Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Danith posted:

Is the web version of the store down (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main) again? When I try to log in it just brings up 'Sign In Failed' message. Using a different password brings up a different message.

I've had this problem for several days. Correct password says failed, wrong one gives different message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Try signing in from a PlayStation device.

I got my credit card to work again this way. I may have gotten my account to work again this way. It's at least worth a shot.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/thomas-was-alone/cid=UP4395-CUSA00948_00-THOMASWASALONEFG

Thomas Was Alone came up as free for me since I got the PS+ version. "Buying" it removed the expiration timers on all the other versions as well. Probably a glitch in the store.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Try logging in through the official forums. Logging in there also logs you into the webstore.

EU region: Some people over there are receiving codes to add 2 bonus months of PS+ from buying 1-year of PS+. Not everyone got the bonus code.

I guess Aliens: Colonial Marines isn't going away after all. PC version popped back up on Steam.

-----

New releases announced for next week, January 13, from PS Blogcast and other sources. Info from blogcast in italics, other info added in by me.

quote:

PS3 Games
Monopoly Deal $4.99
Monopoly Plus $14.99

Vita Game
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk $39.99
Joe Danger 2: The Movie either $10.99 or $14.99
Shake Spears! - Free to download

PSP Game
Brandish: The Dark Revenant $19.99 (playable on Vita/PSTV)
Also, the official release of PS Now on PS4.
Individual rental lengths for all games
Subscriptions for unlimited play of some games of the PS Now library: $19.99 for 1 month or $44.99 for 3 months.
Requires download speed of at least 5Mb/sec. There is a speed test in the PS Now section to test this.

I don't know what will happen with the PS Now beta access on PS3 and Vita.

I'm guessing the PS3 Monopoly games will have the same prices as the PS4 versions out now.

A new PSP game in 2015!? :wtc: Here is what Brandish: The Dark Revenant, an action RPG remastered from the Super NES version, looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT6_NdsxtIg

More info on the Vita game Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk, from Gust's Facebook page:

quote:

The enhanced PlayStation Vita version will bring new features including dual audio, bosses from Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~, new costumes, a hard mode and the Album missions which unlock exclusive costumes and gameplay features and the ability to change party members at any time. Additionally, almost all content from the original PlayStation 3 version can be carried over.
I wouldn't be surprised if the game was released first as a limited-time bundle with some costumes for a month, then re-released by itself, like previous Koei Tecmo Vita games.
The game is playable on PSTV.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 9, 2015

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Brandish's great, hope they release it in Europe, cause I aint getting a second mem stick for my vita

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what they mean by PlayStation 3 content being brought over. Is it game saves or the DLC? If DLC that's pretty lovely because the plus games are supposed too have PS3 DLC unlocked.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
never played Bayonetta but the sale looks pretty neat. will I like the combat if i thought Metal Gear Revengeance was sweet? don't care about the story and whatever else as long as the combat is rock solid, fast paced and not button mashing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's a really, really good game, but if you have a Wii U or Xbox you would really much rather play it on those.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

never played Bayonetta but the sale looks pretty neat. will I like the combat if i thought Metal Gear Revengeance was sweet? don't care about the story and whatever else as long as the combat is rock solid, fast paced and not button mashing

Bayonetta is fantastic but the PS3 version is easily the worst and the sequel is Wii U exclusive and comes with the first so if you have an option...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

Bayonetta is fantastic but the PS3 version is easily the worst and the sequel is Wii U exclusive and comes with the first so if you have an option...

Everyone should own a Wii U anyway.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Grandmother of Five posted:

It focuses more on dodging than anything else and is one of the best games in the genre. It has some rough bits (minigames that last way too long, a dull turret sequence) but nothing major. The sequel is so good it makes it largely obsolete.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Surlaw posted:

The sequel is so good it makes it largely obsolete.

Notably it lacks the really infuriating insta-death QTEs. :argh:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

If you don't have a 360 or Wii U for Bayonetta, I'd definitely get the Devil May Cry HD Collection in the meantime, especially since I'm a big fan of DMC1.

DMC4 Special Edition comes out for the PS4 this Summer, and it brings back the first game's excellent enemy design and uses its combat as the basis for Nero's moveset, but also has a much more versatile version of DMC3's Dante. DMC3's level design and enemies were a bit too annoying for me.

Also, anyone who doesn't pick up Vanquish for £3 is no friend of mine.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

That loving Sned posted:

If you don't have a 360 or Wii U for Bayonetta, I'd definitely get the Devil May Cry HD Collection in the meantime, especially since I'm a big fan of DMC1.

