Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

alg posted:

I really, really liked this arc. Looked stellar on my new TV. I was kind of hoping for an Ahsoka death at the end though ;)

All credit to the show for making it seem like something that could actually happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

Dave Syndrome posted:

- The highlight though: Slave One back in action! :tviv:

Couldn't that also be another ship of the same class as "Slave One"?

alg posted:

I really, really liked this arc. Looked stellar on my new TV. I was kind of hoping for an Ahsoka death at the end though ;)

I think this TV series is in the "middle" of the other Clone Wars animated series (the "Samurai Jack" version). The last minute of the last episode of that series is the first minute of Episode III, so, I'm guessing Ahsoka dies right before this series goes into the "Samurai Jack" version...

Edit: "...goes BACK into..."

RunAndGun fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 25, 2012

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

RunAndGun posted:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/201007_secretcode/tools/downloads/video3/index.html

Much as I like Dave Filoni, in his presentations he sometimes is the epitome of :smug:.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

RunAndGun posted:

I think you're forgetting that this is a Star Wars product and so everything is a reference to something from the movies, in a large-scale effort to make the universe seem as small and uninteresting as possible.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I mean guys that was a decent arc and everything but I'm just hoping we can move on from Star Wars: Rugrats Edition next week, you know?

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

Locutus of Bald posted:

I mean guys that was a decent arc and everything but I'm just hoping we can move on from Star Wars: Rugrats Edition next week, you know?

This series does tend to hop around from "Artoo's and C's droid adventures" to "Troopers fight to the death on the planet Neon", doesn't it?

Dave Syndrome posted:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/201007_secretcode/tools/downloads/video3/index.html

Much as I like Dave Filoni, in his presentations he sometimes is the epitome of :smug:.

Welp, that's what I get for not watching the extras.

Also, I do hope that some of the more recent posters are right, in that Hondo has drastic personality changes, instead of becoming more 2D like I originally thought...

And... why was Grevious laughing when Hondo and the kids left the planet? Didn't he loose that encounter? (He did get the planet/system, though.)

GodlessCommie
Apr 4, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, so is the David Tennet droid 1000 years old or 1000 generations old? In the first episode I clearly remember him saying something about teaching lightsaber construction for 1000 years and then this past episode he says something about him doing this for 1000 generations. And please tell me we're done with the loving kids. I almost changed the channel when I saw them again.

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
I caught that too - I'm pretty sure he said both. He's 1000 generations old, but has served on that ship for 1000 years. Which is probably a direct reference to Obi-Wan's comments in the films that the Republic's existed for 1000 years, and also 1000 generations (good one Lucas).

That error got explained away in the comics using the Ruusan Reformation: Yes, the concept of a Republic is 1000 generations old, and there's been a central government on Coruscant for that amount of time. But 1000 years ago, there was a huge government reform into what we see today, which many people consider the birth of the 'current' republic.

What the droid says can tie in with this - it's an Old Republic droid, and has stylings taken from the recent game set during that time period:
But around the time of the Reformation it got reassigned to that ship. This is nicely backed up by the fact that, as people have already pointed out, the ship carries the Old Republic logo, rather than the current Republic logo.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Hakkesshu posted:

I think you're forgetting that this is a Star Wars product and so everything is a reference to something from the movies Expanded Universe, in a large-scale effort to make the universe seem as small and uninteresting as possible.

I just knew I had seen that ship on the right from somewhere before.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

RunAndGun posted:

I'm guessing Ahsoka dies right before this series goes into the "Samurai Jack" version...

Edit: "...goes BACK into..."

I don't know, a spin-off series based on an older Ahsoka making it out alive with a couple younglings and then dodging her former master once he's into genocidal dark-helmet mode could, maybe, possibly be good.

Have her holding a grudge against Kenobi/Yoda for not finishing the job on Vader/Palpatine. Momma-bearing the poo poo outta the kids. Plus the "gently caress yeah!" moment of her doing one of her jump moves off Vader's back while taunting him with "Come on SkyGuy! You used to be faster than this!".

Disney would eat that poo poo up.

Edit: Although it's more likely they'll end up turning her into a princess.

