Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring
IM离开你永远自带酒水,但我知道你不会照顾

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
喂我一只流浪猫

joke_explainer

I hope Luvcow reconsiders. Traditionally, we love Luvcow, though he's been going through a weird spell lately.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure Tebulot knows he was in a contest even. I thought he was gonna get probed out of nowhere.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I did figure out I was in a contest after I tried to reply and discovered I'd already been goldmined.

Does this now mean that I have become a

:airquote: Good poster :airquote:

Tebulot

im hip now bois

And that video is so close to what happened in reality it's spooky

fuck. marry. t-rex

Bwee posted:

gently caress, Marry, T Rex --- what can I do to make this thread better?

Bwee posted:

1.0: The X-man cometh
1.0: gently caress. marry. t-rex
1.0: HUSKY DILF
1.0: Koishi Komeiji
1.0: TWIST FIST

Please explain yourselves.

Zany probates aren't actually that fun, in my opinion, and your rules are boring and lack a consistent theme or purpose. The latter transforms what could be the defining of an interesting, fresh, and short-term posting culture (which tends to lead to more activity), into a manic and random event where posters are removed from activity (via the former).

I like the probation counters from Cumt and SecDrone, though. They are cool and fun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bwee
My only rules are "no racism" and "no sexism," the bold movie titles thing was a joke that people started purposely getting probated for for charity.

Also this ^ was my first probation for no reason I think.

Bwee fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 5, 2015

bwatts

whether you like him or not you asked for feedback on the forum and he gave it, imho that was nice of him

joke_explainer

Tebulot posted:

And that video is so close to what happened in reality it's spooky

thank you, yeah. i thought that would amuse some people. mainly I was feeling bad for getting you probed so it felt worth the effort. I was really happy with how the gif I made turned out, even though nobody commented on it (I assume because it was ridiculously large. I made a smaller version (link goes to the MP4):

But I figured out how to adjust lighting (tried to make the light match the conditions somewhere for bwatt's 'face', and I made a 3d mesh sphere for bwatt's face, and made a rain effect in front of it so it blended in better. I was trying to use Maxon Cinema 4D for 3d animation so the 'turn' would look better and the face could be made to look better / even talk but was running out of time so it just went in as is.

Bwee

vice.com op-ed posted:

whether you like him or not you asked for feedback on the forum and he gave it, imho that was nice of him

Yeah I guess so.

Apologies gently caress marry trex for my itchy trigger finger.

Bwee fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 5, 2015

bwatts

joke_explainer posted:

thank you, yeah. i thought that would amuse some people. mainly I was feeling bad for getting you probed so it felt worth the effort. I was really happy with how the gif I made turned out, even though nobody commented on it (I assume because it was ridiculously large. I made a smaller version (link goes to the MP4):

But I figured out how to adjust lighting (tried to make the light match the conditions somewhere for bwatt's 'face', and I made a 3d mesh sphere for bwatt's face, and made a rain effect in front of it so it blended in better. I was trying to use Maxon Cinema 4D for 3d animation so the 'turn' would look better and the face could be made to look better / even talk but was running out of time so it just went in as is.

i cant watch the video because my internetdoesnt like youtube but im sure its very good and i liked the gif

Tebulot

im hip now bois

So is that all the contests over?

Bwee
No one has seconded any of the nominated threads

Bwee
Feel free to nominate more

Bwee

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Zany probates aren't actually that fun, in my opinion, and your rules are boring and lack a consistent theme or purpose. The latter transforms what could be the defining of an interesting, fresh, and short-term posting culture (which tends to lead to more activity), into a manic and random event where posters are removed from activity (via the former).

I like the probation counters from Cumt and SecDrone, though. They are cool and fun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Welcome back. Sorry again.

Which rules do you find boring? Is it the probations for the contest? The probations for not bolding movie titles?

joke_explainer

i would love to nominate another but I feel efforted out...

I guess I'll second YG's nomination. :evilbuddy:

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I'll uh, third? Thirded? This one too.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

It's already stickied though

tao of lmao

p and v are perfectly acceptable imo

bwatts

i dont like them

bwatts

but im inconsistent with my use of apostrophes and think restricting speech is bad. let the bad posters say p and v as much as they want

tao of lmao

thats v kind of you

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
p and v are so 2008

dogcrash truther
I like putting the p in the v :ay:

bwatts

dogcrash truther posted:

I like putting the p in the v :ay:

i made a joke equating them to sex already why are yu stealing my jokes from the mod thread

bwatts

you sket.

Bwee
Yeah I can see this is a bad thing:

Linedance posted:

I fell for the miliband honeypot, at least that's what I assume it was, or maybe it was just a retroactively applied rule, but anyway rules in BYOB frighten and confuse me. But I made an effort to try and understand

dogcrash truther

vice.com op-ed posted:

i made a joke equating them to sex already why are yu stealing my jokes from the mod thread

I don't read your posts

joke_explainer

I think the zany rules were really funny though and it'd be sad if we didn't have any zany rules. Maybe post a new thread with the 'new rules' so people know to check it though, since people don't always check back to the first page b/c the title always says 'Updated'

bwatts

Bwee posted:

Yeah I can see this is a bad thing:

curbing this was the intention of the teh thread, so that you can gas threads likethat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts

dogcrash truther posted:

I don't read your posts

no wonder youre always sad and angry and lonely

• Locked thread