Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Seems like its working for them at the moment, maybe all the other poo poo clubs should to try to emulate them?

It's morally wrong and I'm sure I wouldn't like it if my favorite club was to engage in this practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Dunban posted:

He would've left Dortmund anyway, so instead of going to Real or Barca or whatever, he chose Bayern.
I doubt he would've developed any further at mid-table club Frankfurt.
he would've left the club anyway since some other club would definitely have activated his buy-out clause if Bayern hadn't done it.

There is a huge difference between players moving from other Bundesliga teams to Bayern, and players moving from a Bundesliga team to another league. Those players going to Bayern instead of going to Real Madrid or Barcelona is the problem.

In comparison, Real Madrid and Barcelona have way more money than most other teams in La Liga, but they mostly just purchase players from other leagues.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 2, 2015

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Pedro De Heredia posted:

There is a huge difference between players moving from other Bundesliga teams to Bayern, and players moving from a Bundesliga team to another league. Those players going to Bayern instead of going to Real Madrid or Barcelona is the problem.

In comparison, Real Madrid and Barcelona have way more money than most other teams in La Liga, but they mostly just purchase players from other leagues.

:suicide:

also just did a quick check on wiki for the three teams mentioned (as of sept 1 2014 rosters)

RM: 4 purchases from within la liga
Bayern: 7 purchases from within bundesliga
Barca: 6 purchases within la liga

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 2, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Hahaha

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Demanding that Bayern don't buy players from the Bundesliga is just ridiculous. Compared to other top European leagues, players from the Bundesliga are almost laughably cheap. Just look at what clubs are paying for players from the Premier League. Luke loving Shaw cost the same as Mario Götze for gently caress's sake. When someone of that quality is available in the Bundesliga, who knows the language, the culture and the league, why wouldn't you buy him? Why would you take all those risks and pay twice or three times that amount for someone from another league?

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Not true. I just looked it up, it's more or less 50% domestic and 50% foreign leagues, just as Bayern.

Edit: beaten

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Real Madrid and Barcelona just buy all the best players because from wherever because they get all the TV money from La Liga lol at anyone attempting to insinuate that they don't buy la liga players out of goodwill for the league. This whole discussion is monumentally stupid.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's really bad that a club that is very well run and makes sound financial decisions is able to attract players from other clubs that can't afford to pay them the same wages, maybe we should install something truly capitalistic like a draft system.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

blue footed boobie posted:

Real Madrid and Barcelona just buy all the best players because from wherever because they get all the TV money from La Liga lol at anyone attempting to insinuate that they don't buy la liga players out of goodwill for the league. This whole discussion is monumentally stupid.

:golfclap:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

No club is going to stop poaching kids, even if they are bad at developing talent, as long as UEFA excludes academy expenses from FFP.
FIFA recently lowered the compensation clubs get for poached youth players as well, so if anything, it'll be more popular in the future and turd leagues like Belgium's will run even further into the ground.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Reminder that the Premier League more or less takes money from cool and good clubs like Chelsea and Man City and uses it to pay Rio Ferdinand's wages at QPR

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
L'equipe are saying Arsenal are in for Sissoko.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Reminder that the Premier League more or less takes money from cool and good clubs like Chelsea and Man City and uses it to pay Rio Ferdinand's wages at QPR

In that specific example the humour value is absolutely worth it.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Dunban posted:

Demanding that Bayern don't buy players from the Bundesliga is just ridiculous.

No one is demanding that Bayern don't buy players from the Bundesliga. But there being no good solution to a problem doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

quote:

Not true. I just looked it up, it's more or less 50% domestic and 50% foreign leagues, just as Bayern.

The only players Real Madrid have right now who were bought from La Liga are Ramos (bought almost a decade ago), Isco, Illaramendi, and Keylor Navas. This is hardly comparable to Bayern taking the two best players of the team right behind them in consecutive summers.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

And then the Football League takes a massive amount of money from QPR in FFP fines upon their relegation. It all evens out in the end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

L'equipe are saying Arsenal are in for Sissoko.

