Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hoops posted:

Edit: I never liked that advice about "just watch games for months on end without caring about the result". It's a sport, not being neutral is a fundamental part of it. Support Liverpool.

facebook jihad posted:

I mostly just lurk but am a pretty hardcore US Chelsea fan. I picked them literally because I liked their jerseys and they were fun to play as in FIFA games and it's worked out so far. Plus you get to come in here each week and read the haters whine and cry over the typical 1-0 snore fest that is a Chelsea game, so that is a bonus.

This is what happens when you pick a team for no good reason other than "they are successful". Chelsea fans. Nobody wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Shrapnig posted:

Then don't support a club governed by Russian oil money when you could support a club governed by a fat sportswear magnate, or American trust funders, or endless Emirati oil money, or crazy East Asian billionaires.

So, Swans

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Chelsea were so boring against Sydney FC that people throwing paper planes from the stands was more interesting than the second half lmao

Shroud
May 11, 2009

webmeister posted:

Chelsea were so boring against Sydney FC that people throwing paper planes from the stands was more interesting than the second half lmao

Don't hate them because Mourinho wanted to play sensibly. Nothing worse than throwing away a lead in this league, and you want to finish as high up the table as you can so you can get trophies. There's a lot to admire in a 1-0 result against a plucky underdog, especially in such a high-stakes match.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Josh Lyman posted:

They do have the same colors as my alma matter and I like the crest, but I would hate for all my enjoyment to come from schadenfreude - I'd like to genuinely root for the club.
you obviously know they are the current champions and are worth rooting for. just make some "kiss the rings" posts and you'll fit in well. if you need some coaching drop me a pm.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

Support Bournemouth, they need some TRP fans imo.

They're being linked with Berba :allears:

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
support west ham m8, we're on the up and up

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
leicester appears to be a team of relaxed guys who know how to have a good time, solid team to pick imo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

West Ham supporters getting excited over Emery...remember Juande Ramos?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Myssu posted:

This is what happens when you pick a team for no good reason other than "they are successful". Chelsea fans. Nobody wants that.

To be fair West Brom is my second team because I like the bird crest. Are there even any West Brom supporters on this board?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ewar Woowar posted:

West Ham supporters getting excited over Emery...remember Juande Ramos?

I'm cautiously optimistic, because at least it isn't Big Sam, right? Right?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"second team" lol you loving plastics.

my favorite sentence next to "norwich are likeable". uh huh.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

Lmao if you don't keep mybestteams.xls updated constantly with columns for league position, kit quality, and net spend.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my second team is germany even though i'm a american from indigo or some other dumb named loving state

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Abu Dave posted:

lol this is rich

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah mate sometimes you want to switch your team's colors on the FIFA game

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 3, 2015

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Abu Dave posted:

my second team is germany even though i'm a american from indigo or some other dumb named loving state

sorry we arent all from stratford-on-the-damp-tyne mate

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic, because at least it isn't Big Sam, right? Right?

I hate Allardyce with a passion but he knows how to keep a team in the Premier League.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hate Allardyce with a passion but he knows how to keep a team in the Premier League.

He does, but I've got faith that some other people can figure it out too

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
My favorite thing about this sub is the awful plastics telling prospective plastics that they shouldn't pick a team and should just enjoy the game, which no one has done, ever

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

My favorite thing about this sub is the awful plastics telling prospective plastics that they shouldn't pick a team and should just enjoy the game, which no one has done, ever

How do people pick teams anyway?!

I support Liverpool because that's where my family are from and that's who they support. In other sports I support my local club.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
if I wanted to read what non plastics say I'd read the Championship thread

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I support Melbourne Victory because they are my local club but also watching the prem is good so I follow West Ham because I'm a gay fail retard

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

I support Melbourne Victory because they are my local club but also watching the prem is good so I follow West Ham because I'm a gay fail retard

Tbf a lot of Australians have played for West Ham so I guess there is some link there at least.

Also you're a thieving Aussie oval office so I know you claim Big Winston Reid as one of your own.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

blue footed boobie posted:

How does an American with no ties to England at all pick a team without being plastic?

poo poo, guess I'm just stuck with MLS then.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

facebook jihad posted:

How does an American with no ties to England at all pick a team without being plastic?

You can't, so pick a premier league team to follow and be a plastic, or don't.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

facebook jihad posted:

You do it by picking whoever is best while claiming some absolute nonsense as the reason, then in a couple of seasons when they are no longer the best you forget about your deep and abiding passion for the club until they start doing well again.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
You have to either support your local team OR the team your dad wants you to.

Just because you aren't a kid anymore and your dad is american and hates 'soccer' doesn't mean the rules don't apply. Give your dad a league table and whichever team he picks is who you are stuck with for life.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Its weird how everyone's Dads seem to support the teams that win things.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
if you need goon approval on which team you support you can gently caress right off imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My Dad is a Liverpool plastic.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It doesn't matter who you pick because you'll get bored and stop following them 2 weeks in

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Start all new posters in the championship thread to see if they can hack it

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
That's easy you just need to post 'we all hate Leeds' about once a week and you fit right in

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
The Championship thread is actually the Boro thread, because they'll never get out of it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Blue Star Error posted:

Its weird how everyone's Dads seem to support the teams that win things.

my dad is a big smelly retard so he couldn't even do that right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
As I've said before, I support whichever team has the highest numbers in FIFA each year.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Please do not support Norwich. I like being the only American. The people at Carrow Road thought my accent was charming.

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Just pick a team and be a plastic. What's the worst that could happen, someone on the internet being mean to you? Stop overthinking this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Anyone got Russ's Blackburn post from ages ago? It really should be a sticky

• Locked thread