Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

XyloJW posted:

I don't get the google doc thing. It seems a really backwards way to carry on a conversation.

I prefer forums posting for my outdated and inefficient communication medium.

What the hell is your username supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

XyloJW posted:

I don't get the google doc thing. It seems a really backwards way to carry on a conversation.

I prefer forums posting for my outdated and inefficient communication medium.

Well, it's kind of like IRC, except not as good. But its easier to keep people from getting their snooping eyes within.

Really, the only other option that might work better would be Skype, but that would require a degree of contact that's perhaps excessive.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Google Docs is probably the best way of chatting because it let's you get a chronological feel of the conversation that you can't really get otherwise. Also I'm scared of IRC because I don't know how to do it so I'm sure it's evil.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

fireWARKs posted:

What the hell is your username supposed to be?

It's Welsh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XyloJW posted:

It's Welsh.

Liar, not enough Ls :colbert:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Upon doing exhaustive research, I have discovered that Xylo is Greek for wooden. Aren't I awesome and smart and stuff? I'm like, really smart. You should respect me for my intellect.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Upon doing exhaustive research, I have discovered that Xylo is Greek for wooden. Aren't I awesome and smart and stuff? I'm like, really smart. You should respect me for my intellect.

Maybe too smart.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Maybe too smart.

Don't worry, I'll do terrible at the physical challenges.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Don't worry, I'll do terrible at the physical challenges.

Yes, these physical... challenges. On the internet... :shepface:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

challenge 1: who can create the best fitness video??

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Challenge 1: Bench Press the Internet.
Challenge 2: Become the Internet.
Well good luck, nerds.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Dr. Hurt posted:

Challenge 1: Bench Press the Internet.
Challenge 2: Become the Internet.
Well good luck, nerds.

At least challenge 1 is easy enough: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8865093/Internet-weighs-the-same-as-a-strawberry.html

As far as challenge 2, it probably involves drinking copious amounts of lead paint to match the insanity of /b/ and who knows whatever else is out there

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

At least challenge 1 is easy enough: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8865093/Internet-weighs-the-same-as-a-strawberry.html

As far as challenge 2, it probably involves drinking copious amounts of lead paint to match the insanity of /b/ and who knows whatever else is out there

Well obviously challenge 1 would involve seeing who would get the most reps. An endurance challenge. As for challenge two, someone get me some lead paint!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

Man I hope we have a "Getting Jokes" challenge.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

XyloJW posted:

I hope not - the store was all out last time I was there, so I have no idea where to go to get some

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

You should know as well as anyone how poorly people get jokes. It's right up there with being unable to tell edits from the real thing.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Mod, is the googledoc meant to be open to the spectators, out of curiousity? I'm guessing there haven't been many, to judge from the number of viewers Google says the spreadsheet has.

Colorful thread should be more entertaining for the folks at home, too!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

No, the docs you guys are in are not open to the public on an immediate basis. They'll be getting a clipped form at the end of each week. The only people in the docs should be the players and the moderators.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

You should know as well as anyone how poorly people get jokes. It's right up there with Meinberg being a huge idiot.

Oh my God I can't believe you said that about yourself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Good luck editing down that monstrosity.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Yeaaaaah, that's going to be a real fun time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And it's only the first day.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

Oh my God I can't believe you said that about yourself.

Wait, what? I didn't say that. That's not real at all!

Wait a second... you're trying to make me look a fool. I caught you though, so it won't work!

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Is this thread some kind of quantum paradox?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Wait, what? I didn't say that. That's not real at all!

Wait a second... you're trying to make me look a fool. I caught you though, so it won't work!

Who do you think the people are going to believe? What you said, or what I am pretty sure you said.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

Who do you think the people are going to believe? What you said, or what I am pretty sure you said.

Well, which of us is more attractive? I think that'll be the deciding factor.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Meinberg posted:

Well, which of us is more attractive? I think that'll be the deciding factor.

I think you know the answer to that question :kimchi:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

You guys are terrible. :argh:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, and then when I woke up everyone in the house was talking about their cats at home. I guess it's just another day in the Big Brother House.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Let's talk about dogs instead? I haven't had one in years and years and years.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I have a maltipoo and he's basically the happiest dog ever.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I grew up around miniature schnauzers, and dealt with countless litters of puppies over the years. I miss it a lot. We already have 3 cats in this house, though. That's madness enough for a house this size.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I never had a dog, but I did have a rabbit and my brother had a hedgehog that would roll around the house in a big hamster wheel and that was cool.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Thanks for giving me an excuse to link this picture.

AHOY!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm pretty sure we had that exact pirate ship too. What a missed opportunity.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Dr. Hurt posted:

I never had a dog, but I did have a rabbit and my brother would roll around the house in a big hamster wheel and that was cool.

This is how I read this at first.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, if you want to strategize, it might be a good idea to empty our your FPM inbox. Just sayin' is all. Just saying that it's hard to reply to someone PMing you if their inbox is full.

Yep.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I thought pm inbox limits were removed? I could be wrong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, if you want to strategize, it might be a good idea to empty our your FPM inbox. Just sayin' is all. Just saying that it's hard to reply to someone PMing you if their inbox is full.

Yep.

Tell me more about your communications with other people :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

I thought pm inbox limits were removed? I could be wrong.

I seem to recall seeing some issues related to them relatively recently, but it's entirely possible that I'm mistaken.

Actually unrelated: can we send in more confidentials besides the ones that were requested yesterday? Things are starting to heat up as the axe draws nearer!

• Locked thread