Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What mod adds all that neat poo poo to the skybox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Eox posted:

What mod adds all that neat poo poo to the skybox?

That's the Garden of Glass skybox.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So I mentioned to a friend I was playing Divine Journey and they passed this along when I brought up the endgame:

quote:

I did some crude math for the rest of the neutronium required to solve the pack and the required mats are 20+ billion crystallos and obsidian
:stonklol:
So uh, that might not be happening. I now wonder if this was even playtested.

E: For the record that's five FILLED Deep Storage Units. Filled with a second-tier alchemical ingredient. What the gently caress.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 15, 2017

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

GruntyThrst posted:

Okay I got the Minecraft bug and now I need to know if any good magic/alchemy sorta mods still exist. I was trying to decipher the ungodly hellscape that minecraft modding has apparently descended further into and Thaumcraft hasn't been updated in forever, that's the kinda thing I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

You can always play the older ones, Try Technic Pack and I know a server still running
Tekkit Main
Hexxit
Voltz (1.5.2)
Agrarian Skies
Attack of the BTeam
TPPI
Yogscast Complete
and their 2 own mod packs
Tech & RPG (like tppi but on 1.7.10)
and
Apocalyptic Adventures
a Magic only no tech pack with chocolate craft dungeons

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I'm patiently waiting to hear from the guy who manages to "finish" MS2. It sure as hell hasn't been playtested to the end, but that's old news. I hear PO3 is humming right along, but they're still waiting on a number of mod updates on an indefinite time table.

No ETA on the FTB 1.12 expert pack as of the November status update.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Evil Mastermind posted:

You guys like seeing lovely builds, right?

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've stuck with SF3 to the point where I have an early automatic mob farm and auto-lava generation.

Now I just need to figure out how to collect all that XP and sort out the mob drops with Storage Drawers as my next step.

In my LP I started out with a solid base design then gave up and just started putting stuff wherever and now that I'm deeper in have gone back to designing areas around mods.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

So I mentioned to a friend I was playing Divine Journey and they passed this along when I brought up the endgame:

E: For the record that's five FILLED Deep Storage Units. Filled with a second-tier alchemical ingredient. What the gently caress.

Wat

It must be possible to circumvent that somehow. What items are involved here?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Wat

It must be possible to circumvent that somehow. What items are involved here?

It's a blood magic thing. Apparently you need a shitload of Crystallos. You can automate this with the Ballad of Alchemy, but, uh, yeah.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vib Rib posted:

What's 'solving' the modpack consist of? Are those Avaritia recipes for creative items? If so, is one of the items a creative strongbox or similar?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's a blood magic thing. Apparently you need a shitload of Crystallos. You can automate this with the Ballad of Alchemy, but, uh, yeah.

Well I mean, what is it used for? Can you duplicate later steps somehow?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You sort of can, but each recipe needs to be powered by blood magic Life Points, which are only obtainable by killing creatures. Creature killing can be automated sure, but you're going to slam straight into the cap that minecraft has on spawn rates and enemy density, and that's going to be your insurmountable rate-limiting step. This really is buttcoin mining with how much meaningless leaving-your-computer-running they expect you to do.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SF3 question: how do I get soul sand? I'm starting to need nether quartz.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Mzbundifund posted:

You sort of can, but each recipe needs to be powered by blood magic Life Points, which are only obtainable by killing creatures. Creature killing can be automated sure, but you're going to slam straight into the cap that minecraft has on spawn rates and enemy density, and that's going to be your insurmountable rate-limiting step. This really is buttcoin mining with how much meaningless leaving-your-computer-running they expect you to do.

Actually RfTools is in the game and one of the later quests is to make an RFTools dimension of 100% life essence liquid and add a pump.

It has a lot of dumb stuff like that, magical crops and more but tbh it gets super tedious automating Literally Everything and the game was crashing with lag before I got even close to that point. It was fun but I’m not too broken up about my save being lag crippled.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

SF3 is ex nihilo, right? If so, you need to put sand into barrels of witch water, which is just water in a barrel that's been sitting near mycelium for a bit.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Evil Mastermind posted:

IIRC soul sand is sand placed into a barrel of witch water (which is a barrel of water that has been sitting on top of mycelium for awhile).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

when automating this, bear in mind that the act of creating witchwater spawns mushrooms, which you can eat!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks folks. I haven't automated it (I don't know how to automate water creation or what sources I can pump water out of), but I've got a few barrels making witchwater now with some space to get mushrooms.

