Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01
Well, log-in is back up. Who knows how long the server will stay up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
They already said that they are having issues with their provider and are working on a solution. We will just have to be patient I think.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
So far my experience on the server has been pretty good. I'm only a level 13 Warlock but I haven't run into any significant problems, or really any problems that I can think of other than the spottiness of the server/login server being up.

So don't let that get you down on the server.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
The Feenix team has revealed their provider was having some software trouble on a central router or something.

Official announcement:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/37041-information-connectivity-issue/page__view__findpost__p__285655

I've found that I can log in and connect fine, but get stuck loading character lists. I just had to be patient and ended up waiting two or three minutes until my character loaded. Another few minutes for a slow initial load into the world. However, now that I'm in I am having no problems.

In the end, just be patient!

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
The Vanilla Guide for Horde was updated to include its Alliance counterpart, from Mr Kopp.

Grab 1.99b.

http://code.google.com/p/vanillaguide/downloads/list

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
The bank site is sort of working now! The banker's inventories haven't been organized / given bags, but I'll get them organized better sometime soon.

<lets get weird> Bank

I've been thinking about putting together an addon/batch file/website conglomeration that would let people view the bank inventory in-game. Not really sure if that would be useful though.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

mewse posted:

I wrote a python script that can decode wowhead talent build links from the old vanilla threads and turn them into wowprovider URLs

http://pastebin.com/LsXTxgbb

So I decided to give this a shot, except I have no idea how to use it. I opened the text file in Python and and clicked on run module. Then I got a syntax error. I am guessing I did something wrong or have the wrong version. I used version 3.3.0 I believe.

It has been years since I even thought of Python, and I don't remember anything about it. Any help would be appreciated.

mewse
May 2, 2006

It takes the encoded blob of data from the old wowhead link as a command line parameter. You'll have to figure out how to do that with whatever environment that is. If it's running at all it should output "usage: blah"

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Gripen5 posted:

So I decided to give this a shot, except I have no idea how to use it. I opened the text file in Python and and clicked on run module. Then I got a syntax error. I am guessing I did something wrong or have the wrong version. I used version 3.3.0 I believe.

It has been years since I even thought of Python, and I don't remember anything about it. Any help would be appreciated.

You run it from the command line. Just think of the .py file as an executable in terms of how you interact with it. Also, in my case at least, running the script using 3.3 threw a syntax error, but 2.7.0 runs it fine.

Here is an example of the usage:

Also note there that the 'blob' that mewse is referring to is the part that comes after the '?talent=' parameter list in a wowhead URL. So like:
code:
wowhead-URL/?talent=BLOB-RIGHT-HERE

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

FutuerBear posted:

Python Stuff

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense. Finally got it to work. I was trying to use the GUI interface for python and not seeming to understand how to enter the proper information in the proper way, but I got it now.

Changing versions was also helpful.

mewse
May 2, 2006

since you guys are actually using it, i'll turn it into a webpage, i just have to figure out python CGI so no time estimates

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

FutuerBear posted:

The bank site is sort of working now! The banker's inventories haven't been organized / given bags, but I'll get them organized better sometime soon.

<lets get weird> Bank

I've been thinking about putting together an addon/batch file/website conglomeration that would let people view the bank inventory in-game. Not really sure if that would be useful though.
Nice work.

Can we, uh, clear out the stuff like "Enter the emerald dream", "hearthstone" and random other things?

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Made a gnome warlock named Dunsberg. Looking for an invite if possible.

Invite received, thanks.

Bamford Brownstone fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 17, 2013

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Alavaria posted:

Nice work.

Can we, uh, clear out the stuff like "Enter the emerald dream", "hearthstone" and random other things?

Sure, of course. No one has really setup the bankers yet, but naturally that stuff will be deleted for space/clarity.

mewse posted:

since you guys are actually using it, i'll turn it into a webpage, i just have to figure out python CGI so no time estimates

I was already thinking of putting your algorithm on the guild site while I'm bored at work tomorrow. So, as long as you don't mind, I may beat you to it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Threw a link to the bank page in the FAQ

mewse
May 2, 2006

http://www.doomers.org/vanilla_talents/

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Amazing

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

You are the best Mewse.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Also if anyone is goofy enough to want it, I changed (hacked) up the good 'ole Rebirth status checker program for Emerald Dream.

All original credit of course to Mr. AotC.

Emerald Dream Status Checker

edit:
Made a few fixes to filenames, etc. Here is the source so that I'm don't run afoul of the GPL (Goon Public License). Sadly feenix doesn't accept pings and doesn't show a live player count. So really the only changes I made were removing that functionality and pointing the application at the Emerald Dream server.
Emerald Dream Status Checker Source

FutuerBear fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 17, 2013

mewse
May 2, 2006

thanks guys :shobon:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Did anybody get a message like "an exploit has been detected you are being logged out"

edit: False alarm, it seems it was only me

lapse fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 18, 2013

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
Maxdecay here, for those who remember me from the private TBC server not to long ago.

After much hard work, I managed to transfer over the Gag mod files over into the vanilla version: the terribly named LeeroyHillCatsPower.

For those who don't this mod allows you to type in chat commands and it will make a message, emote and play a sound clip. The cool thing about this is that anyone else who has this mod will also hear the sound clip and perform the emote. So, for example, typing in /win will make you cheer and play the final fantasy music, or /party1 will play part of "Party Hard" while dancing.

To be fair though, most people will use it to annoy each other with linkin park and silly anime music.

You can get it here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/738esptmrdfz/n/LHCP_exe

Yes, it is huge.

All you have to do is run the .exe and point it at your Addon folder. This thing is pretty much cobbled together so some clips might not work. It does feature a quiet mode that turns it off, and seems to have some kind of raid functionality that I have yet to mess with so you can set it automatically to off in raids. "/lhcp list" will print out all the commands that it recognizes, but until I find a way to fix it it has more characters than allowed to be in a chat window at one time so there is alot of names cut off.

Finally, if you do decide to download this (and you should, its alot of fun in groups) try to have a little restraint. As much fun as it is to spam nyan cat 1000 times on your party it doesn't do much for other peoples enjoyment, and I want as many people as possible to have this mod on. So take it easy.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
This is the greatest addon of all time, and everyone should install it immediately

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

This is the greatest addon of all time, and everyone should install it immediately

I endorse this.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We just hit 100 unique accounts, woo! Granted some of them are dual boxers but hey, that's still a lot of people.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
This is so tempting, nothing will beat my experience of running through ZG when it was released and dying over and over. Are there any goons in Aussie time zone?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

4th Horseman posted:

This is so tempting, nothing will beat my experience of running through ZG when it was released and dying over and over. Are there any goons in Aussie time zone?

At the moment theres people in guild online at all times of the day. Same goes for the server as a whole. The best part of the server is the sheer population.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I signed up the other day and have hoped on. The nostalgia is awesome.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
I'll hopefully be hosting an SM run tomorrow. Lib and Arm if we can.

About 1:00 PM PST. If you're 33+ be there!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We need some neat images/videos for our media section. If anyone is feeling creative or have some screenshots that really evoke that ~nostalgia~ feel post them and I'll stick em in the OP if they're worthy.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Here is a screenshot I took of Tanners displaying his indefatigable never-say-die attitude to leadership.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
Needs more bananas

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

hit button posted:

Here is a screenshot I took of Tanners displaying his indefatigable never-say-die attitude to leadership.

this makes me miss being a troll so much more. rip

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

Yup, this definitely vanilla Wow.

mewse
May 2, 2006

That loving rolf quest...

e: somewhat relatedly the deeprun tram rat quest isn't completely broken. you only have to "charm" one rat then use your flute on it 5 times to complete the quest.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

mewse posted:

That loving rolf quest...

e: somewhat relatedly the deeprun tram rat quest isn't completely broken. you only have to "charm" one rat then use your flute on it 5 times to complete the quest.

If you complete this quest you're doing it wrong.

Also:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 19, 2013

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

Mad Pills posted:

Yup, this definitely vanilla Wow.

This loving quest made me hate murlocs forever. Well until WOTLK fixed that.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I just had an issue with the auction house. I put up an item, and later I got the "your auction of ____ has sold" notice, and an email icon. When I got to a mailbox, though, the letter didn't have any gold attached. I put in a ticket for the problem.

Anyone else have a similar issue with the AH? How good are the mods in responding to tickets?

Also as someone who played on Rebirth for a while, holy poo poo it's nice seeing people running around in the world. Being the only person in any given zone always kinda weirded me out.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

TipTow posted:

I just had an issue with the auction house. I put up an item, and later I got the "your auction of ____ has sold" notice, and an email icon. When I got to a mailbox, though, the letter didn't have any gold attached. I put in a ticket for the problem.

Anyone else have a similar issue with the AH? How good are the mods in responding to tickets?

Also as someone who played on Rebirth for a while, holy poo poo it's nice seeing people running around in the world. Being the only person in any given zone always kinda weirded me out.

Wait awhile. It'll come eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Yeah you'll get blank "your item has sold to x for y" emails and then you still have to wait an hour to get your cash money.

• Locked thread