Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Serperoth posted:

Luna and AGUF are mostly similar (and pretty good). Luna was giving me errors, so I switched back to AGUF which seems pretty good.

My issue is that mob HP doesn't seem to work. It appears on the tooltip using MobInfo or MobHealth, but not on the frames, neither Luna nor AGUF. Apparently the scripting for AGUF's HP tags doesn't work? Does anyone have info on that?

MobHealth3 works with Luna but probably not the way you want.

from the OP

quote:

Weird Vanilla poo poo other servers couldnt deliver on - 8 Debuff Slots, Pre 1.4 item stats (Felheart Robes have 4 fire damage), No HP tracking on enemies, Vanilla-like Mob leashes (Kite Teremus to stormwind), Proper social aggro/fleeing mechanics.

In retail Vanilla there wasn't any way to just ping the server for mob health data the only way those addons worked was by doing damage and calculating it as you hit them. Same goes for anything that isnt you or in your party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I can't remember, which races can actually level 1-60 while just sticking to their racial areas? Plan on making a few classes, and trying to not hit the issue I just did of trying to level entirely off of Silverpine and getting laughed at by the game for it, especially with my Alliance characters, since I never really played Alliance.

Undead can't, Silverpine cuts off at about 15-16ish, only to pick back up around 18/19ish so you have to go to the Barrens for a bit.

Trolls, Orcs and Tauren have Durotar/Mulgore to the Barrens to Ashenvale/Stonetalon, to Thousand Needles/Desolace, to Dustwallow/Tanaris. They basically have choices constantly, so they never really need to go to the Undead areas outside of liking them for whatever reason. I remember never having issues questing on my Troll/Tauren guys back in Vanilla.

I remember as a human player Elwynn to Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood always worked just fine leveling wise. After that you can always do the neutral zones/go up north or whatever, it seems to send you everywhere.

Night Elves look to have Teldrassil to Darkshore, to Ashenvale/Stonetalon, to Desolace, to ????

Dwarves/Gnomes look to have Dun Morogh, to Loch Modan, to Wetlands, to Arathi/???

As I said, I've always rolled Horde, and Horde is basically "Go to Southern Kalimdor, it's where all your quests are.". I forgot about Silverpine being unfinished, and now I'm worried looking at the Alliance questing hubs they might have the same problem, considering they don't all get funneled the way the Horde does with Barrens/Ashenvale/Stonetalon.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 27, 2015

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rookersh posted:

I can't remember, which races can actually level 1-60 while just sticking to their racial areas?

Human and orc? Night elves have the same thing that undead do where their quest zones kinda peter out

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone that starts in Kalimdor for the Horde, anyone that starts in Azeroth for the Alliance, because you can double-dip on the Dwarf zones as a Human and the likes. A NElf or a UD would just do their surrounding zones, run out of quests before they've leveled up to where they can do the next zone comfortably, then have to either grind or make the long walk towards the other starter zones.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Night elves are really the only race that switching pre-20 zones could be said to be problematic for. Horde can just hop on the UC-Org zeppelin and the rest of the Alliance has the tram. Elves have to run through the Wetlands.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Dope as hell.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tanners posted:

MobHealth3 works with Luna but probably not the way you want.

from the OP

In retail Vanilla there wasn't any way to just ping the server for mob health data the only way those addons worked was by doing damage and calculating it as you hit them. Same goes for anything that isnt you or in your party.

Yeah I was hoping that MobHealth would 'give' data to Luna (or AGUF, since Luna was giving me issues), I remember about HP being calculated.
I guess percentages will do. Thanks Tanners.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Serperoth posted:

Yeah I was hoping that MobHealth would 'give' data to Luna (or AGUF, since Luna was giving me issues), I remember about HP being calculated.
I guess percentages will do. Thanks Tanners.

Mobhealth3 does actually work with Luna. Try the download here http://www.curseforge.com/media/files/72/65/mobhealth3-mobhealth3-3-2.zip

also holy poo poo he responded to my request and added 2d portraits hell loving yes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tanners posted:

Mobhealth3 does actually work with Luna. Try the download here http://www.curseforge.com/media/files/72/65/mobhealth3-mobhealth3-3-2.zip

also holy poo poo he responded to my request and added 2d portraits hell loving yes.

