Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
:sun: and at last, the sun finally shines upon the sunshine state. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Eat a dick Newman, you gently caress.

Sorry, just got home/saw the results.

Ha loving ha. [redacted]

Blow fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 31, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"The National Party MPs and senators do not get a vote in a Liberal leadership ballot and one said the party would not countenance anything that smelled of chaos." ahahahahahah yeah like you matter

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
gently caress you redwolf you literal crazy person i hope you die in a ditch

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I AM FREAKING THE gently caress OUT

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stop, drop, shut 'em down open up shop
Oh, no
That's how Brough Rydaz roll

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Dogfucker has seen the light!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Is this real

I'm out with normies and they are acting like everything is normal but it's not. Everything is wonderful and I want to kiss everyone on the lips

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

If Queensland is feeling this way, then maybe there is hope for the rest of us.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"The National Party MPs and senators do not get a vote in a Liberal leadership ballot and one said the party would not countenance anything that smelled of chaos." ahahahahahah yeah like you matter

Read some rumours in The Saturday Paper about Truss stepping down this year, so the Nats might have their own little leadership fight given Barnaby isn't universally loved.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Galaxy Poll reveals support for Prime Minister Tony Abbott and the Coalition plunges dramatically

quote:

PRIME Minister Tony Abbott would lead the Liberal Party to a historic defeat that would deliver a primary vote of just 36 per cent and terminate the careers of more than 40 Coalition MPs if an election was held today.
Love how this graphic doesn't have Blob Snorten on it

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Strong Team. Strong Plan. Stronger QLD.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry. I'll stop now.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Prime Minister Duke Sir Prince Philip?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Albo for PM

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's happening?!

Where were you when Victoria and Queensland triggered The Happening?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

AHHHHHHHHHH the light has returned to my life

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Jumpingmanjim posted:

John Howard and his team were outstanding as is Tony Abbott and his team which will be more clearly shown as time goes on. However I suggest that Tony Abbott get aggressive and stop letting the Lefties run all over him. The Lefties regard a very capable gentleman like Tony Abbott as weak. The Lefties appear to be trained to be nasty, do not understand anything else and will not change

Even before most media campaigned hard for obviously unsuited Kevin Rudd and helped get us into Labor’s huge debt and mess - costing $1billion per month in interest - the 95% of the media - especially the ABC and Canberra Press Gallery and Fairfax - who work hard to help the Labor/Left take us further down the Labor road to being another Greece -are a very serious problem for Australians who want a good sustainable future.Especially as this media does its best also to stop Tony Abbott getting his message out &/or distorts it.

Most media work hard at doing their best to put ALL the blame on Tony Abbott and his team while still creating irresponsible furores over trivialities over the Knighthood for the Duke of Edinburgh, Tony Abbott winking back at Jon Faine, Joe Hockey smoking a cigar etc. While saying little or nothing about Labor’s huge debt and mess and Shorten’s sabotaging Tony Abbott & Coalition efforts to get Australia back on track.

Unfortunately like many others, there are only a rare few journalists/columnists that I rely on.

This latest unbalanced media and Lefty attack on Tony Abbott over the triviality of the Knight-hood Award has alerted even more people to how very bad the ABC and most media are and I expect it will cost the media dearly, even more than in the past. e.g. Lefty Fairfax has concentrated on supporting the Left - half the market - and denigrating the Coalition which is half the market. Fairfax is in steep decline.

I also comment that when the Labor/Left talk about conservative journalists/columnists they can only name a rare few but all the rest - at least 95% - are Labor/Left - who will not admit they are Left - instead determined to either not let the Coalition message get out at all or report a damaging & distorted version of it. e.g.:- The ABC is getting its $1.2billion in tax-payers funding per year under false pretences as it cannot be relied on and has not had a conservative presenter,host or interviewer in a prominent position for at least 25 years.

Link?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Smart State

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

http://bit.ly/1yRKHqM

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Nuclear Spy posted:

Love how this graphic doesn't have Blob Snorten on it

Tony Abbott is losing to an empty suit, that's embarrassing amongst many other embarrassments.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Abbott being electable was just a tiny loving blip on the political timeline. A very unfortunate blip of course, but thank God Australias senses has returned.

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Campbell Newman posted:

My political career is over.
It is over.

:toot:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Campbell newmann was sent from the future to warn australia about the dangers of neoliberalism the only way it would understand?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“Oh Gerard. You total clown.”

- Jonathan (“Proudly the ABC’s Sneerer-in-Chief”) Green on Twitter, Friday 3 October 2014, 4.31 pm [Mr Green must be an obsessive avid reader to respond so soon. – Ed]

“Good morning. All the gooder for being attacked (for thousandth time) by silly Gerard in the Oz”

- Phillip Adams via Twitter, 27 September 2014

“What troubles me most is that he [Gerard Henderson] shows such low journalistic standards, yet he is politically quite influential. He is often on Insiders. It’s hard to see why: he comes across as a crank.”

