Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
I'm pleased that Mazda has toned down the psycho smile on their newer cars

Now I just imagine it saying "ohhh yeahhhhhh" like the koolaid man instead of being a little unsettled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

8ender posted:

Now I just imagine it saying "ohhh yeahhhhhh" like the koolaid man instead of being a little unsettled

its gone from prozac to driving a rape van :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's another concept rendering. The real thing doesn't hit until tomorrow.

Your children will ask you, daddy, where were you when the ND Miata was announced? And you'll tell them of SA and AI.

Later, at their funerals, you'll blame AI secretly while giving the eulogy. It had grown too big. Too strong. In the crowd you think you can see 13 INCH but he will flit within your peripheral vision, never letting you focus on him but never letting you forget he is always there.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Your children will ask you, daddy, where were you when the ND Miata was announced? And you'll tell them of SA and AI.

Later, at their funerals, you'll blame AI secretly while giving the eulogy. It had grown too big. Too strong. In the crowd you think you can see 13 INCH but he will flit within your peripheral vision, never letting you focus on him but never letting you forget he is always there.

thats not really that funny because i was browsing the forums when the towers fell, JERKOFF! t:mad:

also, the best lots of my kids were wasted in vaginas and tissues.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Viggen posted:

also, the best lots of my kids were wasted in vaginas and tissues.

I feel like you're stretching the truth here a little bit.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

I feel like you're stretching the truth here a little bit.

ok fine most were spent in CSHOW2000. Do you feel better now? I can't even GRASP that..

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

It's a stranger out to find you

There's a stranger out to find you.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

What to do, just grab on to some..

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seat I just want to let you know i really appreciate the mental image that gave me.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I don't know why we keep coming back to this argument all the time, I mean it is clear to anyone that Inspector Gadget was by far the AI'est cartoon of our childhood.

Besides who didn't look at Brain and think, "I want a dog just like him, we could go on all kinds of adventures!"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
TMNT was the most AI. Dat van.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

They both had awesome theme songs.

:colbert:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

I seem to remember the cartoon C.O.P.S having some rad vehicles including an armoured one that had a louvered as gently caress windshield

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Shouldn't Transformers be the most AI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Transformers_characters#Main_characters

There's a semi truck, a Lancia, two Beetles, a 280ZX, a Lamborghini, and that's just the Autobots.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

T1g4h posted:

Is it just me, or does the beltline seem abnormally high?

I feel like this describes the designs of most modern cars unfortunately :(

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

MrChips posted:

I don't know why we keep coming back to this argument all the time, I mean it is clear to anyone that Inspector Gadget was by far the AI'est cartoon of our childhood.

Besides who didn't look at Brain and think, "I want a dog just like him, we could go on all kinds of adventures!"

fuckin' furries and pedos, man.. :sigh:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Viggen posted:

fuckin' furries and pedos, man.. :sigh:

Not to mention a surprising amount of racism too!

Then again, the other cartoons of the era promoted interspecies relationships, the occult, communism and lovely toys that fell apart after a week.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Good (medical) news for me.

Cholesterol is now very much in line (LDL was 176 before - 81 now). Triglycerides are nearly half of what they were - 152, just a touch outside of what they want to see for the normal person (they like seeing under 100 for diabetic patients, but hey, down from nearly 300). Kidney and liver function are good (liver was literally 1 point outside of normal for ALT), whereas even 6 weeks ago they were all sorts of hosed. Blood pressure is reasonable (128/83 at the dr, still needs some work, but better than the 160/105 at my last visit 3 months ago). A1c is down (10.2 to 7.7), but still very much in line with someone with diabetes.

Best part - I'm down 8 pounds since my last visit. I was hoping for 10-15, but I'll take it. I didn't visit with my normal dr today; instead it was with one of his PAs, but I've talked to her during previous visits; she knows her poo poo, and well, it doesn't take a doctor to read the results.

Followup in :stare: 6 months. She suggested that we can probably remove the blood pressure medication if I keep this up, same with the statin, and likely reduce the metformin. Amazing what a little exercise and ditching red meat can do.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

some texas redneck posted:

Good (medical) news for me.

That is loving awesome progress, congratulations!

You'll be a proper twink in no time :bigtran:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm far too old to be a twink (36, with some gray hair) :v: But I wouldn't kick one out of bed.. as long as they're at least 21. I can't see myself having a relationship with anyone younger than mid-late 20s at the very youngest though.

