Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

paisleyfox posted:

P.S.: We need to start that primitive breeds thread. :3:

Yes. This way I can be really jealous of everyone and it will eventually drive me to adopting one (especially if I get a job soon).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

More pictures less discussion, please. :colbert:

maplecheese
Oct 31, 2006
Disturbingly delicious.
Here's another one of my parents' new dog. She seems to be kind of perpetually happy.

Saint Melmoth
May 1, 2007
If they are our brothers, why can't we eat them?--12 Famous Buddha Minds School
This is Zoey. She's a 4 y/o American Bulldog we got from rescue earlier this year. She's a big sweetheart despite having been abused, starved, and neglected all last winter.

Helanna
Feb 1, 2007

I feel the need to post some more cute pictures of Rhubarb, my Boxer puppy ;)

Click here for the full 381x604 image.

Click here for the full 604x373 image.

Playing with a friend's Husky puppy:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Stolen said Husky puppy's sqeaky ball:

Click here for the full 570x604 image.

With her new sqeaky stuffed monkey yesterday. It has SIX squeakers in it and boy do I regret buying it!!

Click here for the full 453x604 image.

thumbs up hitler
Aug 5, 2009
This is Ursula.

She's a Manx.
:goleft:

Interests include sitting on the couch...

...learning German (although she is not very good)...

...and visiting the backyard.

She's got toe floof! Look at her rock those cankles!

I just got her from the shelter, and because I am going to grad school, she'll be living with my mom for a semester until I can get a permanent place.

Superpowers: Ursula's got two tails. Kind of. Under that tuft of fluff on her rear end is a tiny nub of bone and muscle, which she can raise and lower at will. About an eighth of an inch south of that is a flap of skin and fat. I'm really not sure what is going on there.

I want to use this opportunity to say how wonderful Manxes are. Ursula here is my third, and they are just awesome cats. They're personable as hell, brave (the first time I put the harness on Ursula, she was ready to walk out the door and explore her tiny world), and really freaking healthy--the shelter said Ursula is 15, the vet said she was 10, and she's still a goddamn tank. My previous Manx recently died at 20, and until the very end, she was active and playful.

Oh, and they don't meow, they squeak. At you, all day long.

:goleft:

thumbs up hitler fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 4, 2009

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I picked up the dog that I am adopting from a local pug rescue group here in oklahoma today and I brought him home. I was nervous he would be scared and have trouble adjusting to his new surroundings but as you can see he's having no problem making himself at home.

We've been home about 2 and 1/2 hours and he spent the first hour and a half playing and exploring (I also put down half a cup of food for him which lasted without exaggeration 30 seconds). He was found at an OKC shelter and had been covered in motor oil. His coat needs some work and he's about 4 lbs underweight but the way he's parasite free and the way he eats I doubt it will be a problem for long. He's an awesome little guy and I'm in love already. Right now he answers to Picasso but I am thinking of changing that to McNulty after my favorite detective from The Wire.

|-alex-|
Apr 9, 2004

Convictions by themselves are nothing
This is Solaris, she is 9 years old and was originally a feral kitten.

Her favorite things in the world include: me, me, oh and did I mention.. me?
Her talents include: sleeping on my face, listening to me better than my kids, batting me with her paw until I wake up if I'm having a bad dream or waking up my husband if she can't wake me up, tracking me down and meowing at me until I go to bed if it's after bed time, becoming "extacy kitty" from excessive petting, and the ability to make it sound like she's purring twice at the same time.

She and her brother (Draco) decided on some incest when they were still kittens, and then there was Galileo (Galley):

His favorite things in the world include: Solaris, rolling around in the shower and getting soaking wet.
His talents include: getting instantly comfy no matter what he was doing just 1 micro-second before, holding a grudge (a.k.a. peeing on things after he is displeased, like your pillow), being a total momma's boy.

When I'm not available, Solaris gets her snuggle on with Galley:

Soft kitty toes...

And then I went and pissed off my kitties.

THIS. IS. SPAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sparta at 8 weeks, the day we got her. We have no idea what kind of a dog she is, other than made up of a bunch of yappy dogs; but she's not yappy.

Her favorite things in the world: her squirrel toy, chew bones, beef ribs, belly rubs, chasing kitties.
Her talents: Sit, stay, "lickies", "go potty", and we've almost got "lay down" completed. Puppy training starts later this month, yay!

Puppy overflow :) A backyard visitor showed up a few days ago and doesn't seem to be leaving any time soon.

She looks to be 4 months old, is NOT feral, but was skinny. We think she was abandoned. (Yes, we will either spay her or find her a home to get her spayed).

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

Hood Ornament posted:

He was way too young to be taken away from his mom. :(

Bogart from page 2 is back, he got his rabies shots today so I thought I would post some more recent pictures. These are about the 9-11wk area, he'll be a solid 3 months this Saturday.

