Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Kyrosiris posted:

It sure seems like it, yeah. 403 Forbidden errors.

It got taken down to implement youtube embedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Cabinet posted:

Rei we have the same hairstyle now and one of us is going to have to change. <:(>

It will be me.

My hair is also the same. Do I have to change? Because it's a pretty bitchin' hairstyle.

Colorblind Panda
Oct 4, 2009
I love the random NPC dialogue in this game.

Colorblind Panda fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 28, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

It's going to be so hard giving up the coat. One of the best sets of gear I've seen in the game so far.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh hey, apparantly Manfilia from Vegas FanFest is a professional drag queen. And does the Manderville during a set:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152496038146156

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

During the downtime I updated ffgoons like two major versions. It seems to be working pretty well but is a bit ugly, though I confirmed the auth works. If you have any issues complain in the IRC or something and someone will probably bug me until I fix it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Meiteron posted:

Remember guys, endgame is not just about finding amazing things to wear.

It is ALSO about finding ridiculous things to stick in your fantastic dollhouses.

By the way don't look at the new item lists if you don't want (potential) spoilers about what the final two bosses of the FCOB (might) be

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

SwissArmyDruid posted:

My hair is also the same. Do I have to change? Because it's a pretty bitchin' hairstyle.

The only problem I have with it is that the lady who gives out the Expert Roulette Alexandrite Maps in Revtoll looks like my characters mom.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this is way better than the umpteenth Link cosplay

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh hey, apparantly Manfilia from Vegas FanFest is a professional drag queen. And does the Manderville during a set:

This is cool as hell. Manfilia was my favorite, I still remember the looks on everyone's faces at the PBC/DGKK table when we all realized it was a drag outfit simultaneously.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

The real way to RP in this game is to macro literally every skill you have.

this is too :stare: to rot away on the last post of a page

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This is excellent, and that drag Minfilia outfit was great.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

jwang posted:

3-1-2 Doton DoT should also be used when possible though? Granted, with the 5 second cooldown between mudras, it makes it challenging to weave it in between the Suitons and Huutons, and it definitely will fall off at least once during the mudras rotation.

Side note: Doton applies a DoT on the target, play on letters hahaha.

On paper (since all the NIN stuff is on paper for another while yet) Doton is good if you're hitting at least two targets for most of its duration, otherwise you're not going to want to use it over Raiton. Doton is 240 total potency per target, Raiton is 360.

Side note: technically it's a ground effect from the looks of things, your pun is inaccurate :v:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

It's important to accessorize.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

jwang posted:

3-1-2 Doton DoT should also be used when possible though? Granted, with the 5 second cooldown between mudras, it makes it challenging to weave it in between the Suitons and Huutons, and it definitely will fall off at least once during the mudras rotation.

Side note: Doton applies a DoT on the target, play on letters hahaha.

On single target Raiton should be higher potency than a full Doton unless I missed something.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Kassatsu Raiton is 540 potency, Kassatsu's crit effect doesn't function on Doton and you'll be using most of your non Kassatsu jutsus on Huton/Suiton

The only time you should be using Doton is like trash or snakes in Twintania or something.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Vil posted:

Beats me, I'm on Balmung, master of a tiny FC of friends. All I've got to worry about is occasionally stumbling on some ERP.

Oh poo poo, there are other goons on Balmung? What's your name/FC?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Jesus CHRIST.

Fake edit: The official forums continue to be a goldmine of horrible ideas. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/196992-Overhauling-the-Auction-House-system

Chinese Batman
Jun 28, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

this is way better than the umpteenth Link cosplay

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks for reposting this, I need to macro these one day and see how long it takes before I get pkicked during a circus.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

kirbysuperstar posted:

I've seen that exact same person do that poo poo in a CT2 run

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I've seen that exact same person do that poo poo in a CT2 run

Yeah, that's where I saw it. Good to know that they uhh..stick to their guns, I guess.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Verranicus posted:

Fake edit: The official forums continue to be a goldmine of horrible ideas. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/196992-Overhauling-the-Auction-House-system[/b]

Having followed forum safari for a little bit I keep getting the feeling that "Hey remember that thing from FF11" is the alternate version of "1.0 was way better!" in terms of warning signs that you're about to read something criminally stupid.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The best gear set in the world is Hussar's but I have foolishly not taken a good photo of myself. Curse me for taking pictures of pretty moments instead of being self-indulgent :argh:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd like to imagine that they have a set of macros for when everyone's dying.

