Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So how does progression work now, it seems really unclear. I have about 120,000 exp with my Mammoth and no clue what to put poo poo in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Pindakaas posted:

I'm just sitting on these ensign tiki masks so I'm gonna post the keys here.
Free hats for whoever claims them first:

7H9BF-RFKZX-ZWUR3-69EQX-V4P5H
QED4B-XQLQW-3NUEQ-CZSB8-7UWH9
RE75U-W8TXS-YRVFH-NDWFG-BK5LZ
G3M3M-RRSS4-RVFD4-X98LE-RFAB9
C7A9H-7RPXN-FSY6X-5KCM3-3GDYH
R8BJ3-ZDGQB-AGS53-J69RT-47Z46
TKRVL-GGABQ-JGDQX-NXV39-7VFDP
BD7U4-NKDDR-BLRMR-UEYC4-KXV5T
UNJ8R-KRAVD-8ED5B-Q2GGN-SNW5W

http://beta.firefallthegame.com/founders/redeem
Took 7H9BF-RFKZX-ZWUR3-69EQX-V4P5H
Thanks.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Seeing a few adverts around for Firefall now - new advertising campaign for the new patch?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

precedence posted:

didn't the key pop up on your screen in your notification area?

Yea the keys pop up at the bottom of your screen above your skill activation tray.

obsoletendeavor
Dec 25, 2011

Psychopsilocybin runnin', horny mother f***er

Pindakaas posted:

G3M3M-RRSS4-RVFD4-X98LE-RFAB9

I grabbed this one. Thanks much.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Pindakaas posted:

Army terminals are west of the molecular printer in Copacabana:

I dont see a terminal west of the printer? West of the printer is the new you and battleframe garage.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Did they nerf founder exp bonus? I thought it was 10% to you forever, with 15% to the group, now i'm only seeing a 5% boost?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

precedence posted:

didn't the key pop up on your screen in your notification area?
Nope. As Troll says, sounds like a terminal error.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?

Pindakaas posted:

QED4B-XQLQW-3NUEQ-CZSB8-7UWH9

Took this, thanks.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

Did they nerf founder exp bonus? I thought it was 10% to you forever, with 15% to the group, now i'm only seeing a 5% boost?

It depends on how much you paid.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

rd.sselblur 2
Allows 560s to run the SSEL effect without needing a beefier card like a 660 or 760, causes some slight blockiness but still looks awesome.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

ianmacdo posted:

It depends on how much you paid.

I am big kahuna founder package. I swore the exp bonus pre patch was 10%. Now it's showing 5.

Relogged and now it's showing a 20% forever bonus. I think i'm going to let the dust settle for a week or so before I sperg out.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 22, 2013

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
drat the support team on this game kicks rear end. 10 minutes and someone already answered my ticket.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Pindakaas posted:

drat the support team on this game kicks rear end. 10 minutes and someone already answered my ticket.

I had an issue and got a dev on email within a few minutes. Dudes are seriously good.

edit: I'm a bit behind - what's the status on the Goon Armies (army size cap)? I'm kinda strictly PvE, so I'd hate to clog up a spot in a PvP group. Also, I'm sticking around for a while (founder and all that bullshit)

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 22, 2013

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Where do most of you guys do your thumping? I know a ton of people still do it at that one spot by Sunken Harbor.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

ARES Missions are awesomely fun with a group of players.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

FYI, just so people don't waste time trying, all the ensign tiki masks dumped above are used up. I just tried them all and no dice.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Lemon King posted:

ARES Missions are awesomely fun with a group of players.

Yeah. it's like a dungeon without the hassle of finding a group, because it's just open. Super excited for more of these with boss fights. :allears:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Sputnik posted:

FYI, just so people don't waste time trying, all the ensign tiki masks dumped above are used up. I just tried them all and no dice.

Check your PMs.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Sputnik posted:

Oh man, I wish I had seen this post before I tried them all and no dice.

I don't even like how the Tiki Mask looks, I just like free things.

E: Got a code from a friend, no need to waste any good deeds on me.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 22, 2013

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Lemon King posted:

Check your PMs.

That is incredibly awesome of you. Thanks a ton! :)

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

AfterFather posted:

Where do most of you guys do your thumping? I know a ton of people still do it at that one spot by Sunken Harbor.

SH is more of an XP spot than anything. It's a bit of an exploit spot where you can put up a few big thumpers and none of the larger mobs can get to them. 95% of the time they're thumping dirt.

Otherwise, the spots are randomly dotted all over the map and you have to use your scan hammer to find deposits.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Cel-shaded or not, I'll give it a try.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
This game looks great I'll definitely give it a shot

:frog:

edit: thanks jonatir!