SentSix fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 28, 2012

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

That almost felt like a throwback to some of the very early episodes, like The Blue Shadow Virus.

Admittedly, I liked the young Jedi arc, so I can stand lighter fare in my grimdark Clone Wars, but I could have stomached this episode a lot better if we'd had some darker episodes between the younglings arc and this.

The wise-cracking clumsy pit droid was annoying, but I sort of get why he was there - you need to have at least one talking droid character for the younger kids to identify with and to make them understand the story better. What really pissed me off was the lazy design of the colonel: Star Wars created so many cool looking creatures, and here we get the generic bug-eyed green alien.

I can only hope this was a one-off, and not the start of another four-parter.

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 1, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Why did they change R2-KT to QT-KT :smith:

edit: VVV bleh

alg fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 1, 2012

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

alg posted:

Why did they change R2-KT to QT-KT :smith:

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Preview_TCW_Secret_Weapons_149089.asp posted:

* QT-KT is inspired by R2-KT, a pink astromech droid created by Star Wars fans in tribute to Katie Johnson, daughter of Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion. The droid, who is now dedicated to the memory of the late Katie, makes appearances at children’s hospitals. Though R2-KT previously appeared in The Clone Wars movie, Qutee is a separate droid to avoid having two droids named “Artoo” on the same mission.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
This was one of the worst episodes in a long time.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011

Super Dude posted:

This was one of the worst episodes in a long time.

Yep, true.

Although I did notice they changed the color of the show title to blue for some reason. The last time I remember them doing that was when they changed it to red for the Darth Maul arc...

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
This episode was embarrassingly lovely and is among the worst 30 minutes of any Star Wars production I've ever seen, including the Holiday Special, Attack of the Clones and yes, even every single episode of both Star Wars: Ewoks and Star Wars: Droids animated series' from the 80's.

Also, The Force Unleashed 2.

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007
I can kill you with my mind
Goddamn it, I don't want another loving droid episode. I liked the last one fine as a one-off, and the Youngling arc was saved by Hondo, but I am kind of tired of this kiddie stuff. I want the goddamn Anakin-Force-chokes-Rush-Clovis arc already. I love this show, but I'm getting bored. I guess it's par for the course - this happened last season too, and the third season. It starts off decently enough, gets boring, and ends so incredibly it makes me forget how dull the middle of the season was. Sigh. Just a couple more episodes, I keep telling myself, and I'll get to see more pre-Vader.

Also, I am disappointed that "A Sunny Day in the Void" does not seem to be a musical episode, despite kind of pretty much having the perfect title for a musical episode.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

www.theforce.net posted:

The Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni described this Saturday's episode, "A Sunny Day in the Void" (S5 Ep. 11), as "really abstract" and "really experimental stuff." Get ready for a truly bizarre second part of the series' droid arc!

Oh, goody.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

At least the next episode will be Commando Gregor

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
They should have just made last week a 1 hour episode to finish this horrible arc in one sitting.

edit: Oh gently caress, is there going to be another episode in this arc?! Why can't these droids just get home? :(

Super Dude fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 8, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Y'know, for a show called "Clone Wars", there is a stunning lack of clones and/or wars during this season.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
That wasn't really a terrible episode per se, just very very boring and inconsequential: Gascon initially hates droids, and at the end he has some new-found respect for (one of) them. Didn't we cover that territory last episode?

All in all, I expected much worse stuff going by Filoni's "abstract and experimental" quote. Instead, it looked like this was the "skimping on the animation budget so we can pull off spectacular space battles in other episodes" episode of the season.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gonz posted:

Y'know, for a show called "Clone Wars", there is a stunning lack of clones and/or wars during this season.

My thoughts exactly.

The comet scene looked pretty, but other than that, I just want these droids to hurry up and die/return. The only interesting character is R2 and he seems to just not give a poo poo what the Colonel is saying most of the time. Hell, if they got rid of the pit droid and the colonel, and maybe had subtitles for the rest of the droids, it would improve the epsidoe. If only for the fact we would finally be able to see how they interact with one another instead of the "Lassie" syndrome.

