Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobster_Horde
Dec 21, 2012

FEEDING FRENZY

Bacter posted:

Congrats to FH_Meta for spotting the subtle 8-bit mario pattern in the wall in Santa Luchita!

Choco Boco already saw it, I'm sorry to say. I know this because I saw it (and the bit trip runner that he also saw) as well, but checked the listings and saw it was already pointed out, so I didn't mention it.

In fact, those probably should be split into two lines, assuming each line is a point. They are two things and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Bacter posted:

I've taken your advice to heart, and it caused me NO end of trouble, when I thought I'd stumbled into a foreign consulate today, after seeing a guy with a Dominican Republic flag hanging out of the back of his car.

That's mad something, alright! I'll take it.

Also, I finally pinned down the image used for that 'Attack of the Lemons' poster I earlier thought was from Monster Loves You! It's actually taken from Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Ding ding ding! Another game by this same studio, in fact.

(Also, I'll fix that other stuff. I need a better organizational system is what I need!)

SO it being Halloween and all, I figure you lot need some TREATZ. And in lieu of anything PHYSICALLY tasty, how about some LP goodness?

A longer videmo is on it's way, but for now, behold the manifold delights of my personal favorite suit, the ALEBRIJE OUTFIT, obtainable after you jump through some hoops in the DLC.

The Juan version of this suit is almost certainly based off of a Lucha Libre wrestler: "El Alebrije".

It's clearly that first boss we just tromped. I'll be using it as my "boss killer" suit in the rest of the game, and if I decide to do some insanity kamikaze speedrun, I will either do it as the alebrije or the skeleton (who you'll see later).

For those of you in the know, I wouldn't mind your opinions on which of those would be better. TUNE IN LATER THOUGH to see this suit in action in the REAL GAME, as we tackle A FOR REAL BOSS!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I like the look of that suit. So there is DLC for this? Is it just the three suits? Also, how many suits are there in this? I'm a sucker for bonus/alternate costumes.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

There's three suits, a bunch of challenges, and a neat new area!

And hey hey! TIME FOR A NEW SOLO EPISODE! (The cultural feature is lagging behind, it's true, but I'm waiting for Blue Demon to finish with the interview questions)

BOOM.

We fight our first actual boss here, get a whole SUITE of new powers (I told you thems come quickly!), fight some of the most annoying enemies in the game, and get to see two new suits.

Not bad for a single half hour section!

Boss spoilers below:
X'tabay is a COMPLETELY AWESOME fable, because it turns out basically the opposite of how you'd predict, or at least how I would predict, given my Euro-centric narrative construction brain.

X'tabay literally means 'Female Ensnarer' and refers to a Mesoamerican demon who seduces and kills.

The legend of the X'tabay is as follows:

Once, two women lived in a village in the Yucatán Peninsula. One was named X'keban (which means "sinner", "bad woman" or "one who practices illicit love"), the other was Utz-Colel (meaning "a good, decent woman").

The gossip was that X'keban was beautiful, but lustful, and gave her favors to every man who asked her; Utz-Colel was virtuous and honest, as well as beautiful.

However, X'keban was humble; she kindly helped the poor, sick and homeless, and also the animals abandoned for being considered useless. To do so, she sold the jewellery and fine clothes she got from her lovers.

She was not a haughty woman, and treated the other villagers kindly. X'keban humbly bore the insults from the other villagers.

On the other hand, Utz-Colel was cold, prideful, harsh, and disgusted by the poor and useless.

One day, X'keban went missing. After a few days, a beautiful perfume was smelled all over the village. People traced it to the house of X'keban who had died there, protected only by the animals who stood watch around her, fending off the flies.

Utz-Colel argued it wasn't possible - from her viewpoint, nothing but decay and stench could come out of her, an awful profligate woman. She argued that the beautiful smell had to be bad spirits or demons still trying to tempt men. "If that is the odor of a dead prostitute, mine shall be much more fragrant when I die", she said.

A few people buried X'keban, feeling pity for her. The next day, her grave was covered with beautiful flowers of a delicate perfume. The flowers growing on X'keban's grave were named X'tabentún.

When Utz-Colel died, a virgin, the entire village attended her funeral; they remembered her virtue and honesty. To the amazement of the crowd, an intolerable stench came out from her grave; the Tzacam, a spiny cactus flower with a disagreeable odor, grew there.

Utz-Colel, converted into a Tzacam flower reflected, envious, on what had happened to X'keban.

