Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'll pick up my PS4 tomorrow morning along with The Show, I'll post when that's complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

In like Flynn!

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I have acquired a PS4 and the show. I am also really, really bad at locating curveballs. Both important.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm away from home and don't have my vita so all invites etc will have to wait till Sunday night.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Rest of league invites have been sent.

Sooner these last 5 people accept the sooner we start.

Either sign up or :justpost: in the thread with what the hold up is. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow night one way or the other I'll start going to the wait list.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 11, 2014

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
My internet has made playing online a non-option. Looks like you can give my team to someone else.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I just bought PS+ so I can finally play goon baseball, PSN is Monicro. Sorry for the wait :shobon:

e: oh how do I accept invites?

Monicro fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 11, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Kakesu, you got dibs on the A's. Invite sent.

Last 4 invites are out. Once everybody accepts we'll get underway. With any luck we can start tonight.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 11, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Still looking for a SS.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Kakesu, you got dibs on the A's. Invite sent.

Last 4 invites are out. Once everybody accepts we'll get underway. With any luck we can start tonight.

I believe you can start franchises that are still waiting on owners. I saw it on reddit I think.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I believe you can start franchises that are still waiting on owners. I saw it on reddit I think.

I *think* that involves setting teams to CPU and then adding the human players after the fact. I don't think another 10-12 hours will be that big a deal. Obviously I won't let one person hold the whole thing up but I'll give the 4 remaining at least until tomorrow.

Game has not been out even a week.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 12, 2014

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I haven't played online yet, anyone want to play me right now so I know for sure that the online league won't be a problem for me?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sure. Sent you a challenge. Press the touchpad button in the main menu to see it.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

davecrazy posted:

I *think* that involves setting teams to CPU and then adding the human players after the fact. I don't think another 10-12 hours will be that big a deal. Obviously I won't let one person hold the whole thing up but I'll give the 4 remaining at least until tomorrow.

Game has not been out even a week.

I'd accept the invite but I dunno how :saddowns:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Again, for best results use an Ethernet cable, not wifi with the ps4.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Could you throw me on the waiting list if you're full?

Fluo
PSN: Fluoes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Monicro posted:

I'd accept the invite but I dunno how :saddowns:

Go to online franchises there is a tab for invites.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

I haven't played online yet, anyone want to play me right now so I know for sure that the online league won't be a problem for me?

Good game. Mets bullpen blows it when it's a tight game? While I never!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

If anyone wants a game I'll be on. PSN: iamtehgreatest

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Good game. Mets bullpen blows it when it's a tight game? While I never!

Tigers bullpen is almost as bad. And even though I didn't score off of Valverde I was rightfully mashing power swing against him. Good game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Pending invites:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

Tigers bullpen is almost as bad. And even though I didn't score off of Valverde I was rightfully mashing power swing against him. Good game.

Albuquerque loving rocked me. I don't remember who was at bat with the 3-2 count in the 8th but that slider to end the inning was absolutely filthy.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Davecrazy, because of the bad postage I should have it in 3-5 days. If full by then Love to be on reserve incase of dropouts. :)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ugh, only two people left to accept their invites.

Fluo posted:

Davecrazy, because of the bad postage I should have it in 3-5 days. If full by then Love to be on reserve incase of dropouts. :)

I added you to the list in the OP. I have no problem adding you if we get a free spot, but I am concerned how playable games will be cross-Atlantic.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 12, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Ugh, only two people left to accept their invites.

I added you to the list in the OP. I have no problem adding you if we get a free spot, but I am concerned how playable games will be cross-Atlantic.

Completely understandable, if it makes any difference I don't use wireless and 152mb Fiber ops (on peak hours 124mb, average 24hour speed aroud 143mb). However I have been hearing that for some reason MBL is having problems really bad connection problems in general with people. So no sweat man! :)

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I have decided to announce to the thread that Paul Goldschmidt will mash all of your changeups. Now that you have all been warned there can be no sadness when it happens.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I have decided to announce to the thread that Paul Goldschmidt will mash all of your changeups. Now that you have all been warned there can be no sadness when it happens.

He can't mash a changeup that's mashing him in the side. :colbert:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So what is the plan for playing games once we start, will we have a schedule or is it just a free for all?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

So what is the plan for playing games once we start, will we have a schedule or is it just a free for all?

It's an open schedule, so just play who you can when you can.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I sent an invite to everybody on the waitlist for the last spot. If nobody reponds by the end of the night I'll set the A's to CPU and start everything and see if I can add a human player after the fact.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

I just saw the PM about it (was busy all day yesterday with Mother's Day stuff) and will accept as soon as I get home from work.

Edit: Accepted. Let the games begin!

Kakesu fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 13, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Please someone accept. I don't want to be in a division with one CPU team. You'll also get a little of this!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Were at the mercy of the show servers to go live.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We are live and the schedule makes no sense at all. It's 3 game series for some reason and you only play two teams in your own division.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

We are live and the schedule makes no sense at all. It's 3 game series for some reason and you only play two teams in your own division.

Whatevs. Baseball.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

This should be live too: http://theshownation.com/franchises/40024

You might have to log into the site with your PSN.

Anyways, go play games.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So does it show when someone is online and you can play them? Yeah this schedule is kind of jacked, I play the Pirates 6 times.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

I have 4 divisional series and playing the Mariners twice.

The teams I play are SEA (6 gms), HOU (3 gms), NYM (3 gms), and OAK (2 gms). I am available week nights after 8PM PDT and anytime on the weekends usually.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It breaks my mind trying to figure out how this was generated. You should play everybody in your division once or twice with a few random games to balance out the rest. This is just loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

As I'm looking at the schedule for the Jays I notice it is the exact same way they started the real life season. So, I'm guessing that's how it was generated and it's the same as the real life one for every team.

Also loving this OS roster with Marcus Stroman as an 83 OVR 22 year old when he's only pitched 5 innings in the majors.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 13, 2014

• Locked thread