Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I NEED AN EXIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

WatermelonGun posted:

I like how no matter what time of day it is I can just pop into this thread and read some of Spunkster's dumbass poo poo. He doesn't eat or sleep or work or have any friends, he just posts. :911:

Patently false on all fronts, that sir, is slander

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Many people in the US have this weird thing where they have to be very vocal about their origins, whether it's Italian, Irish, native or Jewish, even if it's a very far relative.

I always assumed it's because it's not very glamorous to claim to be American

Gotta distinguish yourself from everyone else, granted 90% of the time this is just people yelling about how Irish they are while drinking booze.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Patently false on all fronts, that sir, is slander

Prove you have a job and a friend.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Elizabeth Warren is just like every other basic white broad who claims to be part Cherokee when it suits her. Whether or not you find that scandalous is up to you. Here's an article about it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/is-elizabeth-warren-native-american-or-what/257415/

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Many people outside the US have this weird thing where they latch onto our culture and political debates and act like they know something

I assume its because their own countries are such piles of poo poo they need to distract themselves

It's not like Americans who never ever criticize other countries or cultures like Mexico or Muslim.

Ahah it's hilarious how thin skinned you patriots are.

Just admit your country sucks and move on.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Many people in the US have this weird thing where they have to be very vocal about their origins, whether it's Italian, Irish, native or Jewish, even if it's a very far relative.

I always assumed it's because it's not very glamorous to claim to be American

hmm idk maybe because poor city immigrants that came here are nothing like country bumpkin white americans who've been here longer. why would you identify as a culture you don't resemble?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

America sucks but it beats everywhere else.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

America sucks but it beats everywhere else.

I haven't lived anywhere other than the upper Midwest and never left this area for any reason but I'm fairly certain if someone offered to let me move to Canada or Scandinavia, that would be a marked improvement over the U.S

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I haven't lived anywhere other than the upper Midwest and never left this area for any reason

I am so so sorry

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I thought the 'american heritage" only matters when it's about Mexico or Muslims.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Prove you have a job and a friend.

Here's a snowglobe I found in the garbage and my morning coffee at work

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's not like Americans who never ever criticize other countries or cultures like Mexico or Muslim.

Ahah it's hilarious how thin skinned you patriots are.

They hate us cause they ain't us.

Krustic fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 2, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So a piece of garbage and what looks like a desk in your bedroom. Uh-huh.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Were you digging through the garbage in order to get the coffee or

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
I too am attracted to other countries by travel brochures promising rainbows and unicorns after never leaving 50 square miles of where I've been birthed

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I haven't lived anywhere other than the upper Midwest and never left this area for any reason

No wonder you're such a miserable louse. That's how people become radicalized and blow up government daycares.

Save up some money and take a road trip, do it for the children.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

play him off, larry

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I haven't lived anywhere other than the upper Midwest and never left this area for any reason but I'm fairly certain if someone offered to let me move to Canada or Scandinavia, that would be a marked improvement over the U.S

Lets hang out

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
The furthest I've been from the Twin Cities metro area is Mt Rushmore , which is the only vacation I've ever been on, thenI got duped into going to Wall Drug and I've been bitter since

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Preoptopus posted:

Just lying in bed casually reading people call the President of the United States a "loving retard" in his own twitter feed. What a time to be alive.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the best part about "America sucks" being said by someone not American is the very well being of their country depends on us doing well. if we fall we're taking a whole bunch of poo poo with us

they literally depend on us idiots not loving up and it's loving awesome

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mordor She Wrote posted:

The furthest I've been from the Twin Cities metro area is Mt Rushmore , which is the only vacation I've ever been on, thenI got duped into going to Wall Drug and I've been bitter since

This is depressing af

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

the best part about "America sucks" being said by someone not American is the very well being of their country depends on us doing well. if we fall we're taking a whole bunch of poo poo with us

That's why you should maybe stop sucking

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bholder posted:

That's why you should maybe stop sucking

nah we're done, it's China's rightful place tbh

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

This is what makes the Move To Canada sentiment so relishable. Canada's peaceful loving national identity is entirely dependent on sharing a southern border with the world's sole superpower. If poo poo hits the fan in America things will get far worse for the countries we enable by simply being.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I looked it up and I don't understand this Wall Drug concept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Drug

I mean I can see how it's important to Wall but the jump to tourism is confounding me

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

I looked it up and I don't understand this Wall Drug concept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Drug

I mean I can see how it's important to Wall but the jump to tourism is confounding me

All you see for it all billboards and bumper stickers for miles and then you finally get there and it's just a lovely store that sells Jackalopes.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's in the middle of nowhere so it's a something to look forward to or tell the kids about to break up the driving through nothingness

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

The average population of cities in South Dakota are measured in triple digits

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If you'd read American Gods you'd know it's a window to the Immanent

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

What even is this? I see a root vegetable sticking out of it so I assume it's a small glass of green filth (probably kale) and not something worth saying "this is helping" about

God dammit Bradddddd.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I assume it's some kind of idiot liquor drink

E: turned brightness up and it is green, gross

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 2, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Ha goddamn no wonder you're so pissy all the time

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Mordor essentially lives in the Sweden of the USA, what a baby

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
:confused: I never said Minnesota wasn't nice, of the three states I've been to I like it the most.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
what's it like living in flyover country that planes don't even fly over

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
They got bored in Minnesota so they decided to import some jihadi Somalis to spice it up a little

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They got bored in Minnesota so they decided to import some jihadi Somalis to spice it up a little

Most Somalis I work with are pretty decent people :confused: same with the Hmong

• Locked thread