Burning with jealousy, and unable to understand what happened, she came to the conclusion that she had fared so well after death because her sins had been "sins of love". Thus, she decided to imitate X'keban's promiscuity, without realizing that it was X'keban's good heart and her generous and natural attraction to love-making that had given her beauty after death.

Utz-Colel called on evil spirits that helped her return to the world whenever she wanted to, to seduce men and attempt to become beautiful after death, like X'keban. But, still haughty and prideful, she felt nothing but hatred and disgust for the men that she seduced, and so her love with them was full of contempt and hate. It did NOT HELP MATTERS. She was so full of disgust that she flew into a rage and murdered the men she slept with.

This is how Utz-Colel became the X'tabay, who awaits men under the ceiba tree combing her long, beautiful hair with the spiny needles of the Tzacam. When she seduces wayward men, she kills them in an infernal act of love-making.

So uh... there's that.

Feel free to discuss the boss without spoiler tags, I just didn't want to have the name and history all up in my post, before we've seen who they are.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 31, 2013

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Okay, I saw Strong Bad on one of the signs on your way to Santa Luchita, "Viva Pinatas" is probably a reference to "Viva Pinata", and there was Simon Belmont whipping a skeleton in one of the arenas you fought in.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
'Break it, Bill' is Mexico's cheaper, spicier alternative to 'Wreck it, Ralph', I do believe.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure who the amazing Tequila brothers are, but the billboard right next to it at the start of the desert is for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. The statue to the right of the Frog Slam blocks seems to be Donkey Kong? Right after the cacti show up there's a Cactuar cactus. In dead-side Santa Luchita I saw Batman vs Bane.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 1, 2013

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Is anyone else hearing the little shop-skull's lines in Murray's voice? This is exactly the kind of place he'd turn up...

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
Around 22:28 the background has a skeletal Simon Belmont fighting a skeleton and some bats.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
So we've got an "Attack of the Mutant Lemons" billboard, which references "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes", and Flame Face's laugh of "Trololololol" references this video, which is associated with the Troll Face meme.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Madre los Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

:monocle:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
An update for Día de Muertos? You shouldn't have!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I like that shot of The Devil kicking back at his desk in the flashback. Must be Friday afternoon in Hell or something.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

An update for Día de Muertos? You shouldn't have!

Aw shucks, I couldn't not! And I should be recording the next tag team with Bundifund tonight!

So I've mentioned before how much I really like team evil, and a good summary of it (which I sort of half-said in the video) is that it's exactly the kind of party you'd assemble if this was an RPG and you were playing as an evil character.

I mean we've even got the "good character who joins you but doesn't like it" in Jaguar Javier, along with the "just along because she likes you" girl that could go either way alignment-wise. Flame face is, from what we can tell so far, probably the evil-chacacter-specific guy. Mr. "sets people on fire, so much that the devil gets JEALOUS, then terrorizes barteners".

I also really like that nobody you fight is really a luchador. Flame face appears to be a bandito, X'tabay is a bruja, Jaguar Javier is a jaguar warrior, and Calaca himself was a Charro (rough cowboy analogue). It just gives the world this colorful DEPTH that I really enjoy.

I actually do like it when the team of villains is more varied and colorful than the hero. Batman is a good example - dude would be seriously boring if it was just him vs. mobsters all the time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun seeing the villains; they're really the most entertaining part of this game.

Also, Calaca is posting angrily to Bioware's message board right now because he had some pretty rare gear on X'tabay and had no idea that a rivalry relationship would actually get her to leave at this point in the plot.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I have to concur that the villain design is above and beyond the average for a game.

In my vain attempts at grasping for viable references I'll also take this one: Fire devil's laugh seems to be similar to that most infamous of songs... the trololo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

e: Ack! Beaten like the dead horse of tropedom.

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 1, 2013

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Right after the first desert piñata there was a cactuar statue! (5:40)

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
Oh, also, at about 5:18 in the second co-op video, there's a "missing" poster on the building. It's the IKEA Monkey.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
It's hard to see, but flame attacks will have a little flame on the attack/enemy. For the Armadillos, for instance, it's usually on the upper left part of the Armadillo.

Granted, this is mostly a worthless detail, as the enemies with flame attacks either always use them (Armadillos), have wholly different tells for the flame attacks (bosses), or are Aluxes.

Now, for some Nahauatl tips, here's a few resources.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/nahuatl.htm

http://www.indians.org/welker/nahuatl.htm

http://www2.potsdam.edu/schwaljf/Nahuatl/eng-nah.htm

I also like X'tabay's choice of insults. TROUT.

