Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Anyone let down by the 360 version of Double Agent owes it to themselves to hunt down a copy of the Xbox version. The disc is compatible with the 360.

Xbox Double Agent uses the same engine as Chaos Theory (although I couldn't give an exact list of what changed). The gameplay is the same stealth bad-assery that we've come to love from the series, with no silly additions.

Also, if you liked the co-op mode in Chaos Theory, Xbox Double Agent has an entire full-length co-op campaign, with split-screen support. It's great fun, although I remember my friend and I got stuck near the end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

I think I am enjoying these Sam Fisher butt shots with the level in projected text shots too much

Here's about 8 minutes of some new level in Louisiana during GameTrailers' E3 live show: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/atuxh4/splinter-cell--blacklist-e3-2013--splinter-cell-in-action--stream-

I apologize in advance for forcing the GT player on you guys.

There should be a 20 minute or so showing on stage tomorrow afternoon I noticed on Gamespot.

Dvlos posted:

I don't think they needed to make a PT SvM transplant, the PT game was excellent in theory but it could be broken, and it was. I did not like how everyone just wanted to go "aggro spy" and go willy nilly on the mercs and ignore objectives. This was countered with the super agile spies in DA eventually but it was too merc friendly.

I see the changes they have made as PT 2.0 which is what I hoped for. Classic mode, mercs with unlimited lives, and a surefire objective for spies. Like Megaman said, just running around trying to harass mercs seems like a huge waste of time. Doing so for a purpose (to extend your hack) and cat and mouse to hit objectives was the point of PT.
Never played SvM but from what has been described of it, that definitely sounds like it could go bad. People on the official forums still crying about the lack of simultaneous hacking or unlimited lives on both ends. Is the man who created SvM not provide enough confidence for some people? I'm definitely down for SvM though. I really got into it late and just walked in to be quickly annihilated.

Hel posted:

Looks to be another game with americans against middle-eastern terrorist, it's Tom Clancy(not really) so I shouldn't be surprised.None of the earlier SC games did that, they were actually good about what the enemy was, CT had the Japanese, DA American terrorists, PT south Americans(IIRC) and Conviction even had you fight American agents.
Speaking of Conviction are they actually gonna do anything with the Megiddo plot thread or did they drop that?

I know that sympathetic antagonists are good but it seems like I'm gonna have to play Blacklists like Call of Duty, as the villain.
:goonsay:: Well there are twelve rogue nations but I'm sure not all of them are Middle-Eastern (although they cast Carlo Rota as one of the villains so yeah). Looks like there is equal amounts of globe hopping this time but also some :911: moments they are showing at E3 for once.

They might do an eleventh hour Meggido reveal. Maybe SC7 will deal with them if not here. Or they drop it entirely and just churn out "just another day at the office" Splinter Cell games if it comes out okay and stop trying to be all edgy narrative wise.

Sober fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 11, 2013

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Sober posted:

Never played SvM but from what has been described of it, that definitely sounds like it could go bad. People on the official forums still crying about the lack of simultaneous hacking or unlimited lives on both ends. Is the man who created SvM not provide enough confidence for some people? I'm definitely down for SvM though. I really got into it late and just walked in to be quickly annihilated.

People on the official forums didn't understand PT/CT/DA changes either, I could be wrong on this but this SvM from what little there is to see, appears to be a lot like PT SvM- but the unlimited merc lives, and respawn timers counters the uber-demigod ninjas of SvM old style which killed the multiplayer experience in the long run.

You can kill mercs sure in this one (so as to not take the fun away from being a spy) but you will lose the game if that's all you do (keeping the fun for the lions- the mercs). Mercs this time around are getting the humiliation moves, like the neck break and face pummel. While the spies have all the fluidity in the world.

