Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The recent Gateway downtime has made me remember what life was like before the script.

You are awesome, Subjunctive, and we are a bunch of ungrateful assholes who don't tell you that often enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

Whispering Voices posted:

I know little about computers. Hopefully Subjunctive will jump in if this is actually disastrous, but it seems to work for me. I was modifying version 1.1.1 or something, you may need to poke around for the actual lines. Numbers here assume each edit is done in turn.

It works! Thank you a bunch of the help!

Vlathanos
Oct 12, 2009
Downloading this game tonight, took a look at the classes and noticed that only the guardian fighter was an obvious tank class.

Are there any other classes besides the Guardian Fighter that can tank in this game? Or is there no tank variety.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
My understanding is that the Great Weapon Fighter can also work as a tank, but I only have a character of like lv 20 of each type of fighter. I've only recently started playing too, so I dunno how effective anyone is at higher levels.

I don't know why this game has two types of Fighter, I would've expected them to use a Paladin as one of those class types instead.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The game tries to get away from the mmo trinity. Like the most tanky tank character is the guardian fighter but he's not going to have the aggro of every mob, he can typically steer the boss but the small army of mobs are going to be running around hitting peeps. What the gf can do is hugely increase everyone's mitigation while decreasing mob mitigation. That's also something the dc is going to be doing it in a different way. Like atral shield creates a safe space in a way the guardian fighter can't and the cleric debuffs tend to be on everything while the guardian fighters debuffs are on stuff he marks or if feated stuff he uses control powers on.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
GWFs can be tanky in the sense of having a lot of damage resistance but they don't generate much threat.They are super fun though!

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Semisponge posted:

GWFs can be tanky in the sense of having a lot of damage resistance but they don't generate much threat.They are super fun though!

GWFs still have to be somewhat careful with big hits from bosses though. I have found that my life steal pretty much keeps my life filled up, but a huge attack from a boss can drop me pretty fast. With my GF, I can easily block though a big hit, or hits, and not even blink.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Whispering Voices posted:

I know little about computers. Hopefully Subjunctive will jump in if this is actually disastrous, but it seems to work for me. I was modifying version 1.1.1 or something, you may need to poke around for the actual lines. Numbers here assume each edit is done in turn.

Add into line 180:
{
// Black Ice Shaping
taskName:"BlackIce",
level: {
1:["Mass Process Raw Black Ice", "Gather Raw Black Ice"],
},
},

Replace line 304 with this:

{name: 'Label', title:'', content: 'Character Name</td><td>LS</td><td>MS</td><td>PS</td><td>LW</td><td>Ta</td><td>Ar</td><td>WS</td><td>Al</td><td>BIce', def: '', type:'label', tooltip:'', repeat:'1'},

Add into line 328:
setTemp.push({name: 'BlackIce'+j, title: 'Black Ice Shaping Tasks......', def: '0', type:'text2', tooltip:'Number of slots to assign to Black Ice Shaping for '+j+' character'});

Add into line 563:
if(prof.taskName === "BlackIce") {
var mercenarys = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Chillwright')");
var guards = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Black Ice Smith')");
var footmen = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Assistant Cryomancer')");

if(mercenarys.length) { clicked = true; mercenarys[0].click(); }
else if(guards.length) { clicked = true; guards[0].click(); }
else if(footmen.length) { clicked = true; footmen[0].click(); }
}

Edit: I tried using the code tags but it made the post width too wide.

Wow, this is pretty helpful. Much obliged.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I'm gonna give this a try again. What are the major things you can't get without spending cash, and what's the class with the most action-y combat? I want to be doing combos, mashing buttons, etc

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Elswyyr posted:

I'm gonna give this a try again. What are the major things you can't get without spending cash, and what's the class with the most action-y combat? I want to be doing combos, mashing buttons, etc

Well, there are only a few things you really absolutely cannot get without spending money- namely the various Packs (Feywild, Guardian, Hero of the North) that are on sale right now. Everything else you can purchase through the Zen market, and there is an AD (which you earn through playing and doing various things) to Zen exchange. Major things that usually come up as good things to throw Zen at are Character slots and Mounts (which are usually account-wide).