Why can't we have an adult Clone Wars show, god dammit.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

Why can't we have an adult Clone Wars show, god dammit.

C3PO: "R2, we have to save Ahsoka from getting raped and murdered by Darth Fuckgore, or else he'll give her Space AIDS! AND I'M GAY!"

(I know that's not what you meant, but my mind goes into 90's extreme comics mode whenever I see the word "adult" affixed to something meant for kids.)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

ruddiger posted:

C3PO: "R2, we have to save Ahsoka from getting raped and murdered by Darth Fuckgore, or else he'll give her Space AIDS! AND I'M GAY!"

(I know that's not what you meant, but my mind goes into 90's extreme comics mode whenever I see the word "adult" affixed to something meant for kids.)

Yeah, I see your point, and this show is pretty adult. Just wish we had Dark Lord Psycopath that murders people and wears their skin as a trophy. Now THAT is a Dark Lord that could force Anakin or another Jedi to inch towards the Dark Side to stop them. Lesser of two evils and all.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011
The bits where little guy (no, he's not worth knowing his name) goes insane for a little bit, and the bit where the droid sees R2 burning rubber during the wing scene, then decides that's a good idea and does the same were mildly amusing, otherwise...

Can't wait for this arc to finish. But considering, this arc will end around the holidays, then we'll probably get re-runs through the holiday season... hopefully we'll get a real episode in January sometime...

high six
Feb 6, 2010
This arc is really boring and not even funny. Did people enjoy the droid episodes in the other seasons enough to justify having another? This episode was just them walking across white, no action, no talking, no character development, nothing.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I agree the droid stuff is drat boring and simply not good. Really enjoyed the Ahsoka & Initiates adventures however, it was a whole lot better than it had any right after reading the description of it.

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011
I still wanna know why this arc is so special it has its own title color (blue). Like I said before, the only other arc that had its own color was the Maul arc (red).

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
I finally caught up with the last two episodes, and I don't quite know what to think. If it wouldn't get me probation, I'd post an image macro of "dafuq did I just watch".

So instead, how about :psyduck:

I can definitely see how the younger audience would love it, because the antics were pretty hardcore cartoony. It's not wrong for the show to edge that way sometimes, but since this arc comes right after the Jedi kids, it's a bit much for the rest of us who do want wars in our Star Wars.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
OK, so there was one awesome thing in the last episode: Apparently they snuck in a reference to Jaxxon, the green rabbit.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Was_Jaxxon_In_The_Latest_TCW_Episode_149269.asp

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Sith Happens posted:

I finally caught up with the last two episodes, and I don't quite know what to think. If it wouldn't get me probation, I'd post an image macro of "dafuq did I just watch".

So instead, how about :psyduck:

I can definitely see how the younger audience would love it, because the antics were pretty hardcore cartoony. It's not wrong for the show to edge that way sometimes, but since this arc comes right after the Jedi kids, it's a bit much for the rest of us who do want wars in our Star Wars.

Well the jedi kids were ok (this kid was the best: http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/characters/zatt), and the one with the droids was fine, but it's not done yet? I thought it was a one off.

Need more Anakin.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Preview for this Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1S2TdtRHY

more short alien dude. :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Video to celebrate 100 episodes of Clone Wars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCBiS6LYA4o

RunAndGun
Apr 30, 2011
...AAANNDD...

It looks like this arc is over. (I hope).

I still wanna know about the blue. :colbert:

It'll probably bug me for a good long while, I can feel it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bonus Republic Commando HUD.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Thank loving god those episodes are over.

What episode was 3:50 in the 100th episode trailer from?

Super Dude fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 6, 2013

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The really only way this arc could be salvaged is if Gregor comes back. His armor looked badass, and I really want to know what he killed that he felt it was neccessy to count.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Is Gregor one of the 4 Commandos from the SW: Republic Commandos game ? I thought he went from dishwasher that can't fight for himself to ultimate badass a bit too fast. I hope we see him again, we probably will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Super Dude posted:

Thank loving god those episodes are over.

What episode was 3:50 in the 100th episode trailer from?

Not sure, they had new footage in there so it could just be new stuff.

• Locked thread