"Eos, What the gently caress are you doing!? AAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!! :supaburn:"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Jesus CHRIST.

Fake edit: The official forums continue to be a goldmine of horrible ideas. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/196992-Overhauling-the-Auction-House-system

Holy crap Balmung goons. I just resubbed on my rogadame who was originally a Lalafell and has the master race name of Malmal Mydia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Omnicrom posted:

Having followed forum safari for a little bit I keep getting the feeling that "Hey remember that thing from FF11" is the alternate version of "1.0 was way better!" in terms of warning signs that you're about to read something criminally stupid.

Oh god the auction house in FF11 was so stupid and easily abused. For instance, at one point people would list items as low as possible to avoid paying the fees since it was a blind bid system. You could get really good gear for only one gil sometimes that way. So in a way, undercutting happened all the time in 11, you just ended up paying the same amount like a chump.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Verranicus posted:

Jesus CHRIST.

quote:

As the economy stands now,farming is worthless,crafting is worthless, and the games economic is bankrupt. The only thing of value right now is Matera. Cant have just one item type that has a high value while everything else is worthless this will destroy the economy wich is what we are seeing now. Implementing this idea would solve a lot of problems and allow the economy to stabilize and grow and everyone would win Except the gill sellers. Right now gill-sellers are loving what's going on right now because it is very easy to control the market by undercutting items and jacking up prices so that they can monopolise the AH 24/7, the economy will never recover at this rate. Players are going to get fed up with it eventually and mass subscriptions will be loss.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Save us, Brooklyn Master.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

In on the screenshot train. I apparently take way too many selfies.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Save us, Brooklyn Master.

At least he finally realized his dream of getting a house :unsmith:

Also finally there's this.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I played in PBC for a couple of months on launch, and I'm looking to start playing on Excalibur again. Some friends have a guild on another server, but I'm already at max level on Excal and while they are awesome their guild is small enough that I would basically always be on the bench once I got caught up to them.

I think I left off on the last storyline dungeon. How reasonable is it for me to come back and see all the content they've added since launch? This game knocks it out of the park on presentation so that it what I am here for.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Didn't Brooklynn Master get banned?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Didn't Brooklynn Master get banned?

I saw him during the first day of the Halloween event, so unless it was since then or a temp. ban I guess not.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
JOIN US

also use my friend code! MS5W2BC3

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Badingading posted:

I'd pay cash for a set of Hildibrand facial expressions you could toggle

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

owns

this too

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Badingading posted:

Best scene best character.

Also selfies is all I take.

Okay, not all...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Contest Winner posted:

I played in PBC for a couple of months on launch, and I'm looking to start playing on Excalibur again. Some friends have a guild on another server, but I'm already at max level on Excal and while they are awesome their guild is small enough that I would basically always be on the bench once I got caught up to them.

I think I left off on the last storyline dungeon. How reasonable is it for me to come back and see all the content they've added since launch? This game knocks it out of the park on presentation so that it what I am here for.

Honestly you can do just about everything without breaking a sweat. They did the WoW thing where there's an easy mode of almost everything and a hard version.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Contest Winner posted:

It's not too hard to catch up, since in each patch there's some form of gear-up mechanic that'll get you to an item level sufficient to do all the content you want.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
DRG question for big pulls, like in brayflox HM, should i open with Power Surge, Life Surge, DFD? Or is there some better AoE that i just don't know about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
I'm not sure, but Power Surge doesn't work with DFD.

(I assume you'd just HT -> BFB -> Circle -> IR -> DFD -> Doom Spike spam, but don't quote me on that.)

• Locked thread