- Kate Durham as told to Crikey, 16 September 2014

“The unhinged but well spoken Gerard Henderson….”

- Bob Ellis, Table Talk blog, 10 August 2014

“Gerard Henderson and Nancy are awful human beings.”

- Alexander White, Twitter, 25 July 2014

“This is my regularly scheduled “Oh Gerard” tweet for every time he appears on #insiders”

- Josh Taylor, senior journalist for ZDNet, Twitter, 20 July 2014

“…that fu-kwitted Gerard “Gollum” Henderson….”

- Mike (“I’ll pour the gin”) Carlton, via Twitter, 12 July 2014

“[Gerard Henderson is a] silly prick”

- Mike (“I’ll pour the gin”) Carlton – tweeted Saturday 27 June 2014 at 4.15 pm, i.e. after lunch

“If Gerard Henderson had run Beria’s public relations Stalin’s death would have been hidden for a year and Nikita [Khrushchev] and co would have been shot”

- Laurie Ferguson via Twitter - 22 June 2014 [By-line: Mr Ferguson is a member of the House of Representatives who speaks in riddles.]

“[Gerard Henderson] is the Eeyore of Australian public life”

- Mike Seccombe in The [Boring] Saturday Paper – 21 June 2014

“Without in any way wanting to breach anyone’s human rights or free speech – why do people write emails to Gerard Henderson?”

- Katharine Murphy, Twitter, Friday 6 June 2014

“[Gerard Henderson is] an unhinged prick”

- Mike Carlton, Twitter, Thursday 12 June 2014

“There’s no sense that Gerard Henderson has any literary credentials at all.”

- Anonymous comment quoted, highlighted and presumably endorsed by Jason (“I’m a left-leaning luvvie”) Steger, The Age, 31 May 2014

On boyfriend’s insistence, watching the notorious Gerard Henderson/@Kate_McClymont Lateline segment. GH: What an odd, angry gnome of a man.

- Benjamin Law, via Twitter, Thursday 17 Apr 2014, 11:21 pm

Can’t believe I just spent my Thursday evening with a video recap of Gerard Henderson. I’m a f-cking moron.

- Benjamin Law, via Twitter, Thursday 17 Apr 2014, 11:23 pm

“[Gerard Henderson is an] unhinged crank”

- Mike Carlton, via Twitter, Saturday 29 March 2014, 4.34 pm

Complete stranger comes up to me: that Gerard Henderson’s a xxxxxx.

– Jonathan Green via Twitter, 8 February 2014

“[Gerard Henderson is] a sclerotic warhorse, unhelpful to debate, unwilling to think… a wonderful study in delusion… ideologically-constipated.”

- Erik Jensen, editor of Morry Schwartz’s The Saturday Paper [forthcoming], 23 November 2013

“The last time Gerard Henderson smiled was in 1978, when he saw a university student being mauled by a pitbull.”

- Ben Pobjie, via Twitter, 13 October 2013 [Editor’s Note: Mr “Why Can’t I Score an

Invite on Q&A?” Pobjie is wrong. In fact, the year was 1977 and the dog was a blue-heeler – like Nancy]

“I think Henderson is seriously ill. There’s enough there for an entire convention of psychiatrists.”

- Mike (“I’ll pour the gin”) Carlton (after Pre-Dinner Drinks tweet to Jeff Sparrow), 8 October 2013

“Wrong, you got caught out, off to Gerard Henderson’s Media Watch Dog for you!”

- Tim Wilson tweet to Jonathan Green and Virginia Trioli, 8 October 2013.

“Nancy as ever will be the judge”

- Jonathan Green to Tim Wilson and Virginia Trioli (conceding to the arbitral authority of Nancy), 8 October 2013

[Gerard Henderson’s analysis of the ABC] is absolutely simplistic.”

- ABC managing director Mark Scott talking to ABC presenter Jonathan Green on ABC Radio National Drive, 2 May 2013.

“Oh my God; you’re as bad as Gerard Henderson.”

- Dr Peter Van Onselen (for a doctor he is), The Contrarians, Sky News, 20 September 2013.

“The nation mourns Gerard Henderson. He’s in perfect health.”

- Phillip Adams, via Twitter, 2 July 2013 (favourited by Virginia Trioli)

“Old Australian saying. ‘He wouldn’t know a tram was up him unless the bell rang’. Wholly appropriate to Gerard Henderson”

- Phillip Adams, via Twitter, 7 May 2013

“I said publicly once that I thought that Gerard’s views on the ABC came not from his brain but from his spinal cord”

- Tim Bowden as told to Phillip (“I was a teenage Stalinist”) Adams, Late Night Live, 11 June 2013 – Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday.

