Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clearly the spirit of the player is absorbed when the player nation is annexed. We must continue on as Portugal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

GSD posted:

Clearly the spirit of the player is absorbed when the player nation is annexed. We must continue on as Portugal.

That's...not a terrible idea, given that I really like how this world was turning out.

Vote:

A. New Zulu round, we keep doing this until we get it right.
B. GSD's proposal, take over Portugal. I have a save two weeks before annexation. This is maximum thread title irony option. Remember that, because we annexed the Oranje Vrijstaat just before we ourselves fell, Portugal has that land as well.
C. Do something else. Note that if C wins, who we play next is at my discretion.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
A

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

C

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
C

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Might as well vote B then, just to see a mega Prussia dominate Europe. Plus Portugal sounds like an interesting contrast to more 'normal' European starts.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

A. Let's just keep trying, eventually it'll have to work out.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I vote maximum irony: B

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Have you SEEN the thread title? A

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

B. Because I've never seen AI Portugal make anything of themselves and it seems like they're in a really good position to do so if competently played.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Finally you can play Bolivia instead. :smug:

Edit: Also, C.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I think an LP with B as the gimmick would be really cool, but let's C where else history takes us in this LP.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
A

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B

Because this world is too interesting to give up on.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A

Preid
May 22, 2014
I think you should give A another shot or two. Any chance you could salvage the world by using a previous save?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
B, for maximum thread title irony.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

If you do C, are you going to keep the world and take control of a new country, or scrap the world and start over (just not as Zulu)?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

C

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A

Once more, with feeling!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A

It's like Groundhog day, but with a lot more suffering.

Phanos
Jul 24, 2006
So who made the sandwiches?
I'm going to go with B. Portugal is as about as challenging as some uncivs in regards to trying to keep it from becoming a puppet of another European power.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

A. The show must go on (anew)!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Akratic Method posted:

If you do C, are you going to keep the world and take control of a new country, or scrap the world and start over (just not as Zulu)?

The latter.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
B

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

B and then afterwards retry the Zulu until they get it right.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

A. We are going to establish the Great Zulu Empire!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
A That was a little short. I'd like to see it last a little longer before we do something else.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
C seems interesting.

kongurous
May 22, 2010
Do C

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
While A is probably the most interesting for the thread, I'd like to see side updates with the world of B. Would it be possible for you to take over some country that isn't going to be assimilated, but won't have much of an impact on world events, and just see what unfolds from that mess?

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
A

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

FredMSloniker posted:

While A is probably the most interesting for the thread, I'd like to see side updates with the world of B. Would it be possible for you to take over some country that isn't going to be assimilated, but won't have much of an impact on world events, and just see what unfolds from that mess?

Load over to Haiti, release the Dominican Republic (to reduce your country to one province and make it easier to do nothing because less events), punch "debug fow" into the console so you can get a better look at things, and there you go. That's pretty much my standard setup for observer games, and it works pretty well.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
C

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

FredMSloniker posted:

I'd be willing to do that as long as the world remained interesting, but I'm concerned that it'd get confusing.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
B
Cut off one head, and two more will take its place.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A

ZULU DAMNIT

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU