Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Sickening posted:

So have they not figured out ways to make large fleet battles happen without lag?

It's not lagging, the game is just slowing down to give you more time to appreciate the visuals of EVE Online. Like, a lot more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R3DW0LF
Apr 4, 2016

Sickening posted:

So have they not figured out ways to make large fleet battles happen without lag?

No they haven't TiDi has been loving spiking with just 200 goons going through a tunnel and its loving terrible

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Micromancer posted:

The Zarmazd is a ton of fun to fly and spools up to just stupid levels of reps even with only avg skills.

Thought of buying one after coming back, but I feel like it'd put an even bigger bullseye on my head than if I just stuck with a guardian.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

RYYSZLA posted:

You weren't asking me but I was told that Karmafleet is: More active in general than goonwaffe, more active in EUTZ (my tz) and if you don't have post history (like me & the guy who you were asking don't), you aren't getting into 'waffe fullstop, also with the level of background checks and infrastructure Karma do & have access to, they're functionally identical (although this might be me misunderstanding what I was told)

Micromancer posted:

All of this is as correct as it needs to be. Karmafleet is for social people that want things to do with people. The requirements for participation are stupid easy to maintain as long as you are playing. There's no reason not to choose KF over Waffe for normal players.

Thanks. I am a long time lurker (10+ years) so I guess I won't be allowed into Waffe either? I am EUTZ.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

NGC773 posted:

Thanks. I am a long time lurker (10+ years) so I guess I won't be allowed into Waffe either? I am EUTZ.

Just looked at your history, yeah no, definitely not.

You said you were in GoonWaffe back in 2014, were you vouched in? I would believe the "active poster" requirement was always there?
Also I don't think there was a forum purge but might be wrong, I have only been with Gewns since 2016. I think there was a GoonWaffe purge since then but I doubt they would have deleted forum accounts...

But hey, if you have been in Goons before, you could try getting into Karmafleet at least.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

NGC773 posted:

You've got like 30 posts less than me and im a 7 year old acc, so no, you're not getting into waffe

Like Micromancer said though, if you're EU and actually active, Kf is probs the one to go for.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
There have been about 4 purges in the past 10 years I believe.

The most recent being last year.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

dialhforhero posted:

But are these character purges or are forum accounts also purged?
Why would they purge forum accounts?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Because SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRA

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

dialhforhero posted:

I purge characters for inactivity every quarter. Inactivity being defined as no jabber, mumble, or posts in the past 60 days.

If you have no character’s in an imperium alliance your forum account drops to a generic Members status which has very limited access (ie Helldump) but is not deleted. The more common occurrence is goons used a bullshit email they “forgot the password” for and thus require admin assistance instead of being able to self service.

We stopped doing the Vacationers program several years back after some toxic bitter vets abused it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Ah. I guess then there have been 4 “big” purges that are highly publicized? I just remember one day after announcing a purge we lost about 50% of sigma in Jabber overnight. :commissar:

I think the same one Rutibex was purged from iirc.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dialhforhero posted:

Ah. I guess then there have been 4 “big” purges that are highly publicized? I just remember one day after announcing a purge we lost about 50% of sigma in Jabber overnight. :commissar:

I think the same one Rutibex was purged from iirc.

I imagine a few of those had to do with people not keeping up with API changes like CREST and ESI.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

andromache posted:

very limited access (ie Helldump) but is not deleted. The more common occurrence is goons used a bullshit email they “forgot the password” for and thus require admin assistance instead of being able to self service.

I just unvacationed and didn't have access to any forums, even Helldump. Kind of surprised me since I remembered vacationed goons posting in Helldump and SGBS, but...

quote:

We stopped doing the Vacationers program several years back after some toxic bitter vets abused it.

... I failed to account for the fuckgoons factor.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I came back because of a friend. Killing TEST is just a coincidence. I personally feel TEST should've been smothered in the cradle. Instead we held them close and let them play in the playpen of The Testagram.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I came back because of a friend. Killing TEST is just a coincidence. I personally feel TEST should've been smothered in the cradle. Instead we held them close and let them play in the playpen of The Testagram.

murdering them the first time was one of the most fun times i've had in eve

but a lot of that was about being on the inside watching their recon sheets being tampered with, their sbus being stolen, and knowing how easy it would have been to stop it while their entire war effort ground to a halt because of it

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Old Reikoku [RKK] are reforming it looks like. Maybe SirMolle will return to the game.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

watching nc. and test and the whole kit and caboodle of shitlords work for days lining up their assault on 4-ep, beating their chest over it, cynoing in with AT LAST WE ARE GOING TO GET THOSE GOONS after staying up all night

and watching xttz just flip the sbu in the system off and instantly ruin all of that work, destroying tens of thousands of man-hours of work with a single button click

man oh man, was that a loving delight

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

evilweasel posted:

watching nc. and test and the whole kit and caboodle of shitlords work for days lining up their assault on 4-ep, beating their chest over it, cynoing in with AT LAST WE ARE GOING TO GET THOSE GOONS after staying up all night

and watching xttz just flip the sbu in the system off and instantly ruin all of that work, destroying tens of thousands of man-hours of work with a single button click

man oh man, was that a loving delight

wait what did flipping the SBU do? I'm not familiar with how those things work

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

wait what did flipping the SBU do? I'm not familiar with how those things work

the system immediately became invulnerable. we were able to do this because test had never kicked out an alt-corp we put in their alliance years ago, and any director in an altcorp could unanchor an alliance SBU. so that SBU goes down, then there's nothing to shoot and all of those very tired supercapitals had nothing to do anymore.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Was this close to resubbing , so i jumped onto ESI and then....

