Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

BiggerThanPete posted:

I also use needtoknow. I tried powerauras and weakauras, but liked NTK the best. I think powerauras is still pretty good for certain things, but I just don't need it. I'm using Tukui as my base and I have bartender4 installed on top of it so I can have my main ability buttons up near my character as a I hate looking down at my bars and back up. I've arranged everything as kind of a heads up display. Most of it is gone out of combat and the individual components only show when something is happening. I track my greatness and mirror procs so that I can use death wish and my racial on the first proc after they come off cooldown.

During combat

My greatness bar is always displayed and also always full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Oh and lets do a naxx10 tomorrow night. Even if we have to pug some of it.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I feel like if we're gonna host Naxx pugs for our fresh 80's we might as well make them 25s from now on. They'll get better gear and badges. That and judging by guild chat, the quality of weekly Naxx pugs is getting worse and making it more difficult for our members to get their achievements.

I think last night also showed that we shouldn't really need to rush to get those 10 man Naxx achievements, cause even with a well-geared crew we were having a lot of problems. Whereas with 25's there's a little more room for error up until Kologarn.

I'm willing to lead a 25 Naxx tonight at 7 Est if we can get a decent amount of people together for it.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 24, 2014

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005

BiggerThanPete posted:

During combat

Can't see your lovely body. Fix please.

I'll be on tonight. If we have to pick up pugs we should manage since it's naxx.

Edit: May not be on for long actually. Birthday party thing to go to.

the.pope fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 24, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

the.pope posted:

I'll be on tonight. If we have to pick up pugs we should manage since it's naxx.

Edit: May not be on for long actually. Birthday party thing to go to.

Zadiel's not gonna be available tonight so I'm gonna plan on a :siren: Naxx 25 for 5 Est tomorrow (Saturday) instead of tonight. :siren:

I can also help if you still wanted to lead a 10 Hopo.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 24, 2014

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

Zadiel's not gonna be available tonight so I'm gonna plan on a :siren: Naxx 25 for 5 Est tomorrow (Saturday) instead of tonight. :siren:

I can also help if you still wanted to lead a 10 Hopo.

Add them to the calendar! (I already added the Naxx 25)

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I have no idea what the password is to make events. Is there anyway for people to sign up on the site?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

I have no idea what the password is to make events. Is there anyway for people to sign up on the site?

I'll tell you next time I see you, otherwise ask an officer.
Signups are coming soon, I did some work on it tonight. Hopefully, not to much more work.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Naxx starting in 20 minutes. Log on and come with us.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
I'm at work until 6 :/

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

So I roll up to Mudsprocket to get the FP, and some level-gently caress alliance shaman on his way out turns around and tries to gank. I ran into town where he chased me around a building until the guards killed him. I get a tell in-flight to my next destination full of words like "gently caress" and "human being". Although I'm sure I could've responded with a sick burn about his skill in WoW, I refrained, basking in what must be goon-like enjoyment at schadenfreude. But I did report him for spamming, who knows if that in-game function actually works.

This game is fun.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Ofecks posted:

So I roll up to Mudsprocket to get the FP, and some level-gently caress alliance shaman on his way out turns around and tries to gank. I ran into town where he chased me around a building until the guards killed him. I get a tell in-flight to my next destination full of words like "gently caress" and "human being". Although I'm sure I could've responded with a sick burn about his skill in WoW, I refrained, basking in what must be goon-like enjoyment at schadenfreude. But I did report him for spamming, who knows if that in-game function actually works.

This game is fun.

I had a fellow horde player call me " a loving pussy human being" for not helping him pvp alliance outside of SM. I responded " that's a good way to get help" to which he mocked our Ulduar progress.

#ElitePvE

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Went back to find this pic from the old thread for the OP:

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 26, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey guys I won't be able to make it monday.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Suran37 posted:

to which he mocked our Ulduar progress.

OWNED!

And in related news.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hnKGTysDM

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

I am in tears! I'm adding it to the website.

EDIT:
Oh and by the way you can click events and sign up now!!! (May need a Ctrl+F5 if the site is cached on your computer)

Also Rhygon, Popey, and Fitz should send me a screencap of their characters so I can add them to the officer section of the website.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 27, 2014

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I completely loving lost it when it got to Thundraga and Fixins. What is up with the Club Esteban thing though?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Its ok Fixins, you're still the best Shaman.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Amazing.

Khako posted:

I completely loving lost it when it got to Thundraga and Fixins. What is up with the Club Esteban thing though?

Club Esteban is Kyh/Heat/Ryver's guild.

Suran37 posted:

Oh and by the way you can click events and sign up now!!! (May need a Ctrl+F5 if the site is cached on your computer)

Everybody should go do this!

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 27, 2014

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I put down that I wouldn't be going to the 25 man because I won't be there at the scheduled time. I may show up sometime shortly after that however and I will definitely be available tomorrow.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Not sure actually why there's one scheduled for tomorrow unless someone else is gonna lead. I'm not typically available Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

Thanks also for all the work on the website, Frostshock. It looks really good and different from other guild websites, IMO.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 27, 2014

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005

quote:

And in related news.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hnKGTysDM

I've progressed father than anyone else in the guild thanks to those rocket boots.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
I'm in this silly game as Owls and then I decided that I don't like money and skipped to level 70. I kinda forgot that wotlk still had all the dumb awful vanilla stuff in it still and gave up at level 12.

