Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I would legit love to see Ryder putting in 200% and impressing Vince to the point where he becomes meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Have you considered lucid dreaming

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just pretend that Finn Balor is named Zack Ryder and you'll have an easier time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just pretend that Finn Balor is named Zack Ryder and you'll have an easier time

will i?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WOO WOO WOO WAIT AND SEE MAYBE

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Zack Ryder is Milhouse's dad.

"I'll be back! Pr-probably."

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Delsaber posted:

Zack Ryder is Milhouse's dad.

"I'll be back! Pr-probably."

Wow, thats actually a really fitting description of the situation. Good job. :golfclap:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Getting "MilhouseBart's Friend's Dad" on a "Which Simpsons Character Are You?" quiz would be one of the most depressing things in the world :smith:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
oh gently caress off zach ryder

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

go away

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I find Ryder as annoying and douchey as anyone but he has a point.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Zack Ryder is being a little bitch, getting over in WWE is totally simple. All you gotta do is:

• Try real hard and reach for the brass ring, but don't try too hard and get really popular without permission because then they'll bury you
  • Just decide to keep your head down and work hard without making much noise, but don't be too laid back or they'll say you are lazy and bury you
  • Improvise and feel free to explore your character, but don't change any of the lines they give you on TV because the 30 writers didn't compose those and you'll offend them and they'll bury you
  • Use the power of social media to build up your character and interact with fans, but don't say anything critical about anyone ever, even if you're a bad guy and supposed to hate John Cena, because then they'll bury you
  • Be John Cena and/or Randy Orton
  • Yodel

But breaking replica US titles and constantly complaining might work just as well, I dunno. Try breaking replica tag team belts next time.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's brilliant and the first thing I thought of when McMahon said that.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tato posted:

Zack Ryder is being a little bitch, getting over in WWE is totally simple. All you gotta do is:

• Try real hard and reach for the brass ring, but don't try too hard and get really popular without permission because then they'll bury you
  • Just decide to keep your head down and work hard without making much noise, but don't be too laid back or they'll say you are lazy and bury you
  • Improvise and feel free to explore your character, but don't change any of the lines they give you on TV because the 30 writers didn't compose those and you'll offend them and they'll bury you
  • Use the power of social media to build up your character and interact with fans, but don't say anything critical about anyone ever, even if you're a bad guy and supposed to hate John Cena, because then they'll bury you
  • Yodel

But breaking replica US titles and constantly complaining might work just as well, I dunno. Try breaking replica tag team belts next time.

You forgot: Don't piss anyone off.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I think Zack Ryder should quit and go to TNA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

• Yodel

• Be over 6'2, 250 lbs

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If you want a proper push, you need to work and oil your thighs. Got Miz the main event at Mania even.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
50 years from now, I will still hold the torch for Zack Ryder's push.

It'll happen...someday...:gbsmith:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think a guy whose gimmick is "Long Island Douchebag" was ever going to get all the way over

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I don't think a guy whose gimmick is "Long Island Douchebag" was ever going to get all the way over

Enzo and Big Cass indicate otherwise.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Let's be honest though Enzo and cass are both more than twice the promo Ryder is. And I don't see Zack learning how to be 7 feet tall any time soon.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm not even that big a fan of Enzo and Cass but it's pretty clear that have boatloads of charisma that can carry them through just about any kind of writing and a more fleshed out persona than saying "bro" a lot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Let's be honest though Enzo and cass are both more than twice the promo Ryder is. And I don't see Zack learning how to be 7 feet tall any time soon.

I mean, you can't teach that

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oatgan posted:

i'm not even that big a fan of Enzo and Cass but it's pretty clear that have boatloads of charisma that can carry them through just about any kind of writing and a more fleshed out persona than saying "bro" a lot

Yeah Ryder strikes me as a dude who is just being a stereotype of guys he grew up with, or possibly even just being himself. Enzo and Cass are being stereotypes of themselves, or guys they grew up with, turned all the way up and taken to the point of caricature*.

Being legit 6'10" sure isn't hurting Big Cass either, but the comparison to his partner-in-realness who is a whole foot shorter probably isn't helping Enzo in a company owned by a dude that loves tall guys.

edit: *this owns by the way, I'm not knocking them in the slightest.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Maybe if Ryder goes in for his G certification he might have a shot.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I hope Enzo tells off Ryder, YOU CANT TWEET THAT

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
A little surprised Ryder hasn't referred to his fans as the "Z-Pack" yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you don't follow ProWrestlingTs you are really missing out on the worst wrestling related twitter you can find. I don't even mean their little bickering over NJPW shirts, it's EVERYTHING they tweet. I love it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I love it.

Have we ever seen MRT and JBL together in the same place? (i.e not the top of a mountain) :tinfoil:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

The funny thing is that Enzo got a try out over the objections of some of the trainers at NXT and I'm sure that had nothing to do with him working out at Trips' favorite gym in the NYC area.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
my dream match is cass/enzo vs the FBI

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

We don't deserve Ryder.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

So, grab for that brass ring. But don't piss anyone off. Also, don't grab for that brass ring unless we want you to.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
And don't be Swiss.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Hell even Robbie E in TNA is a better Ryder than Ryder, though he's helped by the presence of DJ Z.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

So, grab for that brass ring. But don't piss anyone off. Also, don't grab for that brass ring unless we want you to.

Such a bootlicker.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

I feel like he tweeted this just before wandering off to bother someone about cover sheets on TPS reports.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Not that it matters, but I really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY HATE IT when anyone in any company anywhere says they want you to "step up." It makes me twitch angrily whenever I see it written or hear it said. It's such an empty phrase, it does nothing to offer guidance or solutions to existing problems, it's a cop-out for addressing any problem it pertains to no matter who says it, it can be used to easily vilify a person ("I fired him because he didn't step up"), and it's lifted from every single entrepreneurial self-help book on the planet. It's corporate confusion disguised as an order. It's empty promises and double-speak disguised as motivational speech. I can taste the bile in the back of my throat as I type this.

If you've ever told someone they need to "step up" in anything in life or work, kindly do the world a favor and catapult yourself face first into a wood chipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
John Cena is the greatest heel in the history of professional wrestling. What a magnificent tweet.