When you turned a corner and saw a merc in PT/CT you most likely crapped your pants. As you were dead unless you were tracking the merc. Conversely, you could spend half the match tracking fake noise signals and the spies avoiding all your movements because they had you fooled with spy bullets and noise makers (my favorite job). If that's what THIS SvM is, a game of being elusive and fooling mercs, and a game of hunting and winning by force for the mercs, then this will be the second coming of PT SvM.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Why are people talking about PT SvM? There was a CT version that was slightly better since Spies would easily get wrecked if they didn't outsmart the merc team.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I disagree about Chaos Theory's Spies Vs. Mercs mode. I loved the 360 degree spin move they gave the Mercs but it was not enough and they still were mostly chumps. Different strokes I suppose.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Anyone want to try Pandora Tomorrow multiplayer on the 360 via Xlink Kai or something? It looks like it has System Link support. Chaos Theory just gives me an error when I try to start versus.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I disagree about Chaos Theory's Spies Vs. Mercs mode. I loved the 360 degree spin move they gave the Mercs but it was not enough and they still were mostly chumps. Different strokes I suppose.

Depending on the map, if a Spy is seen, it can either mean a loss of a lot of health or instant death. Running around spamming smoke grenades is going to get you killed.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

thegloaming posted:

Also, if you liked the co-op mode in Chaos Theory, Xbox Double Agent has an entire full-length co-op campaign, with split-screen support. It's great fun, although I remember my friend and I got stuck near the end...

I don't know if this is spoilers or not so I'll spoiler it just in case:

I was never able to get anybody to play the co-op modes of anything prior to Conviction. But I got a friend to do Conviction's co-op with me and it was a blast. Especially at the end when your final objective is to kill the your partner and it ends up with a 1v1 deathmatch in a cargo plane. That was a fantastic touch. Also, I won and it felt good man.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I'm all normally excited for the single player portion of Blacklist but can they please show something else? Like co-op? Or SvM? Hopefully they won't ball it up on stage later today and show single player again and again since everyone is still hung up a year after knowing Michael Ironside is gone.

Here's London, AGAIN, but this time with different routes taken, so at least it means we aren't getting Tom Clancy's Corridor Stealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RddsJ1pt9Vk

Also, you can non-lethal KO people from ledges, he just knocks heads against the ledge and leaves them there.

I will be surprised if this game sells half decently at this point, it feels like there is no chatter about this game at all.

There was also a twitter Q&A yesterday, but mostly stuff they pretty much just confirmed:
  • You can solo most of the co-op maps, they are replayable if you need splinter cell funny money
  • Maps are laid out so you can get exploration bonuses (probably convert into funny money as well)
  • The difficulty determines how much funny money you get at the end (probably just a simple multiplier)
  • To directly quote this tweet: "All of our maps follow what we call 'blackbox' design - which is basically, open areas w/ 2D navigation, 3D navigation, shadow paths, vents"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

If you have an iOS device, they actually released a companion app to Blacklist a few days ago. Like a stealth game, it slipped under most peoples' radars

Free on iOS, presumably coming to android as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/splinter-cell-blacklist-spider/id648356859?mt=8

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Splinter Cell doesn't usually get a ton of chatter, but by August if SvM is good this thread will probably be a swollen sac of goon stories.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dvlos posted:

Splinter Cell doesn't usually get a ton of chatter, but by August if SvM is good this thread will probably be a swollen sac of goon stories.
Oh I have no worries though I'm a bit disappointed the series doesn't get more chatter in comparison to something like SR4 which comes out the same day and that thread is pretty active. Then again the MP mode is nigh dead and it isn't really that much of any game that offers much in terms of discussion I guess.

More hilarious is community dev Zack Cooper is :laffo: asking people on the official forums what they want to see during the next two months. I really am starting to believe he doesn't know how to keep the pressure on.

What would I like to see? Some effort that they are marketing the game. Why are they trying so hard when they've pretty much won over their critics on the official forums? I guess they know they've lost to the "no ironside = no buy" crowd who won't touch this with a 20 yard stick and a 75% off steam sale. So who's left because from what most of the internet is telling me that's the big stickler for everyone claiming to be loyal to the series, as in "I played Chaos Theory maybe once" even a year after the fact.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sober posted:

I guess they know they've lost to the "no ironside = no buy" crowd who won't touch this with a 20 yard stick and a 75% off steam sale.