DMC4 Special Edition comes out for the PS4 this Summer, and it brings back the first game's excellent enemy design and uses its combat as the basis for Nero's moveset, but also has a much more versatile version of DMC3's Dante. DMC3's level design and enemies were a bit too annoying for me.

Also, anyone who doesn't pick up Vanquish for £3 is no friend of mine.

It also seems to add Virgil, FWIW.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well poo poo, PSN denied the refund for the Pinball Arcade thing. Any recommendations on an escalation approach? I don't want a refund, I just want them to fix the store entries so they aren't flagged as unavailable if you downloaded the pro upgrade first. loving hell PSN, you really need better support options.

For the time being I posted the issue to Pinball Arcade's Facebook page and also emailed their support, with the hopes that they might be able to better have the issue addressed.

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 9, 2015

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Duke 3D is one of the better PS Plus games in awhile. Too bad it's not on PS4.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

Duke 3D is one of the better PS Plus games in awhile. Too bad it's not on PS4.

With any luck, if it does get a PS4 release at some point then having the PS3/Vita versions would automatically give it to you for free. I know that's happened to some other games before.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

JazzFlight posted:

I actually want to get started on Dragon Age Inquisition but I have no motivation to start because I want to fast-track the first game which I have on PC with all DLC.

It just feels like a huge amount of work to get through that one with a mouse and keyboard when I'd prefer to be on the couch with a controller, plus the fact that it's a huge amount of content. Blehhhh. It's why I haven't gotten past the first hours of the Witcher, despite the fact that I want to play 2 (and 3 soon).

As someone who has played DA:O with both a controller and mouse/keyboard, I feel the mouse/keyboard controls are a bit nicer for it. It's still kind of a clunky game but it feels pretty different from Witcher 1, which I also can't really get through.

PC also has the benefit of mods, plenty of which can make your gameplay less tedious (the respec raven mod for example).

DA2 is a little more even in comparison as far as controls go.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Does anyone (who will actually use it) want my key for the PS4 Evolve server stress test?
It begins tomorrow at 12PM PST, but I believe you can download and install the game now by entering the key through your PSN account.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wow that is some serious bullshit. It seems transaction reversals are counted against you on your account and they don't acknowledge if it's their fault. And the agent hung up on me. Great job, Sony.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

univbee posted:

And the agent hung up on me.
:laugh:

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

univbee posted:

And the agent hung up on me. Great job, Sony.

Really? For real? I mean - I desperately want to buy into this story, but seriously?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

matrix ripoff posted:

Really? For real? I mean - I desperately want to buy into this story, but seriously?

I called back and got someone much more helpful, although I got confirmations all around that basically the only possible resolution was unfucking the store items (they 100% cannot remove items you claimed for free on your account). And yeah, in the middle of explaining the issue the call got disconnected in a way which wasn't at my end (this was when I was mid-sentence and not during a call transfer or whatever). The fact that the number of refunds on your account is tracked and used for future determinations is really lovely, regardless.

I at least had the helpful PSN dude note the specifics of the issue, and he gave me some tips on various avenues to report the issue. Here's to hoping at least one of these avenues sticks.

univbee fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 10, 2015

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Sounds like someone found out about your bone.......

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

univbee posted:

I called back and got someone much more helpful, although I got confirmations all around that basically the only possible resolution was unfucking the store items (they 100% cannot remove items you claimed for free on your account). And yeah, in the middle of explaining the issue the call got disconnected in a way which wasn't at my end (this was when I was mid-sentence and not during a call transfer or whatever). The fact that the number of refunds on your account is tracked and used for future determinations is really lovely, regardless.

I at least had the helpful PSN dude note the specifics of the issue, and he gave me some tips on various avenues to report the issue. Here's to hoping at least one of these avenues sticks.

Unfortunately, a lot of digital game stores seem to work in this manner. Steam for instance has the one-time free refund gesture, and any consequent one is pretty much impossible (the game could literally not even work and they'll send you articles on what to try and basically tell you to get hosed). That said don't do a chargeback or you're 100% hosed as they'll probably ban your account.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

weaaddar posted:

Unfortunately, a lot of digital game stores seem to work in this manner. Steam for instance has the one-time free refund gesture, and any consequent one is pretty much impossible (the game could literally not even work and they'll send you articles on what to try and basically tell you to get hosed). That said don't do a chargeback or you're 100% hosed as they'll probably ban your account.

and people wonder why some of us get defensive when companies talk about completely removing the option of buying physical media

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Comic posted:

As someone who has played DA:O with both a controller and mouse/keyboard, I feel the mouse/keyboard controls are a bit nicer for it. It's still kind of a clunky game but it feels pretty different from Witcher 1, which I also can't really get through.

