Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
MUT?

Madden Ultimate Team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yup. It's a fun game mode and I'm all into it but the other parts of the game suffer from all the attention it gets.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah. I don't really like all the CPU focused stuff.

Packers resign Hayward for 5 years.

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 20, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
FG, wanna play our week 2 game now?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
My RG and Josh Gordon are on the verge of telling me to gently caress off. I don't have enough money to offer them decent bonuses.

If I was smart if trade him.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 20, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

My RG and Josh Gordon are on the verge of telling me to gently caress off. I don't have enough money to offer them decent bonuses.

If I was smart if trade him.
Just resign after the season or near the end when you have a boatload of cash, theres no rush.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I just pulled a crazy comeback on FaggotGuy. The Brooklyn Barons scored a TD with 2 minutes left to go up 14 points but I ended up winning in overtime. After playing like poo poo the whole game (3 INTs), Geno Smith comes alive and leads two hurry-up TD drives through the air with the game-tying TD coming with 6 seconds left. In OT, the Jets win the coin toss and run Chris Ivory up the gut repeatedly all the way down to the Barons 25 yard line. Then I see FG starting to cheat up on the run and I audible to a crossing pattern that finds Kenny Britt open for a 25 yard walk-off TD reception.

And thus, a NY vs Brooklyn rivalry is born. Great game, FG. I did not deserve that win at all. I don't think I've ever given up that many rushing yards before (167 between Moreno and Miller) and for the first 3 quarters I swear you had DBs undercutting all my dink-n-dunk routes which led to the 3 picks. But thanks to a minor miracle, the Jets win streak survives.

The Piper fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 21, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

Just resign after the season or near the end when you have a boatload of cash, theres no rush.

Or trade for picks and take advantage of ODBs superstar development trait and force the rookie into the #1 role. :getin:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

So is ShortThug active on the forum?

I've got the bears up for week 2.

Also what's the stat that gives you a player's potential now?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah he'll be around, I think he said something about having a busy weekend the other day.

rotaryfun posted:

Players have 3 levels of development. This affects how much XP they get from games and game prep.

Normal - quick - superstar.

Normal is by far the most common and a scrub player with normal development will never amount to much. Guys with quick can turn into good players over a few seasons and superstars can go from mid 70s OVR to mid 90s in one season if he gets starter reps in games and practice.

Easiest way to see what lvl your players are at is to go to the manually progress players and pick the guy you want to look at. R1 to the next tab 'traits' and you can see what level they are and how much XP it'll cost to turn a normal guy into quick or a quick guy into superstar. It is almost never worth upgrading. It costs a ton and even with normal guys your better of just pumping their stats.

Sorry about typos. Phone posting.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 21, 2014

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

rotaryfun posted:

Consistency determines XP/confidence gain from game prep. There's also a trait which determines overall XP gain. Easiest way to check it is when you progress players.

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 21, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Whoever has the Raiders let me know when you can play.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!

rotaryfun posted:

Hey yeah I'm around. Can you play tomorrow night?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

ShortThug posted:

Hey yeah I'm around. Can you play tomorrow night?

Yes sir, anytime after 7 is good for me.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Whoever has the Raiders let me know when you can play.
I'm not sure what my availability is tomorrow, but we might be able to work something out. Monday/Tuesday I can play like 6:30-9pm PST

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So I just rechecked cause I was thinking about it and my rookie WR has every single trait maxed out already. Guy might be the steal of the draft. With superstar development he will be mid 90s OVR at least by the end of the season (barring injury).

Josh Gordon is on the trade block. He's young, 94 OVR and in the last year of his deal.

I opened negotiation with him but I doubt he accepts my offer.

Make a bid.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm not sure what my availability is tomorrow, but we might be able to work something out. Monday/Tuesday I can play like 6:30-9pm PST

I have to work tomorrow night until 11 pm EST, I have Monday off but I have my wifes christmas party and might be done by 10 or 11 EST.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Oh man, I wasn't paying attention that last punt. I started cracking up becuse of how badly I almost messed that up.