Lobster_Horde
Dec 21, 2012

FEEDING FRENZY
That picture at 2:12 might be Wolverine.

Also, the barrel guy reminds me of a character from an old sprite comic I used to read called Planet Zebeth, which had a character who had a name for each item in his pog collection, which was stored in the back room of a bar. This is rather circumstantial and it may well just be an independent joke, however.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Guacamelee is such a solid title. It doesn't really break any new ground per se. It isn't going to really blow your mind and it doesn't expand on the nature of its genre, but what it does do is everything right. It does combat right, it does platforming right, it does Metroid right. Every thing you can do in it is really easy to do, has tons of varied applications, and feels fun and fluid. The challenges require you to master the mechanics and the mechanics are fun to master. It isn't overburdened with needless filler, and it is perfectly paced to provide a fantastic set of challenges from beginning to end. Getting 100% isn't super frustrating at all, which is a nice plus as well.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Those 'pinecones' that the cacti throw are actually cactus pears, aka prickly pears, or tuna (the Spanish name). They are eaten both red and green, although red is riper, sweeter, and a lot more stainy.

They don't grow on saguaros (the kind of cactus that fight you), though. They grow on a different plant (known as Opuntia, prickly pear cactus, or paddle cactus; nopales in Spanish). The whole plant and the fruit is covered in spines, but they are fairly sparse and can be removed for eating. In Mexico the green 'paddle' leaves are also chopped and eaten.

The game does have some of the plants in the background. The first cactus fight has one right in the middle.

Barrel guy seems like some sort of mascot, but maybe he's just his own thing. He references Heart of Darkness ("The horror, the horror") when you smash up his collection but that doesn't seem otherwise related to his character.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Just got home from church which had the altar out for the Day of the Dead/Día de Muertos and I did said I would get some pics of it and after getting the ok from the priest I took some for the thread.

On the altar you might have notice the pop, chocolate,fruit and the little tamale looking thing (I think it's a tamale) along with a bunch of little skulls, well they are Ofrenda or offerings people put on the altar. Normally these are thing the dead would have loved back they were living and in this case we have the pop, chocolate, fruit and the tamale. As for the little skulls those are made with sugar and can be eaten as snacks (though I never had a chance to eat them since it's would be kinda weird eating a skull). Also people would put photos or stuff from the recently decease on these altar but I didn't see any on it this year which gave me the ok to take pics. Hope you guys like the pics.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Bacter posted:

There's three suits, a bunch of challenges, and a neat new area!

And hey hey! TIME FOR A NEW SOLO EPISODE! (The cultural feature is lagging behind, it's true, but I'm waiting for Blue Demon to finish with the interview questions)

BOOM.

that el portero suit is probably alluding to Jorge Campos, a Mexican goalie who used to wear colourful kits

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

*EDIT*

drat it, someone already got it and I didn't notice. Ah well.

That said, interesting aside about the chupacabra that I always found amusing, even if it's a wiely known one. The first sightings of the things were reported in the early nineties, with the original eyewitness giving a description that eventually led to this

Want to know what came out a little earlier than that sighting?

Yeah, Species.

Which is a drat shame, because some of the off-the-wall stuff people have presented as what it might be ("It's a tulpa!" "It's a US genetic experiment!" "It's a reflection of a blood-thirsty Central American deity!" "ALIENS!") are really drat cool if you turn your head to the side and squint at them.

As for the Satan/rooster thing...

Recalling some of the stories I read as a kid, there's a common folk tale involving a wedding where a handsome man shows up unannounced an instantly becomes the life of the party. Everyone is entranced with him and he almost runs off with the bride until she looks down and notices that he's got [dramatic pause] THE FOOT OF A ROOSTER!

citybeatnik fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 2, 2013

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
/\/\/\/\Nice post! Though to be fair, sometimes they look like this

I'm so glad they included Chupacabra in this game. He's my favorite cryptid! :allears:

Dickey Butts fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 2, 2013

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, gotta address the giant elephant chicken in the room: what does the chicken form look like if you are wearing the chicken costume? Do you turn into a miniature, non-luchador Juan?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Loxbourne posted:

Is anyone else hearing the little shop-skull's lines in Murray's voice? This is exactly the kind of place he'd turn up...

I can absolutely see that - but if you're talking about Murray from the cartoony Monkey Island (the one with the time-travel swamp, I forget which one that is), I think that voice is a little too gruff-guy for our calavera. I can either picture him with a Mexican accent, or a surfer dude? That's how it goes in my head.

