Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Skypie posted:

Rolling new properties is 1 blue rock and 1 green rock. Rolling new traits is 1 orange rock. You'll be swimming in blue/green rocks just by playing (since you'll be scrapping greens and blues you don't want) but orange rocks take longer to farm up since they come from scrapping orange items.

You don't get hero power boosts for upgrading items, which seem a kinda lame to me, but I wouldn't worry about it. You'll have a decent weapon for a while so just go ham on rat dudes.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I think the properties and trait at least match on this, so I'm not going to mess with it since I won't have orange rocks for a bit. I did it just before logging off last night and haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

In the future I'm just going to avoid crafting, at least until I hit end game. Doesn't seem super well thought out at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

JBP posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if endgame stats change for release. It's probably not the number one priority but also not too hard to implement and everyone knows nerds love a good stat.

I hope so but I rather doubt it. Current stats are very much centered on egocentric stuff that rarely helps the team. A good coop stat screen should either exclude individual kills or at the very least burrow them under a ton of other stats.

I hope they speed up the loot recieving process in general. Takes a bit too long imo.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

haldolium posted:

I hope they speed up the loot recieving process in general. Takes a bit too long imo.

They already did. Which is sad. It's /slightly/ faster than it was pre-pre-purchase beta.

It needs to be like 3x as fast as it is now. I should not have ample time to Alt-Tab and read this thread while it's doing its thing.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

cliffdiver posted:

Does anyone have a list of what the weapon traits are? I still don't know what "Versatile" means.
My belief, summoned directly from my rear end, was that it referred to weapons with varied attack patterns (wide and single target) and mixed armour piercing capabilities on them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the whole power number on weapons situation would be much improved if they still had the little stat comparison bars. so if you had a level 50 mace equipped and looked at a level 60 mace you could see precisely what stats were being improved and by how much.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Some weapons are good at damage, head shots, shield destroying, and armor piercing. Others are good at crowd control. These are niche weapons.

Versatile means they are not niche weapons.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seeing as the Elf is somehow even more obnoxious this go around (Nice shot-NO NEED TA CELEBRATE LAMBAHFATS) there should be a dedicated key binding for the other four hero’s that lets them slap the back of the Elf’s head that makes her stop talking. End of round stats can have a “Number or Elf head slaps” counter too

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Seeing as the Elf is somehow even more obnoxious this go around (Nice shot-NO NEED TA CELEBRATE LAMBAHFATS) there should be a dedicated key binding for the other four hero’s that lets them slap the back of the Elf’s head that makes her stop talking. End of round stats can have a “Number or Elf head slaps” counter too

But then each round would just devolve into constantly slapping the elf and no work would get done.

... I'm weirdly okay with this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

the whole power number on weapons situation would be much improved if they still had the little stat comparison bars. so if you had a level 50 mace equipped and looked at a level 60 mace you could see precisely what stats were being improved and by how much.

I think the general philosophy at this point is more numbers = better but it's not exactly transparent.

Also as far as weapon balance goes, there are some very obvious choices versus every other still. Example: Halberd versus literally anything else for Kruber

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Kimsemus posted:

I think the general philosophy at this point is more numbers = better but it's not exactly transparent.

Also as far as weapon balance goes, there are some very obvious choices versus every other still. Example: Halberd versus literally anything else for Kruber

Executioner's sword is great though

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Executioner's sword is great though

It is, especially at lower hero power levels, but ostentatiously is not a better choice over halberd because of shield breaking/ armor piercing

I've tried both and that just might be my perception though

bonus: killing with the halberd feels especially satisfying and gruesome

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 6, 2018

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Knife ear piece of poo poo

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kimsemus posted:

It is, especially at lower hero power levels, but ostentatiously is not a better choice over halberd because of shield breaking/ armor piercing

I've tried both and that just might be my perception though

bonus: killing with the halberd feels especially satisfying and gruesome

There's still a case to be had with the warhammer and 1h mace too.

Halberd is good I admit, but it's not quite as good at bullying shields and armored guys as the warhammer and the single mace is a good well rounded versatile contender with better blocking as well.

I was playing around with the lumberjack bow last night and had a lot of fun with it on huntsman. It's maybe not as decidedly effective as huntsman blunderbuss but it hits like a loving truck and you have a shitload of ammunition for it. It's really funny to be able to out-elf the elf. It doesn't even really harm my ability to clown on bosses because ambush + speed potion + warhammer + Witch Hunter Captain active meant that I hammered Ribspreader dead as gently caress inside of about 8 seconds.

