Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical posted:

how long till summoner's rift becomes a rotating game mode

also if you asked them i assume the reason they cant update TT is because its difficult to update without breaking SR or something but honestly "we put a bunch of work into a thing and then scrapped it because we didn't actually make it very well" is not a very good excuse

I can't see how that is the case given they already have a framework to make TT-only items and TT-only changes in the champion spells, and these are pretty much the only things relevant. They've also updated TT with new minions and bosses a number of times in the past.

The reason they don't want to update TT is because they really don't need to. That's it. They hate every alternative map they've made and dislike having to maintain anything other than SR. Their latest post is pretty much saying that. Reminder that they claimed (it was actually posted in GC's Ask.fm) that they didn't want champion mastery in TT because TT would require its own CM balance and the sample size is small.

They then featured it in rotating game modes, which included, ironically enough, TT Hexakill.

They can wait until the playerbase is non-existent, then they'll use that as a reason to remove it, which as of now is also public information and not just speculation.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

I Black Shielded my adc at the last second to block an Ashe Arrow, then got off a binding on the Alistar that was trying to tower dive him, and pooled the Ashe and got a double kill that made my ADC rage quit because I was "Stealing his kills"

I love league of legends (How do I get a replay its prob my best play ever)

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/ADumbPirate#2247200321

Sounds about right.

I'm so glad I've found an ADC main that I get along with that I can consistently queue with; dealing with the random rear end monsters that go ADC on their own is one of the most harrowing experiences.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Coca Koala posted:

Sounds about right.

I'm so glad I've found an ADC main that I get along with that I can consistently queue with; dealing with the random rear end monsters that go ADC on their own is one of the most harrowing experiences.
Playing with low elo ADCs is painful because anytime you roam they're likely to suicide, and anytime you back off after a trade they just assume you went all-in and die alone.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

adc died alone.
teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Playing with low elo ADCs is painful because anytime you roam they're likely to suicide, and anytime you back off after a trade they just assume you went all-in and die alone.

This is why I stopped playing Zac support. :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got owned by a Zac support once, it might be legit???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I got owned by a Zac support once, it might be legit???

Zac support is v good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My friend played Zac "support" once and it was just him slingshotting to death on respawn

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Interesting theory up on reddit that nexus siege is a huge testing period for what will eventually be a sandbox mode. Reasoning being that it has stuff like no cool down summoner spells and stuff like kill all units and resetting champion levels and the works. If so man what an interesting beta test they're running here

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Shoutout to the days of triple smiting TT dragon

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Interesting theory up on reddit that nexus siege is a huge testing period for what will eventually be a sandbox mode. Reasoning being that it has stuff like no cool down summoner spells and stuff like kill all units and resetting champion levels and the works. If so man what an interesting beta test they're running here

Idk about sandbox, but NS being a quick way to test some engine reworks could be entirely possible; for a long time One For All was fundamentally impossible, because in-game variables weren't attributed to playerone, playertwo etc., but to "karthus" or "teemo" (so deaths, kill credit, gold, current health/mana would be universally shared between all players controlling that hero).

It would also explain why NS has almost no polish at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nexus siege was horrendously boring

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nexus siege is fun if you play teemo, find an enemy teleporter pad, and just stack 17 mushrooms on it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

loving riot needs to get more loving league of legends rappers for fucks sake. gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

loving riot needs to get more loving league of legends rappers for fucks sake. gently caress

They've never been the same since they lost dunkey and gidrah

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

pog boyfriend posted:

Let's go! Let's go! (Presses R and activates Zhonyas)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehfXqkyfxx0

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

It's been a long time.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

vintage

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

They've never been the same since they lost dunkey and gidrah

they should get lupe fiasco to do it. lupe fiasco would probably do it

E: https://twitter.com/lupefiasco/status/708015588908486657

looks like it is time for a goon project

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 23, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Libertine posted:

My friend played Zac "support" once and it was just him slingshotting to death on respawn

But if you're ahead then you're slingshotting to a kill on their respawn, therefore

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

gangnam reference posted:

Shoutout to the days of triple smiting TT dragon

Do I remember being able to ignite dragon back in S2? Or am I making that up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

itsjustdrew posted:

Do I remember being able to ignite dragon back in S2? Or am I making that up.
You could ignite Dragon, Baron, buffs, and iirc maybe even minions? It made it really important to be precise.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

RealFoxy posted:

You could ignite Dragon, Baron, buffs, and iirc maybe even minions? It made it really important to be precise.

You're right. Just double checked.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have 7 chests and no keys, what is this madness? It's easier to get an S on a champion I haven't played in months than RNG a loving key piece

stump collector
May 28, 2007
play champions that suck

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I have 7 chests and no keys, what is this madness? It's easier to get an S on a champion I haven't played in months than RNG a loving key piece

Riot wants money, you will always have more boxes than keys

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I just ran into the first scripter I've seen in a long time, a Sivir who sidestepped literally everything I threw at her with the least amount of movement necessary and spellshielded perfectly every time. She spellshielded a gragas ult I threw from brush that wasn't warded, meaning she had maybe a tenth of a second to react to me being there.

Such a frustrating loss, having their entire team call us trash for thinking she's scripting when "obviously she's just better than you"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i'm swimming in keys but starving for available boxes, riot pls implement trading so i can continue to not give you money

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she could have had her sfx up very high and no voice acting on and mashed e the instant she heard the gragas ult sound

im not saying she wasn't scripting or something but reacting to sound in a 10th of a second isn't impossible, especially since gragas ult has a pretty slow travel time

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How would scripting like that even work? Honest question. Would it just search for an unnatural minion (minion flying from a bush at the speed of a gragas ult), does it recognize art assets, I'm genuinely curious as a non-programming luddite.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

How would scripting like that even work? Honest question. Would it just search for an unnatural minion (minion flying from a bush at the speed of a gragas ult), does it recognize art assets, I'm genuinely curious as a non-programming luddite.

I think they use information from .dll's from the game or something. Biowarfare would know more

also the easiest way to see if someone is scripting is to get them against a wall and throw a spell at them that forces the script to either move directly towards you or into the wall and they start spazzing out because the player is clicking back away but the script is trying to make them move into you. Did that to a Caitlyn that our team only thought was scripting and when she spazzed around an Ez Q faster than a player could physically move their mouse back and forth on their screen we all were like "HMMMMMMMM". It looks like the guys account got banned two months and fifty games later because it takes multiple months of reports for someone to get banned in this game

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Name is getting out there.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Name is getting out there.

time to start streaming again

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

packet or memory analysis generally. the phantom assassin crit script from dota 2 was looking at the memory since crits are decided when the swing begins for instance. OCR and other image understanding are not reliable enough nor would they do well performance-wise i imagine (and if they did, frankly you could be out their earning a real programmer salary instead of selling scripts to korean children)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

quote:

i think pants are dragon
emntioned you
idk
have a bueno day

Who is this?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

quote:

i think pants are dragon
emntioned you
idk
have a bueno day

Who is this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pants are dragon is a guy who makes league videos on youtube who has 400k subscribers

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
so do we know anything about Kled yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
New SKT world championship skins. They look WAY better and they 1) added Azir and 2) gave Bang Kalista instead of Sivir.

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-pbe-feedback/92fqQk0e-speaking-of-skt-skins-its-time-for-an-update

https://twitter.com/SkinSpotlights/status/757639592476565504

oh and here's Kled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpEo02Rnj0

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-kled-cantankerous-cavalier

e2 and patch notes! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-615-notes

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 25, 2016

• Locked thread