Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Propaganda Machine posted:

Fan favorite designer is rushed to the hospital with an extreme allergic reaction.

Brings dress and sews furiously while in the ER.

I think they had someone go to the ER once and she came back and designed a dress inspired by the hospital curtains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Ima Giraffe posted:

Hello designers
This week we thought you could use some company so the workroom has been filled with 50 kittens. You are to make cat hair friendly evening wear for todays modern cat lady. That's not all. For the safety of your new officemates there will be no sewing machines and no irons.
byyyyeeeeee

I would so watch this!

one sexy loser
Dec 10, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Thanks to some nasty health stuff I'm outta the country and living in the city now, and this little barn sweetie moved in a few months ago and has dominated the whole place.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3284277&userid=49655&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 This thread of yours will remain far more entertaining than any episode of stupid PR. Are Chalmers and Vanessa and Spaghetti all doing ok? The new kitten is ridiculously adorable too.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I-uh feel that-uh Charketa was right-uh to go home-uh for her-uh model's massive florescent-uh fabric boner but-uh Sandhya-uh remains the worst-uh

uh

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Was the drama of this episode that Amanda is sad? Seriously? Who the hell likes Amanda's designs anyway? She and Sandhya can both go now.

Fashion gods be praised, Dita is here!
… and another Blogger that isn't Tom & Lorenzo judging? No, this will not do. I-ah think her-ah accent is-ah fake-ah. It-ah has to be-ah.

Winner
Sean

It's slick. I love it but Kini did finish the top for him and did a kick-rear end look himself. Kini should have won this. Anyone else a little freaked out by how tiny this model's ankles are?

Kini

Look at all that work. Beautiful. Robbed.

The Middle
Emily

Stevie Nicks halloween costume. Just add tambourine.

Fade

It's a short, tight dress. The fabric treatment is the only thing keeping stout of Forever 21 but in to bebe. Heidi thinks it should be sexier, of course.

Amanda

It's another Amanda look. It's still very 90's but I kinda like it.

Korina

This looks like poo poo. The jacket is boxy, loose and uneven. It's a look an average student does in a high school home-ec. class

Bottom
Alexander

Samantha

The lace and appliqué is so hosed out.

Sandhya

:stonk:

Out
Char

It's a tortured baby doll rendered in an gaudy color that no one will look good in

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Lord that blogger's accent got under my skin.

one sexy loser posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3284277&userid=49655&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 This thread of yours will remain far more entertaining than any episode of stupid PR. Are Chalmers and Vanessa and Spaghetti all doing ok? The new kitten is ridiculously adorable too.

Sadly, Vanessa passed more than a year ago, and she took a little bit of me with her when she went. I still think about her every day, she was a very special cat.

Chalmers weighs as much as a small sedan and Spaghetti is mostly aloof since Karate Slut moved in.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Wtf. Kini was robbed big time.

That Amanda drama was mostly just really loving awkward.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I yelled out no when Sandhya said citrus yellow and Char agreed with it. It was over for Char before she did anything.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Holy crap, Alexander's and both of team yellow's were so loving bad. I liked Fade's, and for once Amanda's.

I really wish Korina was gone. She kind of creeps me out in a Batman villain sort of way and she really should've been auf'd last week anyway.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, short of construction issues, lime green and orange could have saved the color story.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

To be fair, short of construction issues, lime green and orange could have saved the color story.
I think you may be right with the right orange - like a melon so your eyes can rest

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

As generally lovely as I think Alexander's been this season, he nailed the top of Sandhya's with the chewed-up corncob comparison. Char did way worse though, yikes.

Fade finally in the top, yay. Kini should have said he did the shirt if he wanted credit for it, but he should have won on his dress alone. Whatever, not like he'd go next week without getting a Tim Gunn save.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Did anyone else kind of get excited about the prospect of Sandhya making something using bright and bold colors only to be disappointed with that mess of a dress? I mean, what the hell? Indian wedding outfits are so ornate and use a lot of beautiful color, and they decide to go with Big Bird yellow?