As much as I love ironside's voice I can't imagine not buying a game because the voice actor of the main character changed (and of his own volition too iirc).

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Snake is now Keifer, and people are excited.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

As much as I love ironside's voice I can't imagine not buying a game because the voice actor of the main character changed (and of his own volition too iirc).
There have been a few articles floating around lately but the gist is:

1) Eric Johnson (the new guy) has worked with MI before
2) MI has pretty much trained Johnson on how to play Fisher, so while it won't be Ironside's voice, it'll have his demeanor and tone, etc. I assume he still had/has input on where the character of Sam Fisher is going, i.e. consults for them rather than doing VO work since Sam Fisher is pretty much his baby (who had no personality of any sort before MI took the reins on Sam Fisher since game 1)
3) Johnson pretty much has come out saying he's going to do just that and not try to put his own spin on it because of the history of Sam Fisher.
4) From what they are shooting for the cutscenes where Sam Fisher has to do tacticool things, it seems like a bunch of work. They had a stunt director (who could probably effortlessly kill everyone with the training he has) teaching Johnson how to do them and he's pretty much been practicing all the time when off or between takes that he makes it seem natural.

also when people got flown into Toronto to play the game they had realized at the end of the day they didn't notice Michael Ironside's voice had been absent.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dvlos posted:

:eng101: Keifer is Big Boss. Hayter may or may not be Snake.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Dvlos posted:

I get that voice actors have an impact on the game, just that losing an iconic voice actor won't stop me from purashing what looks to be a pretty good game.

Also I couldn't tell if this is was a subtle rebuttal or not and my post right here is probably :goonsay:

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
It does look much better than Conviction, that game felt like a chore to play to me, especially the last two or three missions. Don't ask me why, though, maybe it's just me getting old.

I just wish they'd do away with all this UPlay crap: getting achievement points in the game to spend on items (in addition to the item upgrade system in the game proper) in a launcher that doesn't seem to fit any purpose aside from just being a few extra clicks between Steam and your game. But if that's currently my biggest gripe about the game, I'd say it's in good shape.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

Also I couldn't tell if this is was a subtle rebuttal or not and my post right here is probably :goonsay:

Just saying that sometimes a voice change isn't the end of the world (agreeing with you in a way) sure I'll miss Ironside, but it also shouldn't hinder a good game if the story is well written. CT was my personal favorite for single player experience, if they could achieve that with Blacklist- I would be happy, and if SvM is the right refinement that's all that really matters.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dvlos posted:

Just saying that sometimes a voice change isn't the end of the world (agreeing with you in a way) sure I'll miss Ironside, but it also shouldn't hinder a good game if the story is well written. CT was my personal favorite for single player experience, if they could achieve that with Blacklist- I would be happy, and if SvM is the right refinement that's all that really matters.
Yeah the parts I enjoyed most about CT was the playful dialogue and the pretty low-key ending (in most cases most SC games never ended with any fanfare). I don't know how much they can squeeze in but if not here hopefully they can get back to the tone they had in CT, which was nice because even if it was :supaburn: OMG WORLD COLLAPSE CATASTROPHE :supaburn: as the plot everyone was still cracking poo poo during ops like making fun of Fisher being old or making dumb references or Fisher forgetting to do the laundry before he left.

Unfortunately I dunno how light they can make the tone when it's all :911: for this game and Sam Fisher starts out hating most of the people on his team and having to be in charge and poo poo.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Sober posted:

Yeah the parts I enjoyed most about CT was the playful dialogue and the pretty low-key ending (in most cases most SC games never ended with any fanfare). I don't know how much they can squeeze in but if not here hopefully they can get back to the tone they had in CT, which was nice because even if it was :supaburn: OMG WORLD COLLAPSE CATASTROPHE :supaburn: as the plot everyone was still cracking poo poo during ops like making fun of Fisher being old or making dumb references or Fisher forgetting to do the laundry before he left.

