Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Apparently the Packers have a very different board than everyone else in the universe because yeowch those third round picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Roasted Donut posted:

Also poor loving Allen Robinson. Of all the teams to draft him, the loving jaguars.
Jaguars offense is gonna own bro

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Well, I guess going in to tomorrow the STeelers are in desperate need of probably two CBs, a WR, and an OLB of some sort. An OT might be good for depth purposes also. I guess Jaylen Watkins and Ross Cockrell would be nice. Maybe Bruce Ellington or something. At some point they're 100% going to draft Shaquille Barret from CSU it's just a matter of when

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Unfortunately, your starting QB is Matt Schaub

Funny how the Raiders ended up with all the Texan's quarterbacks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sweeney Tom posted:

For better or worse, I'm looking forward to the season finale with Cleveland a lot more than I was when it first popped up on the schedule.

True. I think we are due for another interesting season. I should be content if Flacco isn't holding the shattered pieces of his clavicle by the end of it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Probably Magic posted:

Funny how the Raiders ended up with all the Texan's quarterbacks.

Keenum for McGloin, straight up. It'll be like Baldwin for Jenkins except UFA's instead of 1st rounders. Maybe they just need a change of scenery.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Keenum for McGloin, straight up. It'll be like Baldwin for Jenkins except UFA's instead of 1st rounders. Maybe they just need a change of scenery.

I love poop for fart trades and wish more of them happened.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm v. nervous about the QB situation now. When they went whatever his name is the TE in the third I thought ok maybe we can get Mettenberger or McCarron in the 4th (ugh to McCarron) but nope traded up for the guy I wanted instead of the TE and now who knows how QB will shake up. Mallett? Ugh

The Texans defense has the potential to be nasty though

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Well, still pissed about dumping Stevie, but let's talk about players the Bills drafted this year. Cyrus Kouandjio could be a good pick, IF his knee holds up, and the consensus there seems pessimistic. We really, badly need an upgrade at RT, but he won't do much good if he ends up on IR. On the bright side, he seems like he could do some good if healthy, it just seems like a big risk to take in the second.
I don't know much about Preston Brown, but ILB was a good position to address. Apparently, we're going to be playing Manny Lawson at DE(Whaley and Marrone must've fired up an old copy of Madden), which means our linebacking corp is Alonso-Spikes/Brown-Hughes.

The reoccurence of an MCL/ACL injury might've already happened. He's being playing on the repaired knee for 2 years now, he's a good OT and we managed to go back and still get him. Word was if he was gone the Bills would've gone best RB available. The additional ILB is also good even if we added Rivers/Spikes to the list in FA.
Hoping for a CB or TE on day 3 now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I'm v. nervous about the QB situation now. When they went whatever his name is the TE in the third I thought ok maybe we can get Mettenberger or McCarron in the 4th (ugh to McCarron) but nope traded up for the guy I wanted instead of the TE and now who knows how QB will shake up. Mallett? Ugh

The Texans defense has the potential to be nasty though

I still think you guys should roll with Keenum this year and see what O'Brien can do with him. It probably won't work but that's fine, it isn't like you're drafting (or trading for) anyone terribly exciting this year.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shiksa posted:

I like the Redskins drafting o-line help, they definitely need it. I'm pretty sure they traded down the second Houston picked the guy from UCLA, which is perfectly okay with me. Trent Murphy basically says that Orakpo's gone after this year, which sucks, but it's good to know they're thinking ahead at least.

He's a reach as a 2nd rounder but its hard to argue against his production last season. It also makes sense in the short term since Orakpo has had issues with injuries in the past.

No idea who the dude from Nebraska is but thank gently caress they're finally getting guys that look like actual lineman and not Zone Blocking Scheme fits.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I still think you guys should roll with Keenum this year and see what O'Brien can do with him. It probably won't work but that's fine, it isn't like you're drafting (or trading for) anyone terribly exciting this year.

At this point I'd rather just roll with Keenum/Fitzpatrick than any non-Mettenberger QB and if it fails, hey the QB class next year looks nice

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm pretty happy with the Packers draft. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix should be a beast. I wish they would've been able to get Jace Amaro, but it was not to be. Richard Rodgers seems solid though.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't really like the Carr pick (especially given the other talent available) but maybe he'll be awesome after some bench time. I approve of Jackson.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was really pissed when the Patriots took Garropolo because a) I thought he would be a good 3.1 pick and b) I assumed at the time it would be shortly followed by a trade announcement of Mallett to the Texans

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

All I hope is that someone drafts Kain Colter.

e: in the NFL

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

JT Jag posted:

abort abort

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

abortle abortle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The regular season will start, and I will still be laughing about Blake Bortles getting drafted number 3 overall.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JT Jag posted:

Jags/Browns AFCC

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sweeney Tom posted:

The regular season will start, and I will still be laughing about Blake Bortles getting drafted number 3 overall.

In a few years, we'll all be laughing about how someone once drafted a person named Blake Bortles. Or, the best quarterback in the NFL is named Blake Bortles. I can't decide which possibility is funnier.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

In a few years, we'll all be laughing about how someone once drafted a person named Blake Bortles. Or, the best quarterback in the NFL is named Blake Bortles. I can't decide which possibility is funnier.

