Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Top Scorer: Bojan
Difference: 7 goals
Bojan goals: 9 goals
Jozy goals: 2 goals

goals goals goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

The Big Taff Man posted:

I cant come up with my Jozy number

Go with history and predict 1

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This is Jozy's year. 8 (eight) T90 net-rippers.

That Bojan twink will score the same number as he scored in Holland - 4 (just four).

4 goals difference imo.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jozy 2 - 8 Bojan

Jean Pony
Nov 27, 2007

Top Scorer: Tie
Difference: 0
Bojan goals: 5
Jozy goals: 5

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Difference: 3
Bojan goals: 6
Jozy goals: 3

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I can feel it in my bones. This is Jozy's season to shine (as much as anything ever does shine up north).

Difference: 5
Bojan goals: 9
Jozy goals: 4

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Difference: 11
Bojan goals: 13
Jozy goals: 2

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Difference: 5
Jozy goals: 1

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
nvm

Dunban fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 15, 2014

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Difference: 10
Bojan Goals: 12
Jozy Goals: 2

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bojan will score 11 goals. Jozy will score 0

Therefore, Bojan will win by a difference of 11

JGKing
Dec 26, 2012

What has happened to this company?!
Difference: 9
Bojan Goals: 9
Jozy Goals: 0

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Difference: 6
Bojan will score 7 goals
Jozy will score 1 goals

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jozy thread huh?

quote:

I watched a lot of bad SAFC ball last season and they just want to make JA the escape goat. Up until Wickham ran into a hot patch they didn't have a forward worth the name. I saw JA play a lot of nice balls looking for the 1-2 only to see one of the Italians boot it into the stands.

quote:

Jozy will get his chances, if not because of injuries then because Sunderland are garbage and won't be able to score. Moreover, the pressure's off him now. Everyone's written him off and they don't expect anything. In that sense, it's a better position to be in than last year.

I wish I knew what he was thinking when he decided on this move, though.

JOZY IS BACK

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Escape Goat

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mmmmm, yeah, I missed having Americans blame Italian footballers for failing to fit in with Jozy's silky smooth football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Praise be to JA

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Jozy thread huh?

JOZY IS BACK

It's good to get a fix again.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Difference: 4
Jozy goals: 2

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Countdown until Jozy blows out another hamstring trying to run down a ball: 3 days

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I bet the Sunderland players are thrilled to have someone like jozy, who played* at the world cup finals in their team for this new season.

*lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Top scorer Bojan
Difference 5 goals
Bojan 7 goals
Jozy 2 goals

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I bet the Sunderland players are thrilled to have someone like jozy, who played* at the world cup finals in their team for this new season.

*lol

He played twenty minutes more than billions of other people, he must be good

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Jozy 5
Bojan 3
Jozy +2
Jozy > Bojan

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Gigi Galli posted:

The Escape Goat

Don't tease. Maybe the poster that posted that is Spanish

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods

Gigi Galli posted:

The Escape Goat

Mods...!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Jozy 6
Bojan 5

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

:stare:

quote:

Jozy should be playing Champions League, not Championship. You are undervaluing our guy here…Had Jozy not gotten hurt he was primed for a big World Cup. Klinsmann basically created that team for Jozy’s power forward skillset. Like most of the USMNT players, their stock is up after this World Cup, and I would assume, Jozy’s would have been up too had he been able to play. No more loans for Jozy. Poyet would be smart to build his team around Jozy just like Klinsmann attempted to do. And in my opinion, Klinsmann was right. Jozy would have destroyed Portgual’ s central defense and would have definitely opened things up for us against Belgium. Sorry, at this stage of his career, Jozy is too good for Championship or MLS for that matter…

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Since it's goal differential that matters...

Golden Boot winner Jozy Altidore: 21
Bojan continues his rampant preseason form (three goals in friendlies! phwoar!): 18
Jozy +3

If this somehow came true I've become a wizard and am taking requests on what part of reality to warp next.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

The rationalisations are getting increasingly post-modern

All those stats really prove is that Chicharito has had a better goal scoring record in the past. I'm not arguing that, but goal scoring isn't everything for a CF and both players aren't performing anywhere near the level that they have in the past. Three or four years ago, the answer would have definitely been Chicharito is the better CF. He was definitely the best striker in CONCACAF. Two years ago, I would have said that Altidore was better than Chicharito because he had just come off a season where he scored over 30 goals for his club team and he had a great summer with the US National Team scoring seven goals including three on the road to beat Bosnia. He was definitely the best striker in CONCACAF at that point. Both really struggled last season. Is 4 league goals so much better than 1 league goal? Both totals are way below what each fan base expected from their striker. Use that if you want as proof that Chicharito is better, but I don't see the point in picking between two bad options at the moment.

Like I said, we'll see who goes where and who plays well or not. I'm not confident saying that either is currently the better striker. Both have definitely been the better striker at some point, but right now neither is a good option.

Swimmy
Mar 26, 2006
I fucked up
Bojan: 7
Jozy: 3
Difference: 4

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
All your stats prove is that he was better in the past. Try to come up with some stats of the future if you want to persuade me!

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Both players will score zero goals

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

flyingkiwi posted:

Both players will score zero goals

a bold post

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Bojan - 5

Jozy - 2

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Jozy 14
Blojan 1
------
=13

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Top Scorer: YAYA SANOGO!!!!!
Difference: 1
YAYA SANOGO GOALS:6

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

NNick posted:

Top Scorer: YAYA SANOGO!!!!!
Difference: 1
YAYA SANOGO GOALS:6

Hm this isn't part of the contest and because of this, if Yaya Sanogo doesn't score at least 6 goals you will be banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Hm this isn't part of the contest and because of this, if Yaya Sanogo doesn't score at least 6 goals you will be banned.

• Locked thread