I also loved Fade's dress. I really think he's one of the contestants that is underrated and I hope he gets to show us more.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
fäde reminds me a lot of Dimitri.

Given PR standards of the last few seasons, this is quite good!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Power of Pecota posted:

As generally lovely as I think Alexander's been this season, he nailed the top of Sandhya's with the chewed-up corncob comparison.

I was thinking "neon macrame corset" personally

fäde reminds me a lot of Dimitri.

Given PR standards of the last few seasons, this is quite good!

Agreed, and in the best way. We can hope!

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Not Today Satan posted:

Did anyone else kind of get excited about the prospect of Sandhya making something using bright and bold colors only to be disappointed with that mess of a dress? I mean, what the hell? Indian wedding outfits are so ornate and use a lot of beautiful color, and they decide to go with Big Bird yellow?

I really thought the challenge was made for her. After all, everything she's made so far has shown off her background, this should have been hers and her colour choice blew it. As did all the other elements of her dress. And I know Kini has impressed with his speed, but I can't see that he has any imagination. Take a frilly shirt, throw on a top hat and his dress is 19th century riding gear. The cape shirt that he made looked well made, but ultimately the design was alternative office apparel. For a challenge that should have been about nothing but creativity and fun, there sure were some dreary clothes out there and the dreariest won. Not that any of the others deserved to win. Dumb time limits lead to poor work.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stuck on phone - who were the top/bottom 3?

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Top 3: Korina, Amanda, and Sean

Bottom 3: Kini, Samantha, and Alexander.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Next week's challenge looks really fun and fresh. I don't think they've done anything like that before.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
How the HELL did Amanda end up in the top with that ugly, flimsy thing? She really can do whatever she wants this season and the judges will eat it up. Combined with the screen time she's been getting since the first episode it almost seems dubious.

Really glad that Korinna got the win. There's something I didn't think I'd ever say after the last couple of weeks. But her coat looked really expensive and clearly stood out from all the designs.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Last night's episode was horse poo poo. I like Char as a person, but as a designer it was time for her to go. Amanda should have gone home for that hot mess. I don't like Korina winning either, but that's more because I'm so done with her that I don't like looking at her.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Did anyone catch that horrible smug look when Zac asked "Oh was there a jewel" during Alexander's critique. Oh man, I mean I 'm not a huge fan of Alexander but I just wanted to slap that look right off his face.

RE: Samantha being auf'd, I'm "meh." She's been such a nonentity in this competition. I'm fine with Korina with the win, too. I liked that the necklace was almost like a bolo tie and she played it up with that fabric. Also, good for her for figuring out how to do red carpet her way.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Another pretty dress challenge and it's 1 day again. I'm amazed anything gets done.

Winner
Korina

I'm not in love with the coat pattern, but it's pretty fabulous. I can see Iman to Helen Mirren wearing this

Sean

well done. There was a lot of jewels there, he had to go simple and classic to not fight with it all. It kinda does look like a jewelry box liner

Amanda

SWEET BABY JESUS! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU JUDGES?!?!
How is Zach Posen the voice of reason?

The Middle
Fade

Simple and fun.
The back is weird

Sandhya

It'a a cocktail dress with a killer cocktail ring

Char

Bridal.

Emily

I don't like 2 tiered skirts, but it's well made

Bottom
Kini

Hate the sheer skirt over the poorly made hoochy dress.

Alexander

It looks good from afar. The complaint that they couldn't quite see the jewel is moot since they couldn't touch the necklace to test out the neckline. It was unfinished and a bit messy.

Out
Samantha

This is a first attempt at an evening gown.

