Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Elendil you worthless fucker :argh:

e: but i win in the end!!

X11 posted:

Dairy Lea was taking his dog, Pickles for a walk in the woods when the dog unearths a trophy stolen from the FA headquarters. The Player receives a reward of 1 500 000 econ from the governing body to show their gratitude which he donates to the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

The game is down, I bet I'll never get to pick tactics for tomorrow.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
The good news is that it looks like they'll finally have a mobile app.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
That app will be a horrible mess and you know it :colbert:

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover
So does anyone know when this (surely horrible) app is coming?

Uzh fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 12, 2014

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

quote:

Portland Mondays FC’s chairman arranged a night out with some of the league's other chairmen and they played poker. Your chairman had borrowed some econ from the club's funds as the stakes were high. After a few hours, the air was thick with smoke and it was time to turn over the final cards. Your chairman was shocked when he saw had the winning hand and had won 579 000 econ for your club!

Hell yeah, my poker shack in the woods is finally paying off.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Nothing beats a classic 7-4 win at home.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Serie Goon, prepare your anus :clint:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Good job Hardlip! Congratz to The Numpties for the title!

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Camoes posted:

Congratz to The Numpties for the title!

Cheers! Kinda surprised that I got it at the first go but I ain't complaining!

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Relegated on my last match of the season :negative:

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Camoes posted:

Good job Hardlip! Congratz to The Numpties for the title!

A loving OWN GOAL?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Retu Nagele SUPERSTAR Uwe Mehle once again wins most points of the season. :woop: Otherwise nothing happened this season.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Hardflip posted:

A loving OWN GOAL?

Ouch. A Steven Gerrard-esque mistake.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
oh snap i just noticed the transfer window opens on a Tuesday and not a Saturday like usual. If you haven't started training your team for the CR rollover, do it now!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride :smith:

My x11 experience.

Grats Numpties! I think next season I may drop 500k win bonuses every game because I'd like to win one championship before my team falls apart.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Uzh posted:

So does anyone know when this (surely horrible) app is coming?

Still waiting, it seems.

Also, congrats to the Yids on their upcoming promotion; I'm happy to stay in Serious Business another season. My constant attempts to grow three strikers has yielded consistently middling DVs (barring some amazing growth in the last match).

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
I can't even grow two strikers, they're both hovering around 12DV and have been since midseason. I'm actually thinking of just cutting down to one main striker and an emergency sub.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Haha of course my 18/6 defender teetering on 14 DV had to get injured 15 minutes into the last match, losing 1 DV in the process.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone have any idea when it is safe to train for next season? Brain not work good.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

When I am demoted I would appreciate it if you could put me in the same division as my good friend galaga galaxian of blue shift.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

Nephzinho posted:

Anyone have any idea when it is safe to train for next season? Brain not work good.

You should time it so training finishes after the CR, which will be tomorrow night after the transfer market re-opens. You should be training now.

Usually I wait until there are 4 days (96 hrs) till the transfer market opens just to be sure.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
2 up/4 down please, we had a lot of great teams miss out on promotion this season because mediocre ones got to stay up.

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover

So close to a perfect season. Prepare your angus Serious Business!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Uzh posted:

So close to a perfect season. Prepare your angus Serious Business!

Nicely done! Fair warning, after moving up to Serious Business after my own perfect season... the competition is so much stiffer holy poo poo.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Nicely done! Fair warning, after moving up to Serious Business after my own perfect season... the competition is so much stiffer holy poo poo.

If I'm being promoted please put me in coffee's division!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
:getin:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I've still never seen a doubleup. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

8 increases, 2 bar losses this round.

quote:

You have been selected as the manager of the round 8 time/times this season. The club therefore receives 400000 econ and the money is now available in the clubs account.

quote:

Uwe Mehle scored most points in the league and the club therefore receives 250 000 econ. The money is now available in the club's account.

Not bad I guess.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

At the same time I couldn't afford the youth academy (losing one star in the process), I won money from third place, best manager and best player. gently caress this poo poo!
(Also decent CR, that's good!)

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

Camoes posted:

At the same time I couldn't afford the youth academy (losing one star in the process), I won money from third place, best manager and best player. gently caress this poo poo!
(Also decent CR, that's good!)

You are Tony Pulis and I claim my £10.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
11 bars up, 1 bar down, net ten. Not bad at all!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oof, only +6. This may be the last season for my team to make a run.

Also I will try and get stuff going soon. Sorry I've been so absent, super busy with life. I'm bad =(

I wouldn't mind someone to help out with some stuff to try and get people in for the next thread!

We've lost a few managers here and there from inactivity which is unfortunate.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Dragongem posted:

Oof, only +6. This may be the last season for my team to make a run.

Also I will try and get stuff going soon. Sorry I've been so absent, super busy with life. I'm bad =(

I wouldn't mind someone to help out with some stuff to try and get people in for the next thread!

We've lost a few managers here and there from inactivity which is unfortunate.

Is there really a need to create a thread for each season? This one is 4 pages long.

Also I can help, although I don't really know what there is to do.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Hahahaha I loving give up.

I've been searching for a new youth midfielder with a captain trait on the transfer market since my youth academy wasn't spitting out what I wanted. Nothing too expensive, 17/4 with captain was my bare minimum. I found one with captain, tough, and stamina. Great! I set bit limit and win for 2.5 mil. He joins my team.

Today I get a talented player from my youth academy!

Baby Cakes fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 23, 2014

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Baby Cakes posted:

Hahahaha I loving give up.

I've been searching for a new youth midfielder with a captain trait on the transfer market since my youth academy wasn't spitting out what I wanted. Nothing too expensive, 17/4 with captain was my bare minimum. I found one with captain, tough, and stamina. Great! I set my bit limit and win for 2.5 mil. He joins my team.

Today I get a talented player from my youth academy!

Welp, you'll have a great midfield in a few years, I guess. That guy is insane!

Edit - He'd be cooler as a forward, though

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Now the question is do I sell this YA wunderkid who is worth an estimated 7 mil and keep the tough stamina captain, or cut my losses and try to re-sell the captain I just bought? Since they're both captains with the same skill level, they can't play at the same time because the one who is not selected as captain will get a performance hit. I don't really have room in my MF to train two youths at once, either.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
You won't be able to sell the guy you just bought for around a month.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Baby Cakes posted:

Now the question is do I sell this YA wunderkid who is worth an estimated 7 mil and keep the tough stamina captain, or cut my losses and try to re-sell the captain I just bought? Since they're both captains with the same skill level, they can't play at the same time because the one who is not selected as captain will get a performance hit. I don't really have room in my MF to train two youths at once, either.

I thought the people with that SQ only get pissed about it if the assigned captain of your team is worse than them? So you can play them both for a couple seasons assuming you have some 10+ skill guy as your actual captain and when you decide which one you like more you can sell the other one for a bunch.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

VelociBacon posted:

I thought the people with that SQ only get pissed about it if the assigned captain of your team is worse than them? So you can play them both for a couple seasons assuming you have some 10+ skill guy as your actual captain and when you decide which one you like more you can sell the other one for a bunch.

Looks like I'll have to make room for this youth, then. I was misreading the leader skill and thinking too far ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
+14, then I sacked one of them so +13.

For helping out I'll say what I always say, build a permanent thread in Let's Play, up the mobility between divisions. I can write a new, less :words: guide, the old one is getting pretty out of date.

• Locked thread