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

Oh, also, at about 5:18 in the second co-op video, there's a "missing" poster on the building. It's the IKEA Monkey. (worth points!)

That is some EXCELLENT meme scholarship there. I really had no idea what he was - I figured something from ice climbers actually!

FH_Meta posted:

*Flame attacks*

*Nahuatl resources* (worth points!)

I also like X'tabay's choice of insults. TROUT.

I really need to spend some time getting down flame attacks. I still hold that they're sort of a bizarre, tacked-on aspect to the game, but apparently more enemies use them than I realized. X'tabay didn't have any flame attacks (unless that homing soul attack is a flame attack, but I'm pretty sure not), but we'll be seeing more and more of them from bosses in the future.

They just don't come up often enough to really be something to worry about - some of the Alux'ob do them, but you really don't need to be dodging them anyway, more throwing them and mass murdering them with Olmec's headbutt, the rooster uppercut, or such.

I am absolutely pouring over the pronunciation resources, and if I get any good at it, I might do a cultural section on that language in the future - one of the main problems that I think I have (and this is actually a decent way to learn languages, I'm told) is that I haven't heard enough native speakers to get an idea of what the accent sounds like. So I'm going to try to go after that!

Also yes, X'tabay being jealous over the "trout" is awesome. I don't really know if that's a common insult? Urban Dictionary suggests that it means a profligate woman, but, uh, that's Urban Dictionary.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Guacamelee is such a solid title. It doesn't really break any new ground per se. It isn't going to really blow your mind and it doesn't expand on the nature of its genre, but what it does do is everything right. It does combat right, it does platforming right, it does Metroid right. Every thing you can do in it is really easy to do, has tons of varied applications, and feels fun and fluid. The challenges require you to master the mechanics and the mechanics are fun to master. It isn't overburdened with needless filler, and it is perfectly paced to provide a fantastic set of challenges from beginning to end. Getting 100% isn't super frustrating at all, which is a nice plus as well.

You obviously aren't taking about tree tops! But yes, I agree. The more times I play it, the more impressed with little things I get - they really seamlessly teach you a huge number of skills, give you tells as to how to solve all the various jumping puzzles, and pack a huge amount of content into a shortish game. Incidentally, after this solo run, I've got four unique areas left (not counting the DLC), and that's the game.

Lobster_Horde posted:

Also, the barrel guy reminds me of a character from an old sprite comic I used to read called Planet Zebeth, which had a character who had a name for each item in his pog collection, which was stored in the back room of a bar. This is rather circumstantial and it may well just be an independent joke, however.

That... it's probably a coincidence? But man, that's a pretty good coincidence. Did that character look at all like the little under-bar guy? I mean he HAS to be an inside joke of some kind, he's just too weird NOT to be.

Kangra posted:

*Cacti* (worth points!)

Ahhh awesome! Thanks! I imagine it was just easier to make a saguaro with the "arms" hucking stuff at you, but I think it's really cool that they actually added in a picture of the correct cactus. I really believe a decent amount of scholarship went into this game, which is one of the things I like about it.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

DDLM altar pics! (DEFINITELY worth points!)

So cool! Calaveras de azucar, religious icons, corn, favorite foods of the deceased, papel picado, and wacky guitar skeletons, this is great! Any idea what the cherry bowl was for? Is that a Mary figurine at the top of the ofrenda there?

sick trigger posted:

that el portero suit is probably alluding to Jorge Campos, a Mexican goalie who used to wear colourful kits

*worth points!*

Awesome! Yeah, I'd say that costume is definitely close enough to be a clear inspiration (assuming of course that it's relatively unique). I had no idea!

citybeatnik posted:

*chupacabra stuff* points!

Dickey Butts posted:

*chupacabra stuff*

Yeah, I was pretty happy to see these guys. Waaaay back in elementary school I had a chupacabra phase, actually! I don't know if they're traditionally thought of as flying, but I think the descriptions of them are a little hazy anyways. It's kind of neat how they blend modern cryptid stuff with more traditional figures for the game. Who knows, maybe I'll do a little section on them at some point!

azren posted:

Okay, gotta address the giant elephant chicken in the room: what does the chicken form look like if you are wearing the chicken costume? Do you turn into a miniature, non-luchador Juan?

The answer is as simple as it is elegant.

(though I think I still like your idea better)

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Bacter posted:

That... it's probably a coincidence? But man, that's a pretty good coincidence. Did that character look at all like the little under-bar guy? I mean he HAS to be an inside joke of some kind, he's just too weird NOT to be.