Unfortunately I dunno how light they can make the tone when it's all :911: for this game and Sam Fisher starts out hating most of the people on his team and having to be in charge and poo poo.

My favorite is in the Japanese bathhouse level with

Guard: "Wow, a real ninja"
Sam: "Listen you, I'm gunna cut your throat"
Guard: "No, use a blow gun instead"
Sam: :stare:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

:laffo: here is a video of someone not realizing you can't be detected or touch enemies during a certain level in Blacklist. It is glorious how many times he just goes sisyphus at that sequence.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjZTH-06i4

I think these guys may have nailed it right this time, with Conviction they were going after the action/assault crowd with minimal stealth involved. But by allowing for essentially 3 modes of play, there's finally a SC that will fit different philosophies out there, without killing the mission because you killed someone. I'm actually getting pretty excited for the single player.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Here's Spies vs. Mercs: Classic Mode Promo Video from Ubi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UMOm-0zhg

I wish they would just show a full-length match rather than this diced up poo poo. I can't get a feel for the game at all.

Edit: Also apparently someone at Ubi decided to splice in a clip of my worst fear, Shocking Neck Snapper Party. Zap the Merc and then knife him. Ugh.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 27, 2013

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

In a hilarious turn of events someone finally updated the official website for the game.

The US English version of the site is broken, and the UK English version of the site is still the super old one.

Bullitt006
Dec 10, 2012

Dvlos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjZTH-06i4

I think these guys may have nailed it right this time

Yeah it sounds like they have mixed chaos theory with conviction. The knife is back so I am happy!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Just updated the OP with a giant info dump from what has been revealed about the game for the most part (every goddamn scrap counts) and compiled a good number of videos for your viewing pleasures.

I actually spoke briefly with their community manager dude over the internets, told him specifically (probably as most people did) there needs to be some contiguous MP footage to really sell people. I think he agreed but it might've just been boilerplate. Either way I wouldn't expect anything too soon (as in before August). Probably a clip for Blacklist SvM and then poof, relative silence until launch.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

This interesting article popped up: Sneaky Bastards Hands-on

Some interesting excerpts:

Real stealth AI for once?:

quote:

An unconscious body left hidden in the shadows by Fisher won’t be found by a guard unless he’s progressed to a search phase, or has his flashlight turned on.

And what’s going to push the AI into search mode? A whole range of factors that players must stay apprised of. If an enemy is in a radio conversation with another AI, knocking out that enemy mid-sentence will cause the AI on the other end of the radio to become suspicious. Furthermore, enemies will start to notice if their colleagues are disappearing one-by-one. Breaking multiple lights, especially within the AI’s vision, can also be a cause for alarm.

Movement speeds and sound:

quote:

Sound is also a key factor. Fisher essentially has six movement speeds: two when crouched, two when standing, and then a free-running-like Active Sprint mode for both crouched and standing. According to Redding, any movement is going to generate a small noise event. The severity of that event will change depending upon the selected difficulty level. In realistic or perfectionist mode, anything above the crouched, slow walk will create noise. As Fisher increases speed, the radius of detection widens. Of course, if he sprints, enemies will hear him no matter what.

According to Redding, different materials will make different noises, and ambient sound is a very minor factor, but Blacklist isn’t requiring players to keep an eye on a sound meter at all times.

