Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
as a Swans supporter, I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Petition to rename this forum The Swan Sea tia

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I think it would be nice if like all those try hard teams that parade an eagle around prior to games, Swansea had an angry swan knocking about

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

I think it would be nice if like all those try hard teams that parade an eagle around prior to games, Swansea had an angry swan knocking about

They do, he's called Cyril and its actually sassassin in a swan costume angrily running around while swiping right on tinder

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

It's amazing that the club knew about him needing knee surgery, withheld the information until after the window closed and then justified their not signing a striker by saying "Welbeck is due back after the international break!". Conveniently, Danny will be back right in time for the January window. A perfect chance for Arsene to use the 'Well Danny will be back soon and that will be like a new signing!". This club. Holy poo poo.'

E: I'll do it to myself. Nice Meltdown. Because I'm melting down. All this team had to do was bring in one or two players to have a realistic title challenge and they refused to do it.

This is pretty hosed up. I approve your meltdown.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wenger doesn't need injuries as an excuse in January, he always has the claim of "winter inflation" for players.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe all teams should have to have real world versions of their nicknames knocking about, would make some teams think twice before picking dangerous animals

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Just to be sure, we're all agreed that the amount of money in the Premier League is a bubble right? And we're all looking forward to when it pops right?

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

Yeah Cyril the Swan is pretty much that. Probably one of the few mascots whose been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I remember him abseiling onto the pitch at the Vetch once too which was fun.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I hate to break it to you but Cyril isn't a real swan

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Akileese posted:

It's amazing that the club knew about him needing knee surgery, withheld the information until after the window closed and then justified their not signing a striker by saying "Welbeck is due back after the international break!". Conveniently, Danny will be back right in time for the January window. A perfect chance for Arsene to use the 'Well Danny will be back soon and that will be like a new signing!". This club. Holy poo poo.'

E: I'll do it to myself. Nice Meltdown. Because I'm melting down. All this team had to do was bring in one or two players to have a realistic title challenge and they refused to do it.

It's almost as if the club knew Koscielny had an achilles issue last season and did the exact same thing, hmm

It's almost as if the club has had midfield balance /personnel issues for years now, hmm

It's almost as if the strikeforce has been weak since RVP left

Wenger / Kroenke / the board just don't seem that interested in winning the league, and sooner or later guys like Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin, and Ramsey are gonna catch on and bounce.

Broletariat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 3, 2015

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Arsenal won the FA cup last year??!!

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Nice meltdowns, everyone

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

I hate to break it to you but Cyril isn't a real swan

Of course not, a real swan could break your arm. Can't have that sort of dangerous animal running around a football pitch.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

MrBling posted:

Of course not, a real swan could break your arm. Can't have that sort of dangerous animal running around a football pitch.

They let the most dangerous animal of all run around a football pitch

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

They let the most dangerous animal of all run around a football pitch

Charlie Adam is just one man though.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

MrBling posted:

Charlie Adam is just one man though.

he said run

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Brighterday posted:

Just to be sure, we're all agreed that the amount of money in the Premier League is a bubble right? And we're all looking forward to when it pops right?

It'll pop if the other leagues don't get better broadcasting deals, because who the gently caress else is going to take all these Lamelas that have been transferred for 30m+ on 250k/week if not other PL clubs.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Adebayor has not been registered in the Premier League or Europa League squads.

When Pochettino hates a guy, he really hates him.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Pochettino is racist.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Brony Car posted:

Pochettino is racist.

Adebayor sucks and should have died in that Togo bus shootout IMO

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Brony Car posted:

Pochettino is racist.

Same

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I didn't notice until now that the great Yank hope DeAndre Yedlin has gone on loan to Sunderland

I love that the obsessive American soccer fans/stalkers are forced to watch Sunderland again

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
just noticed that Jorge Mendes is Martial's agent because of course he is, what the gently caress does he tells these clubs to make them overpay so much for these shitlord players?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
"I'll give you 1 or 2mil of my 10mil agent fee"

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

El Hefe posted:

just noticed that Jorge Mendes is Martial's agent because of course he is, what the gently caress does he tells these clubs to make them overpay so much for these shitlord players?

Woodward is a clueless idiot and Mendes the only agent he knows.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

El Hefe posted:

Isn't it just "do this deal or you'll never sign any of my other players"? Then he turns around to other players and says "look at the move I got for X, sign with me and I'll get you to Madrid/Chelsea/PSG etc". He can play both ends against the middle, it's a beautiful position to be in.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe posted:

I've read before that he tries to package his players so that you have to buy a Martial to get a Costa.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

blue footed boobie posted:

I've read before that he tries to package his players so that you have to buy a Martial to get a Costa.

Maybe it was we had to buy a Falcao to get a Martial? It seems a dumb thing to speculate on

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Are you sure :raise:

transfermarkt has him listed under Mondial Sports Management. That's not Mendes' company.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Weaponized Cum posted:

as a Swans supporter, I

I'm a Palace fan now. Big, big fan of the Eagles.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I always figure that Mendes owns all the agents and they're all just fronts.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

The Big Taff Man posted:

Maybe it was we had to buy a Falcao to get a Martial? It seems a dumb thing to speculate on

Speaking of dumb things to speculate on, Anthony Martial.

Also lol this is dire. http://www.skysports.com/manchester-united-transfers. They are a bigger club than City and their transfer list looks like Spurs'.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Broletariat posted:

It's almost as if the club knew Koscielny had an achilles issue last season and did the exact same thing, hmm

It's almost as if the club has had midfield balance /personnel issues for years now, hmm

It's almost as if the strikeforce has been weak since RVP left

Wenger / Kroenke / the board just don't seem that interested in winning the league, and sooner or later guys like Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin, and Ramsey are gonna catch on and bounce.

This is the justification everyone uses for being against selling the team to Usmanov, that and the fact that he's essentially an Uzbebki Roman Abramovich.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah he has 8 of his players at Valencia and 8 more at Monaco, like 4 at Real Madrid, etc, he obviously likes these package deals.

PirateBob posted:

transfermarkt has him listed under Mondial Sports Management. That's not Mendes' company.

Marca says he's one of his players

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

PirateBob posted:

That is not an accurate website.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe all teams should have to have real world versions of their nicknames knocking about, would make some teams think twice before picking dangerous animals

If you're Arsenal, do you go with a cannon or a dinosaur?
United are going to be interesting...
I'd never want to attend a Watford/Brentford match

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Marca says he's one of his players

Well if Marca says so..

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Akileese posted:

This is the justification everyone uses for being against selling the team to Usmanov, that and the fact that he's essentially an Uzbebki Roman Abramovich.

Anything's better than Stan. He's ruined the Rams with his lovely ownership.

Would be hilarious if that Nigerian guy came in and swooped it from Usmanov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Broletariat posted:

Anything's better than Stan. He's ruined the Rams with his lovely ownership.

gently caress Derby tbh

• Locked thread