PC also has the benefit of mods, plenty of which can make your gameplay less tedious (the respec raven mod for example).

DA2 is a little more even in comparison as far as controls go.

Yeah dragon age origins is vastly superior with KB/M. I really wish inquisition was more like origins, but it's so boring and dumbed down.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Herr Direktor posted:

Sounds like someone found out about your bone.......

Somehow I knew even Microsoft was behind this. :argh:

weaaddar posted:

Oh yeah, I definitely know better than to chargeback (and this was paid with a PSN card anyway). Whatever, right now I have more than half the season pass' content so I'm still technically "ahead" versus having bought the pass at full price, will just give their various avenues a nudge until they fix the store's items.

univbee fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 10, 2015

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
So the call was disconnected, there's no actual way to determine if the agent hung up on you, but you assume they did?

I'm sorry; this is a huge sticking point with me because while I don't work in a call center, I do handle a good number of blind calls from customers at work, and the number that call back to complain about how I or my other workers hang up on them loving pisses me off because I myself never hang up, and we can't ask them "well, how do you KNOW they hung up on you."

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Univbee doesn't strike me as a liar. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Far Cry 4, Destiny and some other games are available for $29.49 over here: http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-4-downloads/

People here have used the site before and I can't remember any issues being reported.

Got the Last of Us remastered for $20.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

matrix ripoff posted:

So the call was disconnected, there's no actual way to determine if the agent hung up on you, but you assume they did?

I'm sorry; this is a huge sticking point with me because while I don't work in a call center, I do handle a good number of blind calls from customers at work, and the number that call back to complain about how I or my other workers hang up on them loving pisses me off because I myself never hang up, and we can't ask them "well, how do you KNOW they hung up on you."

I'm willing to accept that maybe this was a fluke, like he hosed up adjusting his headset or the phone system went super-weird for some reason. I'd just never been disconnected outside of being transferred before, and I would have had a "call failed" message on my end if it was an issue along those lines. Anyway, I'm at least happy I didn't get completely stonewalled, and I do hope they hire more dudes like the guy I spoke to after the disconnect (and yes, he's getting a good review when I get surveyed). But yeah, I'd been a bit wiffly-waffly on whether I was going to migrate back to primarily buying discs and this this kind of thing is definitely pushing me more in that direction.

Hilariously, I think some people on PC are starting to use Origin increasingly because they pretty much have the best support and refund policy by far out of the digital distributors (refund policy is thanks to the backlash against Simcity).

univbee fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 10, 2015

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The 5 day PS+ extension has been silently given out. No email was sent out, and Transaction Details says it was a 1-month membership, even though it was actually 5 days. Automatic renewal for PS+ was NOT restarted, thank goodness.

Dammit, everything claimed from PS+ is back to the top of the download list again. :tizzy:

The 10% discount code was not sent out yet.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 10, 2015

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Just wanna chime in and say holy good god drat The Swapper is excellent. I feel bad it was a freebie I want to give the devs my money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pegnose Pete posted:

Just wanna chime in and say holy good god drat The Swapper is excellent. I feel bad it was a freebie I want to give the devs my money.

Your PS+ sub pays for it. The devs get money from those subs.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

I said come in! posted:

Your PS+ sub pays for it. The devs get money from those subs.

That's nice. Good to know.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pegnose Pete posted:

You can always buy the PC version if you feel strongly about it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Swapper really surprised me. I'm 150% tired of indie puzzle games but I tried it last night out of boredom and was blown away by how good it looked, how solid the controls and physics felt, the atmosphere, sound, everything. Seriously good game. As long as it doesn't get hard and tedious later on I'm definitely a fan.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks like not everyone got the PS+ extension. So don't freak out if you don't see it yet.

Minor updates to the EU store:

Nidhogg looks to be safe to buy now. The glitched listing is no longer there, and background info confirms both versions are given out. It also looks like if you bought the glitched version, you'll have free access to the correct bundle.

Prototype 2 Italian/Spanish version was finally made free for PS+ members.

:wtf: There are at least 5 versions of Prototype 2 in the EU region:
English/French/German version
Italian/Spanish version
Censored German version for Germany
Polish version
Russian version

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

More games should do this, saves you from having to download all the different languages unnecessarily which will chew up your bandwidth.

• Locked thread