On going non-lethal:

quote:

It’s what we’re told next that is the most exciting news to us: it’s possible to complete the entire singleplayer game as Fisher without killing anybody. Blacklist does introduce a small number of situations in which players will have no choice but to deal with enemy AI, but the developers aggressively avoid creating forced detection systems. According to Redding, 99% of the game can be played without touching anybody.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Sober posted:

This interesting article popped up: Sneaky Bastards Hands-on

Some interesting excerpts:

Real stealth AI for once?:

Movement speeds and sound:

On going non-lethal:

Sounds like the lovechild between Conviction and Chaos Theory, which honestly doesn't sound too bad. Promising stuff, here's hoping it doesn't suck :ohdear:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Sounds like the lovechild between Conviction and Chaos Theory, which honestly sounds amazing. Promising stuff, here's hoping it doesn't suck :ohdear:

I just finished the co-op mode for Conviction with a friend and we're halfway through the Chaos Theory co-op. Just looking at the mechanics of both games this new game appears (crossing my fingers) to be trying to pander to both the crowd that hated Conviction but loved Chaos Theory because of CT's more stealth, less action-oriented gameplay as well as the crowd that liked Conviction's more Jason Bourne-esque approach to stealth/close combat. Combining elements of both and giving the player the freedom to choose which kind of path they take is quite literally the best of both worlds.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

I wasn't excited for Conviction... I'm so excited for Blacklist.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dvlos posted:

I wasn't excited for Conviction... I'm so excited for Blacklist.

OMG, you're not dead or you're an imposter.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Obsurveyor posted:

OMG, you're not dead or you're an imposter.

I'm BOTH!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

I just finished the co-op mode for Conviction with a friend and we're halfway through the Chaos Theory co-op. Just looking at the mechanics of both games this new game appears (crossing my fingers) to be trying to pander to both the crowd that hated Conviction but loved Chaos Theory because of CT's more stealth, less action-oriented gameplay as well as the crowd that liked Conviction's more Jason Bourne-esque approach to stealth/close combat. Combining elements of both and giving the player the freedom to choose which kind of path they take is quite literally the best of both worlds.
After deep-diving into the official forums for almost half the year, I can tell you the important thing really is if they can pull off the philosophy of Chaos Theory. People constantly whining about wanting everything from Chaos Theory mechanics and all. If they wanted that, they'd stop using their build of the LEAD engine and fall back to SCCT/SCDA and go from there. Mechanics are only half the game when every other stealth game has gone to poo poo because it doesn't want to play like a stealth game but a stealth sequence. So personally I am more forgiving if the game is going to be Conviction-paced. My problem with Conviction was never the Bourne-esque insanity, it was that it literally played like a stealth sequence in an action game from beginning to end instead of a stealth game.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Looks like there was a bunch of previews done around the week of July 1st. Looks like the SF offices opened up for a bunch of press previews:

Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/11/4492014/splinter-cell-blacklist-prevew-single-player

Bay Area Arts & Entertainment: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2013/07/11/splinter-cell-blacklist-takes-series-from-bourne-to-mission-impossible/

GameSpot Video: Meet the new Sam Fisher, some new footage and more shown of the customization menu with gadgets and even some cosmetic stuff.

IGN Video: This is Perfectionist Mode, just a sizzle reel of someone occasionally get curbstomped in what looks like playing in Perfectionist Mode.

Here are some five minute clips some people were allowed to record/cut/splice/upload:
-Chicago
-Paraguary - getting huge CT Bank level vibes from this

:siren: SPOILER ALERT :siren:
VG24/7 walkthrough of the level "American Consumption": (10 minutes), big chunks of the mission from beginning to end shown off.
:siren: SPOILER ALERT :siren:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

New trailer that shows that Ubisoft can't resist portraying this series as a gritty, edgy right-wing fever dream a la their very first showing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAyBdn-tew

I really want to get this game for the multi and co-op but holy heck enough with the jingoism, I liked Sam a lot better when he was a low key professional who wasn't spouting off about how much you were going to fear him. Dang.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Canadians: making better American jingoism than Americans.

Real shame they keep marketing the game to be really :911: as gently caress, but what else can you do but that when you "retired" Sam Fisher last game? Kidnap/kill his daughter for real?

