Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah I hope the homages/references will be a lot more brief this time around. The Space Harrier level really dragged on for too long in the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I just found out about the little chain chomp you can get. It's adorable :3:

It's insanely tempting to get two copies and give it to a friend to force him to play it.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Jsor posted:

I can't wait to see how terrible and annoying the Space Harrier remake in this game is, though. Then again, maybe we've escaped unscathed since Kamiya isn't directing.

There's a surfing minigame confirmed. And a controllable mech section - but the mech seems cool, it has the baseline bayonetta combat mechanics with shooting and punching etc.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Heard an interesting thing about the difficulty modes:

Apparently Non-Stop Infinite Climax mode does not disable witch time this time around.

This is literally the worst.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

yoshesque posted:

I find it kind of interesting because it means that difficulty has something else going for it over the previous difficulty instead. The disabling of Witch Time was the big difference in NSIC and if it isn't disabled in Bayonetta 2, what is the gimmick this time?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Any pictures of Bayonetta's mom? Really interested in seeing this.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I find it kind of interesting because it means that difficulty has something else going for it over the previous difficulty instead. The disabling of Witch Time was the big difference in NSIC and if it isn't disabled in Bayonetta 2, what is the gimmick this time?

I imagine it'd be something like no umbran climax, but I think I'd prefer no witch time to no umbran climax. My main issue with the difficulties is mostly just the naming though. It breaks Platinum's established norm in regards to how they were named in previous games (think W101 or MGR), plus it's really confusing. It seems to pander to people who would normally take issue with playing through on easy, but name it 2nd Climax instead and suddenly everyone's happy.

I don't like change grumble grumble.

Also the Famitsu scans linked in the OP has a pic of Bayonetta's mum. She looks like she'll be fun.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

As much as it saddens me to say, I don't think we can expect Bayonetta 2 to sell more than about 500k copies worldwide over its entire lifespan. :(

Evil Eagle posted:

Heard an interesting thing about the difficulty modes:

Apparently Non-Stop Infinite Climax mode does not disable witch time this time around.

This is very saddening as well. :mad:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

DrPaper posted:

Any pictures of Bayonetta's mom? Really interested in seeing this.

Yep. Rosa, and Madam Khepri (her demon contract partner)

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

Yep. Rosa, and Madam Khepri (her demon contract partner)

She's got a very cool and sexy costume.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

We, the passionate fans of the west, will make Bayonetta 2 a million seller, and prove our burning love to the craftsmen of the East.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yoshesque posted:

Maybe you can disable it with accessories like you can in the first game. Or maybe the game is just so insanely difficult on the harder modes that they couldn't balance it around not having witch time.

I agree though, having the difficulties named like they are is pretty confusing. It looks like 1st Climax is easy, 2nd climax is normal and 3rd climax is hard. They should have left that one alone.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I agree though, having the difficulties named like they are is pretty confusing. It looks like 1st Climax is easy, 2nd climax is normal and 3rd climax is hard. They should have left that one alone.

They don't normally have Hard unlocked straight from the get-go, so I think it's actually Very Easy up to Normal. There's regenerating health and no magic loss if you get hit on 2nd climax, so that would seem to support my theory, although they seem to have dispensed with the associated accessory in the sequel.

Still think the naming is silly though :argh:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What's the classy way of saying blue balls? Climax Denied? I want to play on that difficulty.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

yoshesque posted:

They don't normally have Hard unlocked straight from the get-go, so I think it's actually Very Easy up to Normal. There's regenerating health and no magic loss if you get hit on 2nd climax, so that would seem to support my theory, although they seem to have dispensed with the associated accessory in the sequel.

We will fight them on the climax beaches, etc

I am hoping they have some more interesting accessories this time around - bayo1 had some good ones, but also a bunch that were kind of marginal.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Wait, is infinite climax a sex joke??

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Level Slide posted:

What's the classy way of saying blue balls? Climax Denied? I want to play on that difficulty.

Ball Is Blue.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Earnestly posted:

Wait, is infinite climax a sex joke??

Jubileus had a couple of leftovers in her bag of creations, so she stopped by to visit Dante and Bayonetta in the Gates of Hell. She told the couple that one of the things she had to give away was the ability to urinate while standing up. "It can be very handy," She explained "Would either of you like that ability?"

Dante jumped up and begged, "Oh, give that to me! It seems the sort of thing a man should be able to do. C'mon, let me have that ability. It sounds pretty cruhzaay!"

Bayonetta just smiled and sucked a lollipop. She told Jubileus that if Dante really wanted it so badly, then she really wouldn't mind if he were the one given the ability to urinate while standing up.

