Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wheez the roux posted:

all i ask is that bama, fsu, and ND don't make the playoff

is that too much to ask of the chaos gods

1 and 3 are still very doable

the clock on 2 is running out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Yeah, plenty are already calling for his head.

To be fair this happens after every loss. LSU's is not the most rational fanbase.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fire James Franklin

out of a cannon directly into Jay Paterno

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

wheez the roux posted:

lol wazzu's entire offense is halliday who's gone next year

if you thought we were bad this year, wait till you see what we look like when our offense goes from setting passing records to an absolute dumpster fire full of piss and poo poo

we're going 0-12 and it's not even gonna be close. we're gonna get stomped by an fcs school
Dude Leach could probably turn me into a 4,000 yard QB.

You'll be loving fine.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sash! posted:

Fire James Franklin

out of a cannon directly into Jay Paterno

I always thought it was weird that people thought he'd coach up Hackenberg. Bill O'Brien was great for that, but Franklin's been hot garbage with nearly every QB he's ever had

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress football and its stupid egg-shaped ball and its lack of using feet and its loving "student-athletes" and its endless corruption and its sexual assaults and its conference pride and its 114-year rivalries and its marching bands with stupid uniforms and its $8 12 oz. beers if you can even get a beer and its fans of teams that didn't even go to that college and its pointless noon games and its outrageous second-hand ticket market and its continued justification of the employment of Mark May and its bad referees.

But most of all, gently caress the Oklahoma Sooners.

This was a while back but Boomer loving Sooner, good to see some bitter rear end Texas fans. I was worried that with texas being down this year I wouldn't get the UT spite that I live for, but it's good to see it's alive and well.

How we won is a mystery though. We had 230 yards of offense, meanwhile Texas had 450. OU actually looked like poo poo today, but any day you beat Texas is a good day. Mostly what I'm trying to say here iS BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER.

Quandary fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 12, 2014

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

dude789 posted:

To be fair this happens after every loss. LSU's is not the most rational fanbase.

Eh, some fans just want to watch an actual offense and Les can't seem to find any consistency at all there. Team just looks ugly and wins ugly a lot. Barely beating this awful Florida team doesn't really help.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Dude Leach could probably turn me into a 4,000 yard QB.

You'll be loving fine.

we're godawful this year and there is literally not a single way in which we're going to be better next year

the only 3 teams on our schedule next year we have any hope whatsoever of beating are portland state, wyoming, and colorado. we can probably beat portland state but i wouldn't be surprised to watch us lose one or both of the other two. it's going to be a positively wulff-like season

our entire program is a joke and it'll be another 5-10 years before we approach anything remotely resembling relevancy in our own conference, and another 10-20 before we're on the national radar on any capacity in terms of being ranked (assuming that we ever are again)

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 12, 2014

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

we're godawful this year and there is literally not a single way in which we're going to be better next year

the only 3 teams on our schedule next year we have any hope whatsoever of beating are portland state, wyoming, and colorado. we can probably beat portland state but i wouldn't be surprised to watch us lose one or both of the other two. it's going to be a positively wulff-like season

our entire program is a joke and it'll be another 5-10 years before we approach anything remotely resembling relevancy in our own conference, and another 10-20 before we're on the national radar on any capacity in terms of being ranked (assuming that we ever are again)

Yeah but halliday is really fun to watch

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

wheez the roux posted:

I would say this seems a bit extreme, but then I remember Colorado is literally in your conference and welp

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Quandary posted:

Yeah but halliday is really fun to watch

hell yeah he is, too bad he'll never play another snap of football post-college unless it's as a CFL camp body or arena league backup

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

NippleFloss posted:

Eh, some fans just want to watch an actual offense and Les can't seem to find any consistency at all there. Team just looks ugly and wins ugly a lot. Barely beating this awful Florida team doesn't really help.

Taking this a bit further, it boils down to the QB position continually being a mess and the lack of attention to detail. LSU has to lead the country under Miles as the most penalized team coming out of a time-out.

:psyduck:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Basil Hayden posted:

I would say this seems a bit extreme, but then I remember Colorado is literally in your conference and welp

for perspective: the last time wazzu made a major bowl was the same era in which colorado was national champion

post-halliday and mayle we'll be as bad as they are now if not worse, probably closer to wyoming levels of bad

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fire Brady Hoke.

Fire Dave Brandon.

That is all. Carry on as you were.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

his win today bought him safety for the rest of the season if not beyond

as long as that loving stupid "michigan man" cult-think is around he's the coach michigan deserves

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Yeah, plenty are already calling for his head.

LSU has more than its fair share of really, really dumb fans.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Emron posted:

We lost our starting center, and the impact from that is showing. It's a young line and the run blocking is...not great. It's weird, because the pass protection has been pretty good all season. Sims was making a lot of questionable decisions and throws, this game, too.

From all the extra signals and arm waving, I kind of got the impression Sims was having to coordinate all their blocks since the center is a freshman. Which would explain his suddenly worse decision-making/play, the near penalties on delay of game, and general porousness.

I'm sorry for poo poo-talking you when Chad Lindsay looked better Ryan, please come back to us soon :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

Fire Dave Brandon.

Judging by Brandon's attitude tonight, this might have already happened.

Also

Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Judging by Brandon's attitude tonight, this might have already happened.

Also

There was speculation it may happen this weekend due to the bye week, but I didn't put a lot of stock in it. Lots of rumors from people willing to tell you what you want to hear at the moment.

We'll see.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I wish I had a lot more alcohol in my body, but all I'll say is that penalties really hurt the momentum of the team and our offense is really really poo poo (or to be fair: green).

Or playcalling is bad on the offense because we couldn't throw anything but screen passes for the first half.

I don't know, I'm just going to forget about today and get drunk watching NFL tomorrow do homework.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

hey UF fans, any word on Robinson?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope Driskel gets a swirley in the locker room for being such a lovely knob of a QB.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I don't want to be that guy, but man, what do the refs have against TTU? :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

I don't want to be that guy, but man, what do the refs have against TTU? :(

Didn't watch - was there a single 'gently caress you call', or was it more a matter of tone?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A.o.D. posted:

LSU has more than its fair share of really, really dumb fans.

He lost a lot of fans after the 2011 NCG that he's not going to get back without a really spectacular season. And, as mentioned, the team just looks so unprepared so often and that starts to grate, even when you win. Plus the defense is really bad now, and that's been LSUs identity for a long time.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

There was speculation it may happen this weekend due to the bye week, but I didn't put a lot of stock in it. Lots of rumors from people willing to tell you what you want to hear at the moment.

We'll see.

Not happening this weekend, it's probably happening during the bye week. Brandon wasn't in campaign mode tonight, let's put it that way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AsInHowe posted:

Not happening this weekend, it's probably happening during the bye week. Brandon wasn't in campaign mode tonight, let's put it that way.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LOL what the gently caress?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

He's gonna get that email so many time this week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spiritus Nox posted:

Didn't watch - was there a single 'gently caress you call', or was it more a matter of tone?

Well, there was the fantastic play when Grant was tackled on his route and actually managed to catch the ball as he was lying on his back. No PI on that one. They reviewed a spot on a successful 4th down conversion, but failed to review a bad spot on the succeeding 3rd down.

We can't buy a DPI to save our lives which is problematic when your offense revolves around short guys getting open.

My favorite was the one DPI that they did call against WVU, when the ump that was right over the play watched it and thought, "hey, good play." And the two line judges and back judge all threw their flags from 20 yards away when they heard the crowd starting to riot.

But yeah, just a general sense of can't get a break from the refs.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

If only South Carolina wasn't expected to be a contender going into the season opener v. A&M. Lots of A&M people jumped off the "8-5 with a lot of games where we show our youth" expectation train real quick and now it turns out that's exactly what kind of team we are. The defense is going to get blamed when our offense is what killed us again. The defense had some tackling issues but strung together some stops and the offense crapped out. Especially on then the fake kick drive when Kenny was perfect until he missed a clear touchdown pass and then a huge first down conversion.

Add that in with minimal chaos and today is a disappointing day of football

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

I always thought it was weird that people thought he'd coach up Hackenberg. Bill O'Brien was great for that, but Franklin's been hot garbage with nearly every QB he's ever had

I'm more upset by the playcalling that seems to be based around rolling 2d6 and consulting his dungeon master chart to see what the eight he just rolled is.

Or the timeout calling that appears to be some sort of time out Tourettes.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Washington looked competent today! Can't complain much about a 24 point win on the road, especially since somehow Cal was favored :confused:

DL looked great, consistently got to Goff even when only rushing 3
Kikaha has 10 sacks to lead the country
Secondary held up against a good passing attack
UW was like #2 in the nation in turnover margin and had a 3-0 margin today

And hey, we actually moved the ball! We threw some intermediate routes! It was great!

And then the Pac-12 refs ejected our TE for throwing a perfectly clean block

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

If only South Carolina wasn't expected to be a contender going into the season opener v. A&M.

We've been trolling ourselves pretty hard over the past few weeks, but at least we've also managed to troll some of our opponents in the process.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

gently caress a Baylor.
gently caress the students who are so hilariously butthurt about Gary Patterson existing.
gently caress Big XII refs who blow game-ending calls.

That said, hell of a game to all the other Baylor posters on here. Both teams looked amazing tonight and your new stadium was okay.

Also, I'm quite comfortable with the Frogs running the table the rest of the year. 11-1 in year 3 of a major conference? I'll take it. :)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Chieves posted:

gently caress a Baylor.
gently caress the students who are so hilariously butthurt about Gary Patterson existing.
gently caress Big XII refs who blow game-ending calls.

That said, hell of a game to all the other Baylor posters on here. Both teams looked amazing tonight and your new stadium was okay.

Also, I'm quite comfortable with the Frogs running the table the rest of the year. 11-1 in year 3 of a major conference? I'll take it. :)

I agree you probably win out, but WVU and OSU will be interesting to watch. TCU's D still looks salty versus the run and especially in the intermediate passing game, but you guys miss Jason Verrett like whoa. Lot more vulnerable to the deep ball than you've been in a bit, WVU and OSU probably noticed. Still, drat good team this year, no idea how we saved that. Boykin's dynamite in the new system.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 12, 2014

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Please get healthy CBs, Lockett sucks

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona is done, or maybe not the way top teams keep losing.

nope, done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

wildcats coug'd it

• Locked thread