Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tap my mountain posted:

Somebody never played mischief makers

Shake shake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Going to acquire the physical Karts of Mario the Eighth from a place they call "The Gamestop", a fine capitalist establishment that satisfies many a search of the Video Game.

(Because Nintendo has a long history of lovely digital purchase retention, and nothing has popped up to indicate any change to that.)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol, that's sad as poo poo.

Digital only Switch user confirmed.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rad Valtar posted:

You got it. It's nice not having to worry about making money back from my game purchases and budgeting out my hobbies. :smuggo:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

s.i.r.e. posted:

You got it. It's nice not having to worry about making money back from my game purchases and budgeting out my hobbies. :smuggo:

please use the proper SA Switch thread sanctioned emote

:laugh:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Every time I buy a Switch game physical I choose to not cut down a specific tree. Doing my part!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

Why are are you using the joystick? L button, why are you pressing the L button? What does it even do???

How would you move the pieces other than the joystick? I'm talking about the individual joycons, not connected to the Switch or each other. The L button toggles the hold piece.

*mutters under breath* what a scrub....

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The N64 didn't have a d-pad :colbert:

My probably thousand hours in The New Tetris begs to differ. One of the best D-pads in fact.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the n64 d-pad is actually one of the best individual parts of that controller, it's just a shame it's completely inaccessible for 99% of games.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can someone make a goty gang tag except for mario kart and not mediocre game snipperclips

tia

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

What do they stock their kitchen with then?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I mean I don't worry about it and it doesn't affect my budget I just like to save money.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 23, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

can someone make a goty gang tag except for mario kart and not mediocre game snipperclips

tia

Videogames please give me a gangtag for dragonquest

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Played snipperclips on the plane with this nice lady, talked about how she used to play legend of Zelda with her kids in the 80s, then later I started playing BoI and had my first successful mom run, although she killed me while I killed her, lol. Still triggered the cutscenes though. Thank God I've watched youtubers play this so I have any idea how stuff works.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you smoke weed you've offset your carbon footprint for a Nintendo Switch game cartridge.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm thinking about buying a Switch. How much conflict rare earth can you find in one?

More serious: how well does the dock travel, can I throw it into a carry-on

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
i wasted all the time i saved with digital botw load times catching up on 300+ lovely posts itt

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm thinking about buying a Switch. How much conflict rare earth can you find in one?

The Switch is made almost entirely of child soldiers.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More serious: how well does the dock travel, can I throw it into a carry-on

people have gotten hosed up docks that scratch up their consoles because it shipped without sufficient padding to stop the plastic front cover from bending back inwards

so, you know, doable, but you'll either have to pack it very carefully or do one of those DIY dongle conversions people seem to want to do with it

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

strap on revenge posted:

can i power my switch in dock mode with usb-c phone charger? i want to take the dock overseas with me but don't want to have to take the power brick + converter

i tried and it just tells me to use the supplied power cable if anyone is interested

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I read so many articles about how the Switch game cartridges were so unnecessarily large that it was crazy, and then I finally got one and it's like the smallest game case of any system I've ever had.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure a physical copy will still exist if I buy digital

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

parallelodad posted:

I read so many articles about how the Switch game cartridges were so unnecessarily large that it was crazy, and then I finally got one and it's like the smallest game case of any system I've ever had.

They were talking about the cases, which are still drat small.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

They're fine if you put manuals or stickers in them, Botw just chose not too which was most people's first cart.

I wish super bomberman was 30 bucks cause then I'd actually buy it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Modus Pwnens posted:

They were talking about the cases, which are still drat small.

Yeah I meant cases. They are the smallest.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wish super bomberman was 30 bucks cause then I'd actually buy it.
:same: ill get it in a year or when i can find it used

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Going to acquire the physical Karts of Mario the Eighth from a place they call "The Gamestop", a fine capitalist establishment that satisfies many a search of the Video Game.

(Because Nintendo has a long history of lovely digital purchase retention, and nothing has popped up to indicate any change to that.)

lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

drat I might need to get bomberman soon then if it sounds like they removed the suck from it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I went to Target tonight and was far more disappointed than a man my age should be when I saw that they didn't have the Mario Kart carts.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nintendo doesn't know how to upload their games until the afternoon of release date so I'm getting the kart.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Friday morning I'm going to Target to get some peanut butter monster and LaCroix and take a pic with the mario stuff then I'm going to best buy to get my $47.99 retail copy of Mario Kart then I'm going to 3 star everything in 50cc and get wrecked by goons online.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Hello Switch thread. Today I defeated The Calamity Ganon and put monkeu on ignore on the something awful forums and I'm feeling good.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Stan Taylor posted:

Hello Switch thread. Today I defeated The Calamity Ganon and put monkeu on ignore on the something awful forums and I'm feeling good.

What a sad life you lead. Scared of words you disagree with on an Internet forum. And now you clicked the thing to read this anyway. Talk about pathetic :laugh:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

monkeu posted:

What a sad life you lead. Scared of words you disagree with on an Internet forum. And now you clicked the thing to read this anyway. Talk about pathetic :laugh:

keep postin

:laugh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Friday morning I'm going to Target to get some peanut butter monster and LaCroix and take a pic with the mario stuff then I'm going to best buy to get my $47.99 retail copy of Mario Kart then I'm going to 3 star everything in 50cc and get wrecked by goons online.

I'm going to roll the dice and see if Amazon sends my physical copy a day early or several days late.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nintendo doesn't know how to upload their games until the afternoon of release date so I'm getting the kart.

Their big releases have always been up at midnight digitally when I've bought them.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Stan Taylor posted:

Congrats!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Their big releases have always been up at midnight digitally when I've bought them.

yeah i never had a wii u but i remember hearing nintendo was always good about their first-party games being available digitally right on release

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Decided to get Binding of Isaac tonight, I have failed hard at it on PC in both original and rebirth form, but something about putting 40 dollars into it compelled me to really go for it tonight, I got to mom, failed, used the code from the run and then beat her, felt good. Looking forward to pouring some time into this some more/getting unlocks, etc. I didn't get credit for a Mom kill though, I assume that's because I used the code?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

caldrax posted:

Decided to get Binding of Isaac tonight, I have failed hard at it on PC in both original and rebirth form, but something about putting 40 dollars into it compelled me to really go for it tonight, I got to mom, failed, used the code from the run and then beat her, felt good. Looking forward to pouring some time into this some more/getting unlocks, etc. I didn't get credit for a Mom kill though, I assume that's because I used the code?

Yeah, using seeds disable the ability to unlock things. So you can't just use a seed to find all the rare stuff like Black Lotus super easy. You can tell if that happening if you look on the left hand side and see a gold trophy with a red line through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I know someone who works at the Baltimore Amazon sorting facility and he says they already have their mario kart games in house, so I am not worried about getting it exactly Friday

• Locked thread