And so, the Creator gave Dante the ability to urinate while standing up. He trickstered away. Then, She looked back into her bag of leftover gifts. "Now, what have we here for you Bayonetta? Oh, yes, NON-STOP INFINTE CLIMAXES..."

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yoshesque posted:

Wow, I didn't know that wrt 2nd climax. I just tweeted a couple people at platinum asking for clarification on the difficulty modes. I guess I'm starting on 3rd climax now.

Tag Climax on the harder difficulties looks to be exceptionally difficult, at least.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Non-Stop Cold Showers

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Spoilers about the final difficulty

I didn't like them taking away one of the interesting mechanics of the game for that hardest difficulty in the first one, so i'm more than comfortable with what they've done now, considering the other changes they've made to witch time (duration of witch time is based on how hard the move is to dodge, instead of a set amount regardless of move)

This is gonna be one of those games goons hate because its a sequel regardless of the things it does better isn't it? I can already feel it in the air.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Spoilers about the final difficulty

I didn't like them taking away one of the interesting mechanics of the game for that hardest difficulty in the first one, so i'm more than comfortable with what they've done now, considering the other changes they've made to witch time (duration of witch time is based on how hard the move is to dodge, instead of a set amount regardless of move)

This is gonna be one of those games goons hate because its a sequel regardless of the things it does better isn't it? I can already feel it in the air.

Everyone's going to love it and buy two copies to support our friends across the pond, and Nintendo will be revitalized and a new age of Nintendo gaming will officially begin.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
i hope so bro bayonetta loving rules

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I already love this game and I haven't even touched it. I won't make any final judgment calls on the difficulty until I play it.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I'm all hyped up to love it. A friend of mine just tried it and said it felt absolutely amazing.

Bought my Wii U, killing time with W101.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Oh man, this music :fap:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Plot spoilers, I know I shouldn't care about the plot because it's bayonetta but still

Saw a thread on another site about the game and they mentioned there wouldn't be a bayonetta 3 due to a time loop? Did I accidentally spoil some huge twist for myself?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Something like that was brought up in the Bayonetta Direct trailer.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Plot spoilers, I know I shouldn't care about the plot because it's bayonetta but still

Saw a thread on another site about the game and they mentioned there wouldn't be a bayonetta 3 due to a time loop? Did I accidentally spoil some huge twist for myself?
I'm not sure how it means there can't be a third game.

But yeah, you sort of did. No one else read this guy's spoiler, kay?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally, I can be glad I bought a Wii U.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Crawfish posted:

I'm not sure how it means there can't be a third game.

But yeah, you sort of did. No one else read this guy's spoiler, kay?

I have no idea, the place is usually pretty alright about spoilers and using tags so by the time I saw the words "time loop" I realized that this may be something of a big reveal. I literally know nothing else about it.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

I don't think 'time loop' gives much away. If you've been keeping up to date with screenshots and the developer blog you'll have been more spoiled than by just the words 'time loop'.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So when does this come out internationally? I watched a playthrough of this online because i'm probably not going to buy it, since i'm poor as all hell and it's not my sort of game playstyle wise. But I am interested in the general plot and characters.

So there's a bunch I want to ask or talk about, but nothing I can really say due to not really knowing how big of a spoiler it is.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crawfish posted:

So when does this come out internationally? I watched a playthrough of this online because i'm probably not going to buy it, since i'm poor as all hell and it's not my sort of game playstyle wise. But I am interested in the general plot and characters.

So there's a bunch I want to ask or talk about, but nothing I can really say due to not really knowing how big of a spoiler it is.

A month away. :cry:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

Please tell me somebody has ripped the rest of the soundtrack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pesky Splinter posted:

That's some Castlevania poo poo.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Golden Goat posted:

Please tell me somebody has ripped the rest of the soundtrack.

Just a few battle themes ATM. None of the ambient or cutscene stuff. These are the only other ones I've found thus far.

Sakurazuka posted:

That's some Castlevania poo poo.

Ha, yeah, does sound like it now you mention it.

This track is some real DMC stuff though

---
[e]: Moooooon Rivvvvver!?

Or Tomorrow is Mine?

VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 26, 2014

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Has anyone ripped the title track yet? I can only find a low quality version ripped off the website.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-bayonetta-wii-u-face-off

So, looks like Bayonetta on Wii U does splendidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Really? Cause reading the article, apart from no screen tear, nothing has been improved, where FPS dripped before drips still etc.

It's nothing major but I would have expected them to take more advantage of the more powerful HW.

• Locked thread