In all fairness it sounds like these lines by Eric Johnson were recorded specifically for a trailer. If it's actually in the game I will throw up and then eat it back up.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1y-D-AyVJk

Here is a 20 minute video from SDCC where the lead game director is getting his butt schooled on normal difficulty.

I'm surprised no one on the official forums called it out for being staged, but then again with a month to go, let's see what they are complaining about :

-pre-order Limited editions, sorry those have been finalized
-the NA Collector's Edition isn't the "black edition", which appears to be Australia-only CE with the least stupid looking box art.
-Sam Fisher only wears a balaclava in ONE ENTIRE MISSION. I don't think they remember this also happened in the first game.
-hey there are 3 playstyles right? No, apparently there are a dozen because gently caress LABELS, this is nowhere as bad as Tali sweat but still embarrassing and probably very circle-jerky:

Lammy!
Jul 3, 2004

WHAT TIME IS IT!?
Didn't see it posted anywhere in the thread, but if you're like me, you're primarily interested in SvM classic and want to know exactly what tools you'll be working with on both sides. Found the following, which was based on a developer/community manager interview:

http://mp1st.com/2013/05/07/splinter-cell-blacklist-to-deliver-an-intelligent-experience-with-spies-vs-mercs/

Some notable stuff I enjoyed finding out about :

quote:

Question: In classic mode if you are NOT moving and hiding behind a box, if a merc comes in the room to do a sweep, will their motion pick you up if they get close to you? =p Or can you remain undetected and let them pass by if they dont see you.

Answer: So the one thing we’ve got (that you hopefully picked up in the trailer) is called SHADOW BLEND. In CLASSIC, if a Spy is hiding in the shadow, he will basically become invisible. Obviously, the Merc’s flashlight can counter that… but it definitely adds some tension to both sides! As far as the motion detector… I’m checking my notes, which reveal: “Intermittent pulse detects fast enemy movement” Hope that helps!

If I recall, in PT/CT the mercs had a sound detector rather than motion, so if you landed on the ground hard or moved around at a full run you'd get picked up by the sound reticle. Seems like the motion detector in SvM classic will function essentially the same way. I hope the answer above does in fact indicate that you'll be able to stand still/crouchwalk and not get picked up by the merc's motion detection.

quote:

Question: Could you please tell us about the inventory system and gadgets available in Classic SvM? How many are we allowed to carry? What gadgets are there? Are there spy cams? Chaff/flash/smoke? Heartbeat detector? What vision modes do the Spies have? What about the Mercs? Is the Karambit in Classic mode?

Answer: Ahh… you want to get INTO IT, eh? OK… In CLASSIC… Spies get NVG (Night Vision Goggles) + 2 Gadgets. Mercs get their Flashlight and 2 Gadgets. In BLACKLIST… there are 3 vision modes for each the Spy and the Merc to choose from (they’re different from each other), and there are 5 gadgets that you can choose from (but the number is determined by your armour parts, I believe)

Looks like spies don't get thermal vision in Classic any more, and mercs don't get any vision modes at all. Which is good - I hated using one of my gadgets and getting picked up by mercs using the EMF vision =X

quote:

Question: What gadgets do the spies have to choose from in Classic? A variety, I’m sure, but will it be a cornucopia of grenades? Perhaps a terrific gaggle of tech gadgets?

Answer:

SPIES have:
Flashbang, Sticky Cam, Smoke Grenade, Sentinel (destroys enemy grenades and drones), EMP grenade

MERCS have:
Intel Device (reveals all enemies in range), Proxi Mine, Resupply pack (weapon + gadget ammo), Frag, VX Gas Grenade

I'm glad that spies still get sticky cams in Classic, I just hope you can knock mercs out with gas from them. That was always one of my favorite things to do; plant a sticky cam in advance, get a merc to chase me, then PRRRFFFTTTTTT, SLEEPY TIME! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Mercs had motion detection in Chaos Theory. It was a all red vision mode which would highlight the spy in color if he moved above a certain speed. It was honestly kind of useless.

• Locked thread