Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gotta face sleep sometime i guess

good morning to people waking up and welcome to trump's america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Geostomp posted:

Is there any hope that the endless white supremacist rage that carried the orange bastard might subside in four years of his failure? Or would the deep entrenchment of fellow evil bastards just render that moot?

Failures can always be blamed on others. Until the Democrats present a coherent program that is lead by a super charismatic person I doubt it. And the constituency seems to lethargic to do the grind from bottom up, where you get people elected in county positions, state positions, city councils etc. Without these people the reserves are thin. The GOP now controls all the three branches, most of the governors, most of the state legislations, most of the county offices. Basically if there is an elected position outside of a very deep blue constituency they have it. Hard to fight against such a beast, if you lost the one big visible office you had.

2018 is the next big chance. I doubt the Democrats are in any shape to use it though.

Decius fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 9, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

sure, with a huge and tragic body count

How huge are we talking?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PostNouveau posted:

So I guess we're trying accelerationism then? Any chance of that actually working?

lol no

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

big missed opportunity to use appreciate the congrats imo

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's real political power in indefatigable optimism.

Counterpoint: :mitt:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

So I guess we're trying accelerationism then? Any chance of that actually working?

I said Burger King and Netflix would prevent Trump rioters, the same is true of Clinton rioters. Burger King and Netflix.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

God dammit

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

big missed opportunity to use appreciate the congrats imo

he knows pence is gonna try to convert him

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

well tbf third parties took a lot more votes than 2016

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
*Podesta shuffles up to the microphone*
"Now I know you all have been waiting hours for some news and maybe heard some rumors about Trump winning some big states. Well, never fear, Hillary sent me with an important message. If you bums don't beat it in the next half hour she has to pay the venue guys for another day. Now get the hell out of here!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Democrats let down Hillary. Way to be as bad as Trumpers. You didn't get happy dream pixie promises so you stayed home. You suck.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so owned. so cucked. my god.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

exquisite tea posted:

Bill Mitchell was a smarter more accurate predictor of the election than all goons and polling aggregators.

it turned out polling actually didn't exist

just fkn lol

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

bet kasich feels silly not taking veep

i feel bad

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The world is not over. Even with legislative majorities a president cannot enact an entire agenda in half a term. With full control of government Obama got the ACA and nothing else. Bush got a tax cut and nothing else. Trump will not get his laundry list.

Trump's most noteworthy granular accomplishment of this campaign was not calling anyone a fat pig for approximately two weeks. He does not have the focus it takes to run a government, and lol if you think his cabinet of fringe mercenaries will govern with competence, or that he will avoid appointing the Giulianis and Christies. Do you really think getting elected will restrain Trump's worst impulses? There is nobody to tell him no at this point.

Trump's victory did not erase the bitter factions in the Republican Party. They are going to knife fight each other.

Is Trump going to forcibly deport 10 million people or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to build a wall or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to yank 20 million people's healthcare, or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to reopen 70,000 factories and magically reverse automation, or is he going to back out on that promise? Devil's bargains, all of them.

The wheels will come off hard, Trump will make a fool of himself, and there will be an election in 726 days. If there are issues you care about, get yourself unshook and get organized.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also lol at gary getting only 3%

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
when ur with her but she's not here with u

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

PostNouveau posted:

It worked for the Bolsheviks. Basically your choice now is to either put your faith into principled liberals who would never break the law, or ruthless & incorruptible communist antifas who will resort to any means to reform society.

Serf
May 5, 2011

we're accelerating all right

accelerating right into an extinction event lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RamCNN/status/796307420540760064

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It worked for the Bolsheviks. Basically your choice now is to either put your faith into principled liberals who would never break the law, or ruthless & incorruptible communist antifas who will resort to any means to reform society.

Uh huh. Well that doesn't sound like a ton of fun.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope the "Trump was a Clinton plant" theory somehow turns out to be true after all of this.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

attorney general chris christie

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The world is not over. Even with legislative majorities a president cannot enact an entire agenda in half a term. With full control of government Obama got the ACA and nothing else. Bush got a tax cut and nothing else. Trump will not get his laundry list.

