Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ionnracht
Jun 1, 2011
3179-6076-5592

Adding everyone above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
0774-4565-7984

EU goons unite!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A full fledged sequel, Bravely Second, has just been confirmed for 3DS. This is apparently different to the PC game they're making.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/04/bravely-default-sequel-bravely-second-announced-3ds/

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Sweet! Hopefully Bravely Default is successful enough that they'll release it outside Japan.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I just finished the iOS version of FF5 and it's amazing so I'm hankerin' for more.

Speaking of which: http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/final-fantasy-6-ios-android-screens-compared-to-snes-original/

Square-Enix is trying desperately to tap into my childhood and it's working :3:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

holy poo poo this is awesome

Aurain posted:

What is a SMT IV?
I heard rumours it was a bit like an Etrian Odyssey 4 (we did get this eventually) or a Rune Factory 4.

You guys should be happy for us just this once.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is a pretty traditional menu-based JRPG that has you teaming up with Demons which you can fuse to make more powerful demons. It is also really hard and the difficulty stays pretty consistent throughout the game, which is a plus in my mind. It's got a pretty cool story and is really awesome all around.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Shin Megami Tensei IV is a pretty traditional menu-based JRPG that has you teaming up with Demons which you can fuse to make more powerful demons. It is also really hard and the difficulty stays pretty consistent throughout the game, which is a plus in my mind. It's got a pretty cool story and is really awesome all around.

Haha, yeah, I was just being a tad facetious because we still don't have a release date or anything for that!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My FC is 0662-3227-5955

I've added everyone who posted theirs so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, the site updated! :toot: New world info, new trailer, new character info, n- hey wait a tic.

Character bios posted:

Agnès is a courageous 20-year-old girl... (Tiz) A kind-hearted 19-year-old...
Now I read this old Final Fantasy wikipage about the game a while back, and checking back...

Characters posted:

Agnès Oblige, a 17-year-old girl... Tiz Arrior, a 16-year-old boy...
Good on you, localization team!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why is it good that those two are three years older?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, I assume everyone's older, it's just that Edea's and Ringabel's ages aren't on the site. But I like it because I'm pretty tired of teenagers saving the world! I guess it doesn't have any actual bearing on anything, really, but I'll take my victories whenever I can get them.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Very stoked for this! Added all previous FC's, here's mine; 2079-6834-2849 (EU)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Why is it good that those two are three years older?

Because Japan has this bewildering habit of making people several years older or younger than they have any right to be, which is why we have 17-year old supersoldiers and 35-year olds who look ready to crumble to dust.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Japan is really generous to have added multiple languages now…!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
drat you, Europe. How dare you get a game before us. :911: Was so pumped to get my reneging valor on but no. :( Is there any benefit to keeping a demo exclusive to a continent?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bogart posted:

drat you, Europe. How dare you get a game before us. :911: Was so pumped to get my reneging valor on but no. :( Is there any benefit to keeping a demo exclusive to a continent?

Watching the anguish of the other continent, for one :smuggo:. It seems like you guys are also getting "lesser" versions of Collectors Editions of Nintendo games, which is weird in of itself. The Ganon figurine from the Wind Waker HD one had a smaller base and no dome over it, and the Bravely Default one doesn't get the statue.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Oh, here's my 3DS friend code! I've added everyone from this page and the last page! (this code's different from my USA 3DS!!)

4098 - 2682 - 7242

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 5, 2013

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Just went and got this, street date is broken in Western Australia. One second after boot up and the screen detailing the friends system pops up and gets me laughing. Man this is a stellar localisation job.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

It's amazing how a demo can make one turn from hardly caring about a game to wanting to get it on launch. Then again it reminded me of my JRPG itch, and how badly it is in need of scratching.

Oh and here's my friend code - 1306 6065 2574 - added everyone in the thread so far (that as as good a use of my lunch hour as any).

il-landier fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 5, 2013

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
I slogged through the demo, it was loving excellent, and I can't wait to get my jobz on. Hopefully Ebgames will have my copy sitting pretty for me tomorrow! Friend code (Aus goon) 5215 0127 1140.