Edit: vvvvv I didn't find accuracy to be a problem because I switched to the -25% spread talent instead of the 20% reload. Arrow drop on it is indeed savage though. The slower pace of the lumberjack bow lets me pace my shots and take time to aim compared to my repeater rifle strategy of snapping off shots as fast as I can without aiming because gently caress It I'll Get Them On The Followup Shot.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 6, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the lumberjack bow is decent but its spread is just large enough that it's unreliable at range, which is really frustrating when you're trying to snap off a shot at a high value target. it takes quite a while to activate the zoom and sight in your shot, but even once you do and account for drop there's a decent chance you're gonna miss through no fault of your own. feels pretty bad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats a good weapon for Ironbreaker? I was using the 1H hammer and it seems p dece

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Drakegun, use the drakegun. Make an orange drakegun and reroll the trait until you get 20% less overheat and use the talent that gives another 30% reduced overheat. Charge it to full and let loose. Also use the 2h axe or shield and axe if you want to block so you can kill armored guys who wont die to your fiery inferno.

After not playing an ironbreaker, I can see how I carried a ton of games just because of the horde clear. Its sad seeing so many bad ironbreakers in games.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 6, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

eonwe posted:

whats a good weapon for Ironbreaker? I was using the 1H hammer and it seems p dece

2H Hammer has been treating me well with Ironbreaker. I've been playing Slayer more lately but will probably go back to Ironbreaker once I bump up to the next difficulty. The Warhammer does solid damage and CC but still has 4 shields so you have a good block too. I do also like the Hammer/Shield though so try em both and see what you like!

Edit: I like the Drakegun but think I prefer the Drakefire Pistols honestly. Those few times that I was chasing after a teammate being pulled by a hookrat just outside of melee range and was completely helpless kind of made me want a legit ranged option.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

DeathSandwich posted:

There's still a case to be had with the warhammer and 1h mace too.

Halberd is good I admit, but it's not quite as good at bullying shields and armored guys as the warhammer and the single mace is a good well rounded versatile contender with better blocking as well.

I was playing around with the lumberjack bow last night and had a lot of fun with it on huntsman. It's maybe not as decidedly effective as huntsman blunderbuss but it hits like a loving truck and you have a shitload of ammunition for it. It's really funny to be able to out-elf the elf. It doesn't even really harm my ability to clown on bosses because ambush + speed potion + warhammer + Witch Hunter Captain active meant that I hammered Ribspreader dead as gently caress inside of about 8 seconds.

Edit: vvvvv I didn't find accuracy to be a problem because I switched to the -25% spread talent instead of the 20% reload. Arrow drop on it is indeed savage though. The slower pace of the lumberjack bow lets me pace my shots and take time to aim compared to my repeater rifle strategy of snapping off shots as fast as I can without aiming because gently caress It I'll Get Them On The Followup Shot.

I was playing shield/mace for a good while as well and REALLY enjoyed it, but you can spec into 4 blocks on halberd versus 5-6 on shield, practically speaking if you talent into the thing where for 5 seconds all your hits are unblockable when your shield breaks, it can make for some interesting situational combos

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

explosivo posted:

2H Hammer has been treating me well with Ironbreaker. I've been playing Slayer more lately but will probably go back to Ironbreaker once I bump up to the next difficulty. The Warhammer does solid damage and CC but still has 4 shields so you have a good block too. I do also like the Hammer/Shield though so try em both and see what you like!

Edit: I like the Drakegun but think I prefer the Drakefire Pistols honestly. Those few times that I was chasing after a teammate being pulled by a hookrat just outside of melee range and was completely helpless kind of made me want a legit ranged option.

Sending rats flying with the hammer is funnier than sending them flying with the shield.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eonwe posted:

1h hammer is crowd control. It seems great later on when you can't get the damage from an axe to out right kill people. Axe hits less but goes through armor and breaks shields. I feel like at lower tiers the axe is the better of the two.

For two handers, the pick is poo poo, the hammer is fun for head shots, and the axe is kinda weird but if you get used to light charge attacks you can do well.

I prefer using shields though since I like the push back and extra stamina and iirc you just lose some speed compared to the 1h versions.

1h axe and shield is my go to for low tier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was kinda liking the Pick at least as an offhand weapon for Slayer. I like the charge attack to blow up armored rats' heads by coming down on top of them. It is abysmally slow though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ty all

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
1h axe + grudgeraker is my go-to on ranger bardin

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Slayer is so drat fun, can't wait until level 20 so I can be less squishy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

slayer is self-inflicted carpal tunnel and totally worthless in a party with a ranged class that is on the ball but neither of those things actually contradict it being insanely goddamn fun (it is)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm now switching to longbow on Huntsman Kruber because I know Fatshark is going to kill it, but also because I do want to get good with it eventually instead of just using the blunderbuss like a devastating but braindead crutch. Ended up helping a guy out while I was test-running it on Recruit so I hope he enjoys the loot; blue mats are blue mats regardless of level, after all.