I'm well on my way to being an otter, if I'm up to par on my gay lingo. :gay:

I was honestly disappointed in the weight loss, but I was only aggressive with hitting the gym for about 2 weeks. Need to start waking up early enough to get an hour or so workout in before work (plus enough time to shower - the city owned gym I go to has private showers, so it's just more me being lazy about taking a change of clothes and shower sandals with me... and smacking the snooze button too much).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I like how you guys are discussing awesome cartoons with awesome theme songs and not one of you mentioned SWAT Kats. I'm disappointed :colbert:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

T1g4h posted:

I like how you guys are discussing awesome cartoons with awesome theme songs and not one of you mentioned SWAT Kats. I'm disappointed :colbert:

:hfive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AdxJWFUh4

I mean who can hate on mechanics that moonlight as fighter-bomber pilots of the most wicked jet any kid could ever dream of?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Haven't heard any mention of Wacky Racers either

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Because furries have ruined everything

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Or Samurai Pizza Cats

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Because furries have ruined everything

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Damnit why are Caterham cars so expensive in the US? I just want a light weight fun car to drive without welding one together myself.

There's my random rant of the day.

Transformers was the AI'est show. I still have boxes of the old metal toys from when I was young.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Damnit why are Caterham cars so expensive in the US? I just want a light weight fun car to drive without welding one together myself.

There are these cool lightweight RWD cars that are fun to drive called Miatas. Ever heard of them?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Sorry guys, you're all wrong. M.A.S.K. is the the most AI cartoon.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

leica posted:

There are these cool lightweight RWD cars that are fun to drive called Miatas. Ever heard of them?
Had one, got bored. Too heavy...I'm talking <1500lb.

Looks like Georgia is trying to ban Tesla from selling cars in their state (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-29/tesla-fight-erupts-in-georgia-as-dealers-seek-sales-ban.html). Good to see they're getting scared. I've driven a few roadsters and a couple model S and would have one if I wasn't such a cheap bastard.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Looks like Georgia is trying to ban Tesla from selling cars in their state (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-29/tesla-fight-erupts-in-georgia-as-dealers-seek-sales-ban.html). Good to see they're getting scared. I've driven a few roadsters and a couple model S and would have one if I wasn't such a cheap bastard.

The same thing happened in Ohio. I think they reached some type of resolution that Tesla can't expand past the "x" number of dealers they had already established.

Just another subsystem of our country driven and controlled by corporations/money and not by the people or the government. Yeah, the government regulating things sounded like a terrible idea. Now that doesn't sound so bad... on many fronts, not just banks.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

freelop posted:

Haven't heard any mention of Wacky Racers either

1st page niggaaaaa.

Also Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors was a pretty lame show, but its AI as hell with a mixture of TFR and DIY & Hobbies thrown in to boot.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

meatpimp posted:

The same thing happened in Ohio. I think they reached some type of resolution that Tesla can't expand past the "x" number of dealers they had already established.

Just another subsystem of our country driven and controlled by corporations/money and not by the people or the government. Yeah, the government regulating things sounded like a terrible idea. Now that doesn't sound so bad... on many fronts, not just banks.

There are Model S-es everywhere in Atlanta and I live around the corner from the main sales and service center (which is in an office park, oddly enough). I was wondering when the dealers around here would get a bee in their collective bonnet and try to do something loving stupid like this.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

meatpimp posted:

Well the free market is the platonic ideal until it starts threatening my own livelihood, you see.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Midniter posted:

Well the free market is the platonic ideal until it starts threatening my own livelihood, you see.

There's never been an attempt to achieve a platonic political ideal that hasn't been corruptible by humans in its implementation.

Edit: ironically, eBay logins are impossible for a large percentage of users at the moment.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 3, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

NJ banned Tesla sales too. I still see them all over already though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Edit: ironically, eBay logins are impossible for a large percentage of users at the moment.
Yup no login for me at the moment, not that I needed to but I had to check.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of states go the same route and ban Tesla sales but that doesn't mean they won't sell and be in the areas. Dad is seriously considering one and I've looked at it a few times. I would love to see them make a mini Model S that's a bit smaller and had maybe 1/2-3/4 the range and sold for less. I see they're making the Model X (SUV) now so we'll see how that sells.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Baram posted:

NJ banned Tesla sales too. I still see them all over already though.

Just because they blocked the sales via factory direct doesn't mean they didn't block the ability for a NJ resident to go to a neighboring state to purchase and import it, or does it? Not familiar with your laws on the books of Tesla. From what I understand it only bars the selling of factory direct but not an intermediary.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

meatpimp posted:

First eBay has issues, then facebook goes down in the same day?
Something is going on
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

freelop posted:

First eBay has issues, then facebook goes down in the same day?
Something is going on
:tinfoil:
They finally did hack CSB's cloud pictures.

• Locked thread