Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Zidane would be too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That DICK! posted:

Of the FF protagonists who would be the best 4th panel for mike Jay and rich
Jack Garland

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
rich/tidus laughing

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Butz :D

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I watched Massacre at Central High yesterday. The gently caress was that?

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Xjakk is technically a final fantasy protagonist.

Speaking of, the latest xjakk show has taken an interesting turn

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It had like 120 views the last time I saw the thumbnail, that’s a lot more than he usually gets. I’ll watch it when I’m less sleep-deprived.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
MUTT DIED IN VIETNAM!

what the... oh god it was just a dream... a terrible nightmare... thank god i'm awake now

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
It's too late now that it's closed, but a really fun thing to do at the Star Wars Hotel would be to show up dressed as a Starfleet officer and refuse to acknowledge it if anyone tries to bring it up with you

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I’m pretty sure they were very strict about what you were allowed to wear and even what you were allowed to say to the performers or to other guests. A lady got kicked out for pretending to run an in-universe MLM in the Star Wars universe in the hotel. I think. So yeah they would probably kick you out and not refund your money.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Naturally, but I wonder where the line is. Like how you're not allowed to cosplay in the park but you can 'Disneybound'-- what recourse do they have if you just happen to like wearing leather boots with black 3/4 pants and red, gold or blue shirt?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Owl at Home posted:

It's too late now that it's closed, but a really fun thing to do at the Star Wars Hotel would be to show up dressed as a Starfleet officer and refuse to acknowledge it if anyone tries to bring it up with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQj_bwMf7DM

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
A Star Wars MLM? What are they trying to sell, force crystals?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

You could always cosplay as someone from The Orville universe. Maybe they’d look more kindly upon it since it’s now a Disney property, or more likely they wouldn’t realize what you’re even doing because they’ve never seen The Orville.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

A Star Wars MLM? What are they trying to sell, force crystals?

Same thing as Disney

the ephemeral, wide eyed pure happiness of youth

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

as much as I want to poopoo on the entire concept of a themed hotel where you pretend you're living in the star wars universe, I did realize that if it was star trek themed I would go.

it's amazing how sloppy and expensive it seems though, you'd think they'd cut the whole game itinerary thing, make it just a hotel to start with, and cut the price to start with, but hey I'm not the overpaid exec here, so what do I know.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

piratepilates posted:

as much as I want to poopoo on the entire concept of a themed hotel where you pretend you're living in the star wars universe, I did realize that if it was star trek themed I would go.

it's amazing how sloppy and expensive it seems though, you'd think they'd cut the whole game itinerary thing, make it just a hotel to start with, and cut the price to start with, but hey I'm not the overpaid exec here, so what do I know.

How would a Star Trek themed hotel work? Are we just talking about Fantasy Risa?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i do have to admit being really excited about the Star Trek Las Vegas ship thing when i was a kid

... which I guess never actually happened? i was excited for the ads anyways

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anbo-jutsu classes, "holodeck tours" of vulcan or qonos, a bar

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

piratepilates posted:

I did realize that if it was star trek themed I would go.

it did exist and you didn’t go

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Star Trek the experience walked so that star cruiser or whatever could crawl

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

redshirt posted:

How would a Star Trek themed hotel work? Are we just talking about Fantasy Risa?

Only if we have someone play Worf looking upset that he has to be here.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

redshirt posted:

Uh the same way the star wars one would? It'd just be a hotel onboard the Enterprise instead of on some Star Wars ship.

I mean they literally did it before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDMk8DO4wJ4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TuxedoOrca posted:

Only if we have someone play Worf looking upset that he has to be here.

Real talk: Worf should be locked up in space jail for his actions on Risa.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
No jail can hold Worf.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I would watch Mike's 4 hour star trek hotel review

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Meat Wagon posted:

I would watch Mike's 4 hour star trek hotel review

:same:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

he would just sit in his hotel room the entire time watching star trek

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mozi posted:

i do have to admit being really excited about the Star Trek Las Vegas ship thing when i was a kid

... which I guess never actually happened? i was excited for the ads anyways

They did a Quark's bar thing in the Las Vegas Hilton, I got to see it the last time I was there, 10+ years ago. I think it's gone now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

No jail can hold Worf.

Not on Risa, granted.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

worf is such a weeb, all you have to do is tell him serving his sentence is honourable and what kahless would do, and he'd friggin do it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

as dumb as the star wars a.r.g. hotel idea was, I would love to be the guy who rats on chewie. I would do it loudly and obnoxiously

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i worked for a few months with the person in charge of making that galaxy's edge thing a 'live interactive art experience' or whatever. she was putting on an "experiential artist moment" or some crap on behalf of a charity group that definitely got charmed through random artist buzzwords into signing on. and then the event happens and it's basically just like a car wash for tampon in a tea cup stuff, like you'd be sitting in your car and then 6 people dressed like Whos would jump on your car and start lightly thumping on your windshield with percussion mallets. and like 12 people showed up because tickets were like 1200 dollars

so i personally hold as head canon she did the same song and dance with The Mouse and they bought it, and turned the relatively simple pitch for a star wars hotel in disney land into the world's most expensive LARPing induced anxiety attack. And hell good for her if she's not already been frozen in carbonite

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I want to get to pretend to beat up a heavily padded and armored stunt performer wearing a Chewbacca costume.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Being a guest at Disney sea is a completely different tier of customer/guest services I really haven’t come across globally. That’s what set it apart for me.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Neelix will be there in the hotel, and greet you every day

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i worked for a few months with the person in charge of making that galaxy's edge thing a 'live interactive art experience' or whatever. she was putting on an "experiential artist moment" or some crap on behalf of a charity group that definitely got charmed through random artist buzzwords into signing on. and then the event happens and it's basically just like a car wash for tampon in a tea cup stuff, like you'd be sitting in your car and then 6 people dressed like Whos would jump on your car and start lightly thumping on your windshield with percussion mallets. and like 12 people showed up because tickets were like 1200 dollars

so i personally hold as head canon she did the same song and dance with The Mouse and they bought it, and turned the relatively simple pitch for a star wars hotel in disney land into the world's most expensive LARPing induced anxiety attack. And hell good for her if she's not already been frozen in carbonite

Cool! Got any behind the scenes pictures you can share?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Neelix will be there in the hotel, and greet you every day

That's just Voyager

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Star Wars hotel was doomed to fail because it involves paying on-site human beings healthy wages long term... which is anathema to giant global megacorps.

Businesses are better off destroying themselves and getting that sweet tax write off, just look at any jobsite attempting to unionize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Following Chewie around the hotel with a whistle ratting him out as loudly as I can