I'm sure I will only partially regret this.

e; I don't remember dual spec costing 1k ever. Apparently I don't remember things well.

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 27, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I wouldn't suggest buying dual spec until you hit level 80 unless you really need it for dungeons or something. Every time you gain new ranks in skills you're going to need to swap over to your alternate spec and update all those ranks, as well. Not too big of a deal, but could be a pain in the rear end if you forget.

Also, you'll likely get the 1k gold from doing Northrend quests anyway so affording it should be pretty easy.

Edit: Also, I might have the time to try and tackle the Yogg strategy soon. :catdrugs:

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 27, 2014

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

saltylopez posted:

I wouldn't suggest buying dual spec until you hit level 80 unless you really need it for dungeons or something. Every time you gain new ranks in skills you're going to need to swap over to your alternate spec and update all those ranks, as well. Not too big of a deal, but could be a pain in the rear end if you forget.

Also, you'll likely get the 1k gold from doing Northrend quests anyway so affording it should be pretty easy.

Edit: Also, I might have the time to try and tackle the Yogg strategy soon. :catdrugs:

Yeah, I just don't remember it costing 1k when it was first added and I'm sure I was still playing at the time. Don't need it right now since any feral spec will work well enough to tank at the moment, assuming I bother.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

Not sure actually why there's one scheduled for tomorrow unless someone else is gonna lead. I'm not typically available Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

Thanks also for all the work on the website, Frostshock. It looks really good and different from other guild websites, IMO.

Does it show one on Tuesday? I didn't want to handle event length so I just set them to 23 hour length starting at midnight. Might be doing something weird with timezones though.

All I see is Monday and Thursday Ulduar as usual.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, the Monday event seems to extend to Tuesday. The Thursday event also extends to Friday. Clicking on either Monday or Tuesday leads to the same sign-up page, so I guess fixing it could be as simple as adjusting the duration in the future.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That video is a pro click even tho I'm highly offended and gay

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I created an undead warrior yesterday. Since there is no 5x xp or anything, should I just solo quest up to 55 (I want to roll a DK at that point) or are there instance runs you guys do for lower level guys?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

REDjackeT posted:

Yeah, I just don't remember it costing 1k when it was first added and I'm sure I was still playing at the time. Don't need it right now since any feral spec will work well enough to tank at the moment, assuming I bother.

It was 1k, and I remember it was because I was a priest and had to get a shadow offspec for 25 man razivius, and since I was poor I had to bum the money off of the rich guy in the guild to pay for it.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Shath Hole posted:

I created an undead warrior yesterday. Since there is no 5x xp or anything, should I just solo quest up to 55 (I want to roll a DK at that point) or are there instance runs you guys do for lower level guys?

Since the dungeon finder wasn't implemented until the ToC patch, feel free to ask for help in gchat. I'm usually around in the evenings on bob the finton.

outside of that, you can do voting on the dalaran-wow site to get yourself the exp-boosting heirlooms. iirc it's 9 days of voting for the 34 vote points (each) needed to buy the shoulders and chestpiece, and 10 days for the ring.

Unless you're willing to drop the cash for donation points or the instant 70 boost.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

If no one's using it, you could probably let him use my old account to powerlevel himself by dual-boxing through old instances. A level 80 DK is perfect for that.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Bauxite posted:

If no one's using it, you could probably let him use my old account to powerlevel himself by dual-boxing through old instances. A level 80 DK is perfect for that.

Or maybe he can just use your DK?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grimpond posted:

Since the dungeon finder wasn't implemented until the ToC patch, feel free to ask for help in gchat. I'm usually around in the evenings on bob the finton.

outside of that, you can do voting on the dalaran-wow site to get yourself the exp-boosting heirlooms. iirc it's 9 days of voting for the 34 vote points (each) needed to buy the shoulders and chestpiece, and 10 days for the ring.

Unless you're willing to drop the cash for donation points or the instant 70 boost.

I didn't even know the whole voting on the site thing, I will check that out thanks :)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

BiggerThanPete posted:

Or maybe he can just use your DK?

That's why I gave it to fixins in the first place, let some goon skip the leveling if they wanted to play a dk.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
He could jump into raids with that DK. I've got his dps spec and gear(somewhat, you'll still need to heroic farm) set up that it can at least do 3k. DK tanking was the loving worst for me so I didn't touch any of that. I'm still at work and might not make it on until 8.

Khako fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 27, 2014

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Calendar issues should be resolved unless you're in like Australia or China, but then you probably aren't raiding with us.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I got out of my commitments much earlier than expected, so I (Varuk) will be here for the raid even though I said I wasn't.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
'Attaboy. Invites are starting. Log on people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
GOOONS. 15 on tonight for the raid. So close to not having terrible pugs.

also here is my website picture

• Locked thread