In Spoiler News: the 9 remaining contestants showed at fashion week today and Tom & Lorenzo have the collections. They do not say who the finalists are. They are simply in alphabetical order, no commentary.
Lets use spoiler tags to discuss anything specific about the collections.
For example: I hate Emily's makeup choice because their faces are sunburned on two sides and blue eyeshadow belongs in 1989

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Tupping Liberty posted:

Did anyone catch that horrible smug look when Zac asked "Oh was there a jewel" during Alexander's critique. Oh man, I mean I 'm not a huge fan of Alexander but I just wanted to slap that look right off his face.
He was so goddamn proud of himself. Great editing. I'm glade it made it on air.

DominoDancing posted:

How the HELL did Amanda end up in the top with that ugly, flimsy thing? She really can do whatever she wants this season and the judges will eat it up. Combined with the screen time she's been getting since the first episode it almost seems dubious.
Our pet theory is that it'd make the producers look foolish if the great designer they brought back went out early. I think she'll be on the chopping block soon now.

I didn't love Korina's dress; I felt like she was wearing a smoking jacket. That didn't feel very gala to me, he says, pretending themes matter. (Were there enough inspirations for this one, btw?)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ima Giraffe posted:

In Spoiler News: the 9 remaining contestants showed at fashion week today and Tom & Lorenzo have the collections. They do not say who the finalists are. They are simply in alphabetical order, no commentary.
For example: I hate Emily's makeup choice because their faces are sunburned on two sides and blue eyeshadow belongs in 1989

Are giant words on dresses a thing now? Seems like half the designers used them. Plus, these are some of the oddest looking models I've ever seen, especially Alexander's.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
The best editing reaction was of Sean being completely befuddled and mildly angry at the judges appreciation of Amanda's look.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Amanda's look was horrible. It didn't read gala to me at all and that sheer dress thing looked like poo poo.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Zachs smugging after his necklace zing was amazing and gif-worthy.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Noah posted:

The best editing reaction was of Sean being completely befuddled and mildly angry at the judges appreciation of Amanda's look.

That was hilarious. I'm glad Sean didn't win a third time in a row.

Edit: Finale runway reactions:

Sandhya I really like the Bomb Explosion piece, some of the other ones are pretty strange though. Like, they look incomplete. But especially the bomb top, that's fun.

Overall, I like Char's collection the best.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 6, 2014

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I actually think these collections are a step up from what we got the last couple of seasons. Whether they simply had more time or there is more talent there I don't know, but a couple of them are really distinctive. Nearly all of them have pieces that I like.
I'm obviously rooting for my German homeboy Fäde to win, but even a Sandhya win would be okay given those final collections.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Ima Giraffe posted:

Wow those fashion week models look like aliens and drug addicts this year. Such weird makeup choices too.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.
Yeah...about that upcoming fashion show:
Kini, what the hell is this?! Your model is wearing a giant cape and underwear, like a superhero going to the opera.

I did, however, LOVE Fade's collection and would personally wear every piece.

(edited to hide the hideous, hideous spoilerage)

Prof. Moriarty fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 8, 2014

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Noah posted:

This was quite possibly my favorite part of the whole episode. That and when Tim Gunn got emotional. I can't help but follow suit when he does, even if I didn't really care much for Char. Just seeing him get watery-eyed was super contagious.

Kekekela posted:

Zachs smugging after his necklace zing was amazing and gif-worthy.

That smug look.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
i did a thing

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

PFlats posted:

i did a thing

:laugh:
I'm crying right now.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

PFlats posted:

i did a thing

This is going in the OP… amazing… should have sent a poet

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

PFlats posted:

i did a thing

GOLD!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
After watching that gif about 100 times while trying to decide if I want to re-do the timing on the last frame:

Check out Nina's feet.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

PFlats posted:

After watching that gif about 100 times while trying to decide if I want to re-do the timing on the last frame:

Check out Nina's feet.

The boot brace thing? They called attention to it in the episode. I suppose she got injured somehow before they filmed the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

PFlats posted:

i did a thing

• Locked thread