He go to play with his actual uncle this weekend I need to check if any of those pictures came out.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
White dog: Miles (American Eskimo)
Black & white dog: Kiki

Both shelter dogs who were abused and abandoned by their previous owners. Their losses, our gains. :) Kiki is all the way from Okinawa Japan! (Marine base there generates a lot of abandoned dogs. :( )

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yisan
Jul 29, 2003

Strike First...
Strike Hard...
SHOW NO MERCY
So my girlfriend and I just picked up 2 kittens from the shelter yesterday. They are quite the bundle of energy, but they keep each other pretty occupied (Thanks for the 2 kitten reccomendation PI) and here they are!

This is Ellie! She's the girl cat. Tends to be a little more cuddly then her bro.

And here's Teddy! He's a little rear end in a top hat, but pretty friendly as well!

Thats all for now!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

This is Cake Mix, Mixie for short. She is both stripey and spotty, she is very good at rolling over, runs like a cowboy who's been riding too long, and sounds like a donkey sometimes.

And this, is Pasta Queen. She is my favourite, sorry, it's true. She is old, getting grey hairs, loves catnip, has a beautiful voice with a wide range. She is soft, and angry, but loves me more than anything. Pasta Queen!

Saint Melmoth
May 1, 2007
If they are our brothers, why can't we eat them?--12 Famous Buddha Minds School

Helanna posted:

Stolen said Husky puppy's sqeaky ball:

Click here for the full 570x604 image.

What a monkeyface! :)

Featured Creature
May 10, 2004
Tomatoes
Meet Max

Also known as Moo because of the sound mhe makes. He is an SPCA rescue.

And another

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Featured Creature fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 9, 2009

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

This is Khan and Blue. Both are fully grown yet Blue is half Khan's size. Khan also has white ear tufts (only white on him) so my friend calls him Mr. Wizard. They're both humane society rescues. We've had Blue for about 5 years and Khan for 2 and a half years.

And this is Willow with half of Lee's tail showing. Another humane society rescue and we've had her for about 4 years now.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 9, 2009

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
This is my pit bull Bowzer. He's almost 2 years old and is quite frankly, an rear end in a top hat. But I sure do love him. Sorry about lovely cell phone pic.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Zoso at his most content:

PumpkinPirate
Sep 2, 2006

I steal pickles for booty...arrrr!!!
This is Charles. I got him from the shelter about 3-4 months ago. I think his previous owners had him in his kennel a lot, because his tail had hair rubbed off.

This is Max. He will be one this month.

This is Schmee but I call her "Ki-ki". She is declawed already from previous owner. Too bad because I want to get thoes soft paw things and make her pink! I also don't know if its a girl or boy because they said it's a fixed male, but it looks female to me.

My Dusky, his name is Mango. He makes kissy noises when he sees me. :)

And this is Bella. I love her big floppy ears and paws.

Last but not least, Gus my horse. Sorry the picture is blurry. We were in action! Just doing some jumping practice for my show in October.

dAPER
Apr 21, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats
Freja really liked the sink when we first got her.

Artemis is a prissy bitch, but I love him anyway. He likes blankets.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

thumbs up hitler posted:

This is Ursula.

No, I am! :mad: (When you have a name like that, you tend to get a little territorial.)

This is Panthro on the day I got him.

This is him after growing into his name a little bit more.

Still not QUITE a year old, and already a monster.

Waffleimages can't handle how awesome my cat looks in this picture, so here's a link. http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/31/l_0c35478f30cb4a659bdb9544a2f573c0.jpg

Her Royal Highness
Dec 4, 2005

meow.
Canaillou, my first cat now 2 years old

Click here for the full 462x662 image.

Click here for the full 462x662 image.

Yuky, our new kitty 4 months old

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 26, 2012

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Victor Nightingale posted:

Showshoe siamese cuteness

Your snowshoe siamese gets a new picture (or 3) of my snowshow siamese! I walked into the room and saw Molly sitting on top of this old computer chair.

Just be careful with clean clothes, else they'll bury themselves in the pile:

They're awesome cats, you'll love him :3

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 13, 2009

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
New dog, old cat:

Stella, the white terrier, just came home from the shelter on Thursday. She's around 2 and was picked up as a stray with another terrier, but ended up in the shelter a lot longer because she's so timid. Sage, in the background, is surprisingly still trucking at age 15, despite being diagnosed with intestinal cancer six months ago.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
This is my cat, Loki. He attacks anything that moves, including feet, hands, and asses that are twitching in that vulnerable time right before you wake up in the morning.

Here he is again, pondering attacking my foot:

This is my gf's dog, Amirah, Christmas 2008. She's a Belgian shepherd:

Another photo:

andromache fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 16, 2009

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

This is my gigantic cat, Nikita. She's a GSD/Malamute mix and pretty much never stops moving. The bear toy in the last picture is about as big as she was in the first picture. She's had it since I got her and she loves to endlessly circle people while squeaking it.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

My Dad posted:

We had to say goodbye to Ginger today at 4:50 PM. Pretty sad and certainly one of the hardest things I've ever experienced. She was 18 years old and we had the pleasure of her company for a very wonderful 17 of those. She was always ready to go and gave us everything she had. We'll always miss her but she'll live on in our hearts forever. It's the end of a very big era for me in particular.

I thought you guys might like to know, she's in rotation at the top of the page. Sad day.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Meet Layla.