Also, here I was excited by a possible damage breakpoint around power level 320 but the gains I'm pretty sure I saw before going on that longbow test run weren't popping up anymore afterwards. This system is so drat weird, I swear.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Coolguye posted:

slayer is self-inflicted carpal tunnel and totally worthless in a party with a ranged class that is on the ball but neither of those things actually contradict it being insanely goddamn fun (it is)

yeah god-drat, I work with my hands. i can't realistically sustain that kind of apm

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
People are complaining about Huntsman Kruger, but no one seems to mention that Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is also one-shotting bosses(and teammates on Champion) with his ultimate.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

"can't hear you i'm too busy memeing about his worthless repeater pistol being the new meta for everything" - reddit

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah I don't think Saltzpyre's ulti is overpowered; even with the guaranteed crit it takes out a quarter of a boss' health on Veteran, a third at best. Or maybe I'm just poo poo at using it, that's possible too.

On a semi-related note: I want to like Saltz's flail more than I do, but the Falchion seems to do its job much better while still going through shields and armor for some reason. I think it stands to gain some range; it's on a long chain after all. That said, Zealot Saltzpyre with his medieval machete and pistols is a really badass look.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah I don't think Saltzpyre's ulti is overpowered; even with the guaranteed crit it takes out a quarter of a boss' health on Veteran, a third at best. Or maybe I'm just poo poo at using it, that's possible too.

On a semi-related note: I want to like Saltz's flail more than I do, but the Falchion seems to do its job much better while still going through shields and armor for some reason. I think it stands to gain some range; it's on a long chain after all. That said, Zealot Saltzpyre with his medieval machete and pistols is a really badass look.

I've been running Champion all day, and the Saltz's I've been playing with has killed any and all bosses that has appeared in one shot. Including the final boss of the War camp map. It's pretty broken.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

can confirm it is very, Very Strong

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Are they going for a meatshot or something?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

toasterwarrior posted:

Are they going for a meatshot or something?

I think they're using strength potions, but other than that, I think they're just going for a headshot with the crit buff up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skypie posted:

Yeah I was sitting at work trying to remember what the Vermintide trailer was so I looked it up to refresh my memory. It was way cooler.

Also I feel like the cinematic doesn't really make sense for Vermintide 2. It feels like it should come after a prologue or something where the characters are captured before the tutorial mission starts
They’re all hypotheticals as to how the characters may have reacted to the events of VT1. One class is where they progress further in their current career. One is where the events affect them enough to seek out a new path. And the third is where they go kinda insane from the poo poo they saw and take desperate measures. Except Kruber, who gets some kind of happy ending :unsmith:

If we go by canon then, yeah, there’s way way they really had time to change careers. Sure, Sienna could easily go insane mid-VT2 and become Unchained, but I doubt Saltz took a break to get pissed off at his superiors and do some bounty hunting between rat invasions. There’s a reason lore in Warhammer is called fluff, after all.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
I am very glad that Ratboys 2: Enter the Rotboys is a good game and I will continue to appear in your public sessions as the Mercenary Kruber who dies trying to halberd as many foes as possible in order to trigger the You Did It Right dopamine rush of a Paced Strikes proc and forgets about his active until the chaos spawn is dead, thank you ~ :love:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So apparently they posted up pictures of the Helmgart heraldry skins and they're kinda meh.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Pretty much everyone but sienna has a career that can clown bosses. Huntsman being the obvious one but the others are no slouch.

Slayer loving kills it with his axes, a strength potion, leap, his passive, and the WH buff he will mulch bosses

Shade can stealth and backstab like a champ and the only reason we don't see a ton of her is because waywatcher is broken in other hilarious ways.

Bounty hunter gets huge auto crits with his active, but also witch hunter captain's active helps enable everyone else to do what they do even better.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Slayer and Shade don't do anywhere close to the damage Bounty Hunter or Huntsman is doing, and honestly, I'm fine with the melee dps classes being better against bosses, since it feels like they're a bit underperforming as it is.

I don't really mind some classes being good against bosses, it's just a bit boring when they just instantly delete them in less than a second, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Coolguye posted:

"can't hear you i'm too busy memeing about his worthless repeater pistol being the new meta for everything" - reddit

repeater pistol is excellent, actually, garbage memes notwithstanding

• Locked thread