Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I'm actually finding this match to be better than I remember, but maybe that's because I kind of like Ryback now and can appreciate some of his goofy rear end mannerisms. But knowing how this poo poo ends kind of preemptively wrecks it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
That Henry/Sheamus strap match would have been hilarious if they played it for laughs, but for some reason the announcers played it completely straight.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

How soon after the live airing will this go up on the Network? Gonna be tough for this card to beat out Mad Men and GoT...

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm actually finding this match to be better than I remember, but maybe that's because I kind of like Ryback now and can appreciate some of his goofy rear end mannerisms now. But knowing how this poo poo ends kind of preemptively wrecks it.

Oh, Ryback is putting in some work on this match and getting the match psychology on. It is just dragging, plus, Cena can't/won't sell for poo poo.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Mons Hubris posted:

How soon after the live airing will this go up on the Network? Gonna be tough for this card to beat out Mad Men and GoT...

I'm pretty sure it goes up right away.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Meat Recital posted:

That Henry/Sheamus strap match would have been hilarious if they played it for laughs, but for some reason the announcers played it completely straight.

Didn't get to watch that one. What happened there?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mons Hubris posted:

Wrestlemania was up within 10 minutes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mons Hubris posted:

Literally as soon as it's done if WM is any trend indication.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Oh nice, thanks.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mons Hubris posted:

gently caress i just remembered i still havent watched last weeks got, ive just gave up on it for some reason and dont care

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Valeyard posted:

gently caress i just remembered i still havent watched last weeks got, ive just gave up on it for some reason and dont care

cool

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Now the "Bray trying to bring out the monster in Cena" concept seems a little silly after seeing him brain Ryback with a fire extinguisher. And the year before that, hit Brock with a chain before AAing him on the steel stairs.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ryback's up first, Cena isn't. Ryback doesn't win because Cena.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Now the "Bray trying to bring out the monster in Cena" concept seems a little silly after seeing him brain Ryback with a fire extinguisher. And the year before that, hit Brock with a chain before AAing him on the steel stairs.

Or that time he AA'ed Edge off a ladder into two sets of tables.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

DeathChicken posted:

Cena would've been closer to Flair's record if Ryback won it and then Cena won it during Payback, so I'm cool with the no contest.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Mons Hubris posted:

Besides being available very shortly after, they are also doing a replay of it after the post-show.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

DeathChicken posted:

Did they really not reference that fact after? Cause if not and it went down as like a no contest that's loving stupid.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Commissar Ken posted:

Did they really not reference that fact after? Cause if not and it went down as like a no contest that's loving stupid.

I think Ryback complained about it and got a rematch.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hope i didn't just watch a man's career end on the livestream

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I actually thought their last man standing match was totally fine, it just had the worst decision

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Valeyard posted:

for someone that hates reading the bad opinions of others so much you sure do post enough of your own

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Or that time he AA'ed Edge off a ladder into two sets of tables.

Or that time he choked Umaga out with the ring ropes while covered in blood and screaming.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Saint Jimmy posted:

Anyone know why wwe tends to book shows at Izod instead of Prudential Center? Just wondering.
More seats, closer to NYC/higher ticket prices, probably better airport access.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Or that time he choked Umaga out with the ring ropes while covered in blood and screaming.

The thing with all that stuff? Within the confines and rules of the match.

What you should be bringing up? whenever he assaults opponents after they've "quit" in I Quit matches. like the AA to Batista. In fact, I would have liked Bray to bring up all this hypocrisy since we're going into ER said it a million times "You claim there's no monster, but he comes out each and every time you're in that environment John. The only thing that stopped you at Wrestlemania was the rules, and when those rules go away, you're just as vicious and ruthless as me. We're all monsters in the dark John." cue highlight reel of Cena's brutal moments.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
john cena's history is whatever he tells you it is

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How is the WEELC match not on the main card? Lame.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Yeah, put Rusev's rear end in the pre-show. No one gives a poo poo about that match.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How is the WEELC match not on the main card? Lame.
If you don't buy the Network you don't get El Torito.
They know what they're doing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

If you don't buy the Network you don't get El Torito.
They know what they're doing.

:lol:

Fair point

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The only reason I have the Network stream on this early is because gently caress if I'm going to risk missing the WeeLC match.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Require More Fire posted:

The only reason I have the Network stream on this early is because gently caress if I'm going to risk missing the WeeLC match.

Same, but as a newb I really enjoyed seeing Heyman eat a pedigree.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

mclast posted:

As another newb, that was pretty rad, yeah.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Pretty excited, even if it does look like a step down from Mania.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

mclast posted:

As a not-so-newb I thought it was great, especially since he sold it better than a lot of guys have.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Diabolik900 posted:

But you can see that HIDEOUS 40 FOOT SOLID STEEL CAGE hanging up there! The DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Diabolik900 posted:

Most B PPVs are just re-skins of Raw so this is pretty cool.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Diabolik900 posted:

that is a weird looking setup for the floor, it seems tiny, but looking at this photo makes me want to be there

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm really excited for this show, for some reason or another.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Mukaikubo posted:

As another newb, that was pretty rad, yeah.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

As a not-so-newb I thought it was great, especially since he sold it better than a lot of guys have.

Heck yes yall. Didn't mind Heyman punching HHH in the balls either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ryder exists!