Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bonzi you should give up now because it doesn't get any better at endgame. Endgame is honestly some of the worst poo poo out there now. You have to do the same content 3-4 times a week in order to get maxed and a ton of the achievements are bullshit locked behind needing to run the same content 3-4 times a week. They don't directly say it int he achievements themselves but to get the raw numbers you do, the raiding decisions for WOD are more boneheaded than when Cataclysm launched. Honestly achievements were fun to get extra vanity poo poo, but now all fun things are locked behind serious hours of work you need to pour into the game.

i dont think i'll make it to 100 anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Taint Reaper down... garbage loot again.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Silver Striker posted:

I enjoyed Frostfire, but I haven't done Shadowmoon yet so I can't really compare them. There are some really cool parts of Frostfire.

shadowmoon is really good. i haven't had a chance to do frostfire yet. i hope it is really good.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
shadowmoon is beautiful, and tells a heartwarming tale of resistance against imperial aggression. you can recruit ner'zhul's ex wife as a follower too.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Can somebody give me like a 1-2 paragraph tldr of the WoW plot starting from Wc3 to where we are now.

WC3:TFT was one of my favorite games, I beat the campaign a bunch and invested countless hours on multiplayer, but I can't remember the plot at all outside of the first human campaign and then I think I repaired a tree with wisps?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Can somebody give me like a 1-2 paragraph tldr of the WoW plot starting from Wc3 to where we are now.

WC3:TFT was one of my favorite games, I beat the campaign a bunch and invested countless hours on multiplayer, but I can't remember the plot at all outside of the first human campaign and then I think I repaired a tree with wisps?

Arthas died and Alliance knight guy became litch king

Deathwing Cameback and hosed up the world and then he died. Thrall becomes daddy and surrenders warcheif crib and title to garrosh because there's no room suitable for a baby's room.

People found out that Pandas existed and tried to exploit them. Some pandas are ok with this, some are not. Garrosh hosed further things up and got people mad.

garrosh escapes to Dark portal by also goes back in time.

Also my boss walked in with a crate of activision stuff because his friend was in town who works for activision and gave him stuff.

Everybody got Draenor, Call of Duty, or Skylanders stuff weather they liked it or not.

So Now my Diablo 3 guys can walk around with a special flag on their back. And this will make updating my private server easier. I have another huge PC box to put on my shelf. The Artbook is actually nicer than the previous ones.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
stfu no one likes your posts

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oil of Paris posted:

stfu no one likes your posts

It's a lost cause.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
theyre just... so bad. i needed to throw my hat into the ring

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Oil of Paris posted:

theyre just... so bad. i needed to throw my hat into the ring

Honestly you're inviting a glass house situation.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wtf. That guy's good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wtf. That guy's good.

I read his posts for 5 pages and did not laugh once.

7/10

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Your a extremely tedious loser style of poster. Some folks get off on that, but, it is what it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm no expert in postology but I feel secure saying there are very few posters within the Imp Zone worse than you and that dude is not one of them.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

im sorry that you post so poorly that youve managed to be hated by some of the most accepting forums on the site :(

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
but im also glad my extremely lukewarm burn incited you to read 5 pages of my post history, 90% of which were no doubt talking about my lunch

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Oil of Paris posted:

im sorry that you post so poorly that youve managed to be hated by some of the most accepting forums on the site :(

I can't be hated I just went over a dozen rounds in smash brothers with people here. I think you're over blowing the situation because I'm reveling in the half dozen failed launches of numerious games this month.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I can't be hated I just went over a dozen rounds in smash brothers with people here. I think you're over blowing the situation because I'm reveling in the half dozen failed launches of numerious games this month.

Aside from Unity, what failed launches

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Aside from Unity, what failed launches

Master Chief Collection, Drive Club, Blizzard being attacked by DDOs and other poo poo just plain not working.

Nothing like this has happened in a long time.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
oh? you play video games with the people that post in the video game forum? even though you get told to get out in every thread you post in? gently caress me, i didnt know what i was getting into here

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

Master Chief Collection, Drive Club, Blizzard being attacked by DDOs and other poo poo just plain not working.

Nothing like this has happened in a long time.

get bent

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Oil of Paris posted:

oh? you play video games with the people that post in the video game forum? even though you get told to get out in every thread you post in? gently caress me, i didnt know what i was getting into here

Well for one thing I never take anything seriously

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
hurrrrr

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I make effort posts about how much I loving hate games, ironically

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My Slyvanas keychain I bought from the Blizzard store for some reason just came in. :D

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Using bartender to play without an xp bar was a really good idea

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wait so did Taint troll me about the WoW history or was that an accurate summary?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Treaper isnt wrong jizz that's what happened in a nutshell

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wait so did Taint troll me about the WoW history or was that an accurate summary?

He didn't cover your general lack of preparedness for Illidan but other than that yes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

he kind of got the broad strokes ish

also it amuses me for some reason that two of his probations are just luigideathstare.gif

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well I got like an hour of playtime when I got home from work, after waiting an hour in a queue before getting owned by flying over my garrison.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Only an hour in queue is pretty good. I was in the queue for 7 hours today before I could play but I'm playing right now and it's pretty fun.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah my server is med pop so luckily 600~ is the highest I've seen the queue.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Shadowmoon owns
Gorgrond south owns
Talador up to shattrath owns

Slag pits is boring
Iron docks owns

Commandojacks own

That's everything so far

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

THE DWARVEN BUNKER MAIL TRANSMOG SET LOOKS LIKE loving poo poo.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Taint reaping should, at most, be taken in doses more like eating snails before you drink wine so the wine tastes better.

What we're getting is just eating snails all the time.

And they aren't even the good snails.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Also i am really mad that the servers are down and wow is dying

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I logged in last night to a queue of 5200 people

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i'm honestly impressed people care about this expansion since it seems like they're just rehashing cataclysm but with some time bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i'm honestly impressed people care about this expansion since it seems like they're just rehashing cataclysm but with some time bullshit

Then gently caress off.

• Locked thread