Trump's most noteworthy granular accomplishment of this campaign was not calling anyone a fat pig for approximately two weeks. He does not have the focus it takes to run a government, and lol if you think his cabinet of fringe mercenaries will govern with competence, or that he will avoid appointing the Giulianis and Christies. Do you really think getting elected will restrain Trump's worst impulses? There is nobody to tell him no at this point.

Trump's victory did not erase the bitter factions in the Republican Party. They are going to knife fight each other.

Is Trump going to forcibly deport 10 million people or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to build a wall or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to yank 20 million people's healthcare, or is he going to back out on that promise? Is he going to reopen 70,000 factories and magically reverse automation, or is he going to back out on that promise? Devil's bargains, all of them.

The wheels will come off hard, Trump will make a fool of himself, and there will be an election in 726 days. If there are issues you care about, get yourself unshook and get organized.

quote 4 hope

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

So do we just arzy for the next four years now?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's going to be a lot of dumbass comparisons of Trump to figures of classical antiquity, but make no mistake: the only relevant comparison is Nero.

Caligula

quote:

In 39, Caligula performed a spectacular stunt by ordering a temporary floating bridge to be built using ships as pontoons, stretching for over two miles from the resort of Baiae to the neighboring port of Puteoli.[59] It was said that the bridge was to rival that of the Persian king, Xerxes, crossing of the Hellespont.[59] Caligula, who could not swim,[60] then proceeded to ride his favorite horse, Incitatus, across, wearing the breastplate of Alexander the Great.[59] This act was in defiance of a prediction by Tiberius's soothsayer Thrasyllus of Mendes that Caligula had "no more chance of becoming emperor than of riding a horse across the Bay of Baiae".[59]

quote:

Philo of Alexandria and Seneca the Younger describe Caligula as an insane emperor who was self-absorbed, angry, killed on a whim, and indulged in too much spending and sex.[98] He is accused of sleeping with other men's wives and bragging about it,[99] killing for mere amusement,[100] deliberately wasting money on his bridge, causing starvation,[101] and wanting a statue of himself erected in the Temple of Jerusalem for his worship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caligula#Scandals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It will be "nice " to have the GOP on the record. We are going to try all their ideas. Let's see what happens.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pick posted:

She should have buckled down on being the most bloodthirsty candidate on the map.

She was. She ran a ruthless and bloodthirsty campaign. What more did you want her to do?

Maybe she should have connected with voters or something? I don't know.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

well, i for one don't think trump will do all that much more harm than george w. bush :) thats some optimism to end the night on

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
At least we can depend on republican congress to stand up to trump's populism just like they did with the reactionary libertarians, right? Oh.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr. Pumroy posted:

bet kasich feels silly not taking veep

i feel bad

Literally all the ankle biters like Christie, Carson and Gullianni put all their chips on green 00 and didn't expect to win but beat the odds and are going with it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Decius posted:

We might call them the... "Megavote"? This after months and months of people (like Boosted of all people! But also Punished-and-Redeemed Nate Silver) cautioning against undervaluing this pissed-off white guys (and gals as it turns out) aka Wutbürger (literally "Angry Citizen"), since we probably have to get used to Germany language used in the US again now, after Lügenpresse. And after years of exactly the same thing happening in Europe with poll after poll after poll. One should think the pollsters have learned to adjust for it. But no, of course not. Maybe this time the lesson sticks?

I remember at the beginning of the primary season thinking that the only path forward for Republicans was whites getting angry enough to vote as a single bloc, in which case the minority turnout wouldn't be enough to matter. The response from the esteemed members of SA was 'lol gently caress white people'. Turns out if you don't do any white outreach you get your poo poo pushed in at all levels of government. The minority vote is still the minority, and even the minority vote isn't a monolith. Strength in diversity includes the white people everyone loves to hate.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao holy poo poo

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

how you are feeling right now is exactly how karl rove felt in 2012

:lol:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Not a Step posted:

Chvrches is bad. Nightcrew is a failure. All shall drink milk.

You can add some rum or something to it though, if you want. And a White Russian is acceptable. Appropriate even.

I'm so glad we can finally say this.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
you see, im going to make a bold and wild prediction after turkmenbashi was elected because

*is so wrong an drowning in skim milk*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

aaaaaaaaa

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This is actually the first time I've ever genuinely wished I wasn't a woman. God we suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ruthless & incorruptible communist antifas who will resort to any means to reform society.

There are no such people in the us of a

• Locked thread