Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bama-huntsville gets their first win over Air Force :unsmith:

also it's killing me to admit mich tech is legit but drat that's a good start. Sounds like they have a hell of a goalie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DJExile posted:

I will never understand UConn's relationship with Hartford. If memory serves, they have some sort of requirement to play half the mens and womens basketball games in the XL Center (a half hour away!) as well. :psyduck:

Hahaha, half an hour away. It's closer to an hour when you don't have game traffic going on. When you do... :shepicide:

I'm pretty excited to see how they do against BU. Normally I'd be preparing for a slaughter but after that BC win, who knows.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Figured out why Wisconsin is 0-5: we look like Keystone Kops out there.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

8-0 :getin:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG sweeps spacebear! :toot:

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Coco13 posted:

Figured out why Wisconsin is 0-5: we look like Keystone Kops out there.

0-6-0. Go Sioux UND!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Didn't think Notre Dame looked that bad against Minnesota today. Horrible first period and they sucked on Friday but they did really good for two periods today at least!

Their power play is garbage though.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan stinks at hockey again but I'm looking forward to going back to Yost this Saturday to watch them play American International.

My first game as an alumnus :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
n: miami

v: owns

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141110/ice-alone-cant-cool-schafer-pecknold-ecac-hockey-feud

quote:

Cornell dropped a hard-fought, 1-0 decision Saturday on a late Bobcat goal. As the coaches met at center ice, Schafer voiced displeasure with Pecknold. Moments later the teams scuffled in the handshake line.

Speaking to a student reporter for the Quinnipiac Bobcats Sports Network outside the visiting locker room at High Point Solutions Arena, Schafer unloaded a profanity-laced tirade against Pecknold.

“I guess my first comment is I want to make it loud and clear that what their coach did…was a (expletive) classless (expletive),” Schafer said. “You wonder why the guys were pissed at the end at center ice. It’s not the kids. They take the lead from us, so yeah I contributed to it because I’m pissed off at their coach at the end of the game for being such an (expletive).”

The venom stemmed from a second-period penalty. Quinnipiac senior Matthew Peca hit Cole Bardreau from behind, sending the Cornell player head-first into the boards. Peca was issued a 5-minute major and a game misconduct.

Schafer told QBSN he took issue with Pecknold lobbying the referee for an embellishment penalty. Bardreau suffered broken vertebrae in his neck after absorbing a similar hit last season. He did not appear injured Saturday, bouncing up to confront Peca. But Schafer, in a statement released Monday night by Cornell, said Bardreau could miss games due to the hit.

Peca is a clean player, it wasn't on purpose.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

I haven't seen the hit, but judging from the article it wasn't the hit that made the coach mad, it was the other coach asking for an embellishment penalty on a play that could have seriously injured a player, which does seem a little dickish.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

6 NCHC teams are in the top-15, and 7 of 8 have received votes this week.

get your poo poo together nebraska

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Man, BC misses the gently caress out of last year's seniors. They just lost 6-3 to Harvard :stare:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Obama Yo Mama posted:

6 NCHC teams are in the top-15, and 7 of 8 have received votes this week.

get your poo poo together nebraska

Minnesota-Duluth owns, ғᴜᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Man, BC misses the gently caress out of last year's seniors. They just lost 6-3 to Harvard :stare:

loving good

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BC is the Great Satan. Along with Mankato State, and Denver.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I go to Boston every December for the Hometown Throwdown. I usually stay by the Garden so we have to take the subway to Fenway, and we always go through the station near BC. I'm always hammered and I've made a tradition of spitting on the sign.

I do my duty.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I go to Boston every December for the Hometown Throwdown. I usually stay by the Garden so we have to take the subway to Fenway, and we always go through the station near BC. I'm always hammered and I've made a tradition of spitting on the sign.

I do my duty.

You're thinking of BU.