Lmao, what a poo poo show. I don't even want to know the entire process to getting this fixed. Its a space ship video game. I guess I am a deep cover spy. 13 years on the forums is playing the long con.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 6, 2020

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

Lmao, what a poo poo show. I don't even want to know the entire process to getting this fixed. Its a space ship video game. I guess I am a deep cover spy. 13 years on the forums is playing the long con.

You are going to need to post more to be allowed in.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I've said this before elsewhere. The day I turned away from TEST is when Sansha Incursions were released. We had at the time a solid doctrine using the AHAC Doctrine shamelessly stolen from Pandemic Legion. We then expanded upon that doctrine with faction fit Legions and offgrid Damnations. Then TEST showed up and became insufferable shitheads. Finally I got tired of their antics and shuffled off to entertain myself somewhere else.

Before the Fountain War and just before we were reset by TEST. I led a moveop with Konno to NPC Delve for Topgoon. One of the systems along the way for our caravan of "Magic School Busses" was 6-VDT. Popped a cyno on the undock of the station and brought in 20 some carriers and a couple of Rorquals. The panic from TEST leadership was juicy or so I've been told. They thought we were invading them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

NGC773 posted:

You are going to need to post more to be allowed in.

I am going to go from 3 posts a day for 13 years to 6 post a day for another 13.

Maybe then they will let me play the dumb game another month before i quit.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Last I checked there are a decent amount of old Goonfleet/SA people sprinkled around in other groups these days if you have the spaceship MMO itch and don't feel like dealing with internet bureaucracy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sickening posted:

banned from goonfleet or banned from EVE Online?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

evilweasel posted:

banned from goonfleet or banned from EVE Online?

Goonfleet. Or that is what ESI is telling me anyway.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Before the Fountain War and just before we were reset by TEST. I led a moveop with Konno to NPC Delve for Topgoon. One of the systems along the way for our caravan of "Magic School Busses" was 6-VDT. Popped a cyno on the undock of the station and brought in 20 some carriers and a couple of Rorquals. The panic from TEST leadership was juicy or so I've been told. They thought we were invading them.

Before we got kicked out of Dek, Zungen found us a wormhole chain that led to Test space. We brought 15 or 20 armor ships and two or three triage carriers through for a one-way trip, never planning to burn home. It was pretty fun seeing Test post on reddit about how goons were invading and their spies let them knew of our devilish plot a month ago, especially since we had only decided that morning.

EDIT: So I hear perennial also-rans Mordus Angels have reformed and are in Delve to FIT GONS again.

The Hambulance fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 6, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Stop posting so much, I have the itch now
Hows the war going? Reddit propaganda sounds lovely, even shittier after that redlinexiii post

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

andromache posted:

I purge characters for inactivity every quarter. Inactivity being defined as no jabber, mumble, or posts in the past 60 days.

If you have no character’s in an imperium alliance your forum account drops to a generic Members status which has very limited access (ie Helldump) but is not deleted. The more common occurrence is goons used a bullshit email they “forgot the password” for and thus require admin assistance instead of being able to self service.

I'm guessing that was yesterday because I got purged less than a day after rejoining :v: though I just reset my access and that seems to have fixed things.

I really ought to get on jabber and stop messing about in hisec to be fair.

e: I figure I'll get on a newbees flight next time around there is one. I know there's a new war on and all but I don't remember what half the buttons even do.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 6, 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

this happened to me when i rejoined back in feb, it fixed itself basically

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son
So gonna resub my 2 accounts(scrubtier I know). Whats the best pack to get for some gametime and a bit of a cash boost for some doctrine ships as apparently I spent all my money last time?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Private Speech posted:

I'm guessing that was yesterday because I got purged less than a day after rejoining :v: though I just reset my access and that seems to have fixed things.

I really ought to get on jabber and stop messing about in hisec to be fair.

e: I figure I'll get on a newbees flight next time around there is one. I know there's a new war on and all but I don't remember what half the buttons even do.

Yeah once a quarter I remove anyone with no posts, no jabber connection, or no mumble connection in the past 60 days. I try to avoid doing it to people who just joined the Corp but sometimes I don’t catch that.

You don’t really hear about it in this forum unless I catch a loud squealer like Rutibex.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

this happened to me when i rejoined back in feb, it fixed itself basically

I don't understand how you rejoin if ESI is like the very first step and you are banned from it. :iiam:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sickening posted:

I don't understand how you rejoin if ESI is like the very first step and you are banned from it. :iiam:

The answer is :ccp:

Coincidentally this is also why i will never resub.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Sickening posted:

Sounds like a bug.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
The prospect of capital ship combat almost makes me want to put Omega on a character or two. Way too much of a fan of dread shot pos, and now I have a whole bunch of T2/faction/ALIEN! skills to waste my time on!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

Reminder that posting on the forum, but not logging on to jabber will also get people on the naughty list. If I recall that's how I was kicked. I wasn't playing much and forgot to reinstall jabber after a format. Despite me posting :commissar:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Dalael posted:

Reminder that posting on the forum, but not logging on to jabber will also get people on the naughty list. If I recall that's how I was kicked. I wasn't playing much and forgot to reinstall jabber after a format. Despite me posting :commissar:

Wasn't it something like posts in helldump and spacegbs don't count?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sickening posted:

Shoot an email to newbies@goonfleet.com identifying your SA account, your goonfleet.com forums account and the pilot you're trying to get invited.

If you're banned, you'll have to talk to someone else, but I should be able to tell you whether you're actually banned or if it's just a display bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Maneck posted:

Shoot an email to newbies@goonfleet.com identifying your SA account, your goonfleet.com forums account and the pilot you're trying to get invited.

If you're banned, you'll have to talk to someone else, but I should be able to tell you whether you're actually banned or if it's just a display bug.

Yeah, that is way too much effort to play video games.