Got it working, for anyone else interested. Had to remove the Luna file from the WTF folder.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Hello Sailor posted:

Night elves are really the only race that switching pre-20 zones could be said to be problematic for. Horde can just hop on the UC-Org zeppelin and the rest of the Alliance has the tram. Elves have to run through the Wetlands.

The run isn't terrible with 2 people around level 10 or so.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
God drat you OP.

In as Skizi - Level 2 Undead Warlock

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
RE: Action Bars. Bongos is good but it has conflicts with Supermacro, which is the goat addon. Bartender is ugly. I recommend Zbar.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

holy poo poo

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Hope you stuck it on the AH for 1000g as a troll.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

So this server kind of sucks, frankly. The most apparent problem is obviously the lag, but I don't count that against them. I just know that at certain times during the day and for most of the weekends, I shouldn't play.

This server's scripting seems bad. I see people espouse in game as well on reddit and other places about how great it is, but there's dozens of quests alone that are missing, buggy, or incomplete. The excuse invariably is 'it wasn't like that in wow 1.4' which has to do with item stats.

It's a shame that everyone's piled onto this one server because its population could easily support a few servers comfortably

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

So this server kind of sucks, frankly. The most apparent problem is obviously the lag, but I don't count that against them. I just know that at certain times during the day and for most of the weekends, I shouldn't play.

This server's scripting seems bad. I see people espouse in game as well on reddit and other places about how great it is, but there's dozens of quests alone that are missing, buggy, or incomplete. The excuse invariably is 'it wasn't like that in wow 1.4' which has to do with item stats.

It's a shame that everyone's piled onto this one server because its population could easily support a few servers comfortably

Could you please provide specific examples of this bad scripting and incomplete quests because thousands of other people are having the opposite reaction including myself.

Also the latency on this server is perfectly acceptable a vast majority of the time.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I have not run into any bad scripting at all, the raids are well scripted too.

I know some quests are missing, but that's intentional. Searing Gorge for instance you have no reason to visit. The whole 1.4 thing is not just about stats. Many things are not currently in the game yet.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Tanners posted:

Could you please provide specific examples of this bad scripting and incomplete quests because thousands of other people are having the opposite reaction including myself.

Also the latency on this server is perfectly acceptable a vast majority of the time.

Ghost-o-plasm roundup in Desolace doesn't work. You cant get 'zapped giants' in Feralas, but you can get the followup (how does that even happen). The quest to kill yetis in Feralas works but the followup doesn't exist. There's a couple of not implemented quests in Steamwheedle Port (think they might have been added later in vanilla). The quest that sends you to Uldum where you talk to a ghost doesn't work. The quest chain that has you rescue some dudes in the mine in searing gorge bugs out when you're to kill the elite golem. Hakkar in Sunken Temple is a mess: if more than one person clicks his bones, it summons him twice, if you wipe he just despawns and you cant summon him again.

That's just some stuff I've come across in the past 2 or 3 days, and I utterly disagree with the characterization that the server's latency is perfectly acceptable the vast majority of the time. Things are great through prime time to late night PDT, but as soon as Euro prime time kicks in, it's almost unplayable.

Phosphia posted:

I have not run into any bad scripting at all, the raids are well scripted too.

I know some quests are missing, but that's intentional. Searing Gorge for instance you have no reason to visit. The whole 1.4 thing is not just about stats. Many things are not currently in the game yet.

I understand the 1.4 thing and knew Searing Gorge would be relatively barren. But what does 1.4 have to do with, for example, Arathi Basin not giving the proper amount of reputation?

I'm hoping that most of the buggy/incomplete stuff I've seen is just due to it being sub-60 content and that the 60 dungeons and raids are be properly done.

Hardbody Jones fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 28, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Ghost-o-plasm roundup in Desolace doesn't work. You cant get 'zapped giants' in Feralas, but you can get the followup (how does that even happen). The quest to kill yetis in Feralas works but the followup doesn't exist. There's a couple of not implemented quests in Steamwheedle Port (think they might have been added later in vanilla). The quest that sends you to Uldum where you talk to a ghost doesn't work. The quest chain that has you rescue some dudes in the mine in searing gorge bugs out when you're to kill the elite golem. Hakkar in Sunken Temple is a mess: if more than one person clicks his bones, it summons him twice, if you wipe he just despawns and you cant summon him again.