Please keep spitting on their sign all the same.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I really thought it was BC, either way :waycool:

e: looking at a map of boston, they're both west of where we usually go. what sign have i been spitting on :psyduck:

e2: we usually go from north station to kenmore, does one of the school have a satellite campus near haymarket or something because now i'm confused

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 13, 2014

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Obama Yo Mama posted:

e: looking at a map of boston, they're both west of where we usually go. what sign have i been spitting on :psyduck:

e2: we usually go from north station to kenmore, does one of the school have a satellite campus near haymarket or something because now i'm confused

Northeastern is sort of in the middle between the Garden and Fenway. Go ahead and spit on theirs too.

That or Simmons or Emerson but I'm not even sure they have a sign.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The real question is drat how drunk are you getting???

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i don't think the alcohol has anything to do with it, if i were really drunk i'd've pissed on it

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The new University of North Texas jerseys are sick, I want one

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Those are pretty slick. I dig 'em

:havlat:AWWW poo poo YALL IT'S HOCKEY NIGHT:havlat:

VOODOO LADY
USAFA vs. Bobby Mo'
RIT vs. Canisius
Mercyhurst vs. Bentley
Holy Cross vs. Army

PISS UP A ROPE
Clarkson vs. Cornell
St. Lawrence vs. 'gate
Brown vs. Harvard
Q'Pac vs. Union
Princeton vs. RPI
Yale vs. Dartmouth

DEMON SWEAT
ND vs. Merrimack
BU vs. Maine
Vermont vs. Providence
Northeastern vs. UNH

MUTILATED LIPS
Alaska-Anchorage vs. Ferris State
Fightin' Nerds vs. Bemidji
LSSU vs. Bama-Huntsville

TENDER SITUATION
St. Cloud vs. WMU
Obama Yo Mama vs. NoDak (seriously this is gonna own)
Colorado Coll. vs. Denver

BABY BITCH
Minn-Duluth vs. Minnesota
Ohio State vs. FALCONS, BITCH
BC vs. Mich. State
AIC vs. Neo
DOOP vs. UMass-Lowell
UConn vs. Sacred Heart

I'm going to both BG vs. Ohio State games! gently caress a buckeye!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Please don't lose too horribly PSU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

1-0 Huskies on the Shorty. Nice. Go fighting engineers go.

2-0, get some.

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 15, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Duluth is beating the piss out of Minnesota

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo we puked it away to a shitbox Ohio state team

I hope we win 6-0 in front of their home crowd of 20 tomorrow

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

9-0 now. Nice 2-1 win on the road. Sounded like we were out played but a sign of a good team is overcoming that on the road right???

Go Huskies.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DOOP posted:

Please don't lose too horribly PSU

oh well

always tomorrow

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan finally beats someone, 5-2 over AIC.

Goin' for the sweep tomorrow!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Obama Yo Mama vs. NoDak (seriously this is gonna own)

:slick:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Go BG gently caress all buckeyes

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

DJExile posted:

Go BG gently caress all buckeyes

COOL FOX SPORTS, PUT THE loving MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES AHEAD OF THE GOPHERS-BULLDOGS GAME :vd:

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Obama Yo Mama posted:

What's probably happening is that the B branch of the Green Line has one terminus at BC, so the outbound leg is labeled as "B Boston College." You weren't spitting on the BC station sign, but rather the label for the entire rail line.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lost Season posted:

What's probably happening is that the B branch of the Green Line has one terminus at BC, so the outbound leg is labeled as "B Boston College." You weren't spitting on the BC station sign, but rather the label for the entire rail line.

Having used the T somewhat regularly, that's also a perfectly valid target to spit on.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

I was working through last night's game, but I'm listening to this one. Sioux just tied it up at 1. I would love to be in Grand Forks for this game.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

There seems to be a lot of 5 min calls for hitting from behind this year.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Soon they'll have the big STOP signs on the backs of jerseys like the little kids do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Tech goes to 10-0. Really nice win as it was a fight. Down 1-0 and 2-1 but pull through for a 4-2 win. Really good effort being on the road.

• Locked thread