Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That new intro is kind of neat, it's a pain in the rear end to rewind on Twitch archives but was the Donkey Kong in the quick cast flyby different from the ones on the server? Like I only saw it for a split second but it looked a lot furrier and with lighter brown tone? drat it I guess I'll wait for The Night.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Did Bazza ever say he was giving Jensen the augmented ATV? The guy who made the CAW just gave him a generic entrance.

I want to say I've heard, either on one of those SNST streams or a Bazza stream, that Jensen's getting the augmented ATV but I can't rightly remember when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rooreelooo posted:

Hahaha, it would be hilarious to see homestar runner made with that glitch, lack of arms and all.

and by hilarious, I mean nightmare inducing.

Hire this man.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Someone should make Plok, too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dragongem posted:

Also RIP Jensen's 2013 intro, also known as "WHERE'S THE BIKE????". It got me every time.

I joined the VGCW scene just this past season but how did Jensen's intro come about? A glitch? A mashup of two entrances, if that's a thing?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

I joined the VGCW scene just this past season but how did Jensen's intro come about? A glitch? A mashup of two entrances, if that's a thing?

Okay, so how it works is that every wrestler's entrance is built up into pieces. I don't have the exact names for them, but there's your shot of the crowd and ring, the wrestler getting on the stage, coming down the ramp, getting into the ring, and doing something in the ring. What happened with 2K13 Jensen is that someone gave him the motorcycle entrance, but accidentally(?) switched out the ramp part with something else thus creating the augmented bike.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rooreelooo posted:

Hahaha, it would be hilarious to see homestar runner made with that glitch, lack of arms and all.

and by hilarious, I mean nightmare inducing.

Red needs a tagteam partner: Diglett.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Suspicious Cook posted:

Haunter :colbert:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Policenaut posted:

Okay, so how it works is that every wrestler's entrance is built up into pieces. I don't have the exact names for them, but there's your shot of the crowd and ring, the wrestler getting on the stage, coming down the ramp, getting into the ring, and doing something in the ring. What happened with 2K13 Jensen is that someone gave him the motorcycle entrance, but accidentally(?) switched out the ramp part with something else thus creating the augmented bike.

Intro, Stage, Ramp, Ring In, Ring, I think. If you just use a single person's intro it's normal, but if multiple people's intros are mixed, it cuts to the crowd. I'd need to check to make sure.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Antitonic posted:

Intro, Stage, Ramp, Ring In, Ring, I think. If you just use a single person's intro it's normal, but if multiple people's intros are mixed, it cuts to the crowd. I'd need to check to make sure.

Close. There are mandatory crowd-cuts between the Stage and Ramp parts and the Ring-In and Ring parts. It doesn't matter whose intro parts you use in relation to other pieces. This also applies for "easy mode" intros.

That being said, there are a few intro parts that don't trigger crowd cuts, but I don't know which ones they are off the top of my head (or if they even made the cut to 2K14).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Suspicious Cook posted:

I

this

pokeman's

idea!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

30 minutes until The Night!

Join us on IRC

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
10 Minutes to, Stream is in it's loading stage. :dance:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
8ish minutes

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
[Hypeness Intensifies]

Can't wait to see more of the updated roster.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope we get Vegeta vs Haggar tonight, so the true VGCW champ can reign supreme.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
You know what the WVGCW needs?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Broadcaster Bazza87: Didn't have time to do much preshow testing. But what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

:allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Go RV! posted:

Broadcaster Bazza87: Didn't have time to do much preshow testing. But what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

:allears:

Bubsy confirmed for VGCW.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gooo

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
DID YOU KNOW: Rain was in the attract mode for MK3 but was never actually playable. :allears:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Falcon vs Nappa opener neato

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The new Captain Falcon is great.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Junpei Hyde posted:

The new Captain Falcon is great.
Apparently he needs to go back on steroids.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Holy poo poo catapult chokeslam.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Did nappa just catch and chokeslam falcon out of midair? :staredog:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
"What does Falcon need to do now?"
"Right now? His feet."

:stare: I'm not sure I like what 2K14 has become.

Gaiza
Aug 19, 2013

You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.

fits posted:

Did nappa just catch and chokeslam falcon out of midair? :staredog:

Yes. Yes he did and it was most excellent.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

I like Falcon's slimmer look. VGCW already has enough huge muscley dudes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo, Nappa actually won a match!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Why do my favourite wrestlers have to keep losing? :smith:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Not bad at all

This Hurts Capt though

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the hell is this song?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

What the hell is this song?

Ghost Nappa?

e: Gary gonna get got.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Never change Gary :allears:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Also that Falcon looked like a really garishly coloured version of SNS's Vyse

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All my money on Gary.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait as Gary utterly DESTROYS Gief in the ring :black101:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RIP Gary.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gary you know people were actually rooting for you for a bit, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's hard to tell from just the side, but Gary actually looks pretty good this time around. Certainly better than the abomination we had at the end of 2K13.

• Locked thread