Also, I built my first storage drawer controller! It's almost like I'm a real minecrafter! :downs:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Toadsmash posted:

I'm patiently waiting to hear from the guy who manages to "finish" MS2. It sure as hell hasn't been playtested to the end, but that's old news. I hear PO3 is humming right along, but they're still waiting on a number of mod updates on an indefinite time table.

No ETA on the FTB 1.12 expert pack as of the November status update.

If I'm doing this right, if you're able to complete that resource once per tick with twelve ticks a second, then you need to do that for 50 years to complete the pack. It's the Internet so we can fully expect that somebody is going to do it but it's probably going to involve reproducing the entire start-to-finish generation chain for the resource a thousand times. However, for that work you might as well mine Bitcoins instead. Make it 100 billion and you have one calculation for the number of stars in our entire galaxy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Believe me. Life Essence is not the limiting factor. By that point you can even have the creative orb which lets you fill your LP network for free. And it's still basically insurmountable.
20 billion crystallos (again, four full DSUs) is just going to take forever to produce, even if all the components were available in infinite supply. Let's say generously that each one takes 3 seconds to produce at an alchemy set. Fully automated, that's 60 billion seconds of work total. If you had 1000 blood magic alchemy sets going in tandem, all piped, servo'd, and wired to be fully automated, that's one million minutes to produce. 2 million minutes if you count the other reagent you have to brew first just to make crystallos in this pack.
That's literally years.
I keep thinking I've hosed up the math here but even at a fraction of that it's still ludicrous.

Devor posted:

What's 'solving' the modpack consist of? Are those Avaritia recipes for creative items? If so, is one of the items a creative strongbox or similar?
Yes. The modpack's goal (as stated) is to get the creative strongbox and use it to achieve Infinite Infinity Ingots.

McFrugal posted:

Crystallos makes icy cores

which make frozen cores

which make water crystals

which make water crystal blocks.

They make Neutronium nuggets.

See, 1 neutronium dust plus a bunch of high level components makes a nugget (you can't just craft 9 dust like normal). The high level components include four elemental crystal blocks, each made of a 3x3 of elemental crystals, which are in turn made in Avaritia with a huge amount of materials. So one Avaritia-tier craft makes 1/9th of one of the four gem blocks you need to create a single neutronium nugget.
Oh, and each one of those diamonds in the corner? Each one of those takes 1.9 million obsidian, and 2.2 million miniccio essence from magical crops.

You can see how this adds up.

McFrugal posted:

Yeah, my friend and I discussed it at length after he showed me this, and I feel this is the real thing most "expert" modpacks miss: you need a way to make things easier to get by the endgame. But by the time you're doing this, your best way to get obsidian is still obsidian essence from magical crops, which aren't even 1:1. So you'll have an imaginary time farm growing them, crafters autoproducing them, and it still will get you a trickle compared to what you need. The modpack creator's suggestion was, and I'll just post the quote:

quote:

I made 16 huge fields (11x11) of Minico in the Last Millenium, and used an AgriCraft Farming station for each setup. Imaginary Time Blocks give a huge boost, but I also used ~250 layers of Growth Pulsars, a lot of Reinforced Watering Cans in Autonomous Activators, and obviously used 10/10/10 Seeds. The Growth Pulsars and Watering Cans might not seem to have much effect at first, because the Imaginary Time Block is too good, but they actually do. Make sure to use those too.
:psyduck:

This is the problem with "expert" modpacks. So many don't give you a way to make producing the resources easier, they just expect you to do more of it. Is that one farm you had early on not enough? Make 15 more farms! With literally 30,250 growth pulsers each, and dozens of imaginary time blocks and reinforced watering cans! Who cares if you get 1 FPS and a thousand skipped ticks? You want more, don't you?
The solution to so many of these packs is just to just do it bigger, but why can't the solution be to do it better, instead? Why this kind of excess instead of just making a single, better farm? Is framerate a commodity? Are we not worthy of endgame unless the system slows to a crawl as 100,000 growth pulsers force tile updates every tick?

Said friend is currently trying to convince me to help salvage the modpack by adding endgame producers to fill in the gaps, and I think it would be pretty feasible if only there were a system for skipping these interim steps. ProjectE and custom recipes (as well as custom crops) seem like they could work well. I think there's potential here and sadly the pack has its hooks in me such that I want to "fix" it by the time I get to the impossible grind but it feels like more work than it deserves.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Believe me. Life Essence is not the limiting factor. By that point you can even have the creative orb which lets you fill your LP network for free. And it's still basically insurmountable.
20 billion crystallos (again, four full DSUs) is just going to take forever to produce, even if all the components were available in infinite supply. Let's say generously that each one takes 3 seconds to produce at an alchemy set. Fully automated, that's 60 billion seconds of work total. If you had 1000 blood magic alchemy sets going in tandem, all piped, servo'd, and wired to be fully automated, that's one million minutes to produce. 2 million minutes if you count the other reagent you have to brew first just to make crystallos in this pack.
That's literally years.
I keep thinking I've hosed up the math here but even at a fraction of that it's still ludicrous.