As to the combat you're looking for, if you really really like mashing buttons then I'd say try a Hunter-Ranger, if only because due to the way their stances work they effectively have double the amount of at-wills and encounters to use at any one time. If you try to play it as a hybrid melee/archery character, you're definitely in for something a lot more action-y than a class that has a much more 'standard' rotation- but as per usual that's just my two cents, mileage may vary.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Just started playing this last night as a Scourge Warlock, it's a lot better than I imagined. Can I get a guild invite Makeba@dopefiendcarla

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I rolled a Scourge Warlock, are there any good resources on builds? Also why does my walk animation look incredibly dumb as a male human, and is this something I can change by playing another race?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Elswyyr posted:

I rolled a Scourge Warlock, are there any good resources on builds? Also why does my walk animation look incredibly dumb as a male human, and is this something I can change by playing another race?

Phone posting, but, google something like "Laggy gamerz" or something like that. I forget the name, but they have a lot of good builds there, way better than the official forums.

e: Home now!

Aramek fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 25, 2014

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I'm pretty sure the only feat that matters for Scourge Warlocks is the Fury capstone that makes you deal double damage.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Elswyyr posted:

I rolled a Scourge Warlock, are there any good resources on builds?

Look at the official forums, google, or laggygamerz. That's what we all do.

Elswyyr posted:

Also why does my walk animation look incredibly dumb as a male human, and is this something I can change by playing another race?

That's actually tied to class, so any male warlock of any race will walk that way. Enjoy!

EDIT: While in-game tonight, I was reminded that cix has developed his own versions of the script that are up-to-date and include a Black Ice refinement fork, so the following has been added to the OP:

Falented posted:

:siren::siren:EDIT: Our very own data cat, cixorez, has come up with his own versions of the script, as well as providing task names for people who wish to switch the queues around. Cix is currently active in the guild and this script is up to date, so I guess that means Subjunctive is off the hook!:siren::siren:

Cix's modified professions script WITHOUT Black Ice tasks can be found here: http://pastebin.com/5S0yzg3G
Cix's modified professions script WITH Black Ice tasks can be found here: http://pastebin.com/2Z6kUcX3
Cix's list of task names (for those that wish to make their own script or switch up the queue) can be found here: http://pastebin.com/0Mn5ukNv
Cix's list of Black Ice tasknames can be found here: http://pastebin.com/QdHVVNvq

Falented fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 25, 2014

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Are there some classes that are grossly overpopulated? I want to play a wizard, but I know how DPS classes have a bad habit of being the ones noone needs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been using the script lately, its causing firefox's memory leak to become even worse, so the point where its using over 2 gigs of memory, resulting in a crash after a couple of hours or so.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Elswyyr posted:

Are there some classes that are grossly overpopulated? I want to play a wizard, but I know how DPS classes have a bad habit of being the ones noone needs.

Guardian Fighter is pretty under populated right now because it was awful for about a year and became great last patch.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Goofballs posted:

Guardian Fighter is pretty under populated right now because it was awful for about a year and became great last patch.

It is still a pretty boring class to play.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Elswyyr posted:

They got a recent nerf, but wizards have been the undisputed king of PvE for quite some time. Like, to the point where one of the best groups you could have would be five wizards.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Can I get a guild invite Assata@dopefiendcarla

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Thanatosian posted:

They got a recent nerf, but wizards have been the undisputed king of PvE for quite some time. Like, to the point where one of the best groups you could have would be five wizards.

I ran through Pirate King's and the Spellplague Cavern with that exact setup earlier today. It went uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDdlYSvR9M

Nice.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

bakka bakka posted:

Can I get a guild invite Assata@dopefiendcarla

Seems like you're already on the roster. Welcome.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Oh good we needed more dargon fights.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Punch her in all of her faces.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
PLease invite alpharius@alphariusxvi

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aramek posted:

Same with the Old Jerry Saga. Do part one and two just because they're fun, but I only ever run part one over and over for the daily. Very efficient.

