Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It appears the YCS goldmine is already chock full of classic IZ threads like "Happy 4/20 DDRD" and "fat gently caress game guy has cancer"
I like having threads in the general goldmine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like having threads in the general goldmine.

its bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It makes IZ threads seem better next to 50-page GBS threads.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

It makes IZ threads seem better next to 50-page GBS threads.

i think having NPR games next to Riker is turning into a Derp face is kinda lovely

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's true

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

i think having NPR games next to Riker is turning into a Derp face is kinda lovely
Does a delicious meal surrounded by trash become more delicious for the comparison, or worse for the smell?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A discussion on the relative merit of thread locations. This is gonna be a two coffee kinda day

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would you play a bunch of bad games to make one good game better,,,?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
basically I think that according to Holevo entropy we should have our own goldmine for our threads so i don't have to wade through GBS stuff

edit: forgot to show my work

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made my own theorem; substitute VG for video games and FTW for for the win

VG=FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

frank.club posted:

I made my own theorem; substitute VG for video games and FTW for for the win

VG=FTW

ghey

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

A discussion on the relative merit of thread locations. This is gonna be a two coffee kinda day
The goldmines are only relative to each other. Their position on the forums is absolute.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

fags

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

The goldmines are only relative to each other. Their position on the forums is absolute.

We can either know where the threads are, or how fast they're going, but not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Chalets the Baka posted:

A charge density wave is the periodic fluctuation in the Steam charge density - a standing wave (a wave where each point on its axis maintains a constant amplitude) in electronic wave functions by combining electronic sale states moving in opposite directions. This is accompanied by a periodic distortion of the player-base lattice in a quasi-1-D or quasi-2-D layered metallic crystal online community. Players argued that $99 horse nuts would be unstable to the formation of sales gaps at the Fermi wavevectors ±kF, which reduces the energies of the filled player states at ±kF as compared to their original Fermi energy. The threshold below which such gaps form is known as the Paid-mods transition threshold, Pm. A spin density wave (SDW) can be viewed as two Valve PR heads for the spin-up and spin-down subbands, whose charge modulations are 180° out-of-phase with the PC community.

your not ready for longform posts