Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

So which of the main characters will be the one sucked into the QAnon episode five years from now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

So which of the main characters will be the one sucked into the QAnon episode five years from now?

Homer, and it will be a lazy retread of the Movementarian episode with some toothless jabs at Trump.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did someone say toothless jabs at Trump?

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1163956686832447488

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

America deserves to die

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I want to die now, so mission accomplished.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

I really hate whoever came up with the "his hair is a dog" gag. It's not funny or even clever, and they kept using it every time they animated him as though it were.

Citizen Kang is still the height of Simpsons political jokes. Relevant today, even! I posted "I hope we will have an orderly election tomorrow, and thus eliminate the need for a violent bloodbath" line right before the general election last year and we all laughed heartily. Then there was kind of a violent bloodbath, but that didn't happen for a few months.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Homer, and it will be a lazy retread of the Movementarian episode with some toothless jabs at Trump.

Didn’t Homer become some sort of Rush Limbaugh-like talking head who wore a gravy boat on his head when the Tea Party movement was pretty big? I seem to remember something awful (:haw:) like that.

Man, I just reminded myself that Rush Limbaugh is dead and that fuckin’ OWNS :slick:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

You Are A Elf posted:

Didn’t Homer become some sort of Rush Limbaugh-like talking head who wore a gravy boat on his head when the Tea Party movement was pretty big? I seem to remember something awful (:haw:) like that.

That episode also has Ted Nugent. Before then I just thought of him as, "Yeah, stranglehold is pretty good." Simpsons made me aware he did other things. :sigh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
We are trying to make The Simpsons contemporary and hip with the kids, so for the 20th anniversary of 9/11 this year - Maggie used the gun from Who Shot Mr. Burns to kill the hijackers aboard Flight 93 and died in the ensuing wreck.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Too bad Marilyn Manson is a giant creep (what a shocker!), because that could have been a "great" guest spot.

Teenager Homer: Wow! It's shock rocker Marilyn Manson!
MM: Hello Homer! I'm here to help you with your science fair project! *pulls out one of his ribs*

https://youtu.be/Gcz0eHu7D3k
Clone High did it like 20 years ago.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

There is an SCP called 'Laugh is Fun' which is some sort of extra dimensional entity making a comedy tape that appears in our universe, but it doesn't get the comedy right.
Its either hosed up disturbing, bizarre weird, or nonsensical.

This Simpsons clip strongly vibes the same bizarreness.
The uncanny valley effect but for comedy, editing, and timing.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Dunno why Simpsons would think they’re a crusading force for political progress. They’ve put probably hundreds of millions into Murdoch’s coffers.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Don't you mean XIncog?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

spaceblancmange posted:

Don't you mean XIncog?

Guy Incognito

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

You Are A Elf posted:

Man, I just reminded myself that Rush Limbaugh is dead and that fuckin’ OWNS :slick:

I rewatched the sideshow bob episode where he becomes mayor that includes a limbaugh parody to celebrate

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dunno why Simpsons would think they’re a crusading force for political progress. They’ve put probably hundreds of millions into Murdoch’s coffers.

They pwned him by portraying him in prison once

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

pooch516 posted:

The Gorillaz!? What are you doing in Springfield?

They've already got a gig in Townsville!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ALFbrot posted:

I too have a shirt that says -qiH qoH

Noone who speaks Klingon could be an evil man!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Noone who speaks Klingon could be an evil man!

That’s not Klingon, but it is an alien language (Bizian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2qPa_YrM3c

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1371300404655493121?s=20

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1371300404655493121?s=20

edit: beaten by seconds

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I can't wait to see what insightful commentary they will have.

It certainly won't be a bunch of backhanded insults against people who criticize their crappy show.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I can't wait to see what insightful commentary they will have.

It certainly won't be a bunch of backhanded insults against people who criticize their crappy show.

On the other hand it's impossible to belittle reddit incorrectly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

ikanreed posted:

On the other hand it's impossible to belittle reddit incorrectly.

Watch them find a way.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc0gvwSaueY

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Very on-brand for them to "discover" something that's been around for over a decade.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s awesome, is there a link to the thread please?

Sorry for the delay. I might make another thread like that eventually but to be completely honest, new simpsons is actually starting to chip away at my enjoyment of old simpsons by association.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Sorry for the delay. I might make another thread like that eventually but to be completely honest, new simpsons is actually starting to chip away at my enjoyment of old simpsons by association.

Lol now I'm laughing like a loon, good work!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There was a time period around 08-09 when a lot of shows came out with explicit MySpace parodies that aged badly the day they came out, so I’m not surprised the Simpsons are that behind on explicit social media name episodes

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
:sigh:

https://twitter.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1371260139249012736?s=20

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/joebeii/status/1371511436556505092?s=21

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They should hire that guy to voice Marge.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Julie Kavner's voice is just getting worse every year

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

It's stuff like this that convinces me that they're just given a list of things they need to make jokes about because everybody is making jokes about them and it's getting a lot of buzz online. But instead of being like South Park where it gets in while the getting is good, they're getting in after everyone has moved on.

The Simpsons is that guy at a party who makes a joke about a conversation that ended 30 minutes ago.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Is there a vomiting smallbart emoji? We need one.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

what does it take to get a job writing for the simpsons? how much does it pay? i could have written that joke.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

The Simpsons is that guy at a party who makes a joke about a conversation that ended 30 minutes ago.

Wait a minute... something said, not good. Don't pick on Homer! Wait, no, that's okay... slow! He called you SLOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's stuff like this that convinces me that they're just given a list of things they need to make jokes about because everybody is making jokes about them and it's getting a lot of buzz online. But instead of being like South Park where it gets in while the getting is good, they're getting in after everyone has moved on.

The Simpsons is the guy making Borat "niiice" jokes ten years after the original came out.