Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natron
Aug 5, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

hey guys i cant decide if i want to get the mario kart 8 physical for 20% off or digital for the convenience

any thoughts?

Depends. Are you a filthy poor who has a Netflix account instead of driving your solid gold rocket-car to the theatre daily for your entertainment, or are you a rich, earth-loving soul who can't afford to wait a single second longer for your tracks to load on your children's toy machine?

It's one or the other, friend, choose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like physical media.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

completely over my head lmao i need to sleep

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope the next switch has a fake cart slot. When you want to change games, you flip up the cover and push in the fake cart to pop it out. That goes to a list of all your games. You select one and push the fake cart back down and it loads the game.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Paying full price for physical MK8D because I'm dumb but also I still don't actually trust Nintendo's online game distribution. If it worked more like Xbox Marketplace or PS Store where you could still retain entitlements to your purchased games in the event your console is broken/stolen (which is an even greater possibility with this particular console), I would be more into the idea. But as it stands for the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, if you lose that initial console you bought your stuff on you're pretty much boned.

As a random aside, screw the star rating systems from the Mario Kart games before 8. Getting triple star before 8 meant you just got lucky and the AI somehow didn't piss all over your rating which was somehow determined by how long you were in first, how many times you went off the road, how many coins you had per race, how many animals/children you sacrificed to the gods, etc. Though in 8 it became pretty much meaningless as the criteria was so simple, but I'd rather take that then the invisible arcane bullshit that determined it in the past.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope the next switch has a umd drive

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope the next switch has a umd drive

it's the portable format of the future

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wait mk8 is cheaper digital? Also lol time to play BoI on my flight

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I played some BoI today and promptly stopped after getting the dunce cap on Maggy. Why does this item even exist? :negative:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Some of the mouse knight platforming in Wonder Boy is really, really frustrating with the game just not latching onto blocks that I then smash into and drop.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy moley my local walmart had 3 Switches in stock, I was expecting to come home empty handed

I'm now a Switch-haver!!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Holy moley my local walmart had 3 Switches in stock, I was expecting to come home empty handed

I'm now a Switch-haver!!

:lol: You bought a gay dead system with only 2 and a half games

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nephzinho posted:

Some of the mouse knight platforming in Wonder Boy is really, really frustrating with the game just not latching onto blocks that I then smash into and drop.

Mouse Knight does not latch automatically onto the chequered boxes, you need to press a direction on your d-pad to go with a jump.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If you buy all of your games digitally, how are you ever going to know how these carts taste?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

You can pry my puyo puyo keychain from my cold dead hands

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lakbay posted:

I'm now a Switch-haver!!

Welcome aboard, pal!

Edit: You're a bit early for Mario Kart, but just in time for fixed Bomberman! You'll also need to get Snipperclips, of course.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lakbay posted:

I'm now a Switch-haver!!

Welcome to the poor house.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I'm now a Switch-haver!!

Congrats! You may now participate in the worst thread on this website.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

RCarr posted:

:lol: You bought a gay dead system with only 2 and a half games

I bought a ps4 for just bloodborne so I don't have a history of smart buying decisions

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lakbay posted:

I bought a ps4 for just bloodborne so I don't have a history of smart buying decisions

Actually Bloodborne is an excellent game and 100% the reason one should buy a PS4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unmature posted:

Congrats! You may now participate in the worst thread on this website.

Ps4 thread is elsewhere.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Atleast blood borne was exclusive. Switch still has 0 good exclusive games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Bloodborne 92
Breath of the Wild 97

If you're gonna troll maybe try not being a massive idiot

Turns out I'm an idiot that can't read :v:

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 22, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got all weapons armor and shields, and 6 charm stones in Wonder Boy. Is there anything else remaining in the game?

Btw, if you haven't looked at the gallery, do. It's got animatics and video of live audio recording, not just pictures.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

Bloodborne 92
Breath of the Wild 97

If you're gonna troll maybe try not being a massive idiot

Breath of the Wild is not exclusive.

Bomberman is exclusive though and is now good. It was passable at best before but now is legit good after patch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Retail copies own because they create jobs, can be purchased for less (best buy and prime), they taste funny, and you can trade them or loan them to friends. :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Welp

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Retail copies own because they create jobs, can be purchased for less (best buy and prime), they taste funny, and you can trade them or loan them to friends. :)

It's almost like some posters never borrow or loan games to friends. That's a massive advantage for physical versions.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
too many drat Nintendo fanboys in this thread ffs

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we really going to say bomberman is good lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
its a product available for the nintendo switch. i think it meets all the criteria

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sharing is cool and Nintendo is fun, you guys.

:)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Healbot posted:

Mouse Knight does not latch automatically onto the chequered boxes, you need to press a direction on your d-pad to go with a jump.

Yes, it just feels like it fails to latch sometimes on tighter jumps.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Physical would be great if you could install the game for faster load times.

For some reason I don't expect Nintendo to do this.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
*waits 3 seconds more for game to load, dies*

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Sharing is cool and Nintendo is fun, you guys.

:)

This guy gets it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

General Morden posted:

too many drat gimmick posters in this thread ffs

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

so is there any reason why digital is more expensive?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Empress Brosephine posted:

Are you actually recommending that people buy a Wii U instead of a Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I let someone borrow my MKDS and the only thing I asked was for him not to delete my save, and he did. Not being able to let people borrow my stuff is a plus for me.

• Locked thread