I'm hoping we're marveling at the fact that the Jags drafted two Blaine Gabberts in a row

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Only Packers pick I'm wary of so far is Thornton. Love Ha-Ha, like Adams and Rodgers.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'd almost rather everyone be laughing about that for years to come than Meester actually wearing a camo tux to announce a draft pick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm hoping we're marveling at the fact that the Jags drafted two Blaine Gabberts in a row

And it was two different owners and front offices. They came in after the Gabbert disaster and said we can't run a team like this, we're going to turn it around and be owned by a cool guy with an awesome mustache and then all of a sudden they just bortle out on everyone.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey SA2K your first round rookie did that thing where they wear Raiders stuff again. This one even got his girl in on the action. Must be trying to mooch on some of that Keenan Allen success.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Roasted Donut posted:

Well, I guess going in to tomorrow the STeelers are in desperate need of probably two CBs, a WR, and an OLB of some sort. An OT might be good for depth purposes also. I guess Jaylen Watkins and Ross Cockrell would be nice. Maybe Bruce Ellington or something. At some point they're 100% going to draft Shaquille Barret from CSU it's just a matter of when

I'm so glad the Steelers are back to draft linebacker in every round mode, it reminds of when they were winning, as opposed to the endless lineman drafts that are now like a memory of a bad feeling

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Even though I don't like Bortles, I feel like Gus Bradley is doing things the right way and as long as they give him all the time he needs, Jacksonville can eventually become the top team in that division. Not this year, of course, and I think they'll end up in a good spot in the draft next year. But I think they're doing their rebuilding well, if the plan is to sit Bortles this season, and allow Lee time to rehab his knee. Not throwing Bortles into the fire the way Gabbert was. Going into 2015 with a chance to work on the offensive line and the defense. I like the direction.

The Texans will have the best defense, of course, but that's the only positive they get. The Colts are a really, really poorly put together team, and Luck would be better off leaving as soon as he can. I mean for right now the Colts will win that division by default, but they are a 5-11 team with an average quarterback. And Luck grinding them up to 9-10 wins by himself, if he can even do that when Wayne retires and Hilton is the only proven player on offense, is only gonna keep that GM/HC/OC structure in place. Uh that and their lovely loving owner.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 10, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

xeria posted:

I'd almost rather everyone be laughing about that for years to come than Meester actually wearing a camo tux to announce a draft pick.

Twice.

Level1Wizard
Aug 10, 2010
Which FSU games would be good to watch, that premier the Ravens' newly drafted 2nd and 3rd round picks? Grittybeard suggested Auburn and Clemson. I'm maybe feeling over-positive but want to see more live action.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Volkerball posted:

It's funny that Nevada couldn't make Carr pay at all with that stupid like clap-snap thing they do. Everyone starts running forward like .5 second before the ball is snapped. Lol.

That's because UNR is a team full of losers!

That clap thing is really distracting though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Level1Wizard posted:

Which FSU games would be good to watch, that premier the Ravens' newly drafted 2nd and 3rd round picks? Grittybeard suggested Auburn and Clemson. I'm maybe feeling over-positive but want to see more live action.

Those were picked out of a hat by the way, I don't specifically remember Jernigan or Brooks in those games. Auburn because it was pretty awesome, Clemson because they played against Watkins and Brandon Thomas (although I don't know if he ever blocked either). And Boyd I guess.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Level1Wizard posted:

Don't bother watching the entire games if you're just interested in those players.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/terrence-brooks

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/timmy-jernigan

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mettenburger sucks and you shouldn't look forward to drafting him.

I like the Texans so far even the TE. If we woulda traded up in the second for Bridgewater...

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

shiksa posted:

I like the Redskins drafting o-line help, they definitely need it. I'm pretty sure they traded down the second Houston picked the guy from UCLA, which is perfectly okay with me. Trent Murphy basically says that Orakpo's gone after this year, which sucks, but it's good to know they're thinking ahead at least.

It doesn't suck. Orakpo thinks he is a superstar and wants to be paid like a superstar, but he just ain't one. There was no way the Skins were going to keep him.

Murphy may not have orakpos signature rip move (his only loving move) but he has hands like meat hooks and doesn't miss tackles. He's going to be fine for us.

What I don't understand is why we grabbed the Nebraska dude with the shredded knee.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Level1Wizard posted:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/14/5465948/timmy-jernigan-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report

That is a really good and thorough write on Jernigan.

The Auburn game really highlight's Jernigan as there were quarters that he just took over. I can't think of a specific game for Brooks but he and Joyner are all over the place in that defense. You can watch whatever college games you want through https://noonkick.com
Specifically Florida State games can be found here

Also, https://draftbreakdown.com is a great source for any players you want to watch tape on.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Mettenburger sucks and you shouldn't look forward to drafting him.

I like the Texans so far even the TE. If we woulda traded up in the second for Bridgewater...

Then we wouldn't have Sua-Filo who I'm thrilled about

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

I more or less agree; Jacksonville feels like they could slowly become a monster of a team, given enough time. At the same time, locking up Watt for the duration of Clowney's rookie contract is going to be a terror of a defensive line, especially if Nix becomes the Wilforkian 2-gapping Nose that everyone believes he can become. Whether QB is addressed long-term in this draft or the next (or Fitzgerald goes all Rich Gannon on us) is really going to be the deciding factor, as well as when Andre decides to retire.

I don't know whether I should consider Tennessee the wild card in all this; they've got even more questions and vagarity on offense than Houston, but ignoring them is just asking for trouble.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh man, I forgot about Sua'Filo. Being the worst team in the league really does have benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Then we wouldn't have Sua-Filo who I'm thrilled about

If the 49ers can do weird draft magic trade poo poo than we should be able too :colbert:

Seriously, without Garappolo I don't know where the Texans go. I've got a weird attraction to Murray but it's not really rational. Definitely not McCarron, Mettenburger is poo poo. Like are we really gonna be stuck with Tom Savage?

• Locked thread