Yes. The modpack's goal (as stated) is to get the creative strongbox and use it to achieve Infinite Infinity Ingots.

which make frozen cores

See, 1 neutronium dust plus a bunch of high level components makes a nugget (you can't just craft 9 dust like normal). The high level components include four elemental crystal blocks, each made of a 3x3 of elemental crystals, which are in turn made in Avaritia with a huge amount of materials. So one Avaritia-tier craft makes 1/9th of one of the four gem blocks you need to create a single neutronium nugget.
Oh, and each one of those diamonds in the corner? Each one of those takes 1.9 million obsidian, and 2.2 million miniccio essence from magical crops.

Yeah, my friend and I discussed it at length after he showed me this, and I feel this is the real thing most "expert" modpacks miss: you need a way to make things easier to get by the endgame. But by the time you're doing this, your best way to get obsidian is still obsidian essence from magical crops, which aren't even 1:1. So you'll have an imaginary time farm growing them, crafters autoproducing them, and it still will get you a trickle compared to what you need. The modpack creator's suggestion was, and I'll just post the quote:

:psyduck:

This is the problem with "expert" modpacks. So many don't give you a way to make producing the resources easier, they just expect you to do more of it. Is that one farm you had early on not enough? Make 15 more farms! With literally 30,250 growth pulsers each, and dozens of imaginary time blocks and reinforced watering cans! Who cares if you get 1 FPS and a thousand skipped ticks? You want more, don't you?
The solution to so many of these packs is just to just do it bigger, but why can't the solution be to do it better, instead? Why this kind of excess instead of just making a single, better farm? Is framerate a commodity? Are we not worthy of endgame unless the system slows to a crawl as 100,000 growth pulsers force tile updates every tick?

Said friend is currently trying to convince me to help salvage the modpack by adding endgame producers to fill in the gaps, and I think it would be pretty feasible if only there were a system for skipping these interim steps. ProjectE and custom recipes (as well as custom crops) seem like they could work well. I think there's potential here and sadly the pack has its hooks in me such that I want to "fix" it by the time I get to the impossible grind but it feels like more work than it deserves.

You should play Project Ozone 2 Kappa Mode, God's own modpack. I have never had to make any particular machine more than once, you can always tier up into the next better thing instead. There are lots of "xtream" challenges, but it gives you the tools to do them in a reasonable way.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Vib Rib posted:

<grindcraft incorporated>

Who the gently caress would actually try to do all that nonsense?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ambaire posted:

Nerds.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

This is the problem with "expert" modpacks. So many don't give you a way to make producing the resources easier, they just expect you to do more of it.

This is one thing Age of Engineering did well, IMO -- teching up had the tangible reward of allowing you to shortcut or otherwise obviate some of the more challenging crafting tasks. It did have some of the end-game grind -- in particular, you needed 4096 Scented Paneling from Forestry (bees required,) but I did three quarters of it by just setting up the bees in question extremely early and using self-feed conduits to keep the bees grinding all the time. The remaining portion I did by using the atomic multiplier.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ambaire posted:

Nobody, I don't think. Even these numbers came from someone who got to near that point and just stopped and did the math instead of seriously attempting it.

Rutibex posted:

You should play Project Ozone 2 Kappa Mode, God's own modpack. I have never had to make any particular machine more than once, you can always tier up into the next better thing instead. There are lots of "xtream" challenges, but it gives you the tools to do them in a reasonable way.
Reaching avaritia is about where I stopped there, too, because I was just sitting and waiting on neutronium collectors.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This is one thing Age of Engineering did well, IMO -- teching up had the tangible reward of allowing you to shortcut or otherwise obviate some of the more challenging crafting tasks. It did have some of the end-game grind -- in particular, you needed 4096 Scented Paneling from Forestry (bees required,) but I did three quarters of it by just setting up the bees in question extremely early and using self-feed conduits to keep the bees grinding all the time. The remaining portion I did by using the atomic multiplier.
Yeah, agreed. The whole point is being able to upgrade instead of just expand. Like sticking a capacitor in your SAG mill instead of just making 7 more. You're supposed to unlock new and better methods, not just more of the same one.
I think the endgame can be salvaged and reworked, and I should hope so, because the rest of the pack is pretty fun to this point. It just needs some endgame tweaking.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

That's literally years.

which make frozen cores

4 crystallos per icy core, 8 icy cores per frozen core, 20 frozen cores per water crystal, 9 water crystals per block is 5760 crystallos per neutronium nugget. Seems like the obsidian is worse.