She's my 2-year-old tortie-point Himalayan. I adopted her when she was four months old from a lady whose son was allergic to her. Her hobbies are talking, shedding, and being a shameless attention whore.

Here's some pics from the day I brought her home.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

A couple month later...

Despite the way she looks in these pictures, she actually has really pretty blue eyes. :)

After her haircut this past spring

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Layla today, with her fur mostly grown back

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 16, 2009

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

This is my friend's new kitten, Mogwai, that I went to visit for the first time today. She is already sick of the 'don't feed her after midnight!' jokes. She was sleepy so I tucked her up in a jumper :3

Ulalume
Mar 2, 2007

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead.
This is my newest edition, Freddie Mercury:

She was a shelter dog, I can't even begin to count the number of people who have already made snide comments about how I need to feed her more and about how cruel shelters are. Not entirely sure what she is, some sort of pit mix, but she's a puppy and hasn't grown into all her parts yet so she has gigantic bat ears and ridiculously long legs.

Click here for the full 696x610 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Anyway, the day she came home, we passed out on the couch. It was a long day. You can see how thin she was.

Click here for the full 949x551 image.

This is her now, sleeping - as per usual - on my bed:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Her bandana glows in the dark!

This is my cat Currahee. She is also a rescue, think she's a Norwegian Forest Cat.

Click here for the full 604x483 image.

She likes to flex and show off her muscles.

She hates her Christmas bow.

But she rocks her big money bandana.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

This is my foster cat, Marilyn, being smug.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

She likes to watch cat videos on YouTube.

Click here for the full 1272x897 image.

I have very few pictures of Marilyn because the usually come out as a blur. She's extremely active.

Apache
May 11, 2004

This is Ozzie: He is two years old now and still doesn't know his name, and tricks include destruction of blinds and knocking over various things such as DVD racks, speakers, etc. Here he is in the sink at our old place:

And here he is in his cat tree:

His partner in destruction is his brother Ringo, who is possibly the whiniest and most annoying cat in the world. He will wake you up at 6am daily to be fed, whether or not there is food still in his bowl. Here he is near his scratching post:

And on the cat tree:

SecretSoup
Sep 4, 2009

ponies don't know 'bout my trombone
The Bob. He is almost 17 years old.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Victor Nightingale posted:

Meet my new cat, as yet unnamed:

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

I know there isn't supposed to be discussion here, but you might want to get some cord covers for some of these, especially the apple power cord there. Thin and tempting for kittens, and easily snapped in half by chewing. Dangerous and expensive!

Anyway, here's Dexter and Lulu playing king of the mountain.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
This is Shaggy.

Shaggy was a stray puppy. He came to my family from the shelter around age 4 or so. He was the hairiest, mattedest, saddest little dog I've ever seen. We soon found that in spite of having been a stray for god knows how long, and having a gimpy back leg, Shaggy is the perfect gentleman. He heels on a leash without anybody asking him to; he's infallibly polite to every kind of person and animal, and he happily submits to being picked up and carried around like a little teddy bear. My parents moved overseas and could only take three of their four dogs, so Shaggy (he is an old man now and they were worried about him surviving quarantine) went to college with me. He's my very best friend. He's got a guaranteed spot on the couch next to me for the rest of his life. :keke:

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

El Jackalope posted:

I know there isn't supposed to be discussion here, but you might want to get some cord covers for some of these, especially the apple power cord there. Thin and tempting for kittens, and easily snapped in half by chewing. Dangerous and expensive!

Yep I tied all of them together so that he couldn't do any damage.

Here's a few more photos:

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

raven4267
May 7, 2009
This is my best bud Duke. He is a 9 month old Doberman Pinscher that was about 75lbs. the last time he saw the vet.

Relaxing:

Click here for the full 800x716 image.

Sitting:

Click here for the full 800x868 image.

Just airing out:

Barking at me for taking photos:

Click here for the full 800x777 image.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Bailey and Yorick, who are almost 1 and a half years. A few kitten pictures for your enjoyment..

We think he has to have Ragdoll in him. He's 15lb and still growing! Here he is having gotten into my husband's boxers somehow. I have no idea how he did it but at least I got a photo..

Bailey..

Since we found the kitten they don't cuddle like this anymore.. =( They were always so close but now not anymore..

And the newest addition, Prospero. I found this little bastard in my back yard a few weeks ago. 8 weeks old and probably abandoned. He was an ugly little thing at 8 weeks, lol..

The day we found him..

Today at 10 weeks! He is blossoming into a VERY handsome young man! Getting very angular..

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Holy cow, Candy? I had no idea you were a goon! (I'm eph from DA) Your kitties are looking great!

And to contribute:

The day we brought Koji home (about two months ago):

How much he finally likes the bed I made for him:

Smile!

ViolVene
Jun 18, 2009
Cookie at the pet expo!

ViolVene fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieX
Nov 23, 2002
like a storm... before you were born... nude love
Here is Boomer my chocolate lab.

edit: Aaaah I'm sorry I didn't realize the picture was so big please don't ban me. Is there a way to make it smaller once I've posted? I've been away for a few years and forgot the picture rules.

CharlieX fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 29, 2009

• Locked thread