Did they ever make any changes to the Foundry? Sometimes I think about coming back to this game just to make Old Jerry 3. I actually had an explanation for everything in OJ2 planned out, but the Foundry was such a clusterfuck to work with. Even some of the basic poo poo I did in OJ2, like the appearing portal or having you loop around to where Jerry was being ambushed, was a nightmare to build.

Maybe I'll come back to check out the Warlock.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
So there was talk of being John Malkovich. I'm an unfunny monster, and I am not John Malkovich.

However for those that are, here are a few commands you can copy-paste for the ultimate John Malkovich experience:

code:
/bind Right "Say Malkovich."
/bind Left "Say Malkovich."
/bind Up "++walk"
/bind Down "say Malkovich?"
/bind 1 "say MALKOVICH!$$+PowerTrayExec 5"
/bind 2 "say MALKOVICH!$$+PowerTrayExec 6"

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Dinictus posted:

So there was talk of being John Malkovich. I'm an unfunny monster, and I am not John Malkovich.

However for those that are, here are a few commands you can copy-paste for the ultimate John Malkovich experience:

code:
/bind Right "Say Malkovich."
/bind Left "Say Malkovich."
/bind Up "++walk"
/bind Down "say Malkovich?"
/bind 1 "say MALKOVICH!$$+PowerTrayExec 5"
/bind 2 "say MALKOVICH!$$+PowerTrayExec 6"

Everyone is strongly encouraged to roll a John Malkovich alt and to spell the name exactly like that and use the exact settings dini did above. This will come in handy when we raid the Mask.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
Dicked around trying to get the Bag from Neverdeath

The Christofer Chettlebell, the genious starts it off with.

Changing history (altering 5 grave stones)
Monini crypt rescue. (save the monini lady from the crypts)
Lost notes (Enter the artisians tomb to recover chettlebells notes)
Shadow locks (enter the shadow realm and open the 3 locks)

Mind you, quest names are approximations. I honestly cant recall all the proper names.

The harpers quest line starts with.

Taking out purple (remove a set number of purple cult minions)
Gathering relics (collect 20 relics from the upper level of craftsmans rest)
Opening the locks (open the 6 waterclock locks in the upper and lower areas of craftsmans rest)

If you've manged to do all this. You'll get a final quest from Chettlebell to enter the Waterclock tower. It is this final quest that has the bag as the reward.

Basically, if Chettlebell seems out of quests. Try the harper. If the harper seems out of quests try Chettlebell. You cant go to far on one without doing the others.

From the neverwinter forums http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?218392-Neverdeath-Bag-Quest

Also, is there any reason to level professions other that to open more slots for leadership? The other professions, not leadership, have...... nothing?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Let me in name and handle are Ava Gina@Ackbarre

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The weapon crafting ones used to have the best weapons in the game, the clothes ones now have the armour kits and I guess if you have 4 purple tools you can have a go at the socketed shirt and pants. The dc weapon crafting might still be good for the offhand with the most power which you can stuff on your ioun stone.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Let me in name and handle are Ava Gina@Ackbarre

Invited, so come on in!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Anyone else getting 'unable to authenticate'?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah Cryptic authentication servers have been offline for a few hours now, they're "fixing" it.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Been getting the same error message. Any idea on when they are gonna be fixed.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Yo could i get an invite Varconia@dancemasterlee2

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

Yo could i get an invite Varconia@dancemasterlee2

Welcome, friend!

Additionally, here is a new Malkovich bind, courtesy of Istar: /bind Numpad 0 e farts malkovichiously

Falented fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Malkogeddon tonight! Make your own Malkovich and get ready to ERP the town red!

http://imgur.com/a/cfRFw To make your own Academy Award nominated sweetheart!

• Locked thread