Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I newly have a metal plate holding together 3 broken bones in my ankle, and I can't quite turn to the computer to play dota effectively, but I'd still love watching some. I haven't followed any major tournaments since TI3 but had a blast watching that one, are there any new tournaments I should buy a season pass for, or watch on youtube, while I'm out of commission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

Tom Tucker posted:

I newly have a metal plate holding together 3 broken bones in my ankle, and I can't quite turn to the computer to play dota effectively, but I'd still love watching some. I haven't followed any major tournaments since TI3 but had a blast watching that one, are there any new tournaments I should buy a season pass for, or watch on youtube, while I'm out of commission?

Just keep an eye on https://www.joindota.com for current and upcoming matches. In about 20 minutes, Alliance will be playing SpeedGaming in the D2 Championship Finals http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/92655-the-alliance-vs-speed-gaming

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I appreciate that D2CL is doing qualifiers for season 2 before season 1's finals have finished, to the confusion of at least one person (ME, GOD DAMNIT).

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Speed vs Alliance Champions League grand finals coming up:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x153r8y_d2cl-season-ii-english-stream_videogames

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
First pick Timber for Alliance. Interesting. And EGM Naga??? Haven't seen that since TI3!

Loda naga let's see how this goes...?

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 15, 2014

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Totally going to be a Loda Naga :v:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
EGM is their traditional earthshaker player, so maybe? :v:

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Reoxygenation posted:

First pick Timber for Alliance. Interesting. And EGM Naga??? Haven't seen that since TI3!

might be a loda naga, everyone wants to be Meracle all of a sudden

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TITY BOI posted:

might be a loda naga, everyone wants to be Meracle all of a sudden

Does Loda have that level of micro skill, though? Because the poo poo Meracle does should be illegal.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Majuju posted:

I appreciate that D2CL is doing qualifiers for season 2 before season 1's finals have finished, to the confusion of at least one person (ME, GOD DAMNIT).

I mean Speed peaced out to China for like a month+ Its not like D2CL had any choice in the matter. Unless you want them to have played it on 300 ping.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Is loda actually drafting or is the crown icon just on his name by chance?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Does Loda have that level of micro skill, though? Because the poo poo Meracle does should be illegal.

He's most likely nowhere near Meracle, but he's a fantasticc farmer and you can do a lot with just basic micro.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Hahahaha, what are these stats? Chance to throw? Hardliner?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheRat posted:

He's most likely nowhere near Meracle, but he's a fantasticc farmer and you can do a lot with just basic micro.

Fair enough. And I guess we'll find out!

S4 mid Mirana, huh?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Fair enough. And I guess we'll find out!

S4 mid Mirana, huh?

Denying singsing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What the hell are these dumb stats? Like, I know teams that play safe have less of a chance to throw but anyone can mess up an advantage.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

TheRat posted:

Denying singsing.
Mirana was last picked, speed picked SF before that.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

but can S4 shoot arrow and hit arrow

very important when playing POTM of the moon

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

TheRat posted:

Denying singsing.

Didn't Speed have the first shot at final pick, though, and they took Shadow Fiend where [A] answered with Mirana?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

HGH posted:

What the hell are these dumb stats? Like, I know teams that play safe have less of a chance to throw but anyone can mess up an advantage.

I suppose they've done some subjective measure of how often Alliance throw vs someine like EG.

Kyrosiris posted:

Didn't Speed have the first shot at final pick, though, and they took Shadow Fiend where [A] answered with Mirana?

My bad, didnt watch most of the draft :v:

--

E: Haha, EGM being a massive dick

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I need to hire a hypnotist to cause me to process "life points" as "hit points" so I can watch Tobi cast without my blood pressure going up 20 points.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Majuju posted:

I need to hire a hypnotist to cause me to process "life points" as "hit points" so I can watch Tobi cast without my blood pressure going up 20 points.

If thats all it takes to raise your blood pressure you're looking at a fairly early death.

--

E: Loda is massively outfarming EE so far.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Aui with the level 5 Chen at 5 mins. That's some jungling

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

If thats all it takes to raise your blood pressure you're looking at a fairly early death.

The whole pizza.gg thing was not kind to me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Majuju posted:

Just imagine that he's a Yu-Gi-Oh! character. :v:

Edit: drat, nice deny by bone7 there.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

What the gently caress is Alliance doing

I know they have a good late game lineup but what the gently caress is this

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheRat posted:

E: Loda is massively outfarming EE so far.

Hes really not at all, he just has a little more CS because Speed decided to push the safe lane

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Hes really not at all, he just has a little more CS because Speed decided to push the safe lane

When I posted that he had 42 to envy's 32 and no towers had been pushed.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
now that they show the net worth, EE is ahead like 1300. but loda was ahead for a bit

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Not that it matters because this is gonna be over in like 5 minutes.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Alliance isn't even playing that bad, they're just not doing anything.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Bone7 has more farm than s4 :v:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Bone7 has a 14m Arcane/Blink with an offlane Nyx

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loda has a 14min boots/drums/relic :stare:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

Loda has a 14min boots/drums/relic :stare:

Can he really do anything with it though? This will be done by 25 minutes if they don't find a way to stop the momentum

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Speed already has 2 bkb they can just go ham on Alliance, and even if they song during the BKB naga isn't gonna have a fun time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Asuron posted:

Can he really do anything with it though? This will be done by 25 minutes if they don't find a way to stop the momentum

Spoken like someone who has never seen Meracle-style Naga Siren.

E: This team is basically naga + antipush. Keeper illuminate, timber chakram, Earthshaker fissure, mirana starfall. Thats a fuckton of antipush.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

Spoken like someone who has never seen Meracle-style Naga Siren.

Loda is not Meracle. If he had the micro skills of Meracle he could turn this around, but we've never seen him do that kind of thing. Even if he could, Speed are not going to let him, they'll force the fights and he has to be there or they lose.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
It's kind of funny to me that Alliance is trying to find a new method to splitpush/rat-dota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Asuron posted:

Loda is not Meracle. If he had the micro skills of Meracle he could turn this around, but we've never seen him do that kind of thing. Even if he could, Speed are not going to let him, they'll force the fights and he has to be there or they lose.

THey have keeper, he can always be there.

• Locked thread