Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
50 Samurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm about 2k words into the new OP. Should be good in a day or two.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Honestly you should just go to classical as the unit upgrades are huge. Plus all the research etc becomes available. My infantry went from 50 attack to 113 and the hp went up by 25%. Basically my army has double the hitting power.

If you haven't picked a civ yet Romans have been great for me. Bigger armies and the special infantry has a ton of hp.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Make sure to put in the OP that hanging gardens are loving terrible. :smith:

Acropolis or Stonehenge are the best choices, since walls cost gold and food seems to be easier to get.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gromdul posted:

Make sure to put in the OP that hanging gardens are loving terrible. :smith:

Acropolis or Stonehenge are the best choices, since walls cost gold and food seems to be easier to get.

I honestly think I say that on the draft.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I picked Notre Dame for classical as it seemed the best. But if you are Japanese maybe the Forbidden city would be better if they both attack.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Acropolis, Forbidden City, and later the one that gives your defenders more hp seems like a great way to make your base a pain in the rear end to attack.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I can't seem to find the goon group. It's goon privilege right?

Edit: found it. non clean language

DailyDumSum fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 14, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I cover that too

Question. I have the second post in the thread so I could post the OP there but I'm not sure how big each post can be in terms of word count.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Sent a join request to Goon Privilege.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Soulex posted:

I cover that too

Question. I have the second post in the thread so I could post the OP there but I'm not sure how big each post can be in terms of word count.

Start a new thread and ask a mod to close this one?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gromdul posted:

Start a new thread and ask a mod to close this one?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Best unmentioned feature ever: you can cancel buildings or upgrades free of charge for a short time after buying them.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

nightwisher posted:

Best unmentioned feature ever: you can cancel buildings or upgrades free of charge for a short time after buying them.

Good info!

I'll be sure to add this!

I'll also make a new thread soon. As soon as I get everything up and ready. HOPEFULLY today, if not tomorrow. Busy at work and at home.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Add me to the "Oh god why did I choose hanging gardens, oh gently caress my life" camp.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Anyone got a go/no go list for classical wonders.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Looks like Colosseum and Notre Dame are the only logical choices, the other ones are once a day raid bonuses that are dumb. Colosseum if you want your base to be harder to attack, and Notre Dame if you want your Library upgrades to cost less forever (you probably want this one)

\/\/\/ - Well yes, Stonehenge is the best one in the Iron Age, but he was asking about Classical

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 14, 2015

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

McSpankWich posted:

Looks like Colosseum and Notre Dame are the only logical choices, the other ones are once a day raid bonuses that are dumb. Colosseum if you want your base to be harder to attack, and Notre Dame if you want your Library upgrades to cost less forever (you probably want this one)

Ownshenge

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Once per day attack bonus will be amazing if wars are ever introduced.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
if the bonus works in wars

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Getting there. 3k words now. But yeah. Avoid hanging gardens.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Atari teenager posted:

Found this on Nexon forums, pretty happy with it, people tend to avoid attacking me and when they do they barely can scratch any resources and I get free shield while they lose entire forces.

I have no idea why he wouldn't push the lower half one tile down and put the road in the middle of the fortress.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hanging gardens doesn't seem that bad if you are on quite often

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's also bugged so instead of 20% ham its 20 flat

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I made a somewhat lovely decision on my first tier wonder. What is the go to option for the second set of wonders?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This game needs to give you 30 more seconds to attack. Even in raids where I send out everyone and lose nobody I'm still a few seconds short on getting total destruction. And this is just Iron Age, I can't imagine getting 100% when poo poo gets real.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
everytime I attack my troops run around like a bunch of fumbling toddlers and get megafucked by the defense and I want to hit my head with a brick

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

From my very small amount of experience with raiding so far, the rally mechanism is a godsend. It allows you to tell all your forces to drop their poo poo and get the gently caress over wherever you're pointing. They don't just walk there, either. They run their pudgy asses off to get there asap. A lot of my raid targets have had 3 archer towers and 1/2 barracks or whatever the name of the troop-spawning building is, so I'll drop my troops at the archer towers, let them do their thing, then rally the hell over to the barracks and nip that before it gets too bad. Once those are down, if my forces split up and are taking a while to destroy patches of a base, I'll rally them all to one side so they can all blob the whole thing down at once. It's really useful, and kinda making me wish I had taken the civ that gives faster rallies now.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The archers in this game are meant for defenders but if they put one shot on a building they will keep shooting the building no matter how many dudes are in range until its destroyed. They don't focus on defenders until searching for another target. So I've been dropping archers altogether from army and I don't think its hurt at all. Maybe at higher levels.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The archers in this game are meant for defenders but if they put one shot on a building they will keep shooting the building no matter how many dudes are in range until its destroyed. They don't focus on defenders until searching for another target. So I've been dropping archers altogether from army and I don't think its hurt at all. Maybe at higher levels.

That's if you tell them to attack a building, I think. I learned to time that a bit better and they kill dudes fine.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

From doing more reading on the unlinking / resetting accounts issue, at this point it looks like once you link an account to Gmail you're stuck with it. Unlinking is something they're looking at in the future, but for now it's not possible.

I guess I'll have to sit at the desktop and break out the old poopsock if I want to play this game properly.... :smith:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm not even sure what this linking poo poo does. I just cancel the dialogue (loving twice) every time the game starts.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Beef Hardcheese posted:

From doing more reading on the unlinking / resetting accounts issue, at this point it looks like once you link an account to Gmail you're stuck with it. Unlinking is something they're looking at in the future, but for now it's not possible.

I guess I'll have to sit at the desktop and break out the old poopsock if I want to play this game properly.... :smith:

Make a new gmail account, and add it to your phone. Then link the game to your new account on your desktop. Then do the same on your phone.

No real downsides except your achievements won't add to your first Google plus profile? Who cares?

Resplendentoops
Dec 24, 2002

A man, a plan, a canal, Nicaragua!
Sending a join request to Goon Privilege

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

That got it, thanks! I was even helpfully informed that setting "Beef Hardcheese" as my Google+ name might not result in the best user experience... Pfft, what do they know. :colbert:

Megazver posted:

I'm not even sure what this linking poo poo does. I just cancel the dialogue (loving twice) every time the game starts.

The only real benefit to the linking thing is to be able to play the game on multiple devices. No one gives a poo poo about Google Gamerpoints or whatever it is. I used it to effectively restart my game, which you can't do right now. I started a new game on my PC via Bluestacks, then linked it to a new gmail account. Then add the new gmail account to my phone, and when I cleared/reinstalled it gave me the option to log in on the new account, and it pulled the new game onto my phone from the PC.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, is this game unable to use wifi to connect to the servers or some weird poo poo? I can connect just fine at home, where I get a great cell signal, but not at work, where I get good wifi, but no cell signal. Clash of Clans is able to connect just fine.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I put what seemed to be the most pertinent information in the OP. Let me know when you have a real one going and I'll close this sucka down.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
http://dominations.wikia.com/wiki/DomiNations!_Wiki

This wiki has a lot of info on the research bonuses and crap. It's clearly far from complete, but you could for sure hijack a bunch of info

edit: turns out I am an idiot and everyone already knew this

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Megazver posted:

That's if you tell them to attack a building, I think. I learned to time that a bit better and they kill dudes fine.

If you rally to attack a building everybody will just shoot it while the defenders pound on them. If you don't rally and they're shooting a building, the individual archers won't switch targets until they destroy the building or get individually attacked. It makes attacking well-laid out bases pretty difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3713669

Still working on it but I had enough for an OP at least.

• Locked thread