That's just some stuff I've come across in the past 2 or 3 days, and I utterly disagree with the characterization that the server's latency is perfectly acceptable the vast majority of the time. Things are great through prime time to late night PDT, but as soon as Euro prime time kicks in, it's almost unplayable.

I can confirm the Uldum quest works as i did it on my druid less than a week ago. I'm not alliance so i cant speak on the searing gorge chain, those others are all true and yeah it sucks that a handful of quests don't work but far far more work here than any other server available. I can say confidently after leveling 1-60 7 times now on 3 different vanilla servers that this one is easily miles ahead.

Sure a few things arent gonna be perfect, just report it and move on to the vast many things that DO work here and DON'T work anywhere else.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

I guess Rebirth just spoiled me then, since it's the only other wow emu server I've leveled on

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

I guess Rebirth just spoiled me then, since it's the only other wow emu server I've leveled on

Except rebirth had poo poo scripting, buggy quests and the raids were a loving mess

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

OK

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Also, maybe it's just me, but I remember actual Blizz WoW being kind of on fire at all times as well ( especially in places nobody ever quested in like Desolace/Feralas ). A few quests just not working is totally Blizzlike!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Someone talk me out of playing this lovely game.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
1. It's vanilla wow

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm not sure if that's speaking against it or for it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm not sure if that's speaking against it or for it

Very against.

Don't do it man, Chinese people used to die playing this game. This game has documented proof it had caused men across the globe to neglect their wives and children and destroy their lives...

But also p fuckin sweet. After playing for a bit I can totally get why.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

Someone talk me out of playing this lovely game.

Get in and play Horde so I can tell you how much I love your thread and how much I love red pandas in general.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Just wanna say I'm basically in the same boat as you. I love the idea of vanilla wow but after leveling 2 characters to early 40s I just can't stick with it for all the reasons you mention. The low general overall quality compared to a retail server just kills it for me because I can't shake the idea that I'm playing on something that could evaporate at any second. All those little bugs, the constant lag, the over crowdedness, and the even-worse playerbase (by virtue of it being free) just serve as constant reminders that this isn't the real thing. I'm honestly happy for people for whom this stuff doesn't bother them, because they'll enjoy themselves in a way I just can't. I just hope blizzard gets desperate enough to pull a daybreak and put out a TLP, but I know if this were ever happen it still wouldn't be for 5+ years in all likelihood. I understand these concerns may come off as nigling and encourage people to try it for themselves, but I also wanted to let you know you're not crazy.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
Is there a good quest tracker/navigation addon? One that puts points on the minimap? I hate running back to a spot because I missed a quest item/mob.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!

floydpepper posted:

Is there a good quest tracker/navigation addon? One that puts points on the minimap? I hate running back to a spot because I missed a quest item/mob.

Try Questie:

https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev

It's very, very good.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Tanners posted:

Except rebirth had poo poo scripting, buggy quests and the raids were a loving mess

Can confirm.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Tanners posted:

Definitely this. Nos is the best emu server I've run across so far. ED might have been less buggy, but had some obvious horribly kludged together stuff going on.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Hello Sailor posted:

ED might have been less buggy,

NOPE

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Hello Sailor posted:

Definitely this. Nos is the best emu server I've run across so far. ED might have been less buggy, but had some obvious horribly kludged together stuff going on.

Did you never go underwater?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

uPen posted:

Did you never go underwater?

I don't think I did. Was levelling a warlock for my main, though, so would've had underwater breath anyway.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Speaking of bugs, as we were, I logged in at the auction house in Orgrimmar, immediately started flying across the map, at which point a wind rider spawned underneath me and proceeded to fly me in a straight line to The Crossroads. Walls and the floor were not respected:

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013

landofcake posted:

Speaking of bugs, as we were, I logged in at the auction house in Orgrimmar, immediately started flying across the map, at which point a wind rider spawned underneath me and proceeded to fly me in a straight line to The Crossroads. Walls and the floor were not respected:

Wow, this really IS Blizzlike coding. I might have to get in on this, seeing as the inactivity of the old ED guild was the main thing that turned me off. It seems like the Horde guild is more populous this time around, is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tgump posted:

It seems like the Horde guild is more populous this time around, is that true?

It's about the same

• Locked thread