GG. Was nervous the whole game.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Brutal Eddy Lacy Fumble and two subsequent picks doom Bulldogs 24-17.

Ugh I'm super bitter about that, I don't think I would have lost if I had kept running the clock and put points on the board there

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I got some incredibly lucky breaks in the 4th. The last pick I did manage to read but the Lacy Fumble was just ill-timed.

Shadowhand00 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 21, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Shady ran for 233 yards and 2 scores, Mathews hauled in 7 for 110 and a score, and :vick: ran in 2 for a shellacking of the cards, 48-10.

Shady is by far the better runner compares to AP last season, and the eagles line owns.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

Shady ran for 233 yards and 2 scores, Mathews hauled in 7 for 110 and a score, and :vick: ran in 2 for a shellacking of the cards, 48-10.

Shady is by far the better runner compares to AP last season, and the eagles line owns.

What to do with jax?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

What to do with jax?

he posted last page saying he's around, you'll need to chase him here or on psn.

i still don't get his aversion to 10 minute cpu games to ensure making the playoffs though, that division is wide rear end open.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Dubious posted:

i still don't get his aversion to 10 minute cpu games to ensure making the playoffs though, that division is wide rear end open.

10 min cpu games? How do you get them that short?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hey jaxsonvulle when we playin dude?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

rotaryfun posted:

you get up a few scores and just sim defense manually and a few drives, come back to seal it, it's really not that much of a bother at all.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

rotaryfun posted:

Sim defense and make sure you score on O. Once you have a 2-3 score lead sim out the game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Sim defense and make sure you score on O. Once you have a 2-3 score lead sim out the game.

also use chew clock. (if you're confident you can score each possession.)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Counterpoint, play every game all the way if you are new or have limited playtime to get used to the different formations/playcalls.

Seriously, if you are new to the game you need to see as many snap as you can.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That is also good advice, especially if you're not a sperglord solo mut game grinder like me who has something like 400+ games vs the computer just this year.

gently caress me.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
true counterpoint, my advice is more for vets who just want to get cpu games out of the way to get a playoff record.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
rotaryfun can you play at 8:30 EST?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also, I'm offering a 1st round pick for anyone who has a baller press/man corner. I got an extra first rounder from the Nick Foles trade to thompson that I'd deal.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Rotaryfun even if you need a few user games let me know. I am average as gently caress, but would rathee you get uswe games than rage quit.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

ShortThug posted:

rotaryfun can you play at 8:30 EST?

Yup see you then.

waah posted:

Rotaryfun even if you need a few user games let me know. I am average as gently caress, but would rathee you get uswe games than rage quit.

Oh I don't rage quit. I always play to the end. I'm not a newb but it's been a few versions since I've prayed and even then I only played a dozen or so games online.

psn is shoafer0 if you see me on. That goes for anyone if you want an online match and I'm on, I'll join up.

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 22, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

rotaryfun posted:

Yup see you then.

Oh I don't rage quit. I always play to the end. I'm not a newb but it's been a few versions since I've prayed and even then I only played a dozen or so games online.

psn is shoafer0 if you see me on. That goes for anyone if you want an online match and I'm on, I'll join up.

cool ill play a few whenever too.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm always down to play a casual game.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

I just got taken out back and shown what's what. 38 - 3 was the final score at the end of it. Couldn't pick a D that could stop Marshall and Jeffery on top of not being able to complete a full drive down the field. Gonna be a long season.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

I just got taken out back and shown what's what. 38 - 3 was the final score at the end of it. Couldn't pick a D that could stop Marshall and Jeffery on top of not being able to complete a full drive down the field. Gonna be a long season.

no shame in losing to the defending NFC champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
He's the defending NFC champ, don't feel too down. Just don't join the rage quit list and stick it out!

• Locked thread