Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

how many of those in the playoffs?
otherwise I'm not sure that means jack poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Levitate posted:

how many of those in the playoffs?
otherwise I'm not sure that means jack poo poo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Apparently Hronek's got an elbow injury and he really can't shoot the puck very well.

That answers at least one question.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Talking about next round when you're about to play game 7 sounds like bad juju to me.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Talking about next round when you're about to play game 7 sounds like bad juju to me.

:hmmyes:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://x.com/irfgaffar/status/1792325364632698927

Boeser has a blood clotting issue and is out tomorrow. Well that sucks. Thankfully not life threatening (for Boeser but probably is for the Canucks).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-brock-boeser-expected-to-miss-game-7-with-blood-clotting-issue/

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 19, 2024

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

Boeser has a blood clotting issue and is out tomorrow. Well that sucks. Thankfully not life threatening (for Boeser but probably is for the Canucks).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-brock-boeser-expected-to-miss-game-7-with-blood-clotting-issue/

oh no :( regardless of his ability to play, I really hope he recovers and is healthy again soon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That sucks. hopefully it's not something permanent.

I can't imagine the bruises from playing hockey on blood thinners.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

God only knows with blood issues.
Dupuis never came back but Andersen just had the same issue and came back in a few months

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Brock seems like such a good guy that has gone through so much the last couple years. Definitely a bigger than hockey thing that I’d be happy to lose because he didn’t play as long as he’s alright thing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That really sucks for him. Happy they caught whatever it is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hard to feel good about a month long Devils coaching search that ends up with a Leafs coach that got ran out of town for loving up a team pretty similar to the Devils lol. Not sure who I would feel good about in this slate though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Hard to feel good about a month long Devils coaching search that ends up with a Leafs coach that got ran out of town for loving up a team pretty similar to the Devils lol. Not sure who I would feel good about in this slate though.

Did i miss something? Is Randy Carlyle coming back?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Powershift posted:

That sucks. hopefully it's not something permanent.

I can't imagine the bruises from playing hockey on blood thinners.

Seriously!?! he has one season back to his potential after multiple years of life being poo poo, and he has another roadblock thrown at him.

Canucks were full of redemption arc's this season, but Brock's was by far the best.

Hope he can make it back next season to full health, and glad the canucks aren't playing him through it - I imagine teams/players do some really dumb stuff during playoffs (playing through concussions etc).

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

Update seems positive. It was immediately put out that it wasn’t life threatening but the career part was left unsaid.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I'm formally requesting that the member of CAS that insulted that witch/warlock/voodoo priest please go back and apologize. This is just beyond absurd.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

grack posted:

I'm formally requesting that the member of CAS that insulted that witch/warlock/voodoo priest please go back and apologize. This is just beyond absurd.

Look he didn't know Luca Sbisa was a voodoo priest at the time

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Boeser out is a huge blow - no way they can move forward. It’s been a good year - Nucks were trash last year and look at em now.

Hopefully he takes care and recovers. Great dude.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Lmao

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Eric the Mauve posted:

:lmao:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Any one game is pretty random, so who knows how game 7 goes, but odds of beating Dallas without Demko or Boeser has got to be tiny.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

They've done well with getting this far without Demko and a 10% Pettersson and might even still beat the Oilers, but losing Boeser too, they got no chance against Dallas.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

:eyepop:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The last time Vancouver played a Game 7 at home was in the SCF against Boston in 2011 lmao

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

There's no other games and today is a holiday in Canada. Why is the game starting so loving late?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Vancouver is in the PDT timezone, as G*d intended

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The last time Vancouver played a Game 7 at home was in the SCF against Boston in 2011 lmao

Now do Buffalo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

There's no other games and today is a holiday in Canada. Why is the game starting so loving late?

It's not a real holiday in Quebec unless you work for something that's under federal jurisdiction like a bank or the post office. That's like a fourth of the population of the country, gotta get those ratings.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Now do Buffalo.

I’m laughing because of what happened in that game and afterward.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's not a real holiday in Quebec unless you work for something that's under federal jurisdiction like a bank or the post office. That's like a fourth of the population of the country, gotta get those ratings.

It’s Patriots’ day (in opposition to Victoria Day) and it’s a statutory holiday in Quebec as well.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

if it's a holiday then games should start at around 6pm in god's own timezone, as today's game does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MononcQc posted:

It’s Patriots’ day (in opposition to Victoria Day) and it’s a statutory holiday in Quebec as well.

That just means the SAQ and provincial offices are closed too.

I am at Dix 30 right now. Everything is open.

Edit: lol nope, SAQ and SQDC open too.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You West coaster disgust me.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Early games at 4pm, late games at 7, change my mind!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That just means the SAQ and provincial offices are closed too.

I am at Dix 30 right now. Everything is open.

Edit: lol nope, SAQ and SQDC open too.

Most places stay open most statutory holidays that aren’t June 24 or literally Christmas/new year’s. SAQ stays open on July 1st for Canada Day as well.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GoonGPT posted:

Early games at 4pm, late games at 7, change my mind!

We have the same the out at 6pm games as we do 11pm: like 6, maybe 7. The early ones are hard to get to with work and kid sports practices. For me, anyway.

I had to skip a bunch of early games this season because track meets are 53 hours long.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MononcQc posted:

Most places stay open most statutory holidays that aren’t June 24 or literally Christmas/new year’s. SAQ stays open on July 1st for Canada Day as well.

That’s what I said. The real holidays are just Easter Sunday, Quebec Nationalism Day, Canada (Nationalism) Day, Labor Day, Christmas and New Year’s. Today might even be a fake holiday in other provinces too but I don’t live in those ones so I don’t know.

You can’t have this during the afternoon. Game 7 between two Canadian teams? Everyone is going to be watching to know which one they will root against in the next round.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That’s what I said. The real holidays are just Easter Sunday, Quebec Nationalism Day, Canada (Nationalism) Day, Labor Day, Christmas and New Year’s. Today might even be a fake holiday in other provinces too but I don’t live in those ones so I don’t know.

It’s Victoria Day in all other provinces. But yeah I understand what you mean, I just thought “fake holidays” involved not having a statutory day off, like say Remembrance Day, or Truth and Reconciliation day, where federal workers have an actual day off but nobody else does.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It's not Victoria Day, it's may long or may twofour, we're all out for a rip eh bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MononcQc posted:

It’s Victoria Day in all other provinces. But yeah I understand what you mean, I just thought “fake holidays” involved not having a statutory day off, like say Remembrance Day, or Truth and Reconciliation day, where federal workers have an actual day off but nobody else does.

Rememberance day is a stat holiday in most provinces and Truth and Reconciliation day is in a handful!