I took him to be a generalized joke based on all the times in video games when you walk into some dude's house and wreck all his poo poo because it might have a nickel or a half a Twinkie inside.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Bacter posted:

Also yes, X'tabay being jealous over the "trout" is awesome. I don't really know if that's a common insult? Urban Dictionary suggests that it means a profligate woman, but, uh, that's Urban Dictionary.

As far as I can tell from a brief Internet search, a "trucha" (trout) in Mexico is a either a smart, quick-witted person, or a liar.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
X'tabay, to my recollection, doesn't have an actual flame attack, but she does have one that serves the same purpose as the flame attacks of the later bosses.

It's the world shift.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Bacter posted:

So cool! Calaveras de azucar, religious icons, corn, favorite foods of the deceased, papel picado, and wacky guitar skeletons, this is great! Any idea what the cherry bowl was for? Is that a Mary figurine at the top of the ofrenda there?

Glad you like it, am guessing the cherry bowl might have been holy water or sugar water and as for the Mary figurine it's Our Lady of Charity/La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre whom the church is named after.

wikipedia posted:

The story behind the La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre, began around 1612. Two Native American or Indian brothers, Rodrigo and Juan de Hoyos, and a black slave child, Juan Moreno, set out to the Bay of Nipe for salt.[2] They are traditionally called the "three Juans". They needed the salt for the preservation the meat at the Barajagua slaughter house, which supplied the workers and inhabitants of Santiago del Prado, now known as El Cobre. While out in the bay, a storm arose, rocking their tiny boat violently with ongoing waves. Juan, the slave, was wearing a medal with the image of the Virgin Mary. The three men began to pray for her protection. Suddenly, the skies cleared, and the storm was gone. In the distance, they saw a strange object floating in the water. They rowed towards it as the waves brought it towards them. At first they mistook it for a bird, but quickly saw that it was what seemed to be a statue of a girl. At last they were able to determine that it was a statue of the Virgin Mary holding the child Jesus on her LEFT arm and holding a gold cross in her RIGHT hand. The statue was fastened to a board with an inscription saying "Yo Soy la Virgen de la Caridad" or "I am the Virgin of Charity." The statue was dressed with real cloth and the Virgin had real hair and skin of a mixed woman. Much to their surprise, the statue remained completely dry while afloat in the water.

It's the Cuban version of The Lady of Guadalupe.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

It's the Cuban version of The Lady of Guadalupe.
I could do a mini-post on the various Miraculous Visitations but I wouldn't be able to do them justice - I'm a lapsed cradle Catholic that actually worked at a religious supply store for a while and most of my direct experiences with them mostly involves being able to pick out the type of walk-in customer I was going to deal with based off of which Our Lady they were looking for. Our Lady of Fatima always seemed to bring out the more... interesting ones.

And since we're talking about religious stuff, and I want to make this comment one tying in with the folk Catholicism that includes the Day of the Dead, look up Santa Muerte. There's also the Liberation Theology/Heresy but that one's getting a little off in the weeds.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Awesome! If you want to do a post for points AND for more sweet, sweet cultural context, that would be appreciated, but either way I'll look into it.

UPDATE: So I'm going to South Sudan for the next week and a half. I'll still have internet, so it's not like the LP is on hiatus exactly, but updates are probably unlikely, given the state of the connection there. Wish me luck cage-fighting malaria and yellow fever!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Steam Sale on Guacamelee! It's $7.49 for the next 42 hours! I can't afford it, but hey, Guacamelee!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

So I've been traveling straight for the last two and a half days.

I've seen a drunken man kick the window out of an airport terminal, grab a Taiwanese guy's laptop, and huck it outside while screaming that he was doing nothing wrong.

I've walked on the shores of Lake Victoria, mouth of the Nile, and got looked at sideways by a wild back of dogs.

I flew over a city named "Reus", which is funny because I remember LPing Reus.

It's good times, is what I'm saying.

BUT FRIENDS, THIS IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT LP!

And since I'm having a unique experience, I think you should too!

FRIENDS...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
This is breaking new ground- you've started the arms race. Before long the subforum will be flooded with people playing different variations of those touch-thingys at bars. Those stupid golf games with the big trackball. Skinny nerds breaking their hands on those punching bag games.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bacter posted:

I AM INDEED READY FOR SOME TEA, THANK YOU FLIGHT ATTENDANT!
What, not coffee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This should be in the Experimental LP thread! Hope your travels go well.

• Locked thread