Adding everybody in here one by one. :gay:

Belan
May 7, 2007
My friend code is 0275-7775-7934. I've added everyone above as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've added everyone since I last posted.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
As have I.

That said, here's something I'd like to ask you guys: When does the eShop update with new software to download again? Exactly at midnight? I'm planning on downloading Bravely Default tonight if I'm able to.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Folt The Bolt posted:

As have I.

That said, here's something I'd like to ask you guys: When does the eShop update with new software to download again? Exactly at midnight? I'm planning on downloading Bravely Default tonight if I'm able to.

For big releases it's usually midnight, yeah, so in 1 hour 15 minutes.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

For those choosing to download it, beware. You might need a really big SD card. My download was something like 26,000 blocks big and took forever to finish.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

HelloWinter posted:

For those choosing to download it, beware. You might need a really big SD card. My download was something like 26,000 blocks big and took forever to finish.

It's pretty much the largest 3DS game in terms of file size, isn't it?

Oh yeah, here's my FC: 1848-2888-3654

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

HelloWinter posted:

Good thing my SD Card is nowhere close to full then. I'll fit it, no prob.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
My FC is 4270-1173-8742, added everyone so far.

That said, I really wish they'd stop cramming this kind of thing into single player games - especially things like StreetPass when I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with a 3DS within 15 kilometers.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

It's happening... I'm downloading the game... So STOKED! :woop:

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Huzzah! I am also to be downloading.

My friend code is 2423 - 2595 - 6080

I've also added everyone on the last two pages :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

Just went and got this, street date is broken in Western Australia. One second after boot up and the screen detailing the friends system pops up and gets me laughing. Man this is a stellar localisation job.

It's not broken in Victoria, sadly :rant:. I've added everyone who's posted their FC's.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Game is finished downloading! Time to play it for real! :dance:

EDIT: Wow, I've only seen the intro, and Ringabel is already proving to be the best character! :allears:

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 6, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tried the demo on a whim, liked it.

Here's my code: 4897-5957-0786

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Well, I've played enough to unlock Norende Restoration again. Too bad I have to do the rebuilding all over again.

But at least I have more villagers this time.

Also, met Barras Lehr and Holly Whyte. Holy poo poo, Barras Lehr... :allears:

Though they became rather bastardly once I got to their boss battle though.

Also, got my first two jobs, which is good, because I'm gonna need'em.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Folt The Bolt posted:

Well, I've played enough to unlock Norende Restoration again. Too bad I have to do the rebuilding all over again.

But at least I have more villagers this time.

How much bigger is this in the full game, out of curiosity? Looked like there was a fair chunk of unused map in the demo. And how far into the game to do you unlock it?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How much bigger is this in the full game, out of curiosity? Looked like there was a fair chunk of unused map in the demo. And how far into the game to do you unlock it?

I unlocked it after I speak to the king with Agnés in the party. It's required, and comes rather early in the game.

As for the village restoration project itself, it's rather bigger than I thought. I'm so happy I have 7 villagers to help me out, or this would take many, many days.

EDIT: YES! Ringabel is joining now! Also met the last party member as well as another of the asterisk holders.

EDIT2: D's Journal (the book that Ringabel always carries around), besides being mysterious, also acts as an encyclopedia of sorts. The (often hilarious) descriptions of the items seem to come from this.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 6, 2013

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Added all 23 of you before me - yes, I made a list.

My friend code is 2852-7730-9472

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
I'll add everyone when I get home tonight, how big is 26K blocks? Think my SD is 32gb so should be fine but this seems like a game id like to have downloaded. How do the internet downloaded villagers work out? I get a few streetpasses here in Sydney but I doubt they'd be playing BD.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

tomkash posted:

I'll add everyone when I get home tonight, how big is 26K blocks? Think my SD is 32gb so should be fine but this seems like a game id like to have downloaded. How do the internet downloaded villagers work out? I get a few streetpasses here in Sydney but I doubt they'd be playing BD.

I believe it's a bit over 3 GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

tomkash posted:

I got 4 Japanese people on my first attempt which really sped up the development. Seems to work okay, not as well as the Pokemon stranger thing but then you wouldn't expect it to.

• Locked thread