If he's sold for anything less than £25m this window I'll meltdown. We're proper shite when he doesn't play so it should be some huge amount. Wenger will probably be stingy with his bids though like always

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Speaking of QPR and wasting money, it seems like they're trying to haggle West Ham over how much of Mauro Zarate's estimated 40k p/w they will have to pay. Not going to go so well for them considering a fair few clubs are interested in taking him for the rest of the season (bit annoyed that he's leaving just as ACN is happening, though)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The Big Taff Man posted:

Bent had a 1 goal in 2 games strike rate till he joined Spurs and arry messed him around (still scoring 1 in 3), at Sunderland he improved on the 1 in 2 rate, and at Villa despite them being loving shite hes still scored 1 in 3

Suprised no better teams taken a punt on him. He doesnt give you much more than goal scoring tho.

It is a bit sad but no clubs in the premier league really seem to want a pure striker like Bent or Defoe (or I guess Javier Hernandez since he got shipped out too), they don't just fit in to the tactics being used currently.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

Bent had a 1 goal in 2 games strike rate till he joined Spurs and arry messed him around (still scoring 1 in 3), at Sunderland he improved on the 1 in 2 rate, and at Villa despite them being loving shite hes still scored 1 in 3

Suprised no better teams taken a punt on him. He doesnt give you much more than goal scoring tho.

With teams like that though the problem is having good chances in the first place not putting them away clinically.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

He's a pure poacher in a game thats moved on imo. He doesnt fit in anymore when forwards are expected to close down defenders/hold the ball up and create attacking opportunities for inverted wingers. He can score a goal though but most managers wont want to carry him for 89 minutes.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Paying €35m for Illarramendi was actually a sign of sportsmanship.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The only players Real Madrid have right now who were bought from La Liga are Ramos (bought almost a decade ago), Isco, Illaramendi, and Keylor Navas. This is hardly comparable to Bayern taking the two best players of the team right behind them in consecutive summers.

They would buy more players if La Liga wasn't poo poo.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

No thumbs, 1/10

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

GreatestLurker posted:

No thumbs, 1/10

RIP poldi you seemed like a cool dude, but I'm glad to have your massive wages off the books.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

RIP poldi you seemed like a cool dude, but I'm glad to have your massive wages off the books.

they and him'll be back, it's most likely a 6 month loan for 6k without obligation or option to purchase.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

GreatestLurker posted:

they and him'll be back, it's most likely a 6 month loan for 6k without obligation or option to purchase.

Oh weird, I thought it was supposed to have a 5m option to buy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Convicted rapist Ched Evans has been offered a contract by Maltese club Hibernians.

Vice-president Stephen Vaughan said: "We are looking for a ruthless finisher and Ched fits the bill."

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

They would buy more players if La Liga wasn't poo poo.

La Liga is so much better than the Bundesliga though?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/Inter/status/551122166474100736

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

lmao

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I love Podolski but hate Serie A. I guess inter have been upgraded to "ok" now.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Podolski is, in fact, really bad

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
At least there wont be 9000 pictures of him every week in the photo thread.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Are we really bitching about Bayern and the Bundesliga being super duper uncompetitive and then pointing at La Liga as a better loving example?!??

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

serious gaylord posted:

At least there wont be 9000 pictures of him every week in the photo thread.

I'm still subscribed to his instagram buddy.

e- La Liga is way more exciting than the Bundesliga. The Bundesliga is a dire league.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Are we really bitching about Bayern and the Bundesliga being super duper uncompetitive and then pointing at La Liga as a better loving example?!??

La liga has 3 good teams, as well as teams who regularly perform well in European competitions, such as Sevilla.

Germany literally has Bayern, and they did have Dortmund for a while but they've turned into utter shitters. The rest of the division are just terrible and Bayern dont even have to try.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
GENTLEMEN

Can you please take your league willy-waving to the appropriate thread?

Many thanks.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Insanely Sikh posted:

GENTLEMEN

Can you please take your league willy-waving to the appropriate thread?

Many thanks.

Greg is looking down from heaven, taking a break from blowing Bob Paisley, and smiling at this post. Good modding imo

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I guess I'm more suprised that Podolski is only going out on loan.

When you're playing Sanogo ahead of him I don't know why you would want to keep him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mr Snips posted:

I guess I'm more suprised that Podolski is only going out on loan.

When you're playing Sanogo ahead of him I don't know why you would want to keep him.

Because he won't take a wage cut to move to another team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Maybe, but it sounded like a permanent move got rejected before it even got anywhere near the point of discussing wages

• Locked thread