Where's the obsidian calculation coming from? Compressed obsidian?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
It's just bad design. If your extended endgame isn't going to be completable by any remotely sane metric, just don't bother with it at all. MS2's is at least as bad. A couple people on the official server actually got within reach of an ultimate ingot (of which you need 600 to reach the ostensible final goal)under the old model where you just needed one set of singularities before the server owner basically told them they were done. They couldn't scale up the crazier PlusTIC alloys enough to produce them at a remotely sane rate without smelteries because they're awful on TPS to use at scale, and the alloying rate for mirion/osgloglas is abysmally slow. That's KIND of less of an obstacle now -- after about 3 months of a dozen people telling him that the smeltery just wasn't feasible for massive scale alloy production, he added a custom multiblock called the master alloy furnace that's upgradable to make them pretty much as fast as you want. He's since multiplied the resources required per ultimate ingot by at least a factor of 9 -- you now need 17 of the combo singularities per nugget, not ingot. That's 1.7 million of pretty much every meaningfully limited resource in the pack ranging from coal and lapis lazuli all the way up to refined obsidian, mirion, and elementium per nugget. So 15.3 million of each resource per ingot (there are 40-something resources involved) * 600 ingots = 9.1 billion of each of those 40-odd resources to complete the pack. Something like 2/3 of those resources have MA crops associated with them that make them trivial to scale up, but many of them don't, including most of the more logistically complicated ones.

Oh, and he finally got around to making chaos shards a renewable resource via an endgame recipe for the Atomic Multiplier (which has all the endgame stuff blacklisted), so you "only" need to kill 25 chaos guardians. It used to be 120. Still completely batshit crazy if you know how chaos guardians work, but hey, it's an improvement. And god help you if you're playing on a server where multiple people might be happening to chase the endgame and need their own chaos kills.

By the author's own admission, the endgame is intended to be completely doable.

:q:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
If you ever require more than a billion of anything in minecraft it basically doesn't matter what kind of crazy automated resource gathering system you have, that's too much and will take months to complete if not years.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Unless there's some crazy production loop a la EMC shenanigans that literally produces materials from abusing mod interactions or failure from pack writers to set their numbers properly. I was doing that with Project Ozone 2 to be able to automate singularity production, hampered by the fact that the machines required are built inside Avaritia crafting, which is impossible to automate. Even that was rather slow.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The dev of Embers seems to have missed the memo about how combat works in 1.12 now and designed Ember Golems to constantly hit you. Also apparently they just spawn randomly instead of in specific structures like the goddamn manual says? This is loving stupid.

Speaking of combat in 1.12 I really hate it. It's more engaging but that's a bad thing due to how frequent monsters are. It would kindof work if swords had a REAL sweep attack instead of just a splash attack when you hit something. If you could swing sideways, skeletons would not be the massive dodgy pain in the rear end they are to fight, and missing in combat would be less frequent so the charge-up mechanic would be less of a strict nerf to your ability to fight. They did not need to make combat harder, it was at the right difficulty before. Now it's a huge pain in the rear end and I'm really tempted to just leave it on peaceful and cheat in monster drops when I need them.

Like, have you tried to kill a bat now? A loving bat! It's like trying to punch them to death in 1.7.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 16, 2017

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

The dev of Embers seems to have missed the memo about how combat works in 1.12 now and designed Ember Golems to constantly hit you. Also apparently they just spawn randomly instead of in specific structures like the goddamn manual says? This is loving stupid.

Speaking of combat in 1.12 I really hate it. It's more engaging but that's a bad thing due to how frequent monsters are. It would kindof work if swords had a REAL sweep attack instead of just a splash attack when you hit something. If you could swing sideways, skeletons would not be the massive dodgy pain in the rear end they are to fight, and missing in combat would be less frequent so the charge-up mechanic would be less of a strict nerf to your ability to fight. They did not need to make combat harder, it was at the right difficulty before. Now it's a huge pain in the rear end and I'm really tempted to just leave it on peaceful and cheat in monster drops when I need them.