Meatball fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 23, 2013

Jonatir
Apr 9, 2010

Meatball posted:

This game looks great I'll definitely give it a shot

:frog:

Sent, check your email.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is anyone else having trouble actually playing?
Permanently stuck on 'establishing connection' after i finished the tutorial area.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

Is anyone else having trouble actually playing?
Permanently stuck on 'establishing connection' after i finished the tutorial area.
Let it sit, it may take 20-30 minutes but it will probably go through.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I like the Thumper display in the PAX lobby. Pretty neat when it makes Thumping noses and such.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

moolchaba posted:

Cel-shaded or not, I'll give it a try.

It's really not cel shaded at all. There's also an option to turn off the black outline on characters.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
New things scare me :ohdear:

I think I like the new progression system though.. at the very least it actually gives me something useful to spend the founders funbux on with the Battleframe shortcuts maybe ? because before all I had to spend it on was battleframe slots due to most of the cosmetic unlocks being not my thing at all.

Speaking of which I am not a fan of removing/changing some of the cosmetic customisation options, the new female heads/faces for the most part are ugly as hell, I think I manage to find the one that was the same as the second option in the list before the patch though(the non "anime" looking one of the previously offered choices)

Can I get in with goons without using Mumble for now by the way ? my CPU in current system is pretty much borderline retarded (core2duo lol)so anything in the background may slow things down to much. This will be fixed sooner rather then later and not very subtlely with a move to a Sandybridge E setup however..

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Well, I guess I am going to try this game out :frog:

edit: got invited, :woop:

Foehammer007 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 24, 2013

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

The servers are having trouble tonight because tons of people who haven't played for a while are all logging in to check out the patch. Don't give up on it if you're having trouble tonight! Also, the patch will probably have some rough edges, post here for clarification before giving up on stuff, I'd expect another smaller patch in the near future to smooth out various rough edges that we're all quickly finding.

So far from the little I've done/looked at, a lot of the changes to frames seem to have neat things or ideas tied to frames, and the only thumper I checked out was the personal one, which actually had a decent number of enemies attack it. Before, you could probably have not killed any bugs and still filled it up(may be slight exaggeration), now it is still pretty easy, but a good intro for players. The pirates highjacking a shipment event seemed to have the pirates buffed up some, or I'm just remembering doing it in a group instead of solo.

Once my fabricator thingy stops being bugged and actually sees my inventory, looking forward to seeing what sorts of things you can tweak with crafting. Currently mine won't let me craft anything, as it thinks I have nothing (0 crystite even though you start with 200, etc).

Separating pve and pvp is a good call I think, it lets them have a nicely balanced setup with a low material barrier to entry, putting more into the player skill instead of "go thump until you can make the best stuff and then pvp". They don't have to worry about trying to balance neat pve things with pvp, or put in special pvp stats on stuff to make it better. Looking forward to playing some of that with the various frames and seeing how it goes! Glad that they turned off moisture farm for the time being, that map needed to be a DM with more spawn points or something.

Jonatir
Apr 9, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

Well, I guess I am going to try this game out :frog:

If I could get an invite eventually it would be most appreciated!

Sent, should be in your mailbox.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ZypherIM posted:

The servers are having trouble tonight because tons of people who haven't played for a while are all logging in to check out the patch. Don't give up on it if you're having trouble tonight! Also, the patch will probably have some rough edges, post here for clarification before giving up on stuff, I'd expect another smaller patch in the near future to smooth out various rough edges that we're all quickly finding.

I'd probably just say if you haven't played before tonight is not a good time to start. I've had to relog between every starter quest objective to actually make any of them work.

edit: Also I haven't played in forever so maybe the lighting isn't new but christ it is blinding.

Phoix fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 23, 2013

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Goon squad up and running? Not popping up on the search,

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

xxEightxx posted:

Goon squad up and running? Not popping up on the search,

Christopher is in class, I'm sure he'll create it when he gets back.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Woo. Stuck at "Establishing Connection". Apparently it's been happening to quite a few people.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Thor-Stryker posted:

Christopher is in class, I'm sure he'll create it when he gets back.
At the moment, armies are stuck with the same server issues, so it might take a bit.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Woo. Stuck at "Establishing Connection". Apparently it's been happening to quite a few people.

Let it sit there, it will connect even though you may be seeing a 0 ping message flashing at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

Let it sit there, it will connect even though you may be seeing a 0 ping message flashing at the top.

Apparently just restarting your computer clears it right up. At least it did for me and at least one other guy on the firefall forums.

edit: Has anyone bought the rechargeable glider pads from the red beans store? Is it permanent and/or any good?

double edit: jumped into mumble and put the relevant poo poo in my comment and whatnot. Name's sidowere.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 23, 2013

• Locked thread