Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

420DD Butts posted:

wasn't it just two years ago that he was a MLS wunderkind?

Runner up rookie of the year I think, and he got a dc tattoo so we like him well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
at least you know Olsen doesn't waste time raising your youth talent to the DC standard

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Korb drives me mad.

Edit oh hey a goal outta nowhere!!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I can't believe this.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

aesop jones posted:

I can't believe this.

I can.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Portland can't even beat DC lol

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

"Let's go!

See the Blazers!

Let's go!

See the Blazers!"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
it just amazes me how completely right please respond was about Porter

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Salazar isn't bad he's just remarkably inconsistent.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Portland has had like 3 chances at an open net and hosed them all up

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

420DD Butts posted:

it just amazes me how completely right please respond was about Porter

Thanks

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
My god, the unbeaten run continues as every team refuses to be better than DC United

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The problem is that the quality of your average MLS player vacillates so much that one year you get all this overproduction from a scrub like Nagbe, and the next year he just sucks. Portland is still saddled with Alhassan and Jewsbury and Harrington and the like who are all awful and a sprinkling of talent.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Santino is now making noises with his mouth to add emphasis to replays

"Look at that SWOOOOSH, aww mannnnn"

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

Salazar isn't bad he's just remarkably inconsistent.

inconsistent is bad.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Anyone who was not listening to the Portland commentary when Danso scored the own goal...well, I encourage you to watch the video when the Mothership puts it up.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

LOL that DC defending

Olsen Uber Alles, the streak continues on the road

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hahahaha this loving team

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
well at least Portland can rest assured that they're no longer the worst team in the league

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Bad teams bad red bad game

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Fire Olsen I'm gettin drunk

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

http://havethetimberswonamatchyet.com

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Ahaha, yessssss :slick:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

That thing is factually incorrect!

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
That game holy poo poo Timbers

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
The look on Merritt Paulson's face was amazing at full time. He's living the dream of owning an entertaining soccer team, win lose or tie.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Looking forward to Vaginal Culture's next take.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

porkface posted:

Looking forward to Vaginal Culture's next take.

The 2nd worst team in MLS just beat the worst team. Big deal lol

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

vaginal culture posted:

The 2nd worst team in MLS just beat the worst team. Big deal lol

Is that going to hold up through the rest of the season or are you just an opportunist?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

porkface posted:

Is that going to hold up through the rest of the season or are you just an opportunist?

What is my opportunity, oh yeah The Timbers hired an out of his depth NCAA idiot who has the team playing a miserable style that doesn't get results anymore and the majority of the fans don't know a single thing about the sport or hell, being outside, so they wouldn't know where to begin complaining.

So unless Porter does something that will anger the #RCTID clowns, like he misgenders a cartoon character on Twitter, or something, he can skate by for a few seasons with the worst fans in the world singing his name (to a song from a nintendo game)

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

vaginal culture posted:

What is my opportunity, oh yeah The Timbers hired an out of his depth NCAA idiot who has the team playing a miserable style that doesn't get results anymore and the majority of the fans don't know a single thing about the sport or hell, being outside, so they wouldn't know where to begin complaining.

So unless Porter does something that will anger the #RCTID clowns, like he misgenders a cartoon character on Twitter, or something, he can skate by for a few seasons with the worst fans in the world singing his name (to a song from a nintendo game)
Can you tell me, in terms of results, how this isn't considered a success?
2013 West
1 Portland Timbers (W1) 57 34 14 5 15 54 33 +21
2 Real Salt Lake 56 34 16 10 8 57 41 +16
3 LA Galaxy 53 34 15 11 8 53 38 +15

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Check a calendar bro it aint 2013 anymore

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

vaginal culture posted:

Check a calendar bro it aint 2013 anymore

So your recycled 2013 opinion isn't accountable to the table?

What i'm asking is will you still be low content posting in 2015? You're just a losing hedge fund poster.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The timbers are bad, please talk to me about sports, not posting or whatever i don't even know.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I'm just saying you have a lousy track record so maybe you should pump up your opinion posts with some actual content that people can measure.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

porkface posted:

I'm just saying you have a lousy track record so maybe you should pump up your opinion posts with some actual content that people can measure.

To be fair, the Timbers are toothless in attack and horseshit on set pieces, and they just beat a team that gets beat on counters constantly and gets paid exorbitant sums to back pass from the attacking third to the GK.

I'm hearing lots of What An Exciting Game and DC Showed Real Growth and what the gently caress are you talking about Quaranta. DC completely switched off in the very first and very last minutes, scored on a pair of deflections, and made me regret staying up on a Saturday night.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Badass red card, I'm glad Cahill got kicked in the nuts

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bullshit yellow for Henry.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dallas players are melting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

porkface posted:

Measure this

• Locked thread