Like, have you tried to kill a bat now? A loving bat! It's like trying to punch them to death in 1.7.

My least favourite enemy is Thermal Expansion's Blitzes. I had the misfortune of setting up shop in an Extreme Hills biome in my last MSB2 game, which meant my mob spawner included Blitzes. And, I would 100% die at least once trying to kill them (since they aren't really affected by a mobdrop tower) even if it seemed like they weren't actually shooting at me. I'd just take 3-4 hearts of damage randomly just by being in LOS of them.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
If I haven't played any MC since version 1.7 or 1.8, what's the standard procedure for playing modded MC and hosting a small server (2-6 people) nowadays?

Is the Technic Launcher still the way to go? What packs are running on 1.12 (or 1.11 if that has more options) should we check out if we were mostly into Tekkit, the OMP packs, and stuff like that?

I don't really want anything quest-driven or a skyblock. Definitely want to have a bunch of options for cool machines and automation. Also something that generates more interesting terrain over vanilla is a huge plus.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BCRock posted:

If I haven't played any MC since version 1.7 or 1.8, what's the standard procedure for playing modded MC and hosting a small server (2-6 people) nowadays?

Is the Technic Launcher still the way to go? What packs are running on 1.12 (or 1.11 if that has more options) should we check out if we were mostly into Tekkit, the OMP packs, and stuff like that?

I don't really want anything quest-driven or a skyblock. Definitely want to have a bunch of options for cool machines and automation. Also something that generates more interesting terrain over vanilla is a huge plus.

If you're looking to run a pre-existing pack with no customization, the Twitch launcher is the best minecraft mod launcher that's around. If you're looking for a bog-standard, no-frills 1.12 pack, the new direwolf20 pack is a decent choice. It's got Biomes O Plenty in it for alternate terrain generation.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

McFrugal posted:

The dev of Embers seems to have missed the memo about how combat works in 1.12 now and designed Ember Golems to constantly hit you. Also apparently they just spawn randomly instead of in specific structures like the goddamn manual says?

The issue with the Ancient Golems is that they aren't affected by knockback, which is why they attack so frequently. They also do spawn randomly like any hostile mob, but Embers does spawn some worldgen structures similar to dungeons, which always have a Golem.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Serifina posted:

The issue with the Ancient Golems is that they aren't affected by knockback, which is why they attack so frequently. They also do spawn randomly like any hostile mob, but Embers does spawn some worldgen structures similar to dungeons, which always have a Golem.

Well I mean that's a problem too, but even if you rub up against a zombie you won't get hit more than once a second because they actually have an attack animation. Ancient Golems just damage you on contact like the old combat system and you die REALLY fast if one gets in your face.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I haven't had that problem with Ancient Golems before. Either I've been lucky, or something's messing with the golems. What pack?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I’m trying out the Direwolf20 pack. Is it just me, or are Forestry electric engines just broken? It acts like IC2 is not installed. I know IC2 is garbage, but it’s the best way to get renewable energy that I can tell with Compact Solars. I really hate doing power gen and want something I can just set up and never touch again until I need upgrades. I don’t know any other way in this pack to convert EU to Forge energy.

Barring that, I think I’ll use Environmental Tech. It looks like the lowest-end array is between the compact LV and MV arrays, but it requires 25 diamonds and around 2.5 stacks of lapis to make.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Double Punctuation posted:

I’m trying out the Direwolf20 pack. Is it just me, or are Forestry electric engines just broken? It acts like IC2 is not installed. I know IC2 is garbage, but it’s the best way to get renewable energy that I can tell with Compact Solars. I really hate doing power gen and want something I can just set up and never touch again until I need upgrades. I don’t know any other way in this pack to convert EU to Forge energy.

Barring that, I think I’ll use Environmental Tech. It looks like the lowest-end array is between the compact LV and MV arrays, but it requires 25 diamonds and around 2.5 stacks of lapis to make.

Advanced Generators is installed, which has voltage emitters for IC2 power.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Advanced Generators is installed, which has voltage emitters for IC2 power.

I’m trying to go from EU to Forge energy, not the other way around.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Double Punctuation posted:

I’m trying to go from EU to Forge energy, not the other way around.

If the Forestry option isn't available, then it's probably not going to work. Honestly, my suggestion would be to not use IC2, but it's your game. Advanced Generators has both forge energy and EU output options, so you can use the same generator to power both things if you really need to have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
If it has Thermal Expansion installed then you can probably do Arboreal Extractors like someone mentioned a few pages ago - I really like the setup.