“Gerard Henderson is a crank”

- David Marr at the 2013 Sydney Writers’ Festival (as reported by Mike Carlton)

“The great Australian media nutter Gerard [Henderson is an] ungrateful bastard”.

- Mark Latham, Q&A, 10 June 2013.

“[Gerard Henderson] is a moral dwarf …Gerard, pull your head in”

- Professor Sinclair Davidson, 24 April 2013.

“[Henderson] You are mad. In the 18th century you would have been caged, with the mob invited to poke you with sticks.”

- Mike Carlton, 5.23 pm (Gin & Tonic Time) 25 March 2013

“I like to think of Gerard [Henderson] as the Inspector Clouseau of forensic journalism”

- David Marr, ABC News 24 The Drum, 21 March 2013.

“[Media Watch Dog is] not a moan, more of a miserable dribble”

- Peter Munro, 21 March 2013

“You are a fool, Henderson, a malicious and mendacious piece of poo poo… Now F_ck off”

- Mike Carlton, 11 March 2013 (Hangover Time).

“[Gerard Henderson is] an internet pest”

- Dr (for a doctor he is) Jeff Sparrow, 26 February 2013.

Jonathan Green: “Nancy, will be taking notes, I suspect”

Michael Rowland: “Nancy…yes. We’ll get a nice write-up on Friday. Good morning as well, Gerard. Thanks for watching, by the way.”

- ABC 1 News Breakfast, 18 October 2012

“Gerard [Henderson] is a complete f-ckwit”

- Malcolm Farr, via Twitter, 29 June 2012 (circa pre-dinner drinks)

“What a haughty flapping half-arsed buffoon he [Henderson] is”

- Bob Ellis on his Table Talk blog, 8 May 2012 (before breakfast)

“We’d better be careful what we say, just in case Gerard’s offsider pooch Nancy is keeping an eye on us for his delightfully earnest Media Watch Dog”

- Tom Cowie of The Power Index, Crikey 20 January 2012

“Henderson…What a pompous, pretentious turd you are.”

- Mike Carlton, Saturday 13 August 2011 (after lunch)

“Go to the Sydney Institute Media Watch Dog website to marvel at [its] work”

- Mark Latham The Spectator Australia 11 June 2011.

Media Watch Dog – “disgraceful”, “sick”

- Professor Robert Manne, April Fool’s Day 2011.

“Before going further can you write to confirm that these emails are private correspondence and not for publication”

- ABC News Radio’s Marius Benson, 11 March 2011. He did go further – see MWD Issue 86.

“I realise this makes me practically retarded, but until five minutes ago I thought Nancy was Gerard Henderson’s wife, not his dog.”

- Byronbache via Twitter, Monday 7 February 2011

“Gerard Henderson is big enough to take care of himself, but that doesn’t stop us worrying about him from time to time. Lately it’s Hendo’s tendency to self-harm that has us losing sleep. For example, peruse the correspondence he’s published in his latest Media Watch Dog blog… There’s a part of us that just wants to ask: “Hendo, are you OK?”

- James Jeffrey’s “Strewth!” column, The Australian, 8 November 2010.

“Media Watch Dog on Fridays…is a sort of popular read in the Crikey office”

- Crikey’s Andrew Crook on ABC 2 News Breakfast, 24 September 2010.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
AFC won, QLD out of the hands of complete lunatics and now only held by mostly-lunatics. The only thing that could make this day better is some Raptorfag to carry us off into the sunset

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Gentleman Baller posted:

Abbott being electable was just a tiny loving blip on the political timeline. A very unfortunate blip of course, but thank God Australias senses has returned.

Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard. Massive swing though it was it was still a close election and QLD is just dumb enough to elect an LNP Government next time.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Annastacia defending radio 4zzz right to stay on campus at UQ 1989

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The rest of this evenings tweets have him whining about the ABC, that postal votes will magically make up the difference and LNP will pick up seats...
I don't understand how these people have jobs as political commentators/journalists. How can someone have so little insight into the very thing they profess having insight into :psyduck:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
They aren't hired for their insight, they're hired for their volume.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Join the LNP, be the change you want to see.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
or is it see the change you want to be?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
14 point swing to Labor and above average greens vote in my seat - still LNP held but it's a good sign.

gently caress Campbell Newman.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Palmersaurus posted:

or is it see the change you want to be?

For a lot of people it's "see the change you want to see".

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

“Oh Gerard. You total clown.”

I was hoping he'd be on Insiders tomorrow (today?) but I fear not.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mithranderp posted:

You are correct and attractive, I love you.

I agree

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Hot.

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This, but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Stop the Scrotes posted:

gently caress you redwolf you literal crazy person i hope you die in a ditch

What the gently caress is this?

• Locked thread