Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
My pub got his game in, but he'll need to be auto for about a week or so, he's on the road for his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

quote:

Also, Aaron Rodgers is out with a broken collarbone for 8 weeks. Seventeen killed him.

And all was right in the Madden universe as the Packers begin to crumble.

I don't know when the advance is but I'm going to the Pats/Colts game tomorrow so I'll be back around Monday

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Advance is tonight. Bears/bengals is only game left

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Baldrash posted:

I can play tomorrow night after 10:30 or so Eastern, or I'm available all day Friday.

How about today at 7 EST?

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
I don't have a problem with a sim if you guys just want to advance. There are so few users that almost everybody should make the playoffs anyway, right?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

da_goob posted:

I don't have a problem with a sim if you guys just want to advance. There are so few users that almost everybody should make the playoffs anyway, right?

God help us if Wampa doesn't make it...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Golden Tate out 6 weeks with broken collarbone.

:cmon: Rub some virtual dirt on it and get back out there!

E: Well played, Alucard. :golfclap:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 11, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah I saw that you destroyed him during your first game. I'll sell you Mike Wallace for a prince's ransom, namely amazing run blocker offensive linemen. Tannehill will either break the QB rushing record, or die this year.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

da_goob posted:

How about today at 7 EST?

Sorry, I didn't check the thread after 1 or so, and I'm going to bed momentarily. Oberst, just sim it so everyone's not held up, if you haven't already.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Some CPU team is getting their average TE stolen for way too many picks

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Bengals & Pats get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

:siren: Week 2, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

Alucardinium @ notjustplatinum
McShurto @ DiscountCleric
chaoslord2002 @ TheNardPuppy
captaincapn @ WampaLord :siren: butts :siren:

Advance is Monday/Tuesday

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I can play anytime today after playoff football is done, seventeen.

E: VVV Haha, I'm dumb

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 11, 2014

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
He's gone til Monday, remember?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stevie Lee posted:

He's gone til Monday, remember?

:laugh:

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Oberst posted:

Bengals & Pats get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

:siren: Week 2, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

Alucardinium @ notjustplatinum

Advance is Monday/Tuesday

When?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha I get what I asked for with Tebow

Passing is a loving triple double kiss in the dark dare.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Just. Wins. Games.

:colbert:

Requesting owner namechange to Baller McShotCaller, tia

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I can play tomorrow anytime not during the Panthers game, and Monday after work (~ 7PM EST)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Just. Wins. Games.

:colbert:

Requesting owner namechange to Baller McShotCaller, tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

HE'S STILL TERRIBLE

I can dial up an accurate, wide open pass. Then watch it airmail 8 yards off :v:

I had to Read Option and score rushing TDs just to not keep 3 and outs going :smith:

Need XP now!

Dubious fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 12, 2014

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm just as terrible with the Rams' defense against the CPU. The Falcons just lit up my lovely corners, safeties and LBs...DL is decent, I guess.

Luckily Zac Stacy and Tavon Austin own and Bradford is capable of getting it in their hands when I'm not drunkenly throwing interceptions.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Haha all my divisional games are versus cpu, all my non divisional games are user games.

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm just as terrible with the Rams' defense against the CPU. The Falcons just lit up my lovely corners, safeties and LBs...DL is decent, I guess.

Luckily Zac Stacy and Tavon Austin own and Bradford is capable of getting it in their hands when I'm not drunkenly throwing interceptions.

Can't wait to watch Luck slip out of Robert Quinn's grasp like a greased pig

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 13, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Thomas Platinum posted:

Haha all my divisional games are versus cpu, all my non divisional games are user games.

Can't wait to watch Luck slip out of Robert Quinn's grasp like a greased pig

Tebow was good at that too

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Chaos, can we get this in tomorrow?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

human being Guy posted:

Chaos, can we get this in tomorrow?

Yeah. I will be available from 330pm central tomorrow. Just let me know when.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard posted:

I can play tomorrow anytime not during the Panthers game, and Monday after work (~ 7PM EST)

Does Today after work work for you Thomas Platinum?

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

Yes. Probably not at 7, more like 830~

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

Nevermind. Im available whenever

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm still in work, I'll hop online when I get home and eat. Probably close to 7-7:30.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

I'm still in work, I'll hop online when I get home and eat. Probably close to 7-7:30.

Im on.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just stepped in, soaked to the bone, hungry and need beer. Gimme 10.

You use a headset?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
drat you tannyhill!

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Andrew got hosed up twice for rtp

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Ugh colts short yardage d

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I scored!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
ugh a good game hosed by key fumbles. You recovered all 4 fumbles (2 mine 2 yours)

Nice play, we both had some good plays but you managed to come out ahead on the turnover ratio. I think had I not lost those 2 fumbles I'd have had a chance at winning.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 14, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

Andrew got hosed up twice for rtp

Twice in a row. I didn't want to do it a third time even if it meant I could kill him for avoiding the grieving thing. Also, I am pretty liberal with the square button against the QB.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

ugh a good game hosed by key fumbles. You recovered all 4 fumbles (2 mine 2 yours)

GG. Vonates user int was pretty sweet, but I got lucky especially on the 2nd fumble of mine. My D is the ultimate SPEED BIG HITZ madden defense. I need brandon merriwheather.

Colts beat Dolphins 24-14

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

GG. Vonates user int was pretty sweet, but I got lucky. My D is the ultimate SPEED BIG HITZ madden defense. I need brandon merriwheather.

Colts beat Dolphins 24-14

I always feel like my user picks are pure luck. I can rarely hit circle then triangle fast enough on short bullet passes. I'm just glad you didn't manage to kill Tannehill, but I need to work on getting my guys to not fumble. Upping Tanny's carry rating is priority 1 for me if I'm going to use him until he dies of a broken spine.

I was pretty pissed when I fumbled twice in the redzone to cough up the ball and didn't win any of the fumbles I generated. But :xcom: (pretend xcom is madden)

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Alucard posted:

I always feel like my user picks are pure luck. I can rarely hit circle then triangle fast enough on short bullet passes. I'm just glad you didn't manage to kill Tannehill, but I need to work on getting my guys to not fumble. Upping Tanny's carry rating is priority 1 for me if I'm going to use him until he dies of a broken spine.

I was pretty pissed when I fumbled twice in the redzone to cough up the ball and didn't win any of the fumbles I generated. But :xcom: (pretend xcom is madden)

Totally.

On the int I had enough time to get in position and hold triangle. Vontae won the jumpball.

The first of those fumbles was off a corner blitz. You had ground up the whole first quarter so I called time out. I then started zero/single high blitzing in the redzone to either get a turnover or give up a td. On that play, i dialed up one that brought all my strongside defenders which looked like a td off the read until vontae came flying in so you can't totally blame yourself. If you had pass audibled like a Z fade it would have been td. I fumble way more on scrambles than designed runs (twice in that game, one which sat there forever)

My favorite play was when i brought a rolling zone blitz that blew up the backfield then you triple option flipped the ball for a 1st down

Thomas Platinum fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
sorry Chaos I wont be able to get on tonight after the reg league game with oberst, I can play anytime tomorrow or I will go auto if you prefer.

• Locked thread