Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lol at princess ruto getting 3 stars. its like he cant decide for sure if he is or is not attracted to fish women so he just hedged his bets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also it's cool that he made the max rating super weird and then decided "wait everyone's gonna think i'm a freak if I actually say that, better just put 4's instead"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

also it's cool that he made the max rating super weird and then decided "wait everyone's gonna think i'm a freak if I actually say that, better just put 4's instead"

I think he uses the same scale in multiple games and just had to admit that there was no 5 Star Babes in ocarina, and I'd have to agree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

I beat legend of zelda the ocarina of time with the help of this guy named marshmallow and his cool HTML gamefaqs guide: http://www.gamewinners.com/walkthrough/legend_zelda_ocarina_time/

oh no wait sorry the html thing is on gamewinners.com but whatever its a great guide

This guy is badass http://www.gamewinners.com/walkthrough/legend_zelda_ocarina_time/page2.htm

marshmallow posted:

I also started up my OWN Golden Skulltula List, and it's complete, too...oh, did I mention, it's not real vague like all the others. Strange, I know.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

agreed, adult malon is easily 5 stars

"You could get used to this!"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The most recent Quest 64 FAQ was uploaded in 2013. There were already four complete FAQ/Walkthroughs before this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

On a whim 10 years or so ago I bought some Nintendo Players Guides off of eBay, they're still pretty cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wonder what the man thinks about some of the newer LOZ babes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I wonder what the man thinks about some of the newer LOZ babes.

I bet Cia would break the scale, and get 6 or 7.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It stands to reason he would give imp Midna an uneasy three stars with a crack about her childbearing hips, and drop five stars on her unbelievably spicy Twili form.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

It stands to reason he would give imp Midna an uneasy three stars with a crack about her childbearing hips, and drop five stars on her unbelievably spicy Twili form.

Seems like you're projecting? Her alien nature would surely make the FAQ writer remove stars, so nobody would think he is a sex pervert.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't want to talk about this anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Why not? Afraid of popping a stiffy at work?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm sitting at home in my King Kong boxers, nursing a cup of coffee before I get dressed and head into the city.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm sitting at home in my King Kong boxers, nursing a cup of coffee before I get dressed and head into the city.

Go on...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Subject: [EXPLETIVE]!!!!

You are a [EXPLETIVE] loser who has to much [EXPLETIVE] time on his hands and i think you like it up the [EXPLETIVE] by little boys. You like to drink your own gizz and your brothers gizz and link from zelda's gizz and any other liquid you can get from your video game. I think your art work [EXPLETIVE] sucks [EXPLETIVE] and [EXPLETIVE] and your mother's [EXPLETIVE] will be nice and [EXPLETIVE] warm and you should die and go to [EXPLETIVE] and only a true [EXPLETIVE] would think about that.

Sincerly,
[WITHELD]

P.S. [EXPLETIVE] you loser

Subject: Deku Tree ?!?!?!?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

...well I don't think anyone's going to top that.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
wow that's really pretty disturbing. who spells it gizz? it's jizz you freak

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Good ref.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He removed all the swear words but left in the part where a stranger tells him to guzzle his brother's cum.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

He removed all the swear words but left in the part where a stranger tells him to guzzle his brother's cum.
You love gizz so much you probably play Gizmos and Gadgets because you wanted mo' gizz.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

I used to read those Nintendo Tips and Tricks and Nintendo Secrets books cover to cover.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I had #3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm looking at a real #2 right here as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I had these and would read them over and over for no discernible reason. I know how to beat Kings Quest V, Hook, and Bart vs The World by heart despite never playing any of them. Also something called "Nightshade", which seemed to be a Kings Quest-like adventure game, but about a gritty Batman/Daredevil knockoff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

those books that covered a bunch of different games were cool, cuz youd get to imagine the games you didnt own

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

boomshakalaka

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I had these and would read them over and over for no discernible reason. I know how to beat Kings Quest V, Hook, and Bart vs The World by heart despite never playing any of them.

Trust, me, you don't know how to beat Bart vs. the World.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I considered this joke, but didn't make it, and now I know I missed a good opportunity.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elf help book posted:

those books that covered a bunch of different games were cool, cuz youd get to imagine the games you didnt own

one time i went to walmart and bought a legend of legaia players guide when i was younger because i was out of things to read at my grandmother's house. i did not own legend of legaia, and have only recently played it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

one time i went to walmart and bought a legend of legaia players guide when i was younger because i was out of things to read at my grandmother's house. i did not own legend of legaia, and have only recently played it.

legend of la gay guy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Trust, me, you don't know how to beat Bart vs. the World.

i legit completed bart vs the world when i was younger. with the all the hidden poo poo. and you got to throw pies in mr burns and smithers faces as a reward. i had a lot of patience as a kid

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

lol at princess ruto getting 3 stars. its like he cant decide for sure if he is or is not attracted to fish women so he just hedged his bets

Haha... LOL.

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

legend of la gay guy

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

VideoGames posted:

i legit completed bart vs the world when i was younger. with the all the hidden poo poo. and you got to throw pies in mr burns and smithers faces as a reward. i had a lot of patience as a kid
loving hell mate...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

reading a mario 64 guide in the latino equivalent of nintendo power only to find it was the first third and getting excited for the next issue

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Subject: [EXPLETIVE]!!!!

You are a [EXPLETIVE] loser who has to much [EXPLETIVE] time on his hands and i think you like it up the [EXPLETIVE] by little boys. You like to drink your own gizz and your brothers gizz and link from zelda's gizz and any other liquid you can get from your video game. I think your art work [EXPLETIVE] sucks [EXPLETIVE] and [EXPLETIVE] and your mother's [EXPLETIVE] will be nice and [EXPLETIVE] warm and you should die and go to [EXPLETIVE] and only a true [EXPLETIVE] would think about that.

Sincerly,
[WITHELD]

P.S. [EXPLETIVE] you loser

Subject: Deku Tree ?!?!?!?

